Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 18, 2011 9:26 PM

May 2011
Tiger & Bunny was def a good series and I have to say the 2nd half was better than the first but the animation and design for the show was great. I must say I think I'm going to miss Blue Rose saying "GO NEXT" lol

But yeah the last episode was pretty good nothing series happened but it was a good way to tie up everything and give all the characters a good ending. Blue Rose and Tiger just might happen. All in all it was a good show i give it a 8/10

Now idk if the anime was trying to give a message but the whole after the credits scene
by saying "Money is evil" or just a way of saying Ouroborous runs so deep it really can't be stopped so watch out for a second season
Sep 18, 2011 10:59 PM

Sep 2010
Noooo it's over! But I'm looking forward to the next project though.
Sep 19, 2011 12:20 AM
Feb 2009
awee yeh second season
Sep 19, 2011 1:11 AM

Mar 2009
Of course Kotetsu survives in the end. =|
Oh, Sunrise...

Decent final episode. I'm glad Lunatic got to do something in this episode, as he was underused throughout. He'll probably have a bigger role in the next season.

Overall, though, Sunrise managed to do a great job with this show. I didn't know what to expect from Tiger & Bunny when I first heard the name, but I'm glad I ended up watching it. What I loved about the show so much was that it was created with a western audience in mind. Bonus points for Kotetsu, an excellent main character; and his realistic relationship with his daughter. It's a rarity nowadays to have a main character who's not in High School, and has a kid, so that means he's had sex at least once. 8/10
Sep 19, 2011 1:29 AM

Jun 2010
stevewiess01 said:

Episode 25

That scarf girl has appeared in every freaking episode of Tiger & Bunny, just like the flower girl from Macross 7. I wonder if this trend will continue in the second season.

lol Don't know why they did that. If it was like heroman's Stan lee it would've been for the lulz. But this one ?? No idea.

You're like super awesome to catch that. She was like walking along then working in the bar and lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2011 4:48 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome , amazing, exceptional, I don't know what to say. I'm so glad nobody died (THANK YOU SUNRISE) and everything was absolutely fabulous. HNGG.
Waiting for season 2.
Sep 19, 2011 6:13 AM
Sep 2009
I'm going to have to give this episode and show a 10/10.

From the very start this show promised to be cliched, unique, and funny. They promised darker elements but didn't focus on them too much via use of the very unique character that is Kotetsu. Logical explanations were used to explain his survival and most of what happened in the episode. I mean come one, stranger things have happened in real life.

To me, the decision of Kotetsu to return to being a hero showed the show's commitment to each characters' personality. Kaede would've realistically gotten very tired of a stay at home dad. My hope is that in the second season, Ben and Saito are working together to take the technology from the androids to make an even better suit for Tiger. In my opinion, having him go on without powers would be best. That way it's like he's taking up the dream of Bunny's parents and using the cyborg technology for the good of everyone. He's the perfect person to take on the role of becoming everyone's protector and inherit the dream of Barnaby's parents. He'll be a very light version of Batman, protecting others out of a dream to be a hero rather than out of vengance.

I really hope that they'll make a second season. I believe Rock Bison is due an episode. Lunatic needs to be explored more. Now that Orouboros knows that tiger has a kid Kaede should definitely become more involved in the series (possibly as a second league hero?). All in all the last half of the season and the last episode really kept up with the theme of the show and made me love Sunrise once more.
Sep 19, 2011 11:17 AM

Aug 2010
so what was the significance at the 11/13 at the end of the episode about a new project. does it mean november or does it mean way way in the future? unless commie trolled us which i doubt they would.

EDIT: nvm found it it's bout some super event or something. at least a new PROJECT is confirmed. so at the very least we should get a movie or something.
jakeisquiteSep 19, 2011 11:25 AM
Sep 19, 2011 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
m4rc0 said:
Am I the only one that noticed that Fire Emblem is the one that wrote 100 ways to make a single father fall for you? It's like hw wrote it to Karina haha

WHAT!?!?! I must hunt down a picture now!

edit: Got a pic... look at the pink lettering towards the bottom.
AstuteOtakuSep 19, 2011 2:01 PM
Sep 19, 2011 2:50 PM

Aug 2008
Ah, it's really hard to word out what I'm feeling now... wait, I mean, what I have felt since saturday night... my first thought was "why must everything good come to an end".

I was content with the ending. Very surprised because Kotetsu didn't retire, but still very content. I got my 'revival' scene, very nicely animated action scenes, awesome 'IN YOUR FACE MAVERICK' Kotetsu moment, brohug turning to a familyhug turning to a grouphug, F-YEAH!Agnes, Lunatic scene, teaming up again with the same princess-carrying style as seen in ep 1, and foreshadowing for the NEXT season/OVAs/something. Exhausting but awesome. While I admit many of those clicheed scenes have been made countless times before, I just can't remember when I would have enjoyed them this much. T&B just manages to be so incredibly entertaining. Also, I can never get enough of how the show portrayed the characters; superheroes or not, they spoke and acted like anybody else and did very everyday things (Clipping your nails, spending leisure time, telling much just by character's body language, eating food normally - not typical anime "oh so delicious curry" way, etc.)

Btw, noticed Kotetsu shares some similarities with a certain coffee-loving prosecutor!

I have been having some mixed feelings about S2, mainly because of the "1 minute" downgrade but after 1) thinking how many issues are still uncovered and 2) hearing the VA's hints/teasings, I'm not that doubtful anymore - I definitely want more T&B. Second season or set of OVAs, now please. Looking forward to the 11/31 event news eagerly.

It was greatest ride I had had for a long time. Thank you T&B cast & staff, thank you fellow fans. Now then, the next pit stop; waiting for my T&B merchandise to arrive while eating frie(n)d rice.

darkwintre said:
Why didn't they just have Kaede touch his arm or hand and then reverse the mind wipe?!

I think she could have done it if Maverick had been just altering his memories, but by the looks of it, he actually wiped everything away. I'm guessing that's more complicated/impossible to regain.
MinekoSep 19, 2011 11:50 PM
Sep 19, 2011 7:05 PM

Jul 2009
Wow! I actually thought that this was a really good ending :O TIGER'S ALIVE! XD Came back from the depths of hell ... Godot much? LOL XD So Saito succeeds in the safety mode, which I expected, but Maverick wipes all his memories away, kind of expected, and Lunatic kills him, again, kind of expected. However I thought it was done really well :O Wow Agnes you remembered?! Good job! XD
Didn't expect Barnaby to retire with Tiger but it was all right, he wanted to be himself. Nice how the password was their birthdays o_O (although that's a bad habit lol, isn't it?! XD)
I really liked the ending how it showed everyone being "normal" before being called in for duty. Haha 1 minute Tiger?! XD Nice to see Kaede supporting him now and woot he's a hero again! I actually LOLed when Barnaby caught him though I was like WHAT IS THIS PRINCESS / WEDDING CARRY THING?! O_O LOL XD They're both back on the Heroes ... yea! :D
Music wise the ED at the beginning worked really well, I think I heard OP2 somewhere and OP1 as the ED fit nicely I thought :D

Overall, wow, this has been a blast! I came into this show with little to no expectations and was very impressed. I loved all the characters, it was pretty suspenseful plot wise (but obviously Ouroborous (SP?) isn't solved for second season). Oh I forgot to mention it was nice seeing people buy Tiger's cards again XD Oh and obviously very fun to watch and always looked forward to the episodes ... 9/10 for sure :D Looking forward to the second season :D
Sep 20, 2011 8:21 AM

May 2010
Okay Maverick is defeated now we'll see more on Ouroboros next time !!
Sep 20, 2011 8:43 AM

Sep 2009
Not sure if anyone noticed but is Ben Jackson the new CEO of Apollon Media?
Sep 20, 2011 1:48 PM
Jun 2011
Amazing series! This is probably the first series since 07 that has made me a "fangirl". I loved it. I even had to write a post about it in my blog: www.girlincape.com I'd love you all to read and discuss the series there. :)

ANYWAY,
I was happy to see Tiger "rise from the dead" despite it being a total cop out reason as to why. I did not want him to die! I loved the one year later timeskip.

I did not like Maverick using his power on himself even though I totally understand why he did it. It was just...awkward. There was no real lead up to it.
Sep 22, 2011 1:57 AM

Jan 2011
barnaby retired then came back?
wut.
still a good anime
8/10
Sep 22, 2011 7:50 AM

Nov 2008
Rayzorexe said:

Rayzorexe _san we noticed , and it seems he is , and why not ? he seems to be a good guy and of course he is tiger's friend and previous boss :)
but nothing is certain maybe he is plotting something ..... mohahahahaha ( evil laugh )

Sep 22, 2011 11:17 AM
Mar 2011
snow_hime said:
Rayzorexe said:

Rayzorexe _san we noticed , and it seems he is , and why not ? he seems to be a good guy and of course he is tiger's friend and previous boss :)
but nothing is certain maybe he is plotting something ..... mohahahahaha ( evil laugh )

Helped Saito organise the defence against Maverick, probably has a good reputation barring the property damage caused by his company's hero...

Its entirely possible he was given the job so whoever is behind Maverick could keep an eye on him.
Sep 24, 2011 6:36 AM

Aug 2009
Lunatic is still the best character.

This was a great experience, 8/10. I'm sure we'll get a second season one day and I'll definitely watch it.
Sep 25, 2011 5:40 PM

Apr 2011
The best action scene would be Blue Rose and Dragon Kid, I guess its the armor graphics for the guys that ruins this show for me at times.

Tiger - 1 minute man

Bunny - emo kid

I have no opinion on a 2nd season, if it happens, I will watch it. Overall 8/10 for the series, I wish it would of focus on the other heroes as well (especially the girls).
Sep 26, 2011 2:24 PM

Aug 2008
I love surprises and this show was a huge one. This last episode wasn't my favorite, but still played out pretty well. I don't think too many people thought that Tiger would stay dead. And Maverick was just trying a little too hard to be a great villain. He had the tools, but something about him wasn't enough. He ended up just being annoying in the end.

While I'm curious to see how a second season of Tiger & Bunny would work out with Tiger barely being able to stay in the game at all, I'm still extremely excited to get more of this. Great show! And I think Tiger will be making it onto my favorite characters list soon.

Sep 28, 2011 10:00 PM
Jun 2011
Kaede could have touched Maverick and used his power it to restore his erased brain so that Bunny can continue investigating Ouroboros. Too bad the idiot lunatic in such a hurry to kill off Maverick when he was no longer a threat :facepalm:
Sep 29, 2011 4:20 PM

Sep 2010
planetarial said:

Also you're forgetting that Kotetsu is twice Blue Rose's age and the creators have stated multiple times that her crush is simply not meant to go any further then just a crush.

Where has that been said by the almighty creators? I think it would be pretty self-defeating by Sunrise to keep putting in these Karina crush moments only to publicly say it will never happen.

Sep 30, 2011 8:11 PM

Feb 2009
WOW at T&B's score on here. 8.32?! Pleasantly surprised. When I last checked before it ended, it was around 7.9. That's awesome, it deserves it. :)
Oct 1, 2011 12:30 AM

Jan 2011
Droplet said:
WOW at T&B's score on here. 8.32?! Pleasantly surprised. When I last checked before it ended, it was around 7.9. That's awesome, it deserves it. :)

I think the same, this show was amazing in every way you can think of, just the music was a little repetitive for me, but that aside, it seems that a "project" is coming, hoping for a second season, the Ouroborus thing (hell I know how it's called) still isn't solved.

Great 9/10.
Good story, perfect animation, funny plot and amazing show.
Oct 2, 2011 8:44 AM

May 2010
Well, what a satisfying ending. OP 1 as the ED was a great touch.

Despite the cheesiness, cliche, and predictability, it's so damn entertaining.

Kotetsu is seriously one of the better protagonists out there.

I'm giving this an 8/10. Second season is obvious. I hope it won't take too long. =)
Oct 13, 2011 9:14 PM

Feb 2008
I cried when Kotetsu was "alive again" I felt like if i was bunny he needed to be punched in the face for that joke though D|

November 13th
i shall remember that date

I fricking love this show :'D probably more than I should

I was so happy when the kid bought kotetsu's card in the end :D
Oct 19, 2011 10:53 PM

May 2009
Great anime overall I enjoyed it more than half the anime this season and I really liked the story and some of the characters. So yeah looking forward to another season with Ouroboros
Oct 29, 2011 1:33 PM

Oct 2009
Good season, hopefully they'll do another one.
IMO, Bunny-chan has a better chance than Blue rose lol, being with Tiger that is.
Nov 6, 2011 7:54 PM
Mar 2010
lostinabook said:
Total "F YEAH" moment for me when Tiger gets up and punches Maverick in the face. :D And also, thank you Lunatic, at least someone is around to take out the trash. XD

Second season/spinoff/whatever soon please?

Of course, Lunatic. How could we forget you.

Oh and that ending. I'm glad everything seemed to be normal.

But Barnaby and his parents? I think I have to rewatch that- was it their birthdays?
I can't wait for the 2nd season! (which I'm assuming will happen..)
Nov 12, 2011 8:37 AM

Jul 2011
I've been holding off on commenting on this series until further note, or specifically, the revelation of this "NEXT Project" event that's been scheduled for Nov 13th. Well, we've neared that date.

So far it's been a ride to follow the source material, interviews and merchandise of this show ; And it's safe to conclude that the show's success is nothing short of phenomenal. Merch selling like hotcakes, webstores crashing, fandom activity and dedication along with fan-organized events/contests.
And to think that Sunrise didn't have any faith in this series - having set their bets on other series (Sacred 7) that season while giving the production team a low budget to start with, not to mention the remarks they got on how they should just give up.

Suffice to say, I'm glad to have been part of it. Haven't been this involved in an anime series in recent years, or anything post 2007; so it's been a refreshing experience for the anime fan in me.

Hope to see more TB in the future, whether it's a new season, movie or DVD material they're working on. And looking forward to the news at the event.

Anime_Name said:
planetarial said:

Old news. . .
Dec 11, 2011 3:19 PM

Aug 2011
The little bit at the end where the boy chose a Tiger card too, it made my life :3

Dec 24, 2011 11:57 PM

Sep 2010
Cydonia said:

Anime_Name said:
planetarial said:

Old news. . .

I don't see how undated, translated excerpts with no citations are 'old news' a month after the anime ended.
I as near as I can tell from searching out chunks of that translation, the collection of lines were taken from bits and pieces of interviews from across the production of T&B including post-production interviews. I fully expect the creators of the show to plan and know the how the story/characters would progress way before the viewers see the series finale. The Katrina "unfulfillable" comment look more like an answer made from hindsight in a post-production interview rather than a comment spoiling the content of the show during it's original run. The comment about her crush being meant to be seen as unreasonable is pretty damn obvious considering all of the factors but that does not openly spoil anything.

Dec 26, 2011 8:00 AM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:
Cydonia said:

Anime_Name said:
planetarial said:

Old news. . .

I don't see how undated, translated excerpts with no citations are 'old news' a month after the anime ended.
I as near as I can tell from searching out chunks of that translation, the collection of lines were taken from bits and pieces of interviews from across the production of T&B including post-production interviews. I fully expect the creators of the show to plan and know the how the story/characters would progress way before the viewers see the series finale. The Katrina "unfulfillable" comment look more like an answer made from hindsight in a post-production interview rather than a comment spoiling the content of the show during it's original run. The comment about her crush being meant to be seen as unreasonable is pretty damn obvious considering all of the factors but that does not openly spoil anything.

Again, old news.
These excerpts were translated and posted during the show's run and nearing the final episodes for fans who were thirsting for news, spoilers and trivia in-between the waits.
You may take it as you want, but they're hardly news to anyone who's been tightly following the sources on the boards from where I got them.
Dec 26, 2011 9:09 PM

Sep 2010
Cydonia said:

Again, old news.
These excerpts were translated and posted during the show's run and nearing the final episodes for fans who were thirsting for news, spoilers and trivia in-between the waits.
You may take it as you want, but they're hardly news to anyone who's been tightly following the sources on the boards from where I got them.

Some of those were, some of those weren't. They're just a compilation of T&B interviews from various sources spanning the original run and post-production wrap up of the show. You can't pull the wool over my eyes and try to convey that one or two lines are from interviews prior to the end of show without a publication date of the source. Googeling the lines brings up a lot of English sites many of which have their articles dated(That's if the site used a dating system) after the completion of T&B.

Dec 27, 2011 12:51 AM

Jul 2011
Nope. Here's the earliest sources of where I got them; here, here.

As you can see for yourself, the most recent of the piles here were first posted on Sep 5th, and dating back as far as August 12th for the earliest.
The show ended on September 17th.
Dec 27, 2011 1:48 AM

Sep 2010
Cydonia said:
Nope. Here's the earliest sources of where I got them; here, here.

As you can see for yourself, the most recent of the piles here were first posted on Sep 5th, and dating back as far as August 12th for the earliest.
The show ended on September 17th.

So your source is anonymous /a chatter that only predates the final two episodes of T&B...still no publication date or name of said sports magazine those excerpts were from.
Has the internet changed the definition of source without me knowing?

Dec 27, 2011 2:00 AM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:

So your source is anonymous /a chatter that only predates the final two episodes of T&B...still no publication date or name of said sports magazine those excerpts were from.

Yep.
That magazine source was posted somewhere in there, but you're gonna have to dig deeper for it yourself. Ciao.
Dec 27, 2011 11:24 PM

Sep 2010
Cydonia said:
Anime_Name said:

Yep.
That magazine source was posted somewhere in there, but you're gonna have to dig deeper for it yourself. Ciao.

It's not a site that I use.
I have no interest in delving into that cesspool for anything and certainly am not going to dig through that shit when the burden of proof is on you.
Anime_NameDec 27, 2011 11:27 PM

Dec 28, 2011 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
Ooh, damn that Maverick being clever enough to wipe his own memories. But couldn't Kaede just touch him and have the memories return? Ah well, at least we saw Lunatic again.

It irks me that Dragon Kid was forced into being more feminine in that flashforward. What the hell was the point of that? It added absolutely nothing to the plot and just weakened her character. Fucking pathetic.

Bunny/Tiger ending <3 JUST AS IT SHOULD BE.

I like that we've still got the whole Ouroboros mystery to sort out. Second season anyone?

Anyway. This was a fun show. The animation was variable in quality (too much CGI), as was the writing -- there were a lot of plotholes and logic fails. Don't really have an opinion on the sound/music. The strength of this show really was the characters. While not everyone got a decent amount of characterisation (see: Bison and Fire Emblem -- Kriem got more backstory than those two!), those that did were decently fleshed out and, for the most part, interesting and likeable. I'm giving it a 6/10 overall for having a surprising amount of heart and good characters, despite the average sound/animation and variable quality of the plot.
Dec 29, 2011 10:31 AM

Apr 2007
Disappointing. The show really took a nosedive starting from episode 23 and still couldn't save itself at the end. I'm always up for some cheesy superhero stories, but that was too much. I also found it laughable when Lunatic finally did something. Would've been better if he burned Maverick earlier. Like, in front of the other heroes. And I'm fine with Bunny returning to being a hero, but imo Tiger should have remained retired. Instead of laying on the couch all the time GET. A. JOB. Your brother owns a liquor company/bar/whatever for christs sake, it can't be that hard!

Anyway my biggest problems with this show that i have to rant about:

~ Tiger's stupidity. It was just annoying sometimes. The creators really needed to cut the guy some slack.
~ Bunny's attitude. It's been 21 years man, grow up a bit...
~ Kaede's attitude. I know she has her own share of problems, but that's still no reason to be a total bitch.
~ Too many heroes, not enough character development. Dragon Kid and Fire Dude barely served any purpose. Would've been fine without them. It seems like they were mostly there to add some diversity to the team anyway.
~ The lack of Lunatic. He turned out to be one of the most interesting characters, but barely did anything. What a waste.

I think that's it. Still hoping they go through with a second season. Maybe focusing more on characters other than Tiger & Bunny.
MonochromeDec 29, 2011 10:37 AM
Jan 6, 2012 9:02 AM
Mar 2011
I need second season now. This show is amazing.
Feb 14, 2012 4:20 AM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:

It's not a site that I use.
I have no interest in delving into that cesspool for anything and certainly am not going to dig through that shit when the burden of proof is on you.

Whatever you say, Princess.

http://archive.foolz.us/a/image/Lug3ff7navEXykblThMQUg/
The poster is japanese, but as you can tell; they're pointing out the next issue of Nikkan Sports that'll feature M. Seiji Nishida back in September - published on 9/19.
Along with a picture of the more recent Nikkan Sports magazine that was published on 9/5 - also featuring Masafumi Nishida ; from which the interview-excerpts were translated.

A closer look;
http://pulse5.cocolog-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2011/09/05/20110905103814.jpg

And here's the Nikkan Sports website mentioning the upcoming T&B interview with main writer Nishida (name bolded) on 9/4 - the day before publication;
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/f-et-tp0-20110904-830439.html

日刊スポーツが毎週月曜日に旬のアニメ情報をお届けする「アニメ!!パンチ」。月1発目の日付紙面から2回連続で、17日深夜に最終回を迎える人気アニメ「TIGER&BUNNY」(タイバニ)を大特集します!! アニメ記者ムラカミが、シリーズ構成と全25話を手がけた脚本家・西田征史氏(36)を直撃し、主人公の鏑木・T・虎徹(ワイルドタイガー)とバーナビー・ブルックスJr.ら、個性的なヒーローを生んだ発想の秘密を聞いちゃいました!! 「タイバニ」が、どのようにしてつくり出されたか、ファン必見の“ガチンコトーク”です!!

[2011年9月4日20時44分]
SicFeb 14, 2012 7:27 AM
Feb 21, 2012 12:00 PM
Jan 2012
Really liked this unique series,just wish there was more character development going on
Was kinda hopeing for a BlueRosexTiger Match up hehheh =P

What About Orobourous? I'm pretty curious
That alone has me interested in a second season.
Feb 24, 2012 12:47 AM

Apr 2009
Great show. It's rare these days to see a series aimed at an older crowd that doesn't have moe/fanservice/excessive violence. Just a good old action show with likable characters. Kotetsu is quite a role model, just an all-around stand-up guy. My favorite of the other heroes was Sky High, because he's so corny and goofy in a cool way.

They definitely left the door open for a sequel, I guess we'll see. I would like to see Rock Bison's and Fire Emblem's episodes if they do one. And some more stuff with the second-tier heroes.
Feb 26, 2012 9:17 AM

Jun 2008
Monochrome said:
Disappointing. The show really took a nosedive starting from episode 23 and still couldn't save itself at the end. I'm always up for some cheesy superhero stories, but that was too much. I also found it laughable when Lunatic finally did something. Would've been better if he burned Maverick earlier. Like, in front of the other heroes. And I'm fine with Bunny returning to being a hero, but imo Tiger should have remained retired. Instead of laying on the couch all the time GET. A. JOB. Your brother owns a liquor company/bar/whatever for christs sake, it can't be that hard!
Well, Sunrise or whoever decided to milk the hell out of this series. Probably as early as episode 13. I mean, they could've just ended at that with Jake being the killer.

But then they kind of realized they have too many characters, and need to spend at least some time getting to know the other heroes. Once that was done, they had to think of another way to continue, why not add in the decline of super power and the re-emergence of old vengeance? At that point, to further continue, they had to make up a ridiculous villain (Maverick) with a ridiculous plot, who was really pretty chill until after episode 13, where viewers like me suspected something was wrong.2

Anyways, now they even have enough stuff to make a season 2 (excuse for more character development from other heroes as well as Lunatic, also the closure to Ouroboros).

That aside, I enjoyed the series. Can't wrestle between a 7 or a 8. It really came down hill for me when Maverick's plan began to take shape. What a lame plot device to have him have the ability to wipe memories (what better way to reset and have more screen time to reach the magic numbers 24-26?).
Feb 28, 2012 4:07 AM

May 2009
Tachii said:
Well, Sunrise or whoever decided to milk the hell out of this series. Probably as early as episode 13. I mean, they could've just ended at that with Jake being the killer.

But then they kind of realized they have too many characters, and need to spend at least some time getting to know the other heroes. Once that was done, they had to think of another way to continue, why not add in the decline of super power and the re-emergence of old vengeance? At that point, to further continue, they had to make up a ridiculous villain (Maverick) with a ridiculous plot, who was really pretty chill until after episode 13, where viewers like me suspected something was wrong.2

This series was years in the making; believe me, Maverick being the bad guy as far as Bunny's story is concerned was not an afterthought.

And the whole milking suggestion is just plain silly - Sunrise was not supportive of this series at all. If any milking happened, it certainly was not while the series was airing seeing how nobody expected this to be a hit. Besides, how do you even go about changing the script to add another 13 episodes just because they decided to milk it halfway through?
Mar 2, 2012 8:07 PM

Apr 2007
Athena said:
This series was years in the making; believe me, Maverick being the bad guy as far as Bunny's story is concerned was not an afterthought.

And the whole milking suggestion is just plain silly - Sunrise was not supportive of this series at all. If any milking happened, it certainly was not while the series was airing seeing how nobody expected this to be a hit. Besides, how do you even go about changing the script to add another 13 episodes just because they decided to milk it halfway through?
No it's very possible they made changes to the script. Maybe not how Tachii explained, but it's not like every single episode is laid out or completed when it starts airing. Even while a show is airing studios are working on and making [most likely minor] changes. This is even more likely when you have a longer series, as there's more time to allow changes.

I didn't pay attention to T&B when it was airing so I don't know when it's popularity exploded, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sunrise decided to take advantage of the popularity by: keeping the story of Maverick being the big baddie in the 2nd half, while changing the ending to have the main heroes still alive & kickin to leave room for a sequel. There sure seemed to be a lot of death flags for Tiger in the 2nd half, yet he only had a fake death. Hmm~
MonochromeMar 2, 2012 8:11 PM
Mar 2, 2012 11:26 PM

Jul 2010
You act like it's a horrible thing that Sunrise might have possibly (and until there is any sort of confirmation, it is indeed just speculation fueled by personal opinion of the show) started to give any sort of shit about this show, and sought to capitalize upon it. Indeed, during it's run, they didn't care much at all, because of course they didn't know the smash hit it was going to be. I'd say they probably did change the last few episodes to leave it more open ended, but I find the thought of the second half being completely redone a little bit farfetched, especially considering the obviously smaller budget the show seemed to get compared to others (they could have just spent all their money on animating Bunny's hair).

Anime needs to be profitable for studios. That's just a fact. Some anime was made to be profitable, and some anime is profitable by mistake, as was the case here. But regardless, you can't really blame studios for capitalizing either way. That's the nature of the business. If you think a show suffered for it, that's of course your opinion of which you are entitled to. But it's pretty silly to condemn a show for that when it is a trait of the industry, not one particular title.

You can argue about artistic merit, and important stories, and indeed the industry does have that, and I personally enjoy it and see it as quite important. But at the end of the day, anime does largely exist to entertain people. It's alright for studios to make money and do just that at the same time, which is what this show did for most.

You just didn't like the ending. And that's ok. Other people do. That doesn't make them dumbass fans who need to be pandered to, which is definitely the air that recent posts seem to be trying to convey. It's just strongly coming off as "I don't like it, so it sucks" around here...
StreetFighterMar 2, 2012 11:38 PM
Mar 3, 2012 8:48 AM

Apr 2007
Does my recent post really come off as hateful? o3o I was merely stating what I felt Sunrise may have done, in no way did I say it was a bad thing. I guess me not liking how it ended may have given you that impression though.

And there's no need to go into "anime needs to be profitable for studios" because like you said, that much is obvious. Unless you live in a cave or something.

On a side note, I feel I should mention that I'm not the type of person who would argue whether a show should continue or not based on my own opinion. If I don't like a show and it gets a second season (or maybe I just don't think it should get a continuation), whatevs. I can't do anything about it anyway.
MonochromeMar 3, 2012 8:58 AM
Mar 3, 2012 9:10 AM

Jun 2008
Athena said:
Tachii said:

Well, I don't expect companies to milk series during the broadcast time, but it just comes off with that feeling. As in, it gave a different feeling after the Jake fight was over. It seemed... lackluster, directionless. Like something was missing. A break of pacing.

Then again, I understand in Japan, after episode 13, it could technically be called a new season (since the season changes), so a new direction is plausible to set up a villain with a ridiculous power.

Anyways, I'll be looking to season 2. I rather like the idea that his kid got the copied cat power and what Lunatic and Ouraboros is up to.
TachiiMar 3, 2012 9:13 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chalis - Sep 3, 2011

69 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 1, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.