Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God Chitoge , that was just gold LOL. She should try harder to remember things anyways. Kinda curious about the story like with that key.

Poor Onodera there though lol
Jan 25, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2007
Now whole school knows it, though cannot explain it because that man is looking at them always. I just realized, is that megane friend of his KajiKaji? It seems like he knows something the main guy didnn't know about her. The transferred girl is working hard to remember everyone's name. That's a cute side of her. No wonder he wants to help her. Then that third person listening.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 25, 2014 7:12 AM

Nov 2012
hoho nice.. shaft really has doing well with this one XD
now everyone know that they are "dating" lol.. I cant hold my laugh when they have arrived at the class XD everyone became so loud XD
yeah key has been spotted by ichijou :3 its gonna be interesting :3
and that moment when ichijou want to "talking" with onodera XDDDDD

ah yes.. chitoge.. she trying to remember everyone's name.. it is kind of cute :3 hehe.. and good guy ichijou come to help :3
oh someone spotted :p
Jan 25, 2014 8:11 AM
Nov 2013
HNNNNG

I really liked these parts of the manga, and I'm glad to see them being animated. Chitoge working hard to get along with people and remember names, that's cute.
Jan 25, 2014 9:31 AM
Jan 2013
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Jan 25, 2014 9:44 AM

Aug 2010
Cute episode.

I remember how annoying Claude was at the beginning -.-

Just love Raku's reactions and faces when he's making those monologues, they're hilarious XD

His talk with Kosaki was funny with how he was thinking that telling her that would be like confessing to her XD Kosaki's blushing after the key fell was cute. She doesn't need to deny that much though -.-

The part with Chitoge and the notebook was really cute. When she acts dere and blushing she's just so kawaii <3 And her eyes are so pretty :3

And Kosaki has found out about the couple act ^^
Jan 25, 2014 9:45 AM

May 2013
Chitoge is trying her best to talk to the girls at the school, even making a notebook to write down about each girl. Onodera overheard everything at the end there. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 25, 2014 9:45 AM

Feb 2013
i get scared on how fast time passes when im watching nisekoi
Jan 25, 2014 10:04 AM

Jan 2014
Chitoge is soo cute!
Her trying to remember the names is so cute, like everyone else said.
And when Chitoge came in the class saying Darling xD
Melon
Jan 25, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2013
Now the other students at school know about the relationship. What makes it worse is that they have to keep acting because of Claude lol.

Onodera saying all those good things about Raku was nice. The way she was acting when she dropped that key was so freaking cute.
Really liked when Raku was able to empathize with Chitoge about having trouble with friends due to their gangs. Similar situations.

Looks like Onodera overheard Raku and Chitoge talking about their relationship.
Jan 25, 2014 10:17 AM

Oct 2013
interesting, I couldn't stand mono-series presenting style, but this one quite alright.

I think bunny girl's feeling a bit for ichijou.
Jan 25, 2014 10:25 AM

Jun 2013
Beautiful episode that was beautifully animated.

Loving Shaft's style of animating these , got some Monogatari vibes here and there but that's cool.

I was pretty scared about the Ichijo's dream , I thought that they are going to use a seiyuu for the promised girl , but nope. They used black screen , pretty good. Onodera getting all worked up after she dropped her key was cute. Damn , she's a cutie klutzpie! Everyone wants friends. Glad Ichijo was there to empathize her. Onodera overheard about Ichijo and Chitoge's "performance". Can't wait for next episode.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 25, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2013
From the Red Corner, we have the Japanese Featherweight Champion - Ichijou Raku! *Stand Proud OST plays in the background*
Jan 25, 2014 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
well looks like the cat is out of the bag

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 25, 2014 10:47 AM

Nov 2008
The animation style just keeps reminding me of Monogatari.

Still it was a good episode and I hope that there is an anime only episode.
Jan 25, 2014 10:48 AM
Jul 2012
Why is Onodera so nosy!!!
Jan 25, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
LOL now everyone knows about Raku and Chitoge's relationship, but Claude still sees it as fake. How are they going to pull it off this fake challenge? Lets find in later episodes.

Now Onodera has her key dropped, and Raku have doubts about it. Well the ending scene where Chitoge have trouble adjusting her life because of her gang. Well Onodera just eavesdrop those two, wonder how she feels about this.

Like how Shaft uses those facial expressions and random comedic scenes to get a funny feel.

Jan 25, 2014 10:53 AM

Dec 2009
Well, so far this anime hasn't disappointed me. Shaft has done a good job.

That end card... somehow it reminds me a lot of Etrian Odyssey.
Jan 25, 2014 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
The most intersting part was when Raku realized he's being too self-centered
Jan 25, 2014 11:02 AM

May 2012
Why does the whole class cheer at them like they won an award even though they are just faking a relationship? >,>
Jan 25, 2014 11:15 AM
Jul 2013
Kinaro said:
Why does the whole class cheer at them like they won an award even though they are just faking a relationship? >,>

Because anime.

ClementIV said:
The animation style just keeps reminding me of Monogatari.

Still it was a good episode and I hope that there is an anime only episode.

Monogatari is animated by SHAFT, Nisekoi as well, it's just more colorful in this one and character's bodies aren't as realistic looking as in monogatari.

Still, love their style.
Jan 25, 2014 11:18 AM

Oct 2011
Aww, Chitoge doing her best with that notebook :>
Jan 25, 2014 11:18 AM

Sep 2008
Onodera is so cute!

Anime is titled "Nisekoi", Chitoge is female lead with blond hair,
popular and transferred student and Raku have feelings for Onodera,
so of course he will end up with Chitoge... -.-

Why again I started like other girl?!
Of course, because this is Shounen,
so of course second girl is better than main... -.-
Jan 25, 2014 11:19 AM

Dec 2011
Aw. A feels episode! Done well... although still not digging SHAFT style... I am glad they are animating more background people at least compared to what they usually do, just outlines of people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
Overall:
1. Great ost & episode start. I got sucked in.

2. Onodera's voice and her personality is a god send. Where does one find these type of women!?!?

3. Enjoyed this episode so much that it ended so fast

4. I wonder who ichijo will choose in the end. Very hard to tell when u have ichijo x kirisaki's fake love & ichijo x onodera's key & locket. Waiting another week for another ep sucks.

Ep3: 8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 25, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
I loved that note book scene

Jan 25, 2014 11:25 AM

Dec 2013
aww, Raku and Chitoge finally have something to bond together with....about planning out how to make friends...maybe I should of made a notebook...JK =).

I wonder if Onodera heard everything or just the last part, because does she know he's apart of the Yakuza?
Jan 25, 2014 11:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wonder why Chitoge cannot just get her father/family to get that Claude guy to back off? Is that explained in the source material? Or is it just taken at face value that he'll stalk them all day long?

Onodera is a very cute girl . Chitoge will have a lot of work to do to beat her out of Raku's heart.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2011
As expected for Shaft there was a few badly done face but still very enjoyable episode. Chitoge was so pretty^^
Jan 25, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
"I don't have friends,I don't know how to make friends"
This becomes so chiche,why they even bother presenting it like it's some of a rare thing...

This show deserves 10 just because of the OST,seriously.

"I still can't stand this Shaft style".
Drop it,you're not forced to watch it. Shaft is blessed,if you don't like it,go watch your generic rom-com with generic animation.
steponmebakuraJan 25, 2014 11:49 AM
Jan 25, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
I wish I could run faster than a bullet train*sighs*. This was a really nice episode.

Onodera's face at 10:52 was priceless. Then Raku's face right after looking like he had a revelation lol.

Some very nice Chitoge and Raku moments. And now the cats out of the bag, sorta.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 25, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2013
Man, I absolutely love Shaft's animation with this one. Looking so far like the best of the season. Kinda curious about Onodera's key, I think I'll read the manga when the season is over.
Jan 25, 2014 12:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
iAlice said:
"I don't have friends,I don't know how to make friends"
This becomes so chiche,why they even bother presenting it like it's some of a rare thing...

It's because Nisekoi is full of cliches, and I think most of them are done on purpose because in one of the arcs, the mangaka even said that he knows that he's using a cliche but he still wanted to do it anyways :P

Ahh that ending scene. They've become a little closer because the way they grew up was similar so they end up suffering through the same types of experience. Of course Raku couldn't have gotten to understand this without Shu. Shu is pretty perceptive despite seeming like a goofy guy most of the time.
Jan 25, 2014 12:20 PM

Dec 2012
With this episode I am once again on the fence between Team Chitoge and Team Onodera. Kirisaki was really cute during the notebook scene. And HanaKana was damn adorable trying to cover up the key. Glad to see the tsun tendencies of Chitoge to start to fade away. :)
Jan 25, 2014 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Decent ep, Shaft did really well with this. I'm getting the Monogatari atmosphere sometimes but that's okay.
3.5/5
Jan 25, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2012
Another great episode. Raku is getting closer and closer to finding out that Kosaki is the kid he met. I knew Chitoge can act cute if she wants to. Dat end card. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 25, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
iAlice said:
This show deserves 10 just because of the OST, seriously.

I concur! Its got this medieval flair to it, which I find catchy. I never actually read Romeo and Juliet, but the setting of Nisekoi seems like it could be Shakespearean with a twist.

Although I am shipping Onodera, even if the key doesn't fit.
Jan 25, 2014 12:51 PM

Apr 2012
I swear Oonodera just needs to buy a headband with the word ''Drama'' written on it and wear it everywhere so that people are aware of what they get themselves into by having her around..

Still like her though. At least the series is limited to a love triangle as far as I'm aware and it's a relief considering I was getting tired of Hexagons and the like.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Jan 25, 2014 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
I've watched so many romance anime's and the one thing that get's my all frustrated is when the character's take forever to say what they have in mind..

I haven't read the manga but I'm guessing Onodera won't actually tell Ichiijou, that the key is actually the key for the locket till the mid point of the anime or even further throughout the episodes..

It's not a bad anime, I think it's good but without having to read the manga, I can guess that Kirisaki will soon to like him or she'll probably already have some feelings for Ichijou (Hence love triangle)..
then in then end...Ichijou x Kirisaki. It's 'rare' to see childhood friends to be together then new characters but it does happen. But I'm getting the vibe that It will be Ichijou x Kirisaki.

This episode was alright. I liked the end scene tho :)
dubanimeshowsJan 25, 2014 12:57 PM
Jan 25, 2014 12:58 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode! As I expected this anime is the best of animes that are coming out now. This graphic is just beautiful, soundtrack is very good, too. I laughed really much while watching this episode. I can't wait for the next episode! :)
Jan 25, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
billybob300c said:
2. Onodera's voice and her personality is a god send
Jan 25, 2014 1:23 PM

Oct 2010
I still don't know why Onodera doesn't just speak up about her key. Meh, she doesn't speak up about a lot of things. I'm loving SHAFT's animation though, it's pretty much the only thing keeping this from being a very generic rom com.
Jan 25, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
Madara31 said:
I still don't know why Onodera doesn't just speak up about her key. Meh, she doesn't speak up about a lot of things. I'm loving SHAFT's animation though, it's pretty much the only thing keeping this from being a very generic rom com.

I don't either. Neither of them know if that's even the key to his lock, so why not just ask? She's far too shy. Sadly this makes me like her more than I should.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 25, 2014 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
It was pretty fun that rumor about Raku and Chitoge being a couple being spread over the school.

Onedera finally find out the couple act.
Jan 25, 2014 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
Chitoge the best.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 25, 2014 1:54 PM
Nov 2009
Hase0 said:
billybob300c said:
2. Onodera's voice and her personality is a god send

^this!

And I got hyped as f*ck when she dropped the key but it was all good coz the mc is a bit dense xD

And Chitoge why do you have to be so tsundere...

Good episode I need more of this shit.
Jan 25, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
At least Raku doesnt have to explain the situation to Kosaki anymore lol
My Candies:
Jan 25, 2014 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
Not liking the way the whole class is just cheering at them while they're "faking" a relationship.
Chitoge trying her best to remember other people's names and what they like..
And Raku's done the same thing in the past.
Onodera eavesdropping on their conversation.. about them putting on a "performance"
Eagerly awaiting the next episode.
Great job Shaft!
Jan 25, 2014 2:07 PM
Jan 25, 2014 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
That opening scene... are there two girls he knew in the past? Both Onodera and Kirisaki? Or even more?

And that ED picture? Why is Chitoge holding his lock?
I wonder what happens next time.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

494 by Shyne_KZ »»
Apr 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

484 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jan 1, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

237 by Term4738 »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2014

286 by nanajp »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

264 by nanajp »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.