Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2009 12:49 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow. Fumi impressed me at the end. I felt a tiny bit bad for Yacchan, but not much. The way she dumped Fumi was selfish.

Sep 2, 2009 7:32 PM

Apr 2009
yeah Fumi surprised me. Aa-chan is so cute being all protective of Fumi. only one more to go. so sad.
Sep 3, 2009 8:39 AM

Jun 2008
So, finally Fumi said everything to Yacchan.
Sad, but true.
I think it's my favorite episode. <3

巨人を一匹残らず駆逐してある!
Sep 3, 2009 10:17 AM

Feb 2009
Fumi was amazing. She's so strong. :)
I'm glad she said that.
Sep 3, 2009 2:02 PM
Dec 2008
Fumi was so strong here, but I really felt sorry for Yasuko... to have lost both of the people who meant so much to her, must be heartbreaking. It makes me want to give her a big hug!
Sep 3, 2009 2:50 PM

Sep 2008

+ 1 for Mamiko Noto for voicing a character not relentlessly falling in love.

I'd have to go against Fumi on this episode though. I absolutely support her decision, but I don't like it; just a little depressing. More than ever, they just looked good together in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2009 3:10 PM
Jun 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
More than ever, they just looked good together in this episode.

Girls are more attractive to you when they don't want you.

Yasuko got schooled. Way to go, Fumi. Standing up to someone who makes your knees weak and your heart flutter and gets your head in a tangle is definitely the strong thing to do.

I hope folks are taking note that Fumi is an emotionally sturdy girl. Sure, she's a crybaby, but she's not weak. Like I said before, she cries because she's sensitive. Sensitive does not mean weak. And here, she shows just how strong her personality is, standing up to someone who can charm her way out of a paper bag.

Dealing with an ex, especially since this is technically her first girlfriend, thus her FIRST ex, is a tough thing to do. A lot of people just let their ex come back into their lives thinking that maybe they can be better, maybe they can make it work again. But Fumi's a smart girl. She knows that her and Yasuko are old news and that no matter what, if their hearts were not in it the first time, they won't be there for another time.

It is sort of sad. I do feel genuinely sorry for Yasuko. That scene in the cave where she starts crying because Fumi told her it's done for good between the two of them, and where Fumi just brutally lays down some truths to Yasuko is just about the most touching and painful scene in this entire episode.

She didn't shed a tear over her sister marrying the love of her life. She cried when her ex-girlfriend laid down some honesty in front her face and told her she doesn't want to be part of her life any more. I think here Yasuko, for the first time in her life, is feeling the consequences of her actions.

As she said to Shinobu before, she just selfishly did whatever she wanted, and nobody ever had anything to say about it and nobody ever stopped her. In fact, most people just glorified her rebellion. For the first time, she's seeing that what she's done has actually hurt someone. And that overwhelming sense of guilt just seemed to hit her in that scene in the caves.

I think Yasuko has grown up just a bit. And so has Fumi. She hasn't cried in a while, and she kept a stiff upper lip when dealing with Yasuko.

It's nice to watch an anime where the characters learn and mature.
Sep 3, 2009 6:48 PM

Dec 2007
Seiryuu said:

Wow. Fumi impressed me at the end. I felt a tiny bit bad for Yacchan, but not much. The way she dumped Fumi was selfish.

that's exactely what i think ...
DayanSep 3, 2009 6:54 PM
Sep 3, 2009 7:01 PM

Nov 2007
It was okay.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 3, 2009 11:06 PM

Dec 2008
Kind of nice to see Fumi develop as a person over the course of the show. I wonder what's going to happen for the last episode though...and if there is going to be another season.
Sep 4, 2009 4:11 AM

Feb 2008
after seeing this episode, I honestly think it can't really be only 11 episodes... unless they clamp it all up on ep11 or make some major changes on the storyline.. but oh well can't wait for ep11.. it'll definitely be interesting fufufu ^,^~*

Sep 4, 2009 12:08 PM

Apr 2009
Fumi's words surprised me XD Hope they make a second season.
Sep 4, 2009 10:20 PM

Jan 2009
If theres any other word than 'Intense' to describe this episode please let me know and I will gladly commit seppuku. Anyway what's left to say here? Kou, Kou, Kou Kou, why do I love him? And he barely spoke in this episode, his subtle presence in the wedding made me so oddly happy, ah well, whatever.

I preddicted I wouldn't be able to feel sorry for Yasuko for what she did to Fumi, I was extremely wrong, oh god, the way Fumi just told her to grow up was just like someone being stabed in the heart with a nail. She really accepted the fact that Fumi just got over it and there wouldn't be return. I still don't understand why Yasuko went there with Shinobu and Akira to see Fumi, to say sorry? Please, I wish she could just trew away those moments she spent with her :/ What was her point?

Well, I really love the way the Sugimoto sisters interact with each other, Kuri along with Shinako and Yasuko's scene made me giggle a bit.

Interesting, I'm glithching here to see whats going to happen in the last episode.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 5, 2009 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
kukaku said:
after seeing this episode, I honestly think it can't really be only 11 episodes...

Exactly...Oo
It seems weird to me too... :/
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Sep 5, 2009 6:37 AM
Jun 2008
GothicQueen said:
kukaku said:
after seeing this episode, I honestly think it can't really be only 11 episodes...

Exactly...Oo
It seems weird to me too... :/

Weird, but that's what's happening. People are taking less risks in Japan with these unmarketable anime series.
Sep 6, 2009 4:57 PM

Mar 2009
Nuuu just realised there's 1 episode left, but it seems only like half way there..

Season 2? Seems like the manga is still going.. or maybe some OVAs or something..

..hopefully.

My first yuri anime, and I had no idea when I first started, what a lucky pick :P
Sep 6, 2009 10:40 PM

Nov 2008
Way to go Fumi. It's great to see how strong shes become.
Sep 9, 2009 4:11 PM

Feb 2008
like everyone else, I was cheering for Fumi this episode. there are so few women in anime capable of doing what she just did.

unless the last episode is pure fail, or a cliffhanger, this series will probably get a 10 from me :)

Mikiyo said:
I still don't understand why Yasuko went there with Shinobu and Akira to see Fumi, to say sorry?

I think she was just feeling lonely because of the wedding and was thinking about kick starting the relationship again to make herself feel better, even though she wasn't really serious about Fumi. which is why she felt so guilty after Fumi told her off for treating her heart like a hacky sack and asked her to grow up. I think that's the first time she really empathized with the pain she was inflicting on Fumi.
Sep 9, 2009 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
Fumi Wowed me in this episode...I'm still in shock O_O
Sep 10, 2009 5:30 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode, loved the ending - it was great to see Fumi stand up and show how much she's toughened up and matured over the series. Yasuko finally realised how selfish she had been, and about time too.

Sep 10, 2009 7:19 AM

Jun 2008
Hah! Yasuko thinks she can just crawl back into Fumi's life. I'm glad she had some smackdown laid upon her, hope it makes her focus on the bigger picture.

That's what happens when you chase an unrequited love, and forsake those whom do care about you. Serves her right.
Sep 11, 2009 5:12 PM

Jul 2008
DBailey635 said:
Fumi was so strong here, but I really felt sorry for Yasuko... to have lost both of the people who meant so much to her, must be heartbreaking. It makes me want to give her a big hug!

What I felt as well. Despite not approving her actions I'm pretty fond of Yasuko I think. She's still immature, she acts strong hiding from everyone how weak she actually is. But that's just because she wants to protect herself and struggles to feel loved. Hope that now she finally understood that acting that way she's just hurting others, and even herself in the end.

Fumi on the other side showed a lot of maturation during the series. At the end she even made me think that even though she seems quite weak she may be actually pretty strong.
Akira's overprotectiveness for her was cute. XD

As someone already stated, Sugimoto sisters interaction = win.
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
Sep 12, 2009 12:59 AM

May 2008
One more episode to go and im liking this show more and more

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 12, 2009 8:03 PM

May 2008
Wow...Fumi really let her have it this time. Good ep. I still like Yasuko though. Those prince types get me every time.

Sep 13, 2009 6:22 PM

Aug 2008
What a punch to the gut. But the exchange between Fumi & Yasuko was completely realistic. Realistically harsh. Realistically blunt. Realistically painful. It stings the most when it comes from someone as reserved and graceful as Fumi. My favorite characters for this series have to be the Sugimoto sisters when they're all together. It's fun to watch.
Sep 16, 2009 6:00 AM

Oct 2007
Way to go Fumi!
Giving Yasuko a reality check after her drift though the wedding.
Sep 23, 2009 10:17 AM
May 2008
Ridiculous ending... there I said it, someone had to. The characters are way too formulaic with their reactions and even personalities. Maybe it's just me but there isn't anything special or interesting really to this series.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 25, 2009 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
Way to go, Fumi :D I'm sad that there's only one left ;^;

Oct 9, 2009 11:02 PM

Dec 2007
It's nice to see Fumi finally stands up and able to move on. Good job, Fumi!
Oct 13, 2009 9:56 PM

Apr 2009
I do feel for Yasuko; then again, through most of the episode I had read her motivation as looking more for just friendship and trying to come to an understanding with Fumi, rather than looking to actually re-start the relationship like that.

On review, her comments to Fumi as to why she came were vague in that regard, at least in the translation I saw.
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
May 26, 2010 2:51 PM

Jan 2010
transcendent said:

yes.
this episode was really intense, as i expected. :3
Jul 7, 2010 4:36 AM

Aug 2009
Poor Fumi.

Kinda felt sorry for Sugimoto. But she really is selfish.
Aug 1, 2010 2:00 AM

Mar 2010
Fumi finally came up for herself.. so does this mean Yacchan wanted Fumi back?..
Oh and Achan was so cute for trying to protect Fumi so much..
Mar 28, 2011 12:26 AM

Mar 2009
Fumi sure moved on quickly.. but it's good for her.
May 29, 2011 11:47 AM

Feb 2011
Yasuko fairly deserves it though feel bad for her a bit :)
Mar 6, 2012 8:22 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, what an episode. Made me choke up a bit at the end, but it needed to be done.

Fumi chan really is admirable.

I also loved that we got some insight into the past of both Yasuko and Kyouko. The reason why Yasuko was so bothered by her was the fact she reminded her of how she truly is.

I have also cut all my hair off for around the same reason.

Sigh... here comes the final episode.
May 19, 2012 11:23 PM

Nov 2011
Jun 2, 2013 8:03 AM

Feb 2010
Yasuko is looking at Kazusa and Kagami,
Kyouko is looking at Yasuko,
Sawanoi is looking at Kyouko.

That's just...beautiful.
Jun 10, 2013 11:59 AM
May 2011
I don't like Yasuko very much (if don't break up with someone TEN SECONDS after they met your family), but the look she had when Fumi told her she was over her, that look of total shock - I so know that XD
Jun 19, 2014 1:15 AM

Apr 2012
OUCH rejected

the prince of happiness! the IRONY

Aug 20, 2014 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
ooooooooooooo mane

"Please grow up."

sheeeeeeeeeeeei

Here it is folks. Last episode's where it finally starts, and ends. Goddamnit.
zetsu_shorenAug 20, 2014 8:24 AM
Nov 22, 2014 9:10 PM
Jun 2013
This anime went in a completely different direction than what I was expecting. Can't help but think everything would be a lot better if Yasuko bowed out sooner.She's even more annoying now. Pompous demeanor, insensitivity, and selfishness. I didn't really care much for her apology at the end. She wasn't trying to express that in the beginning, she was just being selfish again, running back to Fumi. She was apologetic and wants to cry when she gets called out on it all and is rejected. Completely her fault. I would have rather seen Fumi and Ah-Chan as a couple. Fumi and Yasuko never really had chemistry to me anyways, it was always an awkward matchup imo.

While I understand its a milestone for their to be such transparency about
homosexuality/bisexuality in anime, these relationships are incredibly
lackluster. Most of the time it's just uninteresting to me. Everything is so
bland...great organ piece in this episode though.
Jan 14, 2015 1:31 PM
Aug 2012
The ol' two fisted combo from Fumi, wam WAM! good, I don't much sympathize with Sugimoto. glad to see some spark to Fumi finallyyy

Achan is just the perfect best friend per usual. Good for her
Feb 21, 2015 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
"Then be a woman and move on." Fumi really laid down exactly what Yasuko needed to hear. That was really bold and admirable of her, it really goes to show how she's grown from the breakup and has come out of her timid shell.
Aug 12, 2015 10:05 AM
Aug 2012
I enjoy reading comment on this series very thoroughly-because it's very interesting to know what others feel and think about such anime. As for me I feel sad that only 1 episode is left for me,I want to see all manga animated, though(( There was too many emotions and feeling of too many people and most of them feel pain in their hearts,they know that it will make them stronger but still they don't want to let that fluttering feelings of youth go
May 6, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2014
Way to go Fumi! I'm glad she said that.
Jan 22, 2017 11:31 PM

Oct 2012
Yasuko is wearing a SUIT. I can't even.
Oh my GOD, I just love Yasuko so much. And Fumi is so straight forward. That hurt.
Apr 3, 2017 5:26 PM

Jan 2015
Can't help but think Fumi is quite hypocritical on this one. At least Yasuko went to her sister's wedding, when Fumi wouldn't even face her cousin anymore.
Yasuko is the one who grew the most throghout the show. Fumi still has a ways to go.
Apr 6, 2017 8:54 AM
Jan 2012
Yasuko doesn't give a damn, hm? She does as she pleases. From the way she dresses, to the way she treats people. I both like and I hate that.

Anyways, I didn't expect Fumi to say that. Wow.

Also, I really don't like Akira's brother. He is so clingy to Akira it is creepy.
Apr 14, 2017 6:57 PM

Jun 2013
Fumi is savage. The moment was satisfying because Fumi stood up to Yacchan, but also because the latter might actually get it now. I don't really feel bad for her, but I'm glad she's actually capable of remorse.

It was a cute theme, how people mimic the ones they adore. And it cleared it up why Yasuko was so bothered by Kyouko, after the foreshadowing during the school play episode.

HapHazrD said:
Can't help but think Fumi is quite hypocritical on this one. At least Yasuko went to her sister's wedding, when Fumi wouldn't even face her cousin anymore.
Yasuko is the one who grew the most throghout the show. Fumi still has a ways to go.

While technically it's true that eventually Fumi will have to get better at controlling her emotions, and she's obviously not perfect, I don't think you're making a fair comparison. The fact that Fumi doesn't want to face her cousin or Yasuko is because she knows that seeing her cousin would be painful and she wants to avoid that pain, while Yasuko probably tagged along with Fumi either as a means to distract herself and make herself feel better, or for her own amusement - which is the direct reason why Fumi told her to "grow up". What you said implies that since Yasuko had a painful experience, she is entitled to give Fumi the same treatment, as if it were Fumi's fault that Yasuko, whether on her own volition or not, went to her sister's wedding.

Not to mention that, as far as I know, keeping close contact with an ex or the object of an unrequited crush or ex will most likely interfere with the process of moving on, in its early stages at the very least. This is not like a phobia that you can "conquer" by facing the object that causes it.

Still, it's kind of interesting that these characters can be apparently interpreted in such wildly different ways.
LeeTailorApr 15, 2017 6:47 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MRLX69 - Jul 1, 2009

129 by hagukoko »»
Mar 14, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fugles - Sep 9, 2009

127 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Aug 12, 2009

65 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 6, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Jul 15, 2009

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 5, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2009

80 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.