Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 23, 2008 7:54 AM
Apr 2008
9/10 -> 8/10
The ending imo was ''wth'' for me
''do you love me?'' <<
other than that it was ok
it could had been better.
Jun 23, 2008 10:37 AM
Jun 2008
I guess I can tolerate the ending. I mean, for one, I'm just glad that both the brother and Lin got their asses handed to them by Shinkuro and Yayoi. That's all I was really waiting for by this time. There was really nothing more to expect and I kind of saw it coming that little Murasaki wasn't going to leave with Shinkuro. That would've just been too much of a happy ending for a show like this. Overall, good series. Was the musical even necessary? If it wasn't for that, perhaps this series could've had better pacing? Anyway, 7/10.
Jun 23, 2008 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
I think the musical episode, and some cute little-girl-discovers-outside-world moments were the only thing keeping me from giving it a score of 3. At least the musical was inspired lunacy, it just belonged in another anime entirely unfortunately.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 23, 2008 1:39 PM

Nov 2006
Agh...this show was a trainwreck.

So many things that should have been left out, and so many things that should have been touched on more. Mainly the musical episode. What a GIGANTIC WASTE OF TIME. They could have used that time and budget to flesh out the characters more rather than make fools out of everyone. With that extra 20 minutes, the ending might not have felt as rushed to me. The transition from 'carefree' to 'serious' was a little too abrupt for me.

The main thing I felt was lacking was development around Lin. Why was she so insane? What was her deal with Benika and Yayoi? I really would have liked to know.

Another gigantic problem was the obvious lack of budget. Did none of you notice the horribly drawn art and horrific animation? How does this deserve a 10 with that embarrassment? Nobody looked the same a frame later.

This should have been animated by a group that could have made it longer, had the budget to back it up, and know what should be included and what should have been left out. It could have been amazing, but this certainly wasn't anywhere near it.

Currently it's at a 5/10 but I may lower it at some point.
Jun 23, 2008 1:44 PM
Mar 2008
Good ending, at least it didn't leave me all ugh eh arghed. Murasaki is such a heart warming character. Wished there was more Shinkouru, Benika, Yayoi action. Some potential awesome characters seemed rushed and thrown away, but they did a really good job in such a short time. Loved the very different story. Overall it was good. 9/10
WTFwasThatJun 23, 2008 1:55 PM
Jun 23, 2008 2:44 PM

Mar 2008
Loved it, exceeded my expectations.

9/10 series.
Jun 23, 2008 3:18 PM

May 2007
Solid 8/10.

Good final episode. Though I had a bit of trouble believing that the father - and for that matter, the rest of the family - would easily bend to Murasaki's will of being a free woman in their household. I mean, of course they are going to have some ill will - at least both the brother and mother. C'mon...
VK11Jun 23, 2008 4:58 PM
Jun 23, 2008 3:24 PM
Apr 2008
episode was a 10/10 for me, overall series, 9/10.

Really enjoyed it, best drama type anime so far for me. Not quite knocking my favourite Itazura na Kiss off the top spot for overall best, but a very close 2nd.

Really sad to see it's finished, hoping for at least an OVA or two. they finished with jya ne... on the ending still, so who knows?!

Anybody know what the announcement said at the end regarding July 3rd?
Jun 23, 2008 3:25 PM

Nov 2007
9/10. I enjoyed this series more than many others this season. I like the way it ended but they should have had at least a few minutes to let us see what happened next. Or even 10 seconds could suffice. I at least hope for an OVA or two to wrap it up. I don't think there should be a second season based on what I saw in the anime (haven't read the novels or w/e it was) because I imagine it would be mostly fillers. Great watch but I want more ^_^

<I agree with the person above me> ^-^
Jun 23, 2008 3:53 PM

Apr 2008
A good ending but I was hoping that Murasaki would go back with Shinkurou; but that would have probably been less interesting. XD The ending was a bit unbelieveable though, because to be honest I don't think someone as young as Murasaki could think that way, but becuase its just an anime that doesn't really matter.

I really wished that Shinkurou used his arm blade more in the anime, but we only really get to see it in a few episodes; I wanted to see Shinkurou protect Murasaki using it...

I'm giving this series 7/10

This series was actually better than I expected it would be, I was going to drop it after the first few episodes because it wasn't that interesting, but then the story developed and it caught my attention. If the ending and the beginning of the series were better, this probably would have got a higher score.

Jun 23, 2008 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
hounddog said:
I'm pretty disappointed in the ending to this series. The beginning was amazing - great characters, great pacing, a real sense of Something looming. I couldn't get enough. Best anime of the season, I thought.

But after the Big Reveal, this show went right downhill. The good dialogue and characterization just stopped. Nobody seemed concerned about what was going on in the Inner Sanctuary, just that Murasaki wouldn't be having fun. People were injured badly and then suddenly magically healed. The Kuhouin fighters "who would certainly kill everyone" were bested in about two seconds. Worst of all, it fell into that horrible anime pitfall of spewing out crap and trying to pass it off as deep and meaningful.

"I'm seven years old and I'm going to change my crazy family from the inside!"
"I'm an old man who's been trapping women in my estate for years because that's what tradition dictated, but now that someone has mentioned the name of a woman I once kind of loved (a woman I was probably related to, who was fulfilling her familial role by being forced to have sex with me) I've decided to completely change my outlook on everything!"
"I'm a high school kid who doesn't know crap about crap, but as long as I think Murasaki will have fun, I'm OK with whatever!"

Give me a frigging break.

6/10 overall.

Good points; wasn't quite the ending it could have been... i'll give it a 7/10
Jun 23, 2008 5:02 PM

Oct 2007
Finally got to see Shinkurou bust out the arm blade, that made me happy. It was a satisfying ending I guess.

8/10 overall. It had its good points, but certainly its flaws as well.

Jun 23, 2008 8:06 PM

May 2008
A good series and a good end.
Jun 23, 2008 8:30 PM

Feb 2008
even tho i didn't really like the ending all that much, (but the fights were awesome) just the overall series as a whole, from the first ep, to the chorus episode, i really enjoyed myself. 10/10 for me. great series
Jun 24, 2008 7:29 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, it's hard to believe how so many ppl could rate this so bad, just because the last few episodes went a little bit downhill.

I was rather content in the ending. You wouldn't really want to end it in a love relationship with a 7 year old girl? o___O
This ending was the most fitting.

I was ready to give a 10 up until episode 8. But well, as I said before, it went a bit downhill from that point on.

But to summ it up, we had an anime with:
- refreshing art style (though art and animation were way off sometimes, but that is funny in itself)
- awesome humor and many many fun scenes
- great characters (I liked them all !)
- some of the best dialogues ever !
- nice fighting animations, though I have seen better and it was off s.t.
- it had a rather mature touch (also with the humor), it was refreshing and great

I really enjoyed this very much, but only up until the point of giving 9.3/10.

Therefore I will give 9/10.
Jun 24, 2008 7:39 AM

Jan 2008
All I know is this thread has told me who to steer clear from. You're all in my little black book. That's right.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 24, 2008 7:57 AM

Mar 2008
Cihan said:
All I know is this thread has told me who to steer clear from. You're all in my little black book. That's right.

I think you shouldn't write off people, just because they had a different opinion on one single, rather unimportant topic in the big stream of life.
Jun 24, 2008 8:16 AM

Jan 2008
Forever said:
I think you shouldn't write off people, just because they had a different opinion on one single, rather unimportant topic in the big stream of life.

Oh you're definitely going in, I'm underlining and circling your name in red.
Jun 24, 2008 4:08 PM

Jan 2007
Cihan said:

Wait...isn't the point of a little black book to collect phone numbers of people you're dating? O.o What kind of racket are you running?!
Jun 24, 2008 4:16 PM

Jan 2008
hounddog said:
Wait...isn't the point of a little black book to collect phone numbers of people you're dating? O.o What kind of racket are you running?!

That's my little red book.

I've already said too much.
Jun 24, 2008 4:23 PM

May 2007
TL:DR (above posts).

As probably most of you guys said, it really had some silly flaws for an anime with so high expectations...

Though those fighting were the most awesome and well made that i ever saw. (Since Futakoi Alternative)

And the story isn't so messed up, since its pretty much possible and household with so fuc*ed up customs.

Meh, btw, i'm not a guy to drop the score just because of 2 or 3 lousy episodes, therefore i gave it a 8....
Jun 24, 2008 4:52 PM

Jan 2008
Ryushi said:
Though those fighting were the most awesome and well made that i ever saw. (Since Futakoi Alternative)

Please watch Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door for the best animated depiction of hand-to-hand combat. Evaaar.
Jun 24, 2008 7:40 PM

Aug 2007
dumbasatri said:
well, definitely not the ending i was expecting, but it was good nevertheless. Benika is an awesome driver, and Shinkurou finally whipped it out and shows them what hes REALLY made of :). great show, was worth watching

Hell yeah, you whip it out. ;D

Sorry, couldn't help myself there friend.

Great show indeed. One of the better ones this season. Glad I decided to watch it when it started airing. The ending wasn't what I was expecting, but it was good nonetheless. Sure there were some flaws and it was a bit "unrealistic" at times, but hell, its anime.

Overall it got a 9/10 from me. I want more, but it just seems to me that it would ruin the feeling that I've been left with (even if it lacked a little closure).

And @ Cyruz, seriously, why couldn't Benika just let Shinkurou run the brother through with his horn? :D

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jun 24, 2008 10:22 PM

Jan 2008
9/10

Came into this episode not quite sure what to expect, but I'm satisfied with the ending.

"Do you know why I'm in a bad mood?"
"Because it's forbidden to park in the Inner Sanctuary?"

That amused me greatly. I really enjoyed the series, though that whole ending plot came on rather quick and outta no where... and Muraskai's lil speech there is rather unrealistic, but it was still a refreshing series.

I'm sad to see the end of it/
Jun 25, 2008 7:58 AM

Dec 2007
vault-dweller said:
So the episode where the underworld kingpin lady sends her 17 year old high school enforcer out to deal with a mafia group and he deflects bullets with a giant bone he had inplanted that comes out from his arm

He was send just because he is not an ordinary 17 year old high school boy.
As for his bone implant: *shrug*. Have you ever heard about story setup? For drama to be realistic doesn't mean it must happen in our, real world. You can make hard SF movie and it still can be realistic, what matters is human behaviour, their interaction between them and world the action is taking place, and overall world consistency.
Jun 25, 2008 4:52 PM

Dec 2007
Great series, I have to say ..
This last episode was very good too, I din't expected this ending but it was well done, though.

Trineas said:
"Do you know why I'm in a bad mood?"
"Because it's forbidden to park in the Inner Sanctuary?"

Haha, I liked that too ;)

Shinkurou and Murasaki were great ! (Actually, Benika and Yayoi too ^^)

9/10 for me !
Jun 27, 2008 8:41 PM

Oct 2007
I thought it was a great ending. Reflecting on the series, I sort of wish there was more time for character development for Yamie. You never do find out much about her.
Jun 28, 2008 10:30 AM

Jan 2008
The ending of this sent shivers down me. It was such a touching ending, and I'm really content with how it finished.

For me this is one of the best series of the season.

9/10
Jun 28, 2008 7:17 PM

Jun 2007
Ah... Coulden't have asked for a better ending :3
Nice anime, one of the good ones this season. I shall miss it
8/10

Jun 28, 2008 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
I really loved the beginning of Kure-nai. Now that I've seen all of it, I'm waffling. These last few episodes haven't upheld the great beginning (least of all in the art/animation department), but ... the beginning was still fantastic, and I still think that Murasaki is one of the most realistic children I've seen in an anime (or at the least, she had some great moments at the beginning -- but of course, most anime don't feature 7 year olds).

I agree with a good number of the criticisms others have given here, but I would still give Kure-nai as a whole a middle to high score because of the good early episodes.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Jun 30, 2008 11:16 PM

Apr 2007
The last few episodes ruined Kure-nai for me.

This show could have easily got a solid 9/10 from me, but it completely stuffs up in the end with bad animation, corny situations, unrealistic events and just shoddy action. The ending wasn't the best either, darn it.

Due to the last few episodes, the score has been lowered to a 8/10, although the only thing that is preventing me from giving it a 7 is the amazing dialogue we have seen throughout the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2008 9:15 AM

Jan 2008
The episodes leading to the the finale weren't that good, but overall I think the last episode pulled it off. It was an enjoyable series and I'm relatively contempt with the ending. Of course, it isn't what I expected, but I'd rather be surprised and it was still a good resolution to the story. Overall I give the series a 9/10
Jul 1, 2008 10:02 AM

Mar 2008
I would not have thought that Murasaki bleaches and not with Shinkurou mitgeht,

It is the beginning of a clever girl, she has Shinkurou on the true life learned a lot!

I hope they continue to fight for love!
Jul 4, 2008 2:51 PM

Jun 2007
ugh so disappointing.... was hoping for more in dialogue then just stating obvious and like explaining stuff like murasaki's dad just goes we do cause we do, omg who cares about society. it's like come on explain, something new....

and it went on shonen on me with ne secret super technique and beat the bad guy, it's like why didn't you do that in the first place, yayoi reovery is unrealsitic and i don't know. so much potential///

今はどんでん返しの時代ではない★너와 함께 했던 일상은
어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆
Jul 5, 2008 10:03 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Kayro said:
Definitely one of the best animes of this season.
cyruz said:
Greatest loli so far though.
Trineas said:
Overall the first half was better then the last half, If you ask me.

The last episode was really dissatisfying, but this ep made up for it. It would have gotten a 9/10 for me without that episode, I think, but I have to give it 8/10. That, and the art was inconsistent throughout the series :|

Enjoyed it though. Some of the best verbal arguments I've seen -- remember the three way argument in the first half? Pure win.

The short run will probably ensure I will watch it again. But I think episode 11, and maybe even 10, won't be viewed again :S To me they could have been condensed into one.
Jul 9, 2008 12:45 AM
Aug 2007
The ending totally went off what I was expecting, but it was awesome nonetheless. Despite all the technical issues and plot holes, I really liked the characters and their development.

Giving this one a 9/10.
Aug 21, 2008 1:02 AM

Feb 2008
windy said:

The main thing I felt was lacking was development around Lin. Why was she so insane? What was her deal with Benika and Yayoi? I really would have liked to know.

Another gigantic problem was the obvious lack of budget. Did none of you notice the horribly drawn art and horrific animation? How does this deserve a 10 with that embarrassment? Nobody looked the same a frame later.

I thought that Lin was a pretty simple character. She was just the type of person to think, 'I want to fight somebody strong.' She knew that Benika was a strong person, so she wanted to fight her. I also think that it was Yayoi who wanted to fight Lin, rather than the other way around, because she was defeated by Lin so easily at Samibare. Other than that, Lin is just a servant of the Kuhouins.

It's obvious that most people were expecting Murasaki and Shinkurou would be together in the end, or that Murasaki would at least leave the Kuhouins. I was expecting that too, but I think that this ending was appropriate. Murasaki said that she didn't want to become like her mother who lost her will to live and ran away from her problems in death. Murasaki wanted to face her problems head-on, and become strong. On that note, I don't think that anyone was expecting Murasaki to really change the Kuhouins.

Murasaki's Father: "Murasaki. You will fight me from now on, right?"

Murasaki: "Yes."

Murasaki's Father: "Then fight. Shinkurou. Come here when Murasaki loses. I will face you then. Of course, I don't know if she'll be worth saving or not after she loses."

On the matter of animation quality, I noticed it, too. Especially when they were singing during the musical episode. As funny as that episode was, it made it a little difficult to watch.

All-in-all, despite some of its flaws, I still really enjoyed this anime.

Sep 12, 2008 8:10 PM

Mar 2008
Well it was good but good in a different way than other shows so it makes it harder to tell that its good, if that makes sense lol
Sep 20, 2008 8:49 AM

Jun 2008
9/10 for me ;]

I mean overall. For great humour, fighting scenes... and Yayoi! Ok, for "parking in the Inner Sanctuary" too :PP

And this ending is obviously much better than usual 'happily-ever-after' thing...

Still hope for some OVA... like '10 years later' or something...
Sep 24, 2008 3:06 AM
Jul 2008
Sutiivu said:
Sad to see Kure-Nai go. Good episode, and probably the best possible ending. All I can say is finally he whips out the arm blade. Took you long enough, pal.

Best of season in my opinion. As for sequel, don't count on it.

Now to watch the entire series marathon style.

exactly what i was thinking... i was thinking it would be more of a battle-drama like others, guess it made me a little how to say? shakey 'fu-anderu' as they say in jap is the best i can get at it... very differnt from almost nething iv seen b4, yet still familliar.. cant tell if i love or hate it....

its like, i want a second season, but then again i dont.... depends how much 'bladeage' there is :P

PS i know this may seem obvious, but like it seems to me a couple of police batallions coulda stormed that place in 10 minutes flat -.-' theyre only a phone-call away guys... ya'v got more n enough evidence to lock em up for years with or without victim/witness statements...
Oct 11, 2008 6:29 PM

Sep 2008
good serie..
Nov 8, 2008 7:27 PM

Sep 2008
It was an amazing ending, exactly what I didn't want to happen. That's probably why it was so beautiful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2008 4:14 PM

Feb 2008
This and the episode before this were... meh. There seemed to be a lot of problems with the pacing. It honestly felt like the writers were just tossing in whatever they could think of just to get an ending done, and it came off as feeling kind of empty.

Oh, and I was laughing when Shinkurou suddenly went flying across the room with his horn at Ryuuji while looking like some sort of possessed doll. The animation for that scene was horrible. xD

I was originally going to give it an 8, but the last few episodes bump it down to a 7. Overall, I still enjoyed it.
ohai
Jan 7, 2009 6:54 AM
Oct 2008
So in the end, the most mature character was the 7 years old :)
Mar 9, 2009 6:32 AM

Dec 2008
hmm, its definitely one of those shows where you want to know more about what happens after the actual ending. surely not as a second season maybe an/some OVA would be enough(for me)... iam just curious.

actually this show had a really good story but overall they could have made more use of the time they had. the character development could have been better aswell as more background infos!
this story could have easily filled a 24+/- episode anime series!
the art was ok, the animation could have been better but it wasnt that horrible(ok the horn-show at the end wasnt that great animated...)
but still i think this was a great show, definitely no waste of time!!!

... iam really god damn curious about their futures!
(and the answer of murasakis question that she couldnt ask shinkurou >_>)

does the novel/manga(whatever) goes beyond the ending and is telling more about their futues??
Apr 12, 2009 7:40 AM

Dec 2007
I was happy when Shinkurou finally pulled out his badass horn... and on Ryuuji, too. >_> The animation did ruin it a little, though. I agree with the last few episodes not being up to par as well, but the ending worked nicely. Overall... a solid series in the end, despite the various flaws it carries. 8/10 from me.
Apr 12, 2009 7:40 PM

Oct 2008
It wasn't perfect, but it was satisfying. There were some deeper themes and nice dialogue in there, and this episode pulled it together pretty well, although not as well as possible. 8/10 for me.
Apr 18, 2009 2:09 AM

Jun 2008
That was the most beautiful ending i've seen in a long time. Definitely not what i was expecting, but i like the fact that Murasaki did not leave with Shinkurou -- that would've been too predictable. I cried during the end (Murasaki talking to her dad and onward), though i wasn't sad. Loved it entirely. 10/10.
May 24, 2009 11:56 AM
Jun 2008
dumbasatri said:
well, definitely not the ending i was expecting, but it was good nevertheless. Benika is an awesome driver, and Shinkurou finally whipped it out and shows them what hes REALLY made of :). great show, was worth watching

oh that sounded so wrong lol but ya it was an great ending, also it seems kure-nai manga is still publishing so their could b a second season
Jun 18, 2009 7:08 AM

May 2008
A completely satisfying ending. I really like the direction it took. The development was quite good.

Overall, this show easily gets a 10 from me.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - Apr 24, 2008

70 by MeanEYE »»
Feb 25, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteveKeys - May 29, 2008

95 by Ronninn »»
Jun 17, 2022 2:53 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 18, 2008

82 by towelgirl21 »»
Dec 14, 2021 2:20 AM

» Protagonist sucked

Blackmanjones6 - Oct 15, 2021

2 by Blackmanjones6 »»
Oct 28, 2021 4:37 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Apr 10, 2008

96 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 4, 2021 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.