Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 4, 2016 4:45 AM

Jan 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Good episode, but the half-assed deus ex machina to bring Kayano back to life was fucking retarded. Don't bother killing a character for tension if you're just gonna bring them back a few minutes later; it's awful and lazy writing at its worst. I honestly expected better from this series than something so dreadfully bad. And it just proves that the show won't have the guts to do anything dramatic like that from now on, so good job removing any tension from the last two episodes. Well fucking done indeed.
I predicted that that would happen, quite unfortunate.
Aug 11, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2014
I liked assclass for it being a unique shounen, and not a dbz shounen. So when that last fight was happening, I was pretty disappointed. I always did think this series never had 1 decent villain :/

I got some feels from this episode post fight though! Next episode oh no.

Also Kayano "death", I honestly didn't care, but not because I knew she wouldn't die. Because she is the only character in the classroom that I don't like, lol. I wish she stayed dead.
Aug 24, 2016 7:44 AM
Mar 2012
Sad to see Koro sensei regret he failed to lead his first student properly. Rip reaper 2 tho he became a monster.
Quite surprised Kayano jumped in & died like her sister since she's one of the most interesting girls. I get sensei's message, that he practiced repairing wounds & don't make mistake twice, but they had 44 episodes to foreshadow some kind of medical/healing ability. Oh well, too much feelz for the day, still got 2 episodes to go.
Sep 1, 2016 7:51 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THIS COULD'VE BEEN THE LAST EPISODE MANNNNNNN THIS ANIME IS ABSOLUTELY A MASTERPIECEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 3, 2016 5:14 PM

Feb 2013
This anime is weak!... couldn't even kill a main character.
j/k

Intense action episode. Dr guy went through the strainer... itty bitty pieces.
Sep 6, 2016 2:30 PM
Jul 2015
Kayano had been dead for at least 5 mins so she should at least have some brain damage.
Sep 14, 2016 5:20 AM

Aug 2010
When Kayano was hit my jaw dropped.... o____O

That's a better ending than I thought for Korosensei's first student's death. Sad that he didn't get to experience being a student under Korosensei after Korosensei has learned frm Aguri..

Dayum, what can you not do Korosensei? XD I've stopped putting in common sense into the things Korosensei could do and the science in this anime lol so I won't even ask how she's still able to come back to live again >___< glad that Kayano is back alive! (i need to see her with Nagisa before this series ends lol)
Sep 14, 2016 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
Really liked the fight, it was so intense, but honestly, fake deaths like that are one of the worst and most annoying things a show can do >_< That completely ruined this episode for me, which is kind of a shame because I enjoyed it otherwise, with Korosensei finding his hidden powers or whatever to defeat his student ... oh well. I wonder where this will go now that the fighting's done? :O
Sep 18, 2016 4:06 AM
Jul 2016
To me the most profound scene came when Koro-sensei stabbed Reaper 2. In fact, I believe that scene might be the most meaningful scene in the series.
Dec 30, 2016 2:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The best episode of this season, with a great fight, although this fight ends in only 1 episode :(

2 lefts to end!!!!
Jul 20, 2017 1:07 AM

May 2013
Lol. I knew he'd learn how to heal by now :}
Jul 26, 2017 2:12 AM
Mar 2014
Kayano...

Man, I hate Yanigasawa. Just when I thought he couldn't get any worse.

I like the soundtrack to this series quite a bit.

Koro-sensei and his first student got a final moment of understanding.

And Koro-sensei can bring people back from the dead?! Whaaaaaaaaaaat. Is there anything he can't do? I expected him to try, of course, but I half-expected him to fail at it, since she had been actually dead for a while and stuff.
Aug 24, 2017 3:16 AM

Dec 2012
No! Don't attack Hinano and Touka. Save them Korosensei.
Karasuma!
OH SHIT!
Korosensei is pissed.
SPLASH!
So long Yanagisawa.
Dat stab.
lol at 30 minute rule.
lol at the guidebook.

If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 6, 2018 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
God it felt so good when that asshole popped... And damn Korosensei can even reveive the dead :o Felt like the last episode once again, but two more to go.
Feb 8, 2018 10:05 AM
Dec 2017
hole episode awesome almost feel like i'm cry... damm those feeling feel so real..
Apr 29, 2018 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
My God what a ROLLERCOASTER of an episode. The DBZ fight, the DBZ power ups, the teacher/student feels, the focus on Koro-sensei's failure to guide Reaper down the right path, Kayano's death, Kayano's subsequent revival. This fucking episode was all over the place and I loved it. It is poignant to me that the resolution is centered around righting one's wrongs and preparing adequately to do so.

It's too fucking bad everyone in this thread has pretty much indirectly spoiled the narrative's proceeding direction. >_>

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 28, 2018 10:25 PM

Nov 2013
Kayano getting stabbed through the chest made my jaw drop. Wasn't expecting that from AssClass.

Such an intense fight only to be a letdown in the end. What the hell did Koro-sensei do to finish off Reaper? Felt pretty cheap.

Kayano being brought back to life was lame. Would've made it more interesting if she stayed dead. I don't hate her, but it just felt like a deus ex machina.

Would've been a perfect episode if it weren't for the asspull moments.

I'll still give it an 8/10 because that fight had me hyped.

Sep 11, 2018 4:36 PM

Jun 2011
MaryHelen said:
danieltortoisee said:
Good episode, but the half-assed deus ex machina to bring Kayano back to life was fucking retarded. Don't bother killing a character for tension if you're just gonna bring them back a few minutes later; it's awful and lazy writing at its worst. I honestly expected better from this series than something so dreadfully bad. And it just proves that the show won't have the guts to do anything dramatic like that from now on, so good job removing any tension from the last two episodes. Well fucking done indeed.

Thank you! If you're going to kill a character then kill it for real! Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly hate Kayano or anything, even if she is annoying sometimes, but the drama built from her dying would be way better than her revival... Well, as everyone has such high expectations for the next episode, I'm expecting it to be really good and not the disappointment that this one was...
I don't get why people insist on someone dying in a show at all, when there's no reason to. The whole point was never to show how dangerous this whole thing is, never once have I felt there's any danger to any of the students despite the superhuman battle going on right now, it was all between class 3-E and Koro-sensei. If you guys have been paying attention, you'd realize the theme of the show, and it was never kill or be killed with the students. I just don't get it, "good job removing any tension" / "if you're gonna kill a character then kill it for real" like dude, you serious? That was never the point.

Sure, it doesn't change the fact that it's an asspull but it doesn't damage the series as much as you guys would like to think, since that was never the point in the first place. You guys are seriously missing out on the bigger picture.

That said, since this was mentioned as one of the best episodes in AssClass I expected more. Nothing much really happened in this episode that have made an impact on the series overall.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 15, 2019 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
Hmmm... not gonna lie. The boss fight was pretty underwhelming in terms of execution. I feel like they made the villains way too overpowered. We already knew Koro-sensei was capable of firing laser/energy blasts but they took it up a notch in this episode due to Koro-sensei's rage. Whelp... the thing they did right though was Reaper's death. Koro-sensei realizing the error of his ways and finally acknowledging the Reaper.

Kayano being revived from the dead. Holy shit there's no end to Koro-sensei's abilities.

Overall, despite the heavy tension in this episode, I was disappointed with it. We still have 2 more episodes left. I wonder how things will go from here.
Apr 8, 2020 7:45 PM
Jun 2013
well that was a tense episode and koror was finally able to put his past to rest and acknowledge his mistake with his very first student.
Apr 20, 2020 2:57 PM

Mar 2010
I didn't expect Kaede to be ressurected... Koro sensai is a genious :O

The battle was better than expected and didn't think he would win.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 3, 2020 8:29 AM
May 2015
Atavistic said:

Exactly why do so many animes fear killing off characters I don't know. That explanation of bringing Kayano back lame!
Jun 4, 2020 10:40 AM

Jul 2019
I hate purely villains with no motivations like Yanagisawa with passion. What a sick freak. Thought shes dead for good tho damn
Jul 10, 2020 2:45 PM
Nov 2019
Let's be honest, Kaede's "death" came out of nowhere. Not only was it dumb as hell, but all it served was a convenient plot device to show Koro-Sensei's power. The Deus Ex Machina that revived her was dumb as well, because it made scientific sense. If that's the case, then wouldn't Koro-Sensei be more valuable alive? A creature that moves at Mach 20, capable of saving someone who's pretty much dead. Big plot hole, bigger hole in Kaede's stomach.
Jul 26, 2020 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
God , I do not want this anime to end
though plot armour game = 100
Sep 25, 2020 12:34 PM

May 2018
Holy shit koro-sensei achieved nakama powers! Man I can't but think of the worst... please don't die koro-sensei :(
Oct 17, 2020 4:48 AM

Jun 2020
Nice work Koro-sensei you were able to save everyone, and as for Kaede she was kinda reckless but it was all worth it I guess.

But still I'm not really ready yet so...
Nov 15, 2020 2:06 PM
Sep 2013
https://imgur.com/a/kOAOVYz

Yeah I think I'm done. RIP all the feels.
Dec 14, 2020 11:45 AM

Mar 2019
Amazing episode, again. Didn't expect Kayano to live after that, but in this series, nothing is impossible. Now please, do something so Koro-sensei won't die!!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 1, 2021 3:49 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
byebye ex student was a short fight. I kinda feel I know how this ends and i am not pleased

May 15, 2021 11:23 AM

May 2019
Did I just hear it wrong? Why that new shinigami want to learn from Koro sensei just because he saw him killed his father. He wants to be strong or skilled like Koro sensei because of killing skill? Then hate him just because Koro sensei didn't acknowledge him. What kind of motivation is that. That final boss also seems out of nowhere then killed again with happy smile. The villains are also never flashed out and they are just given with overpowered tentacles. I don't even know if this show supposed to be a comedy or drama. During my seating till this episode alone ,none of the scene even felt heartfelt or funny. This is just over the top ridiculously bad that I thought this season is going to be better. Let's see how this will end.

May 28, 2021 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
Korosensei is so great ahruerhaurhauraeurh
removed-userMay 28, 2021 6:26 PM
Aug 19, 2021 7:23 AM

Feb 2021
Welp Kaede and Korosensei both are okay and that's all that matters for now.
<(^-^)>

Even though the surgery was a bit off and senseless I'm happy nonetheless.

Reaper 2.0's story made me tear up a tad bit.

Shino had an underwhelming end but still he deserved to disintegrate through the 'human shield'.

EDIT: People will probably think I'm weird but I forgot to mention that during the surgery I noticed that Kaede is seriously hella flat lol not that I have anything against that, just saying y'know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DeonXAug 19, 2021 7:27 AM

Nov 14, 2021 2:51 AM

Mar 2013
I'd really hate to see even one of them dying in the story, especially Kaede.
Her grand entrance on trying to save their sensei was a badass and pretty cool move while her classmates are dumbfounded and hopeless of what to do against their strong foes. That white light to end their enemy was... hmm... great but a sad one as well.

Koro-sensei finally learned how to save someone from an injury, he deeply it regretted in the past of not knowing how to save one's life, but now, he finally knew how and Kaede is saved by it! Damn, this season is gonna end with my tears running. P.S. Kaede is most beautiful while her hair is down.
CrazyButNot4UNov 14, 2021 3:00 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 19, 2022 3:10 PM

Jul 2021
It was an amazing episode.
Koro sensei managed to defeat the two enemies he was fighting, but he is still not safe.
I was scared when Kaede was hit, I thought she was going to die, but thanks to Koro sensei she was saved.
asdasdsadad
May 8, 2022 9:57 AM

Feb 2016
I'm a little embarrassed -I actually thought Ayano was dead; I thought about the character development and the introspection it would drive, the evolution of the class to being more than a collection of mid tier, slice of life, cut outs....but it was only for a second or so -'cause then I remembered what show I was watching....
May 28, 2022 9:59 PM

Mar 2014
From recreating a hand outside of his cage to re-stitching a wounded student cell by cell, he could've been one hell of a surgeon
May 30, 2022 3:17 AM
Nov 2016
Oh no, not these types of episodes, I hated the Rambo operation in the previous episodes and this one is no exception, and now we have this with those cheesy emotional moments after a dumb death scene but nope, the author doesn't have the balls nor ovaries to kill main characters (other than Korosensei, he will probably die). I'm all up for emotional moments if they are done correctly, it's the thing I enjoy the most about animes, however, that moment was pretty shitty in this episode though.

First of all, it's 100% obvious that Kaede was going to get killed if she fucking fights someone that can move at triple (or more!) the speed of Korosensei so I didn't even feel bad when she got impaled, I cringed instead, this is bad, if I actually cringe on emotional moments then they really fucked up in my book. And then she gets revived 3 minutes later, yawn.

And those villains are shit, I said it before and I'll say it again, those villains are cheesy, boring, and shitty for all the wrong reasons. Korosensei and Ghost Rider dude had a history together in the past, and they didn't even talk about it, not a single fucking conversation, the villains are just dumb, mindless zombies that are evil just for the sake of being evil, no personality at all, no good motivations, nothing, they really fucked up there, I hate those type of villains, Ghost Rider is the shittiest villain of them all in this anime IMHO, boring.

I had this anime at 7/10 but for shit like this, I will reduce the rating to 6/10 instead. Let's see if the last 2 episodes will make up for this fuck up.
Aug 5, 2022 4:00 PM
Jul 2022
Cool episode, not really a fan of the Double Octopi Villains but I learned the most important rule for life.
The 30-minute rule
Oct 7, 2022 8:10 AM

Jun 2017
No way Kayano was gonna die after someone like Lovro turned out to be okay. Probably only deaths I am going to see are those of the two reapers. Decent episode but I wish that the villains had a little more character. I don't know why the scientist guy wasn't behind bars already. His experiments were responsible for both Koro sensei's creation and moon's destruction.
Oct 16, 2022 5:23 PM

Aug 2019
Koro sensei is the best 😭 I’m so emotional right now
Nov 12, 2022 5:57 AM

Nov 2020
What an amazing episode that was! Koro-sensei saved Kayano!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Sep 5, 2023 10:03 PM
Aug 2023
Don't get me wrong, I loved the episode, but resurrecting Kayano was a pretty big asspull. Sure it's physically possible because she ain't really dead until brain death, but storytelling-wise it was cheap. There was no real reason to kill her at that point other than increasing the tension, and there was no reason to resurrect her other than making everything fine again. Kayano has already forgiven Koro-Sensei for her sister's death way before this point, and she didn't rally the other students to help attack the Reaper 2.0, so again it was kind of pointless and cheap. If they really needed her to raise the tension at that point, a less cheap half-measure would have been to make her lose an arm or a leg, and made it unfixable. But again, I see no reason why it's even needed. The only real thing it caused was for Koro-Sensei to get motivated enough to kill the two baddies, which is kind of dumb because that just saying he wasn't motivated enough before.

If they were going to be so cheap with Kayano's death and resurrection, why weren't they cheap by having Koro-Sensei redeem the two bad guys instead of killing them? Yeah it would be really cheap to redeem them, but IMO it was just as cheap as to what they did with Kayano's death and resurrection. BTW Yanagisawa was gloating that he witnessed both sisters dying, but I don't think he was actually present when Aguri died.

If Koro-Sensei can do that level of surgery on Kayano, he should become a doctor and save countless lives of those who can't be saved by medical science. That's how he would get the public not to view him as a monster. If that's what happens in the next couple of episodes, saving Kayano would be less of an asspull, as it would be more of a setup.
Sep 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Aug 2019
thank fucking god she didnt die. that korosensei could save her was a bit of a dumb twist but actually made sense because of his past.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2023 12:56 AM

Nov 2023
A fight! What a very interesting and fun episode this episode to watch was
Feb 27, 2:36 AM
Nov 2017
Reply to Atavistic
@Atavistic I knew it has been years, but it baffles me how a story that is so explicit with it themes could still be misinterpreted like this. Kayano getting stabbed supposed to be a show of learning from your mistakes, and never allows it to ever happen again. Koro sensei's story begin when he failed to save Aguri because he spent too much time thinking about himself and how to kill people instead of saving them. Now he met the same circumstances with the same blood ( as Kayano is Aguri's sister) but the times he spent with the students, his ability to learn from his mistakes, allowed him to never repeated the same mistake again.
Apr 21, 11:49 PM

Apr 2024
Don't make me tear up over this goofball... dammit
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

471 by Mohammad7799 »»
May 13, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

320 by Dractune »»
May 12, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

127 by AnimeChusthaBro »»
May 1, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

200 by bubba460z »»
Apr 30, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

111 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 21, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.