Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 27, 2008 5:50 PM

Nov 2007
ha ha ha hyper rainbow bread + ultimate jam = xDDD

apart from that this was a really touching episode ^^, I had an inkling of what had actually happened to her brother but I'm glad they put in the scene of peace and all
Nov 27, 2008 5:55 PM

Jun 2008
lol that scene was nice. touching stuff.
Nov 27, 2008 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
seriously, the hyper rainbow bread was too awesome...
all they were missing was a cameo

I'm still kind annoyed that this show isn't in HD. I know KyoAni wants us to buy DVDs, but seriously, the BS-i TV version wasn't much better than the DVD's for the first season.

Best quality comes from MBS raws for after story... and they aren't widescreen...
Nov 29, 2008 9:36 AM

Feb 2008
Clannad spoilers

Nov 30, 2008 7:28 AM

Feb 2008
MiKu214 said:
evilium said:
If you watched Kanon (2006) and remember Akiko's Jam....
My thoughts exactly. That was pretty clever though to mix Akiko's Jam with Sanae's bread. XD
Haha yeah! It was a good way of easing the tension plus Kanon references are few and far between so I loved it.

Brilliant episode, those fight scenes make you wonder if KyoAni should do more action type series just because the directing is fantastic.

I cried. Loads.
KappakaNov 30, 2008 7:40 AM
Nov 30, 2008 3:05 PM

Sep 2007
Eh. Wasn't a very good arc in my opinion. I liked Misae's arc a lot better and while that wasn't the greatest arc either, it did make me tear up while this arc didn't at all. =/
Nov 30, 2008 8:20 PM

May 2008
MiKu214 said:
evilium said:
My thoughts exactly. That was pretty clever though to mix Akiko's Jam with Sanae's bread. XD

Indeed a dangerous combination....

Good episode ....Seriously a good episode
Nov 30, 2008 10:04 PM

Nov 2007
TechDragon said:
MiKu214 said:
evilium said:

Indeed a dangerous combination....]

I totally agree breakfast of champions right there, lol
Dec 6, 2008 4:47 PM

Jul 2008
i want to try it....just a little so i wont pass out
Dec 10, 2008 6:39 AM

Sep 2008
That was a great episode...made me tear a little, those previews for the next ep seem sad, I'll just go ahead and watch it now XD
Dec 19, 2008 11:40 AM

Dec 2008
This episode was amazing! So many great scenes and further development progressed. The scene in the apartment when Tomoyo said that Kazuki is the only one to go face to face against Tomoyo made me think how powerful he really is. It was funny to see Sanae's rainbow bread in action (With the addition of the dreadful jam from Kanon that emits a killing aura lol) knock out the whole gang. It was courageous to see Tomoya step up against a gang leader in hopes of helping Yukine to finally end the feud between the gangs, also Yukine disguising herself as her brother to also try to end the feuds (When I found out it was her that got punched I felt sorry, at least it opened the eyes of all the gangsters). I found it sweet at the end when everyone went to Kazuki's grave to give him respect and to hopefully end the battle between the gangs. Tomoya seeing the orb of light that grants one wish (What happened to the the light though?And why is it only Tomoya that sees this kind of stuff? Lol shouldn't question this, hes the main aha). And so many other notable scenes that I wanted to add here, but there already covered by the other posts lol (Like Yukine using Tomoya's lap as a pillow to sleep, and other scenes). Clannad after-story is great aha, made me cry on various occasions just when I though I lost my reactive emotions.
Dec 19, 2008 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
Strangeshadow007 said:
This episode was amazing! So many great scenes and further development progressed. The scene in the apartment when Tomoyo said that Kazuki is the only one to go face to face against Tomoyo made me think how powerful he really is. It was funny to see Sanae's rainbow bread in action (With the addition of the dreadful jam from Kanon that emits a killing aura lol) knock out the whole gang. It was courageous to see Tomoya step up against a gang leader in hopes of helping Yukine to finally end the feud between the gangs, also Yukine disguising herself as her brother to also try to end the feuds (When I found out it was her that got punched I felt sorry, at least it opened the eyes of all the gangsters). I found it sweet at the end when everyone went to Kazuki's grave to give him respect and to hopefully end the battle between the gangs. Tomoya seeing the orb of light that grants one wish (What happened to the the light though?And why is it only Tomoya that sees this kind of stuff? Lol shouldn't question this, hes the main aha). And so many other notable scenes that I wanted to add here, but there already covered by the other posts lol (Like Yukine using Tomoya's lap as a pillow to sleep, and other scenes). Clannad after-story is great aha, made me cry on various occasions just when I though I lost my reactive emotions.

Nice review! Yeah so emotional this one. I started to post in this series at this exact episode. Never regretted to pick up Clannad and catch up to it. About the orb of light, think of Okazaki being very special, maybe even watched by Angel him and Nagisa. Whatever the outcome Okazaki and Nagisa are going to HEAVENS! No doubt from this and many are watching over them, not only angels from the looks of that orb of light.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 25, 2008 10:13 PM

Sep 2008
this anime is always making me shed tears
it was too beutiful
how did she prtected his brothers last wish
but with tomoya figthing like crazy for her i think that she could habe falled in love
with him or so i would like it
does the shining ball has anything to do with the other world i wonder
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 1, 2009 10:35 PM

Sep 2008
16:9 was finally put up~

1. What the fuck @ The Bread + Jam part; i'd seriously like to know what the hell is in that.
2. That fight must have been at least an hour; damn.
Jan 1, 2009 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
Blaze-San said:

Probably 2 hours, but you have to give Tomoya props for holding up against that dude
Jan 1, 2009 11:07 PM

Sep 2008
schoolboi15 said:
Blaze-San said:

Probably 2 hours, but you have to give Tomoya props for holding up against that dude
That I will do, I thought he would have been out in that first minute to be honest.
Jan 2, 2009 10:28 PM

Jan 2008
Holy shi-, ultimate bread + ultimate jam.
Episode made me go teary :(
Feb 14, 2009 7:36 AM
Oct 2007
Been wondering for ages what would happen if you mixed akiko's jam with sanae's bread.

Turns out it wasn't explosive decompression as I originally suspected.
Mar 26, 2009 8:14 PM

Sep 2007
I was not able to cry to this ep, the only thing I got from it was.

"So, Nagisa visits Naiyuki every winter?"
Apr 3, 2009 10:46 PM

Oct 2008
Wow they are milking the whole thing so badly with this beating up thing. One punch and then the kazuto clone could have shown up, didn't need to have him getting beaten up for ages lol.

Still good episode, looking forward to more. *Moves onto next*.
Apr 5, 2009 7:36 PM

May 2007
Chopsticks said:
draker said:
I found ridiculous how everyone got knocked out by Sanae's bread and that jam. That was just stupid, not even funny =/

me too :/
if it was a joke, k. not so funny, but k. but... it was part of the story, wtf
and the part when yukine played kazuto was rediculous, too. "I'm kazuto, fight me please >3<"
this episode was a joke... only the ending was good, but I'd expect more from an anime that came from Key studio...
I would go all out on you guys, saying things like, please kill yourself...

But heck i don't care about it.

This was a masterpiece to me no matter what.
Heck, trying to be the cool/though guy and not crying is getting tougher.
I was was one step to gettign a blurry vision.
Hahahaha....

Heh. And i was wondering if anime quality had already reached its limit.
Aside showing that i was really wrong, it proved that i still can be surprised with more.
Heh. This anime version is better then the VN.
I can't belive it.

Too bad it has an extra if you get what i mean.
But at this time, its not like it bothers me.
Its kind of fitting actually.

I really would have liked if key didn't lock up the afterstory for only two heroines, but its not like i dislike how it is.
This is already paradise.

Say what ever you guys want, but i would gladly throw away many of my things for the selfish desire of having a life like that.
Its not like i'm unhappy.

Deffinitly not that.
Its just that i treasure that so much, and since i haven't attained anything near it so far, i feel empty.

Real world, real relationships...
They are nowhere near something... lets say beautiful as this.
I kind of sounding like a fag and quite like an emo as well, but i don't care about opinions like that. Especially when probably most of those are like me and are hiding their true feeling to themselves.
I learned to blurt out every single thing i think. Even with its terrible consequences...

Heh, one thing i'm doing wrong here is that i'm generalizing my frustration on you guys.
Please ignore this.
Or continue reading for the sake of making fun of me, because i wonder if sometimes being open like this isn't wrong... heh

I'm transforming this into a blog. omg lol.
Well bear it with me.
Now that i started i'm going to end it.

Thinking about it now, my way of thing surely sounds selfish and purely emo.
Especially when i'm forcing my stupid and baseless melancholy on some random people.
Though it didn't had its objective as something to gain attention.
(Or was it? Subconsicense can be really scary sometimes.)
Omg i'm going emo.

HECK I DON"T WANT THAT!

okay... this is gettign scary.
lmao

Changing subjects...

Next episode seems promising.
So tomoya will finally understand the consequences of being a so called "delinquent" in the japanese deffinition?
May 5, 2009 1:44 AM
Apr 2009
I thought for sure, Nagisa would have held Tomoya back from fighting. I mean seriously she just let him get his ass kicked for hours. I'd start thinking if this was the same Nagisa.

The bread thing was kind of inappropriate since it was trying to be serious.

Yukine got owned by that leader.
May 8, 2009 10:33 PM

Mar 2009
this episode was happy and sad at the same time.
it was funny when nagisa showed them the rainbow bread.
but it was sad when i knew that kazuto was already dead.
but it was a nice episode.
May 8, 2009 10:49 PM

May 2009
I thought it served its purpose well. Good episode overall.
Jun 14, 2009 7:26 AM

Jun 2009
Man, Kazuto was such a great guy. The gangsters respect for him was so touching. T_T
Fear the finger of death
Jun 17, 2009 2:46 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome! Tomoya standing out for a one-on-one! and that magical bread, i wish Akio was there lols

and i forgot FUKO she is perfect
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 25, 2009 7:02 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, true. Kamina...errr.... Akio there actually fighting would be awesome to see.
Fear the finger of death
Jun 29, 2009 12:44 AM

Jun 2009
Kazuto is the new Harima for me.

I want to see Akio fighting and piercing the heavens.
Jul 14, 2009 4:32 AM

Jun 2009
Bladecatcher said:
I thought for sure, Nagisa would have held Tomoya back from fighting. I mean seriously she just let him get his ass kicked for hours. I'd start thinking if this was the same Nagisa.

The bread thing was kind of inappropriate since it was trying to be serious.

Yukine got owned by that leader.

I take it you didn't notice how she was crying the entire time he was fighting? And how the hell would she hold him back?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 14, 2009 7:19 AM

Jun 2009
Tomoya has too much anger at this point. Stopping him would be hard.
Jul 15, 2009 10:40 PM

Jun 2009
SwordWielder said:
they changed like the whole scenario of the game. but this arc is too short... 2 episodes? wtf?
and look at the rainbow bread with jam!

Looking back, that was some pretty beautiful rainbow breadxjam. Lolz. Butt whooped those gangsters, didn't it?
Fear the finger of death
Aug 16, 2009 4:26 PM

Jun 2009
Once again, an epic fight scene and an end to another great arc...but when will Sunohara get a girlfriend?!
Sep 7, 2009 11:23 AM

Aug 2009
Zomg, Miyazawa got punched in her face. Ooooooooooh.
Damn, that's gotta hurt badly. :(
Sep 12, 2009 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
Why do this???

It's a nice story (not to mention, it "hints" what the balls of light are...), but I thought I was watching After Story!

Not Clannad Continues...

I'm starting to get annoyed... If they don't get to the meat of the story soon, then I'll be convinced that the "only" reason this anime is highly rated is because newbies saw this one...

That has to be the case...
Sep 24, 2009 10:03 PM

Oct 2008
Man watching that guy pound Okazaki made me want to go beat something up >_>
I put me in a horrible mood for what happened next
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Oct 6, 2009 4:01 PM
Jun 2008
The scene when all gang's members prayed for Kazuto was simply beautiful, I almost cried back then T_T

Clannad is so good! It always gives me a different feeling =)
Oct 29, 2009 9:22 PM

Oct 2009
A touching episode. I was on the verge of crying for half of the episode, and that's saying something!
Nov 12, 2009 5:27 PM

Nov 2009
I've never seen someone get so badly beaten but still look awesome while doing it.
Dec 23, 2009 12:48 AM

Apr 2008
It wasn't as bad as the previous ark. A decent ark :).
Feb 6, 2010 6:04 PM
Jul 2009
This arc was much better than I thought it would be. I even cried (again) at the end.

Really, this anime has it all, even great action scenes. ^_^
Feb 18, 2010 2:34 PM

Jan 2008
Ultimate bread + ultimate jam = instant KO. Even for Chuck Norris

And MAN Tomoya can tank. I thought it was all over when he got the double hammer but that was only the beginning. They should make Tomoya an honorary gang friend after that :P
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Feb 24, 2010 1:14 PM

Apr 2009
Was that a kanon reference? :P
Almost cried at the fight scene,great arc.
Why is it that the arc's for side characters are better then the ones for main characters so far?
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Mar 8, 2010 12:19 PM

Feb 2010
Aw Tomoya is such a hero. He goes into fight without even a second thought~! Miyazawa getting punched made me cry T_T
Apr 11, 2010 3:08 PM

Mar 2010
Arc was okay, I guess. Too short in my opinion.
Although, the fight scene was badass.
Tomoya ftw.
Apr 13, 2010 12:47 PM

Jan 2010
oh i remember i was really surprised when i found out he is actually dead ;(

this is the worst arc but it's still awesome wth :'(
5/5

hey Akiko's jam cameo xD....mixed with the ranbow bread(a rainbow to you™) it becomes the deadliest poison known to man xD

overally great episode...and finally the best part...the amazing...BRILLIANT..Masterpiece-ly part of the show will start!

we're almost "midway up the hill" :-)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 13, 2010 11:10 PM
Feb 2008
lolwut?

Animation was weird for the fight scenes. Okazaki just loves to brawl huh? He's a bro though. Wonder if he'll get into a fight every other arc :P

The bread thing was funny but it was lowut worthy when they used that as the serious excuse to get Okzaki in there getting a whopping from that Jojo wannabe.

The brother being dead made sense but his sister dressing up like him...like no one notices how short and slender her frame is? what

and again the whole mystic element jumps in. It's a bit weird. It's like the show is some sort of JRPG where you go around with your main group of Okazaki and Nagisa and Sunohara solving problems and getting into "battles"

Next arc seems interesting but I wonder if an Okzaki focused arc wouldn't be better as the last one considering he's the lead.
Jul 20, 2010 8:12 PM

Mar 2009
I found it boring.
Jul 30, 2010 3:03 PM

Feb 2010
def not my fave arc.... but it was still good.

Man this series is awesome.
Aug 18, 2010 8:24 AM

May 2010
The ending was sweet.
Sep 18, 2010 10:40 AM

Jun 2009
Awww this ep was so cute!! Poor girl (I don't remmember her name) I really thought her brother was really in the hospital! Omg Tomoya! Poor he was like not fighting he was just getting hit!

Next ep seems interesting.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.