Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 27, 2007 1:11 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even though I want more action out of this show, I'm actually enjoying all this emotional drama. While I do enjoy seeing Yuji get stronger and stronger by the episode, he really needs to see between the lines. And you know things aren't looking good when its Shana and Yoshida eating alone together on the roof. Looking forawrd to the next episode.
Oct 27, 2007 1:23 PM

Sep 2007
NOOO faust you was 5 min faster T_T
ok anyaway this epi didnt have any action scenes and i didnt expect any
and for the next i think it would be the same
they want to clear the relationship between them first i think
nice way to end it imo especially they didnt say anything
so we have to imagine what would happen now

Oct 27, 2007 1:31 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
True. Poor Shana ;__; .

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 27, 2007 1:55 PM

Apr 2007
Loved the episode... shana is so cute when angry =)

And dont let me start talking about hecate in this particular episode :D :D :D
Oct 27, 2007 3:07 PM

Jul 2007
Lol cant get it... Nothing happened in this episod still it was a 5/5 for me... i loved as well all the shana series :) Icant w8 to see yuzi fight and Shana with Yuzi togerther :) Lets face it Yoshida is for ike :p I also wanna see about Konoe im 99,9999% she Hecate...Anyway Shana ans Yoshida being jelous is imba cant w8 for the next ep go go
Oct 27, 2007 6:44 PM

Sep 2007
You know, it's funny because I've been in Shana's shoes a couple years ago and she's acting in the same way I did back then. haha I really don't like Konoe and not because of all the 'zomg she's getting in the way of ShanaxYuji!!1111'. It's just I don't like her attitude, what with running off somewhere without telling people and expecting everyone to just drop what they're doing to go find her. Bah. Still a great episode :D
Oct 27, 2007 7:04 PM

Jun 2007
S2 focus more on romance,need more action like S1,thats is suppose SNS should be,a action n romance...
Oct 27, 2007 8:59 PM

May 2007
daniel89 said:
S2 focus more on romance,need more action like S1,thats is suppose SNS should be,a action n romance...
I do too. Shana ≠ Romance

Hopefully this episode was just a build up for a later event. Margery did say something about Outlaw; I wonder if more Flame Haze will be involved in this series.

Well, nothing really happened indeed. I wonder why it's taking 2 episodes for just Konoe development.

Looking forward to the next episode~
Oct 27, 2007 9:56 PM

Apr 2007
Aww, Poor Shana..Konoe really knows how to act innocent while makin others jealous.
Though this ep has no action, which is gonna be the same for next week's ep it seems, I'm too still enjoyin this romantic drama part of SnS. Lookin forward to next ep.
Oct 27, 2007 11:24 PM

Apr 2007
Gah, I hate Yuji's complete obliviousness over Shana...

In the next tsundere drama action packed episode of Shakugan no Shana II, Shana and Yoshida Kazumi forget their differences and unite to eliminate the newest obstacle from the idiotic but lovable Sakai Yuji, the pseudo-Hecate!
Oct 28, 2007 12:17 AM

Aug 2007
Yuji seems pretty smart most of the times, except when it comes to Shana. Anyways, this episode has no action, but was still pretty good. During the training it looked like Yuji was starting to improve, if only for a second. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 28, 2007 12:19 AM

Jul 2007
drama in my shana? it's more likely than you think...
Oct 28, 2007 12:28 AM

Mar 2007
cyruz said:
True. Poor Shana ;__; .
Oct 28, 2007 12:37 AM

Sep 2007
ChiBuki said:

Hopefully this episode was just a build up for a later event. Margery did say something about Outlaw; I wonder if more Flame Haze will be involved in this series.

Hopefully Khamsin will get some screentime..

I'm hoping "Konoe" gets exposed soon. I am just a wee bit tired of her, hopefully it'll be soon. I might be over analyzing, but when she constantly looked up into the sky to me, she was probably looking up towards The Bal Masque. That's my take, at least.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Oct 28, 2007 4:23 AM

Jun 2007
I liked this episode especially when they gave you a little insight into Yuji's strength and whatnot. I can't see why Yuji has to think so hard about why Shana is angry, and even though Hecate is cute (but annoying), I find it hard for them not to get angry with her attitude, like going random places without considering other people. Also has anyone noticed that even though Yuji saw that Yoshida wasn't her usual self he was only concerned about Shana? :)
SarcasticNov 11, 2007 12:21 PM
Oct 28, 2007 8:00 AM
Sep 2007
Far too emo. If Yuji would just finally realize that Shana is only jealous. o:
Oct 28, 2007 10:13 AM

May 2007
sevenf said:
we have a new Ito Makoto xD, I have to say this ep was stupid.. Yuji is such an idiot that can't understand what's with shana when we all can clearly see that she's just jealous like omg..
was ok...
my thoughts exactly ^_^
Oct 28, 2007 12:54 PM

Jun 2007
Its cool that hes stronger and has the power of a Guze, I can't wait to see what that amounts to in battle. I'm also 99.99% sure Komoe is Hecate. I think shes doing exactly what she planned to, drive a wedge between Shana & Yuji. I just wish Yoshida, who is more honest to herself about her feelings, would stop her because Shana is still too immature to admit it... again... maybe only when her life is in danger... Its nice to see Wilhemina and Chigusa are going into next episode. I know Yuji likes Shana & Yoshida as friends but wouldn't it suck if he had no romantic feelings for either. He doesn't really seem interested in either.

Oct 28, 2007 2:09 PM

May 2007
Yuji is as dense as diamond.
Man, i has air in his head instead of a brain.
I also don't like the hecate's ctrl+c ctrl+v
She is just too annoying with that complete lack of common sense...
(Shana lacks of common sense too, but in her case, its not as "hecate", she gets more moe xD)
Oct 28, 2007 3:39 PM

Aug 2006
The best episode so far imo.

I don't really like Konoe, she's like an infant.

Also, its alot easier for us, who see the situation from the outside, to understand Shana's feelings then it is for someone acutally involved. That is, just because its obvious to us doesn't mean it would be just as obvious to Yuji. Whether he is "thick" or not.

Furthermore, it isn't Yuji's responsibility to realize Shana's feelings. At this point and until she tells him how she feels, Shana is the cause of her own unhappiness.

Good stuff so far, but yeah I'm hoping for some action soon.
Oct 28, 2007 5:24 PM

Oct 2007
I agree with most of the comments here because I just finally got to watching the Shakugan no Shana (movie) after this episode and I have to say that Shakugan no Shana II is lacking some serious action.

But so far it's a really enjoyable series and can't wait for some serious jealousy issues next week. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2007 8:22 PM

Dec 2006
*bites Hecate-clone and Yuji*

YUUUUJIIIII You stupid *censor censor* ~~~

Erm, despite my hatred of the Hecate-clone increasing and getting mad at Yuji it was a nice episode... But I need more action. :/

Looking forward to the next episode...
Oct 29, 2007 11:32 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah I would usually like seeing some fighting action but these last few drama type episodes have been really fun to watch:P, haha and is Yuji dense or what? lol
Anyways I'm really looking forward to the next episode^^,
Oct 29, 2007 12:39 PM

Sep 2007
Excuse my French, but Yuji is such a dumb---. He reminds me of Keitaro from Love Hina. He can't even tell when 3 girls like him. -_-;

Anyway, nice episode, I wasn't expecting any action either. It's nice to see this kinda side-drama going on -- and it really makes you ask a lot of questions about what's going to happen next.

Oct 29, 2007 3:07 PM

Jun 2007
a little boring episode IMO, i cant see yuuji as a pimp in a harem/action..that would be lame -.-
well the pool scene was good imo, it had nothing to do with the real plot, but it was still good to watch, the funny part of this episode was the eating contest, i have never seen bowls of food so big in my entire life, besides, watching shana eat ice cream was win, she is cute when she was eating it. joshida being sad = two humbs up, thats all am gonna say about her.
we couldnt expect less from shana, could we?, she is obviously jealous, but thats her cute side i think.
and it seems taht yuji does have a little common sense to know where konoe was.
but yuji... baka!, how can you not know that shana is quite irritated over konoe.. she even told him that he should stay away from her... yuuji, you need more common sense, you are supposed to be the brain in the battle...
cant wait for wilheremina(sp?) asking for advice to yuji's mother... first shana, then wilheremina, she is getting quite popular with flame hazes xD
yuji: torch+infinite existence power+good reaction or whatever
i think that since he has the amount of power of existence of one of the kings of guze, something makes me think he is going to become a flame haze or something like that... just IMHO...

btw... what the heck happened to yuji's father? O.O
Oct 30, 2007 11:03 AM

Aug 2007
a bunch of cute scenes but too much drama. grr.
hope the next one's got a real fight showing yuji getting stronger..

i hope hecate-look-alike doesn't stay too long in the series.
hmm.. maybe she's hecate's long-lost twin or something..
(oh, she reminds me of yakumo in school rumble!)
Nov 1, 2007 5:49 AM

Jun 2007
This episode was pretty slow but it's expected. And Yuji is pretty clueless when it comes to relationships it seems. lol
Nov 3, 2007 1:17 AM

Aug 2007
lol. 5/5 b/c of Shana eating ice cream. ;D Like everybody else said, I'd like to see a little action, but all the drama and stuff is fine with me. ^^

Felli disapproves of this thread.
May 4, 2008 4:10 PM

Mar 2008
OH MY GOSH
THIS FUCKIN' SUXXX T_T

I MEAN .. this yoshida is so fuckin' annoying.. she sucks balls.. fuckin ugly nerd kiddie girl go to hell u fuckin dipshit T_T :D

yuji+shana !
Oct 11, 2008 11:21 PM

May 2008
gahhh!!! the emotional drama is so hard to bear, yet its necessary for a good series! noooo shaaannaaaa... she should've yelled it rly loud before she summoned alastor
Oct 28, 2008 2:52 AM

Mar 2008
why do i think Kanoe is a bird now? lol

Jun 20, 2009 9:10 PM

Dec 2008
yeah, jealousy. its nothing new either.

at least yoshida and shana are on better terms now.
i don't dislike yoshida as much anymore. feelings shifted towards konoe, she's getting in the way.
Jul 17, 2009 9:50 PM

Dec 2008
What was up with that konoe/yuji moment. That supersize heaven place was funny.
Aug 11, 2009 9:21 AM

Jul 2009
this episode confirmed what i suspected while watching the first season:

that male character in this series is the freaking WORST i have ever seen.

the beginning of first season was pretty interesting, and shana is indeed a nice character, but thats about it. Since episode 14 of 1st season, there are fillers everywhere you look, not to mention the extreme annoying male lead (myi only wish till the end of first season was to see him dead at least once then shana should go find a better guy)
Oct 8, 2009 8:09 AM

Apr 2009
Yugi is so oblivious.
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Dec 31, 2009 7:46 AM

Aug 2009
I think Yuji has chestnuts instead of a brain.
Jan 18, 2010 8:31 PM

Nov 2009
well SNS 1's first few episodes were slow too but they're still enjoyable for me. I guess konoe's gonna be around for good. Since they dont spend that much time on any of the characters if they arent gonna stick around for too long. Quite a few villians were introduced and slain in the same episode. so i guess konoe's gonna be around for good T_T but i was thinking maybe they're still under the effects of that dream weaver, an innocent person to get everyone's hearts attached to her. Like in scrapped princess if anyones seen that
Jan 22, 2010 11:11 PM

Dec 2009
Yuji reminds me of..Ayase Yuuto from Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu..if anyone's seen that.
Feb 6, 2010 7:19 AM

Jan 2009
Yuji, you dumbass womenizer ...

I didn't get the whole 'staring at each other in the park' thing... what, now you're in love with that annoying b*tch?!?!

Feb 14, 2010 2:04 PM
Sep 2009
Hecate/Konoe is kawaii! :D
Feb 16, 2010 11:07 AM

Dec 2007
I hate Konoe and all pathetic characters like her. I can't stand her just staring and grabbing onto Yuji's fucking shirt.
Mar 22, 2010 7:10 PM

Feb 2010
themongomania said:
I hate Konoe and all pathetic characters like her. I can't stand her just staring and grabbing onto Yuji's fucking shirt.

I definitely agree with you. She is pathetic. Hope she dies.
May 2, 2010 9:46 PM

Mar 2010
this episode was really annoying!!!
Yuji needs to make up his mind and stop being so damn dense ARGHHHH!!!!!!
rage to the max

Wolfxzer0 said:
themongomania said:

I definitely agree with you. She is pathetic. Hope she dies.

totally AGREE i dislike Yoshida also GAHH just leave Shana and Yuji alone together!!
Aug 20, 2010 10:38 PM

May 2010
No, fuck you SNS! Birds don't just fly out of trees and land on random dudes shoulders. It's ok with Komoe because she's special (*ahem* hecate *ahem*), but no, what fucking kind of bird land's on Yuji's shoulder? Symbolism be damned, that scene pissed me off!

Has anyone else noticed that the character development from season one has, like, rewinded? Yuji hasn't changed at all. I mean, it's so fucking obvious that Shana loves him from the end of season 1, yet he's like "why is she acting jealous?" whenever he leads on other girls. God damn it, I swear the writers just had no clue where to take the character development after season 1, so they're just like "I know, we'll just do the same damn thing over again and hope everyone forgets the character development that happened in season 1!"
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 9, 2010 5:17 PM

Feb 2010
oh look a mcdonald ramen shop
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2010 5:47 AM

Sep 2008
Of course I can't wait to see more action, but in the mean time I'm loving all of the drama. :D :D

It's nice that Yoshida is more open with herself and honest about her feelings, but I think Shana is far better at acting on her emotions and feelings, and just doing and saying what she truly wants to or truly thinks. XD

And Yuuji... I wish he wasn't so pointlessly dull and stupid. Probably even Ike can CLEARLY see that both Shana and Yoshida are jealous.
Dec 19, 2010 2:30 PM
Aug 2010
Since when did everyone at school start calling her Shana instead of Hirai?
(or did this happen in season one and I've just forgotten?)
Jan 9, 2011 5:02 AM

Sep 2010
D'awww, keep being cute and fucking everything up, Konoe; you're making things interesting.
Those two birds seemed pretty symbolic. It really stood out when one of them sat on Yuji's shoulder.
Sep 15, 2011 8:21 PM

Jan 2011
Could it be that Konoe doesn't have a lot of practice in being human? If she is related to the H character then it is entirely possible, (Although the character is nothing like Mother Hecate at all and is more like a version of Kore the Maiden).

Yuuji is pretty oblivious, but he also doesn't seem to have focused his desires at all. Even Eita is more aware of the emotional currents between himself and Oga-chan.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 17, 2011 6:50 PM

Jun 2010
"Yuji you have sharp senses"
*Konoe holds onto Yuji 99% of the time* "Hmm why is Shana acting cold to me?"

T.T
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

212 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.