Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2008 8:26 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What's this? No episode 31 discussion?? Well, let's remedy that oversight, shall we? ^_^

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode - first space fight in quite a while, if I remember correctly. I love battles on more than one front, and how the separate battles intertwine and affect each other.

Interesting development in the Char/Sayla arena as well.......it seemed that Char's Newtype abilities were shown for the first time(?). And I guess Sayla's going to become a risk in battle now, fearing that any mech she shoots down may be her beloved "nii-san" >_>

And just how many more upgraded mobile suits is Char gonna pull out of his ass, anyway?
You've come a long way, baby.
Nov 22, 2009 12:45 PM

Oct 2009
um... let's see, first was the Zaku, then the Gouf, then the Dom, then the amphibious mobile suit used in the attack against Ireland, then the crazy spiky ones at Jaburo, and now the mobile armor. So that's six so far. >_<

lol @ the womanizing American hot shot / jerk. One of my favorite anime archetypes XD
Mar 30, 2010 5:32 PM

Apr 2009
Can't say that I like Sleggar, but I feel like his role in the series will become bigger.
So Sayla hated wars more than anything. I wonder what made her join the Federation.
Jul 25, 2010 9:35 AM

Aug 2009
Flamingos.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 29, 2010 4:00 PM

May 2008
Bright is jealous, lol~
Oct 28, 2010 9:20 AM

Aug 2009
Another great episode! 5/5
Dec 29, 2010 7:35 PM

Sep 2009
I'm liking this Sleggar guy.

But everything about him is screaming that he is going to die in a blaze of glory.
Sep 14, 2012 2:42 PM

Apr 2010
Sabinlerose said:

But everything about him is screaming that he is going to die in a blaze of glory.

I like him too, he's funny and not annoying.
This episode is better then Ep.30, at least some real action.
Dec 26, 2012 7:42 PM

Jun 2009
Sabinlerose said:

Pretty much and he also seems to be obviously around to throw some tension between Bright and Mirai.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 10, 2013 4:52 PM

Feb 2012
I love Bright's reaction when the Admiral mentions a fiance, hilarious haha

This episode was really really good all the space action and Char being Char.
Aug 18, 2013 11:39 PM

Sep 2008
Have I mentioned that I love how Bright uses that phone to shout orders? Radioman has a headset, so why they didn't give one to Bright?

That American is going to die, I guess.
Feb 18, 2014 5:54 AM

Sep 2013
Sleggar reminds me of Macross's Roy Focker so much. I bet Sleggar's been inspiration for Roy.
Mar 12, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
Amuro's face when he fainted was kinda funny. Good thing he could keep it together and managed to win. That was awesome.

Where the hell is Lalah¿
May 28, 2014 9:17 PM
Jan 2013
Sayla is starting to get on my nerves with her whole "nii-san" thing. I wish this would be solved soon, but it doesnt look like it
Jun 22, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2009
Another amazing episode :D

Lol Bright seems jealous that Mirai has an arranged husband waiting to be married.

To be honest i didn't ike Sleggar at first since he's flirting with all the ladies. He even purposedly landed on the back of Mirai XD

Though he definitely backs his skills up during battle. And yes he's basically a character waiting to be killed. I can definitely feel it!

Char's tactics are soo bold yet very effective.

Lol Amuro passing out, but i'm glad they mentioned on how if the speed accelerates in an instant, a person can passed out instantly.

Glad Amuro was able to adapt quickly given the situation.

Everyone is fighting pretty good, hope to see more Char soon!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Aug 8, 2014 4:43 PM

Apr 2013
The blonde guy brought some good mood to the ship.
Dec 16, 2014 4:05 PM

Mar 2014
Sherr said:
Can't say that I like Sleggar, but I feel like his role in the series will become bigger.
So Sayla hated wars more than anything. I wonder what made her join the Federation.

I'm also not a fan of him. He's even more blunt than Kai. He acts like the leader, despite Bright being in charge, and he's also cocky and a huge womanizer.
Basically, he seems like kind of a huge jerk.

Amuro was pretty awesome in battle, hanging onto that Zeon ship and then firing when they thought he was unconcious. That part was pretty cool.

Overall, though, a pretty average episode.
::End of Transmission::

Feb 9, 2015 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
New guy was probably put aboard their ship because he has problems with authority. As long as he's not a spy, he should fit in quite well.
Mar 4, 2015 12:43 PM
May 2012
The new guy is indeed way too cocky - I'm actually hoping that he'll get Brightslapped at some point. He definitely deserves it.
I'm also not particularly fond of womanizers, so eh...

I've been worried about Sayla's brotherissues being stretched out through the series for a while, and it's finally showing. We need some progression here - I don't want the two to dance around eachother indefinetaly. That'll get boring quick.

I love how obvious it is that Mirai's noticing Sayla's behavior. "Tired," yeah, sure.

Jul 21, 2015 1:11 AM

Nov 2011
Oh, wow. I didn't expect my questions about Sayla encountering Char on the battlefield to be answered so soon. I guess she's a bit of a liability when against him; she could have taken out the mobile armor on her own if she hadn't hesitated. She needs to be able to take down big threats without such a hesitation, or it could cost more lives than her own.

As for Sleggar, I don't really like him, but I don't think he's much of a problem either: He seems a bit too arrogant to me, but it's not like he's actively detrimental to the crew.

On another note, it'll be nice to see the White Base going on the offensive for a change. It seems like they're always defending against Zeon.
Jan 6, 2016 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
HOLY FUCK WHO IS THIS BIG BRO SLEGGAR

DIGGING THE NIGGER ALREADY

and suddenly, this show gets WAY better with Slegga mah nigga

but we all know how this will end for him
fuck it

why do all the ALPHA MALES have to die
May 26, 2016 5:27 AM

Jul 2008
Lol Bright's jealousy can't be contained.

And Sayla better get her head out of Char's before she gets someone killed.
Jun 12, 2016 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
Episode nice not much for not spectacular visa fighting during the narrative, as to whether to re-take the pulse on what concerns the growth of the characters and relationships. The new character to be able to reflect on the chain of command, not bad. Too bad it lasted such a short the battle, the script was interesting.
Jul 24, 2016 11:06 AM

May 2012
A very solid episode! Let's see what happens next.
Oct 7, 2016 8:28 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode, not sure how i feel about the new guy though.
Apr 24, 2017 10:49 AM

Feb 2012
That new guy is an interesting addiction. He's capable, but pretty much is open about sexual harassment.

Amuro Ray Kill Count:
1 Mobile Armor kill this episode
40 kills total
Nov 5, 2017 9:33 PM
Jul 2017
Good episode. Sayla needs to do her job tho, gonna get someone killed with her slow response.
Aug 30, 2018 7:21 PM
Jan 2017
In what universe is charging straight toward your enemy going to make them less likely to hit you?

Other than that it was a good episode. Glad to see them back in space and not sure what to make of the new guy yet. He's probably going to be a spy or he'll throw his life away in a blaze of glory to save the white base like Ryu. Take your beats everyone.
Sep 28, 2018 1:11 AM

Mar 2016
I don't like Slegger Law -.-
Mar 15, 2019 1:05 PM

Feb 2017
Little animation mistake during the space fight: the barrel of the Gundam's rifle was present before the Gundam rotated around to "catch up" with it.
Sep 4, 2019 12:59 PM

Apr 2014
the new guy aint bad and he's bringing a lot to the crew but i feel like he's gonna be the next to die i can already feel it coming
"one step at a time"
Mar 3, 2020 2:26 PM

May 2018
I wonder how many episodes Sleggar will last xD
Apr 30, 2020 7:18 AM

Mar 2017
It's kind of funny watching Sleggar wind everybody up, even if he is a jerk. lol
Oct 21, 2020 2:57 AM

Jun 2016
Introducing Sleggar makes me wonder why. The obvious answer is that the crew has gotten too chummy, we need more in-conflict, and to bring in a bit of an antagonistic force right after the family episode makes much sense. He's initially introduced after Mirai's arranged marriage was brought up, and he is uncomfortably flirtatious, perhaps to push Bright to action. Following that, he's also questioning Bright's authority and flirting with Sayla. Beyond this, he appears to be the oldest member on the crew yet not the superior, all of which comes together to reignite some conflict. Not to say that he's a bad guy, he creates conflict but could properly join the family with enough time. His interaction with the boys at the end felt nice.

Following Sleggar, I feel like conflicts of interest were a notable part of this episode. Amuro has a personal rivalry with Char, Sayla is family with him, making both her and Char worry about hurting one another. In that way, Sleggar isn't the only initiator of conflict within the crew because the crew is becoming suspicious of Sayla. It all came together to feel somewhat uncomfortable in a good way. A small erosion of the sense of unity that has been forming.

On a smaller note, Kai continues to throw paper airplanes, that wasn't a one-time thing. I'm sure there is some symbolism there, perhaps wanting to be free, otherwise it feels like an innocent gesture of fun. On the context of death in Gundam, although Ryu's felt lackluster for many, I do appreciate the fact that the toll of his death can still be felt. Anger over his treatment last episode, or the kids wondering if Sleggar will be as kind as Ryu.
Nov 6, 2020 4:24 PM

Aug 2017
The battle was very boring but Sleggar is a good addition to the crew.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 8, 2021 10:42 PM

Jul 2017
Good development with Mirai and Bright, Sayla, and Char. The Bigro was interesting, basically able to do all kinds of stuff while everyone was distracted but getting destroyed once everyone got their heads together. Sleggar is a gross guy, a commentary on other common soldier characters.
Aug 2, 2021 10:06 AM

Oct 2012
Dunno why, but I'm pretty hyped we're in space again! I'm digging space battles more I guess.

I think it's honestly a stretch that the federation didn't use the opportunity to put more experienced soldiers onto the White Base. I know it was successful and they want to honor that, but it's still unlikely they want to keep it being full of greenhorns. At least Sleggar is on board now, but the dude is pretty annoying.

Sayla not being able to shoot the enemy because it could be her brother is a bruh moment. She became pretty much useless in battle now.

Char realizing that White Base is just a distraction is just another case of him being far too smart. But luckily it's too late now.
Aug 14, 2022 9:08 PM

Dec 2021
Like the new guy and the action in this episode was really good
Nov 7, 2022 9:22 PM

May 2019
Great balance of battle scenes and character interactions. We definitely know Sayla and Char care about each other, she said that he wants to get revenge on the Zabi family, but then why is he fighting for Zeon? I guess I'll find out. Will also have to see if White Base's missions are based on decoy from here on out or if this was just a one time thing.
Jan 14, 2023 9:15 PM
Nov 2020
Sayla is going to get someone killed with her actions. She needs to come to peace or decide not to fight if she is going to defend her crew.
Jan 14, 2023 9:19 PM
Nov 2020
skatensleep said:
Great balance of battle scenes and character interactions. We definitely know Sayla and Char care about each other, she said that he wants to get revenge on the Zabi family, but then why is he fighting for Zeon? I guess I'll find out. Will also have to see if White Base's missions are based on decoy from here on out or if this was just a one time thing.
Looks like he is sabotaging certain operations from within. Like when he killed the younger son of the Zabi family. 
May 13, 2023 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
this show surprisingly doesn't shaft their female characters for it being a 1980 show. and law is quite perverted towards mirai
Nov 30, 2023 7:34 PM

Feb 2020
pretty good battle this episode
these siblings though man haah Char can't believe the truth hmm wonder how long it'll be before they are face to face again

May 14, 11:10 PM

Dec 2022
okay Char is one bad SOB
getting pretty interested to see just how and with what result Sayla is gonna manage to wrangle him
haha this big comedy relief guy is something else

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

55 by Tivrusky444 »»
May 18, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

60 by Tivrusky444 »»
May 18, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

119 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 16, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 42 Discussion

Pheefa - Jul 25, 2010

43 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 16, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Jul 4, 2009

56 by CartoonVelocirap »»
May 16, 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.