Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 16, 2019 11:27 PM

Aug 2017
Well, at least Keisaku is dead in the end. The final battle was a bit underwhelming lmao.

Revisions is very rushed, it needs more episodes to explain a lot of things, the Revisions sub-plot was poorly explained and pushed aside in the end, they never explained why String Puppets can only be piloted by the main cast, Milo should have more moments, unexplored world from future, besides Milo, no AHRV's members except Milo's sister in a flashback, annoying start, some things that makes no sense, no enough development for Nicholas and the rest of the cast, unnecessarily complicated time travel stuff and wtf that teacher sexual side plot. I liked the use of CGI.

They hinted a sequel lol. 4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2019 10:10 PM
May 2017
I was starting to hate the anime after Episode 8 and 9, but the ending really made up for it.

Everything made so much sense in the end and Keisaku never really died in vain. Nicolas started out as what I thought was a pretty dumb and comic relief type of antagonist, but he ended up coming out as a very strong villain that surpassed my expectations for this type of anime overall. He's easily among my favourite villains!

Though I'd rather have the show just end there instead of the dumb cliffhanger ("We'll see Keisaku again one day... " - Yeah uh... how? It's been three months since you've returned and I'm assuming by then the String Puppets would be powerless without an adequate fuel source so you literally cannot do anything to rescue him).

6/10
TeslarossaSep 15, 2019 10:14 PM
Nov 4, 2019 8:11 AM

Feb 2014
This show really messed up my mind. With all those paradox, the seduction scene and the lack of seriousness to deaths, this show lost the shine it should've had.
Overall it was a good watch. 7/10.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 6, 2020 5:25 AM
Mar 2012
The world premise and use of time travel feels more unique, along with crazy reveals of Revisions & AHRV plans.
Having Keisaku-Nico show a simultaneous multi-time existence affecting the future and their shifting memories was quite cool. There's been some epic episodes since ep8, ep10 and others, so it improved once Daisuke hero fantasy got 'fixed'.
It did take way longer than I & other watchers expected for annoying mc to turn a leaf, but the character developments (of each kid, Milo, & even the coward teacher) build up was quite believable & satisfying to have.
Politics in crisis is interesting, but too much time arguing, and some retarded senseless characters like Mayor. These drive the forced plot conveniences, tho their effects were minor so I won't bother, besides losing the most sane leader Kuroiwa. Also teleport Daisuke's mech fully charged cuz Nico just feels like fighting him fair & square lol. I did like Nico's realization that certain time loops would occur & fate won't allow certain outcomes, just a very steinsgate feeling.
Decent CG, especially mech fights are at times awesome and well framed/timed.

Wish they expand on AHRV (we never saw much), Nico (where he's from, why low social class matters etc), how the villain sisters became the Revisions saviors etc.

Lastly, Revision has crazy plan to teleport many districts like Shibuya 400 years into future to "skip" the pandemic era, thus saving humanity. AHRV took advantage of this knowing this future, they just collecting data & not really helping Shibuya, and their prediction of Keisaku as mc was wrong. Problem is, if the unknown virus source district also gets teleported to the future, then pandemic will happen again, just at a delayed timeline. While AHRV might do the same but only teleport immune people (non-ancestors of Revisions).
Mar 15, 2020 7:31 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Daisuke look like Shinji and the mecha theme remind me of Evangelion
May 31, 2020 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
I really disliked the ending, it felt really rushed and poorly thought out.

The heroes where in what seemed an unwinnable position only for the enemy to weaken themselves to the point where the heroes had a chance by removing the threat to Shibuya and leaving a single enemy to defeat, not only that but then Nicholas (That single enemy) decides to bring Daisuke to a place where he can actually be stopped and with a weapon where he actually has a chance. Was Nicholas a double agent all along as he did more to save the day than any of the heroes?

Followed by the power of friendship saving the day and a bunch of comments setting up for the potential of a season 2.
Jul 13, 2020 5:47 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Man. It's been a while since I've just really disliked darn near a whole cast of characters.
This was at least watchable, but Revisions had the unfortunate case of having to be completed by me right after an anime that did everything a lot better. Whoops. Sucks to suck, Revisions.
But really, it just wasn't all that great. At least Daisuke got a little better. Idk. He was just so annoying for most of the show though. Like dang. And you'd think because he was so annoying that the rest of the characters would be easier to tolerate. Nope. They're just as annoying. Like maybe Lu is the only character who didn't get on my nerves too bad.
Then we just had these scenes that just screamed "this is a script". Like the one where the little girl comes up. Come on now. We're not two. This anime isn't made for those who are two. Let's go a little more deeper in our character motivations, turning points, and so on.

Watchable... but that's not saying much. Watching paint dry is watchable, but do I want to watch it? Perhaps not. I'm always down to give shows with this style of animation a chance, so it was nice to kinda give it a go. Still, urgh.

I'll give Revisions this: despite being annoyed by its characters a lot of the time, Revisions still managed to keep me interested somehow almost all the way through. I think I was waiting for Daisuke to change the whole time-- and I knew it'd be coming, but I wasn't sure when. I knew there was no wa they'd keep this dude like that the whole anime through but dang it sure took a while.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 4, 2020 5:05 AM

Jun 2020
Big f for Keisaku.

I had chills when it went full circle with Milo talking to kid Daisuke

Seriously tho that power of friendship moment lmao

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 12, 2021 9:41 PM

Aug 2018
Decent enough series. Mediocre artwork, but good creativity and plot. MC is still a miserable cur. 7.5/10
Jun 12, 2021 11:37 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
That was the STRONGEST LAST EPISODE I ever seen !!! RESPECTABLE AND AMAZING ANIME, I LOVE REVISIONS :) This is a HUGE step up from Ultraman (which is most comparable to this anime) with much better conflict, characters, and story! The disagreements and working together made this very entertaining (Really glad to see it's not just 1 good side vs 1 bad side, but there are INTERNAL DIVISIONS in the good side too) + LU IS MY WAIFU :) SHE'S MY FAVORITE (SMASHING CUTE LOOKS AND INCREDIBLE CHARACTER) Feel free to message me if you like her too! THEY WERE ALL GREAT INCLUDING DAISUKE WITH HIS DELUSIONS HAHA I could really FEEL HIM !!!!!!! THIS IS DEFINITELY GOING ON MY 10/10 FAVORITES AND REWATCH LIST :))) WITH how this anime was done, I feel it will be FRESH every time !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 4, 2021 10:01 PM
Jul 2020
ninka22 said:
was there some romance?
some but not important but still good
Sep 16, 2022 6:48 AM
Jan 2016
The character and story are really in shambles - not enough depth in terms of character complexity, plot, etc. The series has good potentials but unfortunately either falls through usual friendship power magic, or trying too hard to combine too many themes instead of investing in the story depth.
Nov 18, 2022 9:52 PM
Dec 2008
xtimotheus said:
The character and story are really in shambles - not enough depth in terms of character complexity, plot, etc. The series has good potentials but unfortunately either falls through usual friendship power magic, or trying too hard to combine too many themes instead of investing in the story depth.

I'd question your complaint. I think the story was good enough for the size of the cast and the length of the show. Not spectacular or anything, but pretty good. They did some interesting things with the main character and the setting. Obviously they could have done more, in theory, but not with this limited amount of episodes.

There was a mobile game released after the show and it was active for a while, but I never played it (only available in Japan).

Finally...complaining because a show has the power of friendship is...I don't know, a very edgy, juvenile type of criticism. It's a very normal trait that you'll find in many shows, even ones that I'm sure you do like, not some sort of unforgivable crime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Revisions Episode 7 Discussion

LycoReco - Jan 13, 2019

7 by joshiyomi »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:45 PM

Poll: » Revisions Episode 10 Discussion

LycoReco - Jan 13, 2019

6 by LoganSackboy1 »»
Apr 19, 2023 11:13 PM

Poll: » Revisions Episode 4 Discussion

LycoReco - Jan 13, 2019

11 by W_E-E_B »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:30 PM

Poll: » Revisions Episode 3 Discussion

Tarotist - Jan 12, 2019

7 by W_E-E_B »»
Jan 9, 2023 8:46 PM

» is this anime good?

GeoDamii - Oct 7, 2022

11 by Madonis »»
Nov 18, 2022 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.