Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2018 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, as usual Yuu had to deal with the weekly monster of the week.

This time, that monster has crystals although they don't seem like a big threat. If there's one thing about Yuu though, he's good at what he does. Just didn't feel like he was a well made character in the end as many of the other episodes easily outshadows his presence.

5/10. Really average show for me.
Dec 27, 2018 8:43 AM

Nov 2016
Cute way to end this show. I more or less enjoyed it especially the latest episodes.

I think it would be nice if we get more fantasy shows like this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2018 8:51 AM

Sep 2009
nice little series to pass the time but not something I would recommend.

score 6/10
Dec 27, 2018 11:34 AM

Mar 2016
It’s average but still worth the watch, I agree
Dec 27, 2018 12:42 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm gonna miss this show, turned into a little gem in the last half. A beautiful, simple adventure story with such a chill vibe.

<3
Dec 27, 2018 2:20 PM

Jun 2017
Gonna miss this, the last 3 arcs before this last episode really stood out to me (fav one is still the diva one). Sure, the stories were nothing grand but had good life lessons. 7/10 well earned in my book.

Too bad barely any people bothered to watch this. Oh well, at least I got another nice memory (and whichever little kid happened to see this while it aired).
MomoSinXDec 27, 2018 2:24 PM
Dec 27, 2018 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
I wasn't expecting to see Ultos again in this last episode at all, so it was a really pleasant surprise, I'm so glad for him now that he has his freedom! I loved to see him flying with Yuu again too. A pity that they only promised to journey together the next time they meet instead of doing it already, but I guess he really wanted to use his wings as much as possible. haha

The rest of the episode was great too, Yuu's growth was noticeable, and he was only able to give the first step and change because Merc was there for him, just like he was there for her. And we can't forget about Toto since he is really fluffy and cute! lol Loved to see that sequence with glimpses of the people they met on their journey in the end.

I'm going to miss this one a lot, the character and monster designs, the countries, the animation, it was all so beautiful! I wasn't expecting to fall in love with this one at all, I'm really glad that I decided to watch it, I had no expectations, but it became one of my favorites from this season!

I really loved this last frame:
Dec 27, 2018 4:17 PM
Jun 2016
I just love how they did the montage of all the people they met along with a brief look at what/how they are doing. Did you all catch Pumpkin Head at the general store in Yuu's kingdom? LOL Also, the last tidbit with Moja cracked me up. Overall, this was such a delightful treat. I really enjoyed the art style, the dialogue, and characters. This show was a great example of the KISS technique, Keep It Simple Silly. It was simple but they took great care to develop it in an appealing way. It got a 7/10 from me.
Dec 27, 2018 5:48 PM

Oct 2015
That was a beautiful place and that Chowvies was also very great looking. Happy birthday Merc! So Ultos has decided to journey for himself, I hope they meet again in the future. Although Jamo had very little screen time in the series I kinda liked him, and now they're going journey with his twin brother Moja it will sure get a bit interesting.

I'm hoping for season 2 although their trip in this season was worthless as they didn't recover Merc's memories (the very point of the journey in the 1st place). In the season I hope they will address who Merc is and how she got in that jar. Although the series went out of the point of the story, I enjoyed the adventures and encounters. The series had its moments and wasn't a bad watch, although in some of the episodes Yuu and Merc weren't that reliable.

What mostly I got from the show is enjoyment and that ending nostalgia music piece. 7/10.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 27, 2018 6:44 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
The latest arcs were really good, but I totally enjoyed this final episode the most! Mainly because it focused solely on Merc and Yuu. Ah so it was Merc's birthday~ Happy Birthday, Merc! And they will continue to go on a journey together as they've become such good friends. Even Yuu has undergone character development as he started kinda wimpy in the beginning of the series but he's become much braver after their journey. It's too bad that they were unable to recover Merc's memories. I'm going to miss them, especially Merc. She's just so adorable. <3

This series has been pretty sweet, and it's got some great character designs as well. Both Merc & Yuu have been through fascinating adventures meeting new people and friends (who have been the main focus of their respective stories). The OP song has become the full ED with the credits along with the montage of their adventures since the beginning of the series, which was a nice touch. Pumpkin Head showed up in the General Store! :D While Orthos is on his own adventure as he's sketching the beautiful Aurora from the night sky. It was easy to spot them both. I really wish Orthos would have gone together with Yuu & Merc through their adventures as well..

8/10 and I'd be happy to see Merc, Yuu, Toto, and Jamo...err...Moja xD set off in another journey! :)
Dec 28, 2018 8:01 AM

May 2018
Finally ended. I can honestly say that this anime is not what majority want, but this is what majority need to know. The kind of anime like Merc Story, is just like missing nowadays. An anime where the story is very lightweight, and can be enjoy by all-age audience, no fanservice and complex story, just peaceful day with easy problem. This is very fit for you who are a newbie in anime world.

Me myself enjoy every story in this anime. Maybe I'm just limited to know only what anime served, because I'm not playing the game, but I think that's enough to enjoy it.

Overall score: 8/10
Best Story: Eps. 6-7 (2 parts)
The title is long, so I don't copy it here (check the episode tab). The story about dad and his daughter who entered the dream world from cursed castle. For me, this story arc is very heartwarming, and win my heart.
Dec 29, 2018 9:23 PM

Nov 2009
This was an interesting series, tho nothing really happens.

And MC is basically not really the "MC"

In fact, he's just the "sidekick"

While Merc, who's in the Title, is the actual MC, and the story is basically about her adventure "Stories", LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 30, 2018 7:50 AM

May 2017
Weird, Yuu's mother seems oddly way too cold and indifferent towards Merc, didn't even stop Merc from going off by herself

6/10
Dec 30, 2018 11:19 AM

Jun 2008
This was such a nice and pleasant show, so much better than I expected it to be. I wouldn't mind if there was a 2nd season.

6/10
Dec 30, 2018 5:24 PM

Mar 2009
This was a wholesome and cute adventure show, and I wish there could've been more. Also wish that it could've focused more on Yuu and Merc.
Jan 1, 2019 2:26 AM
Apr 2016
Really enyoy this anime. My best episode would be the tomboy princess. The last montage about all people they meet during the journey bring back all the memories of watching this relaxing anime. Sadly I can't hear hai-na-no-de-su from Merc anymore.........
Jan 1, 2019 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
This just needs budget. :(
And maybe 36 more episodes.
Jan 2, 2019 8:43 AM

Oct 2008
I keep this show as a special place in my heart!
Such an underrated and under-watched show!
Hope more journeys to come..that is if we get S2! hoping!
4/5.
7/10.

Jan 2, 2019 6:59 PM

Oct 2017
I won't say nothing negative about this show cause I know this is not my type of anime
Jan 6, 2019 12:31 PM
Mar 2017

From what we can see, the pumpkin-head is alive!
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 8, 2019 6:36 PM

Feb 2014
started enjoyable but after the pumpkin arc it got very boring and uninteresting =(

in the end this was a 5 or 6
Jan 19, 2019 10:02 AM
Jul 2008
There're many unresolved mysteries like where's the dad, why humans are only in kingdom, and what Merc actually is?, nevertheless this is another fun anime from Happy Elements!

For those who enjoyed this anime, give a try to Last Period too. Merc Storia was featured shortly there.
Feb 9, 2019 11:58 PM

Jun 2011
Beautiful ending, really beautiful series. I love the adventure so much, the fantasy element also make this such an interesting series to watch because you get to see stuffs you normally wouldn't see in anime, all kinds of different monsters and city/cultures and their own stories.

Merc is mega cute and I like her "-nano desu yo" a lot. I am really glad Yuu is not impulsive, loud mouth type of protagonist too, that would've turned me off so hard, him being calm and not screaming every second make this series a lot more enjoyable to follow along. He's also not preachy too, he's just following along the culture in each cities he's visited, which is good, giving the series a bit of a good flow.

Would not mind a second season at all but I think it's not gonna get one, unfortunately. I could watch this series forever, though I didn't quite like the angel/sky island arc as much as it is fairly predictable and cringy.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 14, 2019 3:12 PM

Jun 2014
This was definitely a great series, and along with the great adventures, was visually breathtaking. After getting back home, Yuu, Merc and Toto are finally ready to go on another adventure. I can't guarantee that there will be a 2nd season, but one can hope.

LeonLanford said:
For those who enjoyed this anime, give a try to Last Period too. Merc Storia was featured shortly there.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely check it out.

Mar 11, 2019 4:52 PM
Mar 2017
Kind of an average show but still enjoyed watching it.

7/10
Mar 14, 2019 5:31 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending, quite liked the last few arcs and in general quite liked it. All in all a good watch..
Jul 10, 2021 6:22 AM

Dec 2008
Well...this show was a disappointment. I mean its not a surprise because they tried to make it monster friendly instead of SLAUGHTERING...lol. BUt the sotries felt so random and pointless. Lotta wasted potential and I dont feel many people would be into this, especially the oyugner viewers that the show seemed geared toward. Oh well. 4.5/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2018

14 by Atsunome »»
Jan 21, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2018

19 by LovelyTekki »»
Nov 13, 2022 3:44 PM

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

20 by Serafos »»
Nov 15, 2021 5:53 AM

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

15 by Serafos »»
Nov 15, 2021 4:57 AM

Poll: » Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2018

11 by Serafos »»
Nov 15, 2021 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.