Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 13, 5:14 PM

Mar 2022
Wow, I have so much respect for Miiko. She's chasing dreams while raising her daughter all by herself, and she's been an idol for 14 years wow. Though at her wits end with little hope of succeeding as an idol, she still stayed positive and held on to her dreams and carried her responsibility with resolve.

Her haters can say whatever they want, but none can do what she does.

I'm happy that she's starting to get the attention she deserves.
May 14, 1:11 AM

Dec 2023
Fie, bulling
Good ep, but feels like filler
May 14, 1:45 AM

Apr 2010
Turns out Kano got a couple signs on her tummy.

We can see them on the first MV that was released, we can see them on the figures that got released and.. we can see them on the live show they had on this ep, with people filming and taking pics.

It's 100% a plot point, she will get noticed.
May 14, 2:17 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to TiagoCosta
Turns out Kano got a couple signs on her tummy.

We can see them on the first MV that was released, we can see them on the figures that got released and.. we can see them on the live show they had on this ep, with people filming and taking pics.

It's 100% a plot point, she will get noticed.
@TiagoCosta Have you noticed any new interesting little thing? Also, have they released figures yet? I could say it pretty quickly, but hey, it's a bishoujo show.
May 14, 2:22 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to RobertBobert
@TiagoCosta Have you noticed any new interesting little thing? Also, have they released figures yet? I could say it pretty quickly, but hey, it's a bishoujo show.
@RobertBobert I never notice these things myself, it's the jp accounts. (they also saw the ''cursed song'' coming btw)

I already bought 2 figures, Kano and Mahiru's. Prize figures, the cheap kind. Full on scale figures, nendo etc not yet as far as I know.

But there's currently 8 events announced, both already running and starting next week, in Japan. It's being really pushed by King Records, I fully expect them to have scale figures lined up already, waiting to be announced.

https://x.com/yorukura_anime/status/1790290959202140169
May 14, 2:29 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to TiagoCosta
@RobertBobert I never notice these things myself, it's the jp accounts. (they also saw the ''cursed song'' coming btw)

I already bought 2 figures, Kano and Mahiru's. Prize figures, the cheap kind. Full on scale figures, nendo etc not yet as far as I know.

But there's currently 8 events announced, both already running and starting next week, in Japan. It's being really pushed by King Records, I fully expect them to have scale figures lined up already, waiting to be announced.

https://x.com/yorukura_anime/status/1790290959202140169
@TiagoCosta So, this is increasingly becoming a major multimedia project that they are going to promote as a real unit outside of anime a la Bandori or Love Live? I wonder how this will look, considering that Rieri is actually the only member of the group who has similar skills to the character. But one way or another, this makes some plot decisions more logical, which make more sense if you imagine that they are going to develop them as another project with anime lore.

Well, if these are not some kind of tattoos or symbols, I would not be surprised if these are scars from some kind of operation, which, as it turns out in the future, will show that her mother really took care of her all this time.
May 14, 2:43 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to RobertBobert
@TiagoCosta So, this is increasingly becoming a major multimedia project that they are going to promote as a real unit outside of anime a la Bandori or Love Live? I wonder how this will look, considering that Rieri is actually the only member of the group who has similar skills to the character. But one way or another, this makes some plot decisions more logical, which make more sense if you imagine that they are going to develop them as another project with anime lore.

Well, if these are not some kind of tattoos or symbols, I would not be surprised if these are scars from some kind of operation, which, as it turns out in the future, will show that her mother really took care of her all this time.
@RobertBobert I don't see them going that route, unless this smh explodes in popularity.

The light novels they will release will have a lot of content not covered on the anime at least, according to Yaku.

They seem like normal body signs/moles.

https://x.com/_sika1407/status/1789352712968245426
https://x.com/_sika1407/status/1789472681504669877
May 14, 2:51 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to TiagoCosta
@RobertBobert I don't see them going that route, unless this smh explodes in popularity.

The light novels they will release will have a lot of content not covered on the anime at least, according to Yaku.

They seem like normal body signs/moles.

https://x.com/_sika1407/status/1789352712968245426
https://x.com/_sika1407/status/1789472681504669877
@TiagoCosta Do you think that in this way they are simply promoting the anime project itself with the help of side materials and that’s it? It's really interesting with LN, though. Since Yaku is also the scriptwriter, I'm wondering if this will be an expansion of the original story or an alternate version of the plot. One way or another, whether these additions will be bigger fan service, as is usually the case in such cases, or will really seriously expand the plot, also depends on how they promote the brand.

As far as I can tell, it's just a mole near the belly button. So this could also be a regular original character design element. Unless in the future it turns out that she has a twin sister and they use moles to determine the relationship, lol
May 14, 3:03 PM

May 2019
It was a big risk for Miiko to reveal that she's 31, is divorced, and has a daughter but as some posters pointed out she was stagnant so worst case it would end her career a littler earlier than it otherwise would have.

As far as these 2 characters affecting the main 4, I'm thinking that this may be used to compare/bring up the girls' relationships with their parents, especially Kano's, down the road (yeah they did lightly touch on Kano's relationship with her mom in this episode).
May 15, 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
getting some Senchou's vibes was crazy, but overall it was a great ep, oc I would love to see Baba's happy end but maybe we'll get some real life hits at the end of the show

My Candies:

May 15, 7:15 PM
Mar 2019
First episode to actually leave me teary-eyed. And we find again another Jellyfish that JELEE helped swim in the night.
May 16, 12:55 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
So when she was singing the song Mahiru liked, Shizue (Miiko) said she was singing it kinda as a joke. I thought that kinda meant they were going a route that's kinda more like an idol who is doing this almost ironically? Or like... she wants to take it seriously, but has to pretend it's just for fun or she's not taking it so seriously. That's something that was right in line with what Mahiru was going through and I thought it'd be something really interesting to explore since a lot of people are like that, especially these days where everyone just seems to be so good at what they do that it feels not worth it to some to create and not be perfect unless you do it kinda "ironically" or "just for fun". As the episodes went on, it looked like Shizue wouldn't even come back and I was thinking, "Aw, what a missed opportunity to explore that a little".
What they did instead was not what I was expected, yet also managed to go even further than the scenario I imagined. I didn't think this anime was going to have room for such a scenario so I just didn't even imagine, but I'm really glad this was possible to put in.

Not only did they bring her back despite us not really hearing from her for so many episodes, but she came back with an interesting drive and holy moly she went through such a nice growth just in this episode. They went this kinda really awesome route of someone who's been working on her dream for a really long time and still has her drive and passion for her craft and her dreams, but also a beautiful love for her child. Yet the idea of her child being a part of the reason she wanted to just be herself was really lovely too. I've met maybe one kaigai idol who is a lot like her. She's from South America, is a little older, has a child, and is married. She didn't say on stage that she was any of that, but her performance was so awesome that I was compelled to go find her after to get a cheki with her. That's when I realized she was with her son and husband too! I thought that was really cool! It was really motivating too. Like... your dreams don't end once you settle down. And to see her family actually there supporting her and even taking the cheki was heart-warming. Her just being herself was really comforting. I hope Shizue Baba will enjoy just being herself with her child as well. It was also really awesome to see that she was working that hard for her dreams. She's really cool. I adored this.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 16, 7:42 AM

Sep 2010
I kind of wanted to see more of Miiko since the first couple of episodes, but assumed she'd never be depicted as more than the aspiring idol sticking her posters over Yoru's mural. -a stepping-stone for Jelee's future fame, as she put it. Nice to see that was not the case, and instead of having her just fade away after playing her part in the first couple of episodes, we get to see a slightly more fleshed-out character behind the idol persona. -unexpectedly, a hardworking single mom.

RobertBobert said:
@Ryushindai I don't think this is a coincidence. Lately, it's not uncommon for original shows to work quite deeply with the calendar, both in promotion and in episode premiere dates. For example, G-Witch dedicated almost every episode to the holidays or events that took place that day. Including Mother's Day, Children's Day or even Yuri Day, on which Licorice Recall also published a video about the relationship between Chisato and Takina at the time.
You're reminding me of how Madoka Magica's last 2 episodes aired on Good Friday (I think), or how Data A Live V's airdate was 10 April.
TakataMay 16, 7:46 AM
May 17, 2:44 AM

Sep 2010
Reply to Lanz
Not sure what exactly Mum was trying to achieve by running to Ariel but guess it turned out ok.

Presumably the next conflict would be Kano being outed as Nonoka because of the gig
Lanz said:
Not sure what exactly Mum was trying to achieve by running to Ariel but guess it turned out ok.
Daughter isn't where her mom expects her to be, mom goes looking for her. That's it. I thought she might send some of the girls looking for her daughter in her place, but that would have been completely wrong, and having Jelee placate her audience while she looks for her daughter, completely right.

"Saikyou Girl" pairs really well with this scene.

Also, this is probably a really common shot, but still, similar.
Episode 3:

Episode 6:
TakataMay 17, 3:14 AM
May 17, 7:38 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to stevejawbs
Timeline is a bit funky, but eh we'll go with it. The boys must've been bullying Ariel for a while, like at least more than 30 minutes. The clock showed 3:30pm when they left their comment and it's daylight, and when her mom reached her it was twilight.

Also, they already have a video at almost 1 million views?! Even if it's the accidental viral one, it makes their 100K follower goal pretty easy to reach at this point.
@stevejawbs depends on the months, in Tokyo, sunset time at around 4:30pm in late months
May 18, 9:28 AM
Feb 2021
THIS FINAL SCENE IT IS AMAZING!
May 18, 6:57 PM
Apr 2022
BEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
May 21, 1:19 PM

Nov 2013
Idol mom better not have a "Oshi no ko" type of crazed "u lied to us" fan.
May 21, 4:06 PM
Nov 2022
better than i'll hope
May 23, 9:35 AM
Nov 2022
Wow, I didn't expect Miko to be 31 years old._.

What surprises me is that despite having her daughter and divorcing her, she still continues with her career and tries to get it off the ground, she is admirable.
May 25, 1:41 AM
Jan 2021
Best episode in the series
May 27, 3:36 AM

Sep 2023
Unpopular opinion here.

I understand, that this was meant to be a mothers day special, but my god... Single mother worship? I actually had to check Japan's divorce statistics to see if this would even have any relevancy to real life and the answer is no.

Just based on Miiko's personality, it's very likely, that in real life, she would had been the reason of this broken family, by refusing to give up her dream to become an Idol. And just based on the fact, that we learn nothing about the reason, that's probably the truth. In most cases, atleast they make an effort to try and put the blame on the father, but not in this case.

So sorry, but for someone, who have actual experience with a subject like this, I have to say, that this is a disgusting episode. She was technically expired matterial for the Idol role by default and based on what we learned, she ruinded two other persons life, just to prove that she can do it. She failed her role as a mother.

This episode would have been better with Ariel in the focus as she's trying to give an Idol song to her Ex-Idol mother as a gift.
May 29, 11:05 AM
Feb 2015
ngl wasn't too sure about Miiko's character towards the start but enjoyed hearing Sumire Uesaka again
was a big surprise with what you find out about Miiko and respect for her went pretty high ahahahahha
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Aug 2019
^^ that is actually such a crazy comment "expired material" and so much more but I don't like arguing over anime nowadays; as for the episode content itself I am glad they dove more into Miiko's character since learning that she was doing idol activities AND still providing for her child made me respect her more
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18

124 by mtfunky »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

187 by LuisSV23 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kano or Mahiru? Episode 9 Poll ( 1 2 )

Royalty459 - Jun 2

53 by Hitotsuhan »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 4

221 by Ichigo_Magic »»
8 hours ago

» Fanservice In Ep 1

Comet1 - May 21

26 by Crimpstin »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.