Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 2, 2009 10:33 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think a fist on the face of someone will hurt this person...
I'm not sure about that.
I liked the song and the episode of overall. :)
Aug 2, 2009 12:33 PM

Apr 2009
Such a sad and tragic episode! Cried the whole way through. Poor Ramel.
Aug 2, 2009 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
I've never thought that Isara could died... I was hoping that she would survie somehow.. Such sad episode...

Aug 2, 2009 1:54 PM

Jun 2009
Like everyone has said, it indeed is a sad episode. I got all choked up inside throughout the entire episode. rip Isara.

ps. I really hate Damon :/
Aug 2, 2009 2:31 PM
Jan 2009
Yeah it's a sad episode...those that played the game, did Welkin and Alicia get together? Pm me if possible, thanks.
Aug 2, 2009 2:59 PM

Jul 2008
oo lolz at the end
the punch at the end i knew it would happen sometime lol

=O Alica ADMITS!
Aug 2, 2009 3:17 PM

May 2009
Bonus points to Faldio for refocusing those pissed off Squad 7 members and giving Welkin what was coming to him.

A little surprised over Alicia's confession, but glad she did it. Now if only Welkin will stop behaving like an ass...

Overall, a very good, but very sad episode. Still mad that they killed her off. She will be missed.
Aug 2, 2009 5:54 PM

May 2007
TBH i can see and understand why welkin acts this way. He thinks that he cant show his sadness and inside he is blaming himself. So without going all emo (like some ppl would like to call it) he focusses himself on his job as commander. Everyone has his own means to deal with death but its a good thing faldio punched him when welkin went too far.

I saw this coming and although the part in the game was way more touching this was a touching episode too. Im glad Rosie got a bit over her selfblaming.
Aug 2, 2009 7:01 PM

Feb 2008
R4yn0r said:
Finally! Welkin got what he deserves at the end of the ep :P

somehow one could expect him to react pretty much the way he did. i suppose it will be a another episode before they are back in the game.
Aug 2, 2009 7:35 PM

Sep 2008
TT_TT ISARA TT_TT
why why...
alicia`s confecion was 2 rushed
fuck you daemon
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 2, 2009 8:29 PM

Mar 2009
Zero_r2 said:

fuck you daemon

Well said.

This was a good episode sad but good. I had hoped that Isara might somehow have recovered, but her death makes the show more realistic. People always die in war...
Aug 2, 2009 8:47 PM

Jan 2009
Zero_r2 said:

Alicia's confession was 2 rushed

I agree, I think they should have taken a little more time instead of her just blurting it out.

Overall, a sad episode because of what happened to Isara and Welkin went all emotionless on us. Hopefully he will come to his senses.
Aug 2, 2009 10:00 PM

Feb 2009
I definitely cried in this episode. I wasn't sure at the end of the last episode if she actually died or not. :(

btw, does anyone know the name of the song that rosie sang? it was so pretty!
Aug 2, 2009 10:22 PM

Dec 2008
That was quite a different approach than the game but I think the anime did a decent job or portraying Isara's passing. The flashbacks of Isara during the episode were particularly effective. I thought Rosie would sing the same song as in the game but I guess not.

EDIT: I hope the end of the series isn't too rushed because There is still a decent amount of stuff to cover in only 8 episodes. Unless there is going to be a second season then I guess they can take as long as they want....though a second season would then seem like too many episodes. There is the possibility that more changes will be made from the game to make it fit they way they want to.
HikaruKanekoAug 2, 2009 10:28 PM
Aug 2, 2009 11:28 PM

Jan 2008
rutix said:
TBH i can see and understand why welkin acts this way. He thinks that he cant show his sadness and inside he is blaming himself. So without going all emo (like some ppl would like to call it) he focusses himself on his job as commander. Everyone has his own means to deal with death but its a good thing faldio punched him when welkin went too far.

my words exactly. Welkin isn't emo or behaves like an "ass".

I think it's a natural reaction over the death of the dearest person to him, that he emotionally closeds himself towards his squad. Especially Alicia on who he has a crush.
Aug 3, 2009 12:18 AM

May 2008
welkin is the one who suffered the most, but dam how can he hold those emotions!
ill be drop dead crying. =/
anyway Alicia,confessed! welkin better not screw up,especially things are getting bad with him and faldio.
Aug 3, 2009 2:09 AM

May 2008
Really sad episode, I cried very much in the end.

Maybe Welkin thinks showing his emotions would make him vulnerable in front of the others and he would loose his title as Commander. He just tries to hide his sorrow by concentrating on his job and acting cold towards the squad especially Alicia. Everyone has his own way to deal with loosing someone important as rutix said.
Aug 3, 2009 3:57 AM

Apr 2008
great episode =D almost wanted to cry xD lols

Aug 3, 2009 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
Best episode so far. I was totally suprised with Isara's death.
Aug 3, 2009 5:55 AM

May 2008
Too bad she died, but that just makes me like her more... her and Welkin... Well hope he crys soon, that would be interesting and touching hehe

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 3, 2009 12:20 PM
Apr 2008
I've been more and more disappointed with Valkyria the more I watch. The punch scene at the end made up for some of it though. Great scene.
Aug 3, 2009 12:34 PM

May 2008
Such a sad episode. I tried not to cry. I feel bad for Ramel. He probably didn't even get to tell Isara how he felt directly.

Even though Welkin's being a super douche bag, it's easy to see why he's acting that way. Though he doesn't show it, he's probably more upset than anyone else.

I'm glad Faldio gave him a sock in the face. He deserved that much.

Aug 3, 2009 1:21 PM

Mar 2008
GodOfSpeed said:
Yeah it's a sad episode...those that played the game, did Welkin and Alicia get together? Pm me if possible, thanks.

Well watch the opening. I guess they get together!

Sad episode
Aug 3, 2009 1:39 PM
Feb 2009
stoked for next ep, wonder what happens to welkin now >.>
Aug 3, 2009 4:07 PM

Jan 2009
Great! slap that emo Welkin!
Aug 3, 2009 6:52 PM

Jan 2009
emo and indifferent Welkin is...disagreeable...
but, If i were Welkin, I could go mad, and then suicide

plus, because of his position, he cant show his sadness
but, his squadsmen are not fond of it

what the hell...
Aug 4, 2009 12:05 AM
Mar 2009
NOOOOOO ISARA'S DEAD!!!!! THIS EPISODE IS SO SAD I THINK I CRIED A BIT....
poor ramal....
fuck you welkin at least show some emotion FUCK

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Aug 4, 2009 12:12 AM

Jul 2009
Wew..saw that was coming..well Welkin attitude is somewhat predictable..in Episode 17 or 16 i forgot..Isara mention about Welkin was "LOST" when his father died..i guess it's a hint for Welkin behaviour on this episode...i think he will be still LOST in the next episode..saw that in the preview when he is soo cold towards Alicia...

Well his attitude will change when...bla..bla..bla..just wait for the next episode..

Alicia confessed?? Well i'm a bit shocked..but i think it's nice timing just not quite good on execution, i mean Welkin must know bluntly about Alicia's feeling..before the next incident..There goes Faldio..by2

For the punch..it must be hurt..but i guess it's necesarry

The Ragnite is Illuminating when Alicia is crying...wonder why?? fufufufu

Anybody knows any funny laughing anime?..i'm still mourn for Isara
Aug 4, 2009 6:22 AM
Mar 2009
FALDIO...PAWNCH!!

So Welkin was the indifferent and apathetic one while Rosie became the emo and the "I should have died!" person. They definitely made this scene more dramatic in the anime compared to the game.

Alicia confessed!...and Welkin mentally said "GTFO" to her...WTF is wrong with you Welkin!?

8 more episodes and they still haven't done the "revelation" scene. Feels like they're gonna rush it now.
Aug 4, 2009 8:40 AM

Aug 2008
Isara's death scene was very well done, IMHO. One of the best death scenes I've ever seen, probably because it was so realistic.

Well, moving on next episode...
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Aug 4, 2009 8:55 AM
Dec 2007
Very average episode. The developments were not credible and more of a regression in terms of story than evolutions. I mean, when Welkin is finally becoming a true and professional commander, taking the right decisions at the right time, everyone resent him for that and Faldio (oh how this character is starting to annoy me) punches him out of nowhere. Rosie's song was slightly annoying too, and I guess from the preview that she will become enraged in battle next episode after having lost Isara. Talk about a cliché.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 4, 2009 2:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
hm, next episode is still more character development. Are they planning to make a second season or what?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 4, 2009 3:11 PM

Oct 2008
5/5 episode. Although it was very sad to see :(

Aug 4, 2009 4:03 PM

Jul 2009
wakka9ca said:
hm, next episode is still more character development. Are they planning to make a second season or what?

I guess 12 episode for second season is not that painfull..i don't want to lose alicia just yet
Aug 4, 2009 5:35 PM

Apr 2009
Laevantein said:
wakka9ca said:

I guess 12 episode for second season is not that painfull..i don't want to lose alicia just yet

Unless the manga carries the story farther than the game I doubt there will be a second season.

Anyways, I think it was a good episode, very emotional. Some people need to stop comparing this to the game and realize that this is based on the manga and not the game.... I think this adaption is very well put together.
Aug 4, 2009 7:58 PM

Jun 2007
I'm glad Welkin got suckerpunched. I mean I know why he was acting the way he was in this episode but i think he took it a little too far in the end with Faldio there. I don't love Faldio but sometimes I think Welkin should be greatful that he has a friend who is willing to "knock some sense" into him every now and then.

I was waiting for a confession like someday and that just felt rushed and at the wrong time. But Welkin did ask the question so Alicia probably felt like that was the best answer at the time.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Aug 5, 2009 2:55 PM

Feb 2009
Welkin deserved that punch, bakayaro.
Aug 5, 2009 5:26 PM

Jun 2007
noooesss Isara! D: I was close to tears all through this episode.

Aug 6, 2009 11:25 AM

Apr 2009
almost cried, great ep
also Zaka has Zoros voice :P i like it
Aug 6, 2009 11:56 AM

Feb 2009
Fatty. General. Must. DIE!!!

Sad episode is sad. ;_; This was more emotionally intense than the game and since I've long lost hope of Valkyria being anything more than a drama show, this is the best episode yet.
Aug 6, 2009 12:47 PM

Jul 2009
Alexstratz said:
Fatty. General. Must. DIE!!!

Sad episode is sad. ;_; This was more emotionally intense than the game and since I've long lost hope of Valkyria being anything more than a drama show, this is the best episode yet.

I agree on that one, man!
Aug 6, 2009 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
Stagnant episode. Even though Welkin's reaction to Isara's death worked, it would have been nice to have seen some variation and vulnerablility. I wasn't entertained, and I'm tired of Rosie singing.
Aug 6, 2009 4:02 PM

May 2009
Isara's death scene touching, none of it was over the top but I wish the punch came half way through the episode.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Aug 6, 2009 4:04 PM

May 2009
This was indeed a very sad episode... D:

I like Faldio more and more. He talked some sense into those Squad 7 members when Welkin was off acting all weird. Welkin deserved that punch too, hope it wakes him up.

I feel sorry for Rosie, I felt she and Isara were finally getting along..
Aug 6, 2009 11:31 PM

Jun 2008
fighting back tears the whole episode ;-;
Aug 7, 2009 12:17 AM

May 2009
Isara ;_;

Faldios a faggot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2009 12:51 AM

Apr 2009
darn it.. i know that isara is dead already and i'm expecting this to be a sad episode as well.. but this really showed how it is really regretful to lose one of the better characters in this show.. anyway.. like everyone said.. welkin deserved a punch and alicia confessing i a little bit off..
Aug 7, 2009 1:04 AM
Aug 2008
Meh. Thats all I can say....

Thank god she is dead though but ugh more of her and welkins back story which I could care less about
qwertyasdf1234Aug 9, 2009 10:42 AM
Aug 7, 2009 1:49 AM
Jun 2008
I did a silent banzai when Alicia did her sudden confession. =3

Personally, I'm just surprised that there wasn't a scene with Welkin crying alone. But that's just me.
Aug 7, 2009 7:39 AM

Sep 2007
After the first 3:00 I decided to drop this show
Why did Isara had to die?
Why couldn't the b***h Alicia died...
So they decided to take off the only decent character in the show and keep all the morons... that's cool...
<.<
that's real cool...
<.<
This show is Officially horrid and I'm done!
JOIN ZERO REQUIEM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.