Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

New
May 9, 7:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The wraparound band on the fifth and final volume of Akira Konno's Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo manga announced an anime adaptation on Friday.

Konno began drawing the supernatural comedy manga in Gessan magazine from September 2021 and ended it in the the May 2024 issue on April 12. Shogakukan released the fifth and final volume (pictured) on Friday.

Synopsis
In the autumn of his first year of middle school, Arata Kouda meets Kujima, a strange creature that sort-of looks like a bird. Since Kujima is hungry, Arata brings it home with him... But because of his older brother who failed his entrance exams, Kujima gets carried away by the situation and ends up freeloading at the Kouda residence. He says it's just until he makes it through winter, and the warmth of spring comes, but... (Source: Shogakukan, translated)

Manga special site: https://gekkansunday.net/work/4466/

Source: Comic Natalie

Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo on MAL
DatRandomDudeMay 10, 8:10 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 9, 8:29 PM
Dec 2020
I like the manga quite a bit, so this is great news!
May 9, 8:35 PM

Aug 2016
Nice to see PunPun is doing fine in another manga
:v
May 9, 11:22 PM

Apr 2020
For a moment I thought we're finally getting news about the 2nd season of "My Happy Marriage", lol.

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

May 10, 1:44 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Rimuru0001
For a moment I thought we're finally getting news about the 2nd season of "My Happy Marriage", lol.
@Rimuru0001 I don't think it's intentional, but it would be funny if it was actually such a parody, lmao.

But seriously, I wonder how crazy the original manga is. Judging by the art, this does not look like some kind of surrealistic delusional project.
May 10, 2:24 AM

Feb 2023
That's a funny-looking bird... or whatever it is.
May 10, 6:45 AM

Feb 2012
Kujima looks like some nightmare fuel, why would you bring that home if you find it outside.
May 10, 8:06 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ramkec
Kujima looks like some nightmare fuel, why would you bring that home if you find it outside.
@Ramkec the usual premise for Japanese surreal comedies.
May 10, 1:25 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Rimuru0001 I don't think it's intentional, but it would be funny if it was actually such a parody, lmao.

But seriously, I wonder how crazy the original manga is. Judging by the art, this does not look like some kind of surrealistic delusional project.
@RobertBobert
The poster with the sakura flowers looks almost like the one in "My Happy Marriage" that's why I thought it was about it before I read the headline hh.
Hopefully we'll hear something regarding the sequel soon.

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

May 10, 1:56 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Rimuru0001
@RobertBobert
The poster with the sakura flowers looks almost like the one in "My Happy Marriage" that's why I thought it was about it before I read the headline hh.
Hopefully we'll hear something regarding the sequel soon.
@Rimuru0001 Well, this was one of the two top shoujo anime of 2023-2024, so I hope they fully monetize the popularity.

More topics from this board

» 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Reveals Production Staff, Theme Songs, Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

6 by RobertBobert »»
19 minutes ago

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - Yesterday

12 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

20 by ExistingTM »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 21

15 by Rhae »»
7 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

46 by LilBootyCall »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.