Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 55 56 [57] 58 59 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2014 7:42 PM

Oct 2012
Most, unfortunately.

Jan 11, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
Dark_Divider said:
affirming_flame said:
Dark_Divider said:
affirming_flame said:
Dark_Divider said:
affirming_flame said:
SAO.

And SAO II was even worse!!!

It's not even started yet! 0_0

It was a joke. But the fact it hasn't started does not stop fanboys from giving it high scores each day so it maintains a score above 8.5.

Ahh, I see. My apologies. You do see some people who blurt out these statements seriously though, so I tend to take everything at face value.

And since it resets every day, it really doesn't matter. In the end, after it's aired and all, it's gonna get whatever it gets, from it's lovers, it's haters, and everything in-between (assuming there are any in-betweeners.) I assume it's score will end up ranging between 7.5 - 8.5.

All cool. I have been known to interpret jokes and sarcasm on MAL forums literally before. It's something we all fall for from time to time.

I do find it funny though that there are people dedicated enough to go back each day and give SAO II high ratings before it has aired. The number of people rating it is slowly declining though. They can't prevail against the omnipotent resetting abilities of MAL. The fanboys will be crushed!!

Yeah, I know. It's sad enough rating something before seeing it, but why do they rate when it amounts to nothing? Kinda pointless really. Mind you, this is coming from fan of the series, myself :/

Yeah I agree. I checked your profile and animelist and saw you were a fan of the series :P You seem like a level-headed SAO fan though, which is quite remarkable as I did not think they existed :P
Jan 11, 2014 8:02 PM

Sep 2012
I can't think of a popular anime I didn't end up liking. Does this make me a casual/hipster/poseur? :P

Well, except for Digimon Tamers. But I don't hate it (a very eh-tier 5/10).
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Jan 11, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
jesselove97 said:
I don't hate it but except the really good drawings but I think it is overrated. I think the plot of Fate Stay Night is much better
You are talking about the visual novel, right?...
No he means the anime.

SaberxShirou "plot" wins again...
Jan 11, 2014 11:11 PM

Sep 2013
Clannad After Story.
Jan 11, 2014 11:53 PM

Aug 2009
Death note sucked.
Jan 12, 2014 12:15 AM

Sep 2013
Dragon Ball GT and Sonic X which isn't as popular but still I hate with a passion even as a big Sonic fan.
FullmetalHaganeJan 12, 2014 12:21 AM
Jan 12, 2014 12:17 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
FullmetalHagane said:
Dragon Ball GT and Sonic X.

sonic x is popular o.o?
Jan 12, 2014 12:19 AM

Jun 2011
AntwanJ said:
One Piece (Yeah I said it)

Uhm, and? What were you expecting? Some attention? o.o Here I am giving you some out of pity, take it. o.O
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 12, 2014 12:21 AM

Dec 2013
Wait, isn't this turning into a listing thread?

"After I finish fucking you. I am going to kill you."

Jan 12, 2014 12:23 AM

Sep 2013
Zelot said:
FullmetalHagane said:
Dragon Ball GT and Sonic X.

sonic x is popular o.o?
Well it's not that popular but it getting positive praise though.
Jan 12, 2014 1:19 AM

Sep 2010
FLCL for me. Just that.
Jan 12, 2014 4:14 AM

Feb 2013
jesselove97 said:
I don't hate it but except the really good drawings but I think it is overrated. I think the plot of Fate Stay Night is much better

i really do'nt see how that can be,but even if that's the case the characters and the sol aspects really undermine the plot for me
Jan 12, 2014 4:24 AM

Dec 2013
vongola-undecimo said:
jesselove97 said:

i really do'nt see how that can be,but even if that's the case the characters and the sol aspects really undermine the plot for me

PEOPLE DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED!

"After I finish fucking you. I am going to kill you."

Jan 12, 2014 4:35 AM
Dec 2013
School Days

T_T
Jan 12, 2014 5:38 AM
Dec 2013
Zelot said:

sonic x is popular o.o?

Sonic X is considered as an anime? Lol what

dakotasapphire said:
Death note sucked.

almost believed you for a second 10/10
Jan 12, 2014 5:39 AM
Nov 2013
One effin Piece.
Jan 12, 2014 6:01 AM

Dec 2011
KHR.
Jan 12, 2014 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
Fiskhandlaren said:
To aru majutsu no index / railgun

I don't remember what the anime your avatar is, but that is it. The show is really a tragic horror disguised as a comedy. I just can't like it. Maybe it is because the MC is so outrageously pathetic.
Jan 12, 2014 6:18 AM

Feb 2012
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Fiskhandlaren said:
To aru majutsu no index / railgun

I don't remember what the anime your avatar is, but that is it. The show is really a tragic horror disguised as a comedy. I just can't like it. Maybe it is because the MC is so outrageously pathetic.

that anime is Watamote~ and it's people like you that don't appreciate it that that anime can't be considered popular (er think I worded that joke incorrectly)
Jan 12, 2014 6:42 AM

Sep 2012
For me...

Durarara!!
Naruto
Fairy Tail
Bleach
Attack On Titan
WantedZaiJan 12, 2014 6:45 AM
Jan 12, 2014 7:00 AM

Jul 2013
The big 3.
Jan 12, 2014 7:25 AM
Dec 2013
ThisNameSucks said:
The big 3.

I always wondered why Dragonball isnt considered as a part of the "big 3" shounen anime...its way more popular over the world than Bleach,One Piece or Naruto and it actually has influenced some of these anime...so why? Because its from the 80's?
Jan 12, 2014 7:34 AM

Oct 2013
_amadeos_ said:
School Days

T_T

What, is that popular???
Jan 12, 2014 7:36 AM

Jan 2014
Yagami22 said:
ThisNameSucks said:
The big 3.

I always wondered why Dragonball isnt considered as a part of the "big 3" shounen anime...its way more popular over the world than Bleach,One Piece or Naruto and it actually has influenced some of these anime...so why? Because its from the 80's?

Dragon ball z is a classic, its been over for years ....so i guess that's why.
One piece is overrated as hell, its way too long for me. 600 EPISODES geez i still need to go to school and stuff xD.
I havent watched Bleach, so i cant say anything on that...
I really don't see the hate for naruto.
Yeah sure, its overrated but its not bad.( Go to imdb and see what i mean by overrated, they literally worship naruto and think its the best show ever most of the reviewers are anime noobs lol)
Narutos problems are weak and dragged out fights, too many flashbacks and fillers, sometimes slow pace and effin suckara whoreano. Please just kill sakura off. Please.
My top anime quotes
1. I AM JUSTICE!- l/light (Death Note)
2. IT'S OVER 9000!!!!- Vegeta (dbz)
3. Almighty Push!/ Shinra Tensei!- Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
4. We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen- Rukia (Bleach)
5. I'll take a potato chip.....AND EAT IT!!!!!- Light (Death Note)
6. Art is an explosion - Deidara (Naruto)
7. Shut the fuck up Kakazu - Hidan (Naruto)
8. Bulma, you've lost your balls- Goku (dragonball)
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Jan 12, 2014 7:49 AM
Dec 2013
DarkDawn said:

One piece is overrated as hell, its way too long for me. 600 EPISODES geez i still need to go to school and stuff xD.
I havent watched Bleach, so i cant say anything on that...
I really don't see the hate for naruto.
Yeah sure, its overrated but its not bad.( Go to imdb and see what i mean by overrated, they literally worship naruto and think its the best show ever most of the reviewers are anime noobs lol)
Narutos problems are weak and dragged out fights, too many flashbacks and fillers, sometimes slow pace and effin suckara whoreano. Please just kill sakura off. Please.

Wow,it looks like we're sharing the same opinion.
Shounen is my favorite genre,but except for Dragonball/Dragonball Z and somehow Naruto Im not a fan of many shounen anime.

I got tired of watching One Piece long time ago,because of all these gazillion episodes and dragged out fights (yes,the fights in DBZ were dragged out as well,but hey,atleast the anime had an ending ^^) and the Strawhat crew became quite annoying over the time (Luffys "Im gonna be the pirate king" is probably the most annoying anime line ever).And no matter how much they are getting hurt in a fight,they always survive,which makes it look like an anime for 5 year olds.
I gave it a 6 in my ranking because I enjoyed watching it as a child...whatever

Bleach was a so so anime,I stopped watching it after the first 64 episodes because it became quite uninteresting after the first arc and the fact that no one dies in a fight freaked me out (thats so...unrealistic).

Fairy Tail was just horrible...no.just no.

Ive seen Naruto last year,and yeah,I dont get why people hate on that anime that much,it was quite enjoyable.There are a lot of fillers but you can skip them (thank you Wikipedia).

Im thinking about to start watching Hunter X Hunter,because a heard that its a pretty good shounen,but I dont have enough free time to start watching another 100+ episodes anime...
Jan 12, 2014 7:54 AM

May 2013
Yagami22 said:
ThisNameSucks said:
The big 3.

The whole reason they were called the big 3 was because they were the 3 most popular airing long running shonen at the time. Dragon Ball wasn't airing then.
Jan 12, 2014 7:56 AM

Sep 2013
gintama
i stopped after the secand episode
ITS JUST BAD
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Jan 12, 2014 7:58 AM

Nov 2012
bomboy2121 said:
gintama
ITS JUST BAD
Lol first 2 eps are the worst of the whole series. It's a bad introduction indeed. Better pick it up again if i where you. Around episode 25 you don't want something else anymore.
Jan 12, 2014 7:58 AM

Aug 2009
bomboy2121 said:
gintama
ITS JUST BAD

Meanwhile we are laughing with most of your favs.And by most I mean all except FMAB.
Jan 12, 2014 8:04 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
bomboy2121 said:
gintama
ITS JUST BAD

Meanwhile we are laughing with most of your favs.And by most I mean all except FMAB.

^I don't think its a very good approach.Almost every Gintama fan says first two eps are worst and if someone dropped it in start then its somehow understandable.
Jan 12, 2014 8:07 AM

Apr 2012
Gintama. Its just not funny. I stopped after about the 12th episode.
Jan 12, 2014 8:07 AM
Dec 2011
One piece, Fairy tale, Bleach, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter and every single meccha anime ever made.

Almost dropped Gintama after the first couple episodes but when I saw the toilet (sandpaper thingy) scene on youtube, I just knew I had to continue watching.
Jan 12, 2014 8:08 AM

Aug 2009
Inferno_Cop said:
ssjokg said:
bomboy2121 said:
gintama
ITS JUST BAD

^I don't think its a very good approach.Almost every Gintama fan says first two eps are worst and if someone dropped it in start then its somehow understandable.

Judging a series with 250+ eps based on two or so eps is not good.
It doesnt matter if even I agree with the first eps being boring/not good.

And this goes for all anime.
Jan 12, 2014 8:10 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Inferno_Cop said:
ssjokg said:
bomboy2121 said:
gintama
ITS JUST BAD

Judging a series with 250+ eps based on two or so eps are not good.

Too bad we arent judges but here to enjoey watching anime. So if you dont enjoy the first 2 episodes, which is already 40 min of your life wasted, I think its ok to just move on. I watched 12 episodes which is 6-7 hours of my life wasted and I still didnt like it.
Jan 12, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
Clannad, Clannad After Story
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Jan 12, 2014 8:22 AM

Aug 2009
baki502 said:
ssjokg said:
Inferno_Cop said:
ssjokg said:
bomboy2121 said:
gintama
ITS JUST BAD

Too bad we arent judges but here to enjoey watching anime. So if you dont enjoy the first 2 episodes, which is already 40 min of your life wasted, I think its ok to just move on. I watched 12 episodes which is 6-7 hours of my life wasted and I still didnt like it.

Calling a series bad or even saying that it isnt funny means that you are judging it or criticizing it if you want.
Not liking one series and saying that it is bad,based on 5% or so of the series are two different things.
Jan 12, 2014 8:25 AM

Jun 2012
Might as well get in here before this thread is taken down

End of Evangelion
Madoka Magica, because it's only good for a watch or two
Clannad After Story, because without the "feels" it's nothing special
Jan 12, 2014 8:28 AM

Aug 2009
Kaimon237 said:

Does that even count?
I mean you LIKED at least the first time you watched it.
Jan 12, 2014 8:28 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
baki502 said:
ssjokg said:
Inferno_Cop said:
ssjokg said:
bomboy2121 said:
gintama
ITS JUST BAD

Calling a series bad or even saying that it isnt funny means that you are judging it or criticizing it if you want.
Not liking one series and saying that it is bad,based on 5% or so of the series are two different things.

I said that we arent judges, not that we dont judge a series. We judge everything in our lives, its just that out criteries for judging a series are different. For us the consumer there is only one criteria. Can it entertain us or otherwise make it our money and/or time worth spent? If it cant its bad for that one person simple as that, even if it is some noble prize winning thing.

And if you read the Thread title it says "What anime do YOU dislike?", not what anime does the general audience find critically bad.
Jan 12, 2014 8:35 AM

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
Kaimon237 said:

Does that even count?

Once you realize it completely relies on shock factor and plot twists it gets kinda dull
Jan 12, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2012
Kaimon237 said:
ssjokg said:
Kaimon237 said:

Does that even count?

Once you realize it completely relies on shock factor and plot twists it gets kinda dull

Madoka does not rely on plot twists. I also think that unpredictability and shock factor are severely overrated in general, but Madoka still has an exceptionally good plot and strong thematic depth.
Jan 12, 2014 9:00 AM

Dec 2012
bomboy2121 said:
gintama
ITS JUST BAD

Don't worry you are not missing much. Wise Choice.
Jan 12, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2011
daedroth4 said:
Kaimon237 said:
ssjokg said:
Kaimon237 said:

Does that even count?

Madoka does not rely on plot twists. I also think that unpredictability and shock factor are severely overrated in general, but Madoka still has an exceptionally good plot and strong thematic depth.
episode 3 is really the only shock value bit, and honestly because of the foreshadowing and build up to it i think it deserves to be exscused for doing it just for the shock value as it did work

Inferno_Cop said:
ssjokg said:
bomboy2121 said:
gintama
ITS JUST BAD

the first 2 episodes dont need to exist which the worst part, you can skip them entirely since its a false start to the series, only problem is the first 2 episodes are far from the only problem gintama's start suffers from, but theres no doubt episode 1 and 2 are the worst episodes in the entire series, that and episode 19 im not mistaken where they go to the beach, basically gintama's start is horrible, the timing in the delivery is well past the punchline for most jokes, you can see so many of them coming from a mile away, the characters are very vague archtypes that lack any form of a personality, and its just so damn boring.

its understandable to drop gintama at its start, i hate that start so much even now, but you can judge the entire series from just that especially when a large majority of fans admit how bad the start is. you cna only judge those 2 episodes
JizzyHitlerJan 12, 2014 9:13 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 2014 9:15 AM

Dec 2012
daedroth4 said:

Harmless question. Do you ever post about something that isn't relevant to Madoka/Fate Zero/Gen Urbouchi ?
Jan 12, 2014 9:16 AM

Apr 2013
AB & Anohana, they are way too funny
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jan 12, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:
daedroth4 said:

Harmless question. Do you ever post about something that isn't relevant to Madoka/Fate Zero/Gen Urbouchi ?
Why does it matter?
Jan 12, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
daedroth4 said:

Never.
Jan 12, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2013
ssjokg said:
a series with 250+ eps based on two or so eps is not good.

So that means that you would also not judge Doraemon, Detective Conan, Sazae-san, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Ranma 1/2, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc without having seen at least half for example?
Jan 12, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2010
Dark_Divider said:
ssjokg said:
a series with 250+ eps based on two or so eps is not good.

So that means that you would also not judge Doraemon, Detective Conan, Sazae-san, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Ranma 1/2, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc without having seen at least half for example?
He never said half, he just said not two episodes. Especially story focused ones.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 55 56 [57] 58 59 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - Jun 2

49 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» Is Fall 2024 Shoujo/Josei season?! 😲

Dauphine - 3 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you look down on people who watch dubbed anime?

Iron_Leopard - 8 hours ago

41 by Piromysl »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » AI is now capable to create animation

DrkSeid69 - 2 hours ago

8 by Serafos »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Best girl from Ecchi anime

Catalano - Yesterday

11 by MasterTasuke »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.