Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 6:41 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Kazumi and Hatsuna? Alive?
I'm happy, but this is bullshit!!

I saw clearly their corpses and/or heads getting multilated, it's just impossible that they are still alive, don't matter what regeneration power they used (they still couldn't, anyway, in that state).

Oh well, this happened last time too (Badass Robocop from Elfen Lied been alive at the end even if he got ultimately killed).

Anyway, "happy ending" confirmed, I guess (Kuroha has no memories whatsoever now, probably because of her power usage, but that's not that difficult to handle, it's definitely better than being dead).
DanpmssMay 12, 2014 6:27 AM
May 11, 2014 10:57 AM

May 2007
Danpmss said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

I saw clearly their corpses and/or heads getting multilated, it's just impossible that they are still alive, don't matter what regenaration power they used (they still couldn't, anyway, in that state).

Oh well, this happened last time too (Badass Robocop from Elfen Lied been alive at the end even if he got ultimately killed).

Anyway, "happy ending" confirmed, I guess (Kuroha has no memories whatsoever now, probably because of her power usage, but that's not that difficult to handle, it's definitely better than being dead).

Yes, hell yes...Kazumi is alive. Hatsuna has the "immortal" power as well as being able to bring back life, that isn't too hard to believe. I was worried that they were dead for sure.

However, how can chapter 100 be the last chapter?? There are too many plotholes...how will they survive without more pills??

Anyways, I need to read chapter 100....trying to find it right now.
May 11, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
JCDRANZER said:
Danpmss said:

I saw clearly their corpses and/or heads getting multilated, it's just impossible that they are still alive, don't matter what regenaration power they used (they still couldn't, anyway, in that state).

Yes, hell yes...Kazumi is alive. Hatsuna has the "immortal" power as well as being able to bring back life, that isn't too hard to believe. I was worried that they were dead for sure.

However, how can chapter 100 be the last chapter?? There are too many plotholes...how will they survive without more pills??

Anyways, I need to read chapter 100....trying to find it right now.

I never said this was the last, I said that:
1- Those two are alive
2- That a "happy ending" is nearly confirmed by this fact (and so it was with Elfen Lied).

And also:
Hatsuna was obliterated - http://i.imgur.com/KYlchy5.jpg
According to what Mako said, if she pulverize her to a point that she can't even regenerate herself, she would die (obviously, why did I even repeat this detail lol) - http://imgur.com/n9Cjwde.jpg
Even if she survived, she wouldn't be able to cure Kazumi (or, if she would, she would be probably dead too).
And that's not the case, because her Harnest beeped (what normally indicates that it would be opened and then the Drasils would be released from it's host) - http://imgur.com/H6b200g.jpg
DanpmssMay 11, 2014 12:38 PM
May 11, 2014 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
Just tell me one thing..Was Murakami having monologue, or did that thing from Harnessed talk?

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
julyanMay 12, 2014 6:04 AM
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 12, 2014 5:23 AM
Apr 2013
Read all the Raws, had no clue what they were saying but how in God's earth did they survive. They were blown to bits. I wonder where the story can go from here, I imagine it will be close to ending.
May 12, 2014 6:24 AM

Jul 2012
Dimitrije1606 said:
Just tell me one thing..Was Murakami having monologue, or did that thing from Harnessed talk?

He was talking to her and saying that what she did was unforgivable, and that he would kill her for that, regardless of why she did or if she regretted and change sides (something like that). Welp, he did killed her, but not with cruel intentions (he even said "sorry").
May 12, 2014 11:07 AM

May 2007
My post got deleted lol....I've forgotten what I wrote but the link I provided was against the rules, didn't know they had any.
May 15, 2014 10:30 AM

Nov 2008
Dimitrije1606 said:

You shouldn't look at the raw when you can't understand... This manga comes out regulary so you should just wait for the translation lol
May 17, 2014 5:36 AM

Jun 2013
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
Dimitrije1606 said:

You shouldn't look at the raw when you can't understand... This manga comes out regulary so you should just wait for the translation lol

Well, there is no way I can do that when I wanna see what will happen next.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 18, 2014 8:07 AM

Aug 2012
Danpmss said:

I saw clearly their corpses and/or heads getting multilated, it's just impossible that they are still alive, don't matter what regeneration power they used (they still couldn't, anyway, in that state).

Well I guess that does make sense because I recall in earlier chapter (#74?) that Hexenjagd did mention to Murakami and his company about witch's "real body" being the creature inside harnessed, not the outside human core. So as long as the creature remain untouched Hatsuna is able to revive herself and other witches.

In #83 there is a frame showing that after Kazumi and Hatsuna were "dead", their harnessed still remain, that's why they were able to be brought back to life.
May 18, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
eeveelugia said:
Danpmss said:

Well I guess that does make sense because I recall in earlier chapter (#74?) that Hexenjagd did mention to Murakami and his company about witch's "real body" being the creature inside harnessed, not the outside human core. So as long as the creature remain untouched Hatsuna is able to revive herself and other witches.

In #83 there is a frame showing that after Kazumi and Hatsuna were "dead", their harnessed still remain, that's why they were able to be brought back to life.

Something is wrong here though. I also recall that in this very same scene, they also said that the girls were born monsters, and we can clearly see that Neko was in fact human from the beggining (she even recovered her memories).

Also, whenever that cilyndrical pokeball starts to beep, the content will be released imediatelly after (but you have an interesting point here too... like, why the creatures tries to go back inside the harnessed, even when the original host is already dead?).

Anyway, I posted above the page of this same chapter:
http://imgur.com/H6b200g.jpg

And besides, according to what Mako said, if she pulverize her to a point that she can't even regenerate herself, she would die.

Hmmm---
This scene can serve as a proof (in the condition of your statement/theory of what happened) or as a plot hole (my side, even if I hope to not be).

So yeah, let's see if we can get more information about the Harnessed first, for now, we can leave at this point (it's not like we have enough information either).
May 22, 2014 3:02 PM

Feb 2013
Jesus tapdancing Christ, thank Haruhi that Kazumi and Hatsuna are alive.
May 28, 2014 5:23 PM

May 2012
wow shit got real after reading the past chapters, I am kinda flashed.
Really want to know how it's going to continue
May 28, 2014 7:24 PM

Dec 2008
KAZUMI!!!<3

Danpmss said:
And besides, according to what Mako said, if she pulverize her to a point that she can't even regenerate herself, she would die.

Mako relied so much on her power that she all but forgotten how to use her brain. In chapter 71 asshole scientist responded to her surprise that Hatsuna is still alive with "she will not die unless you eject her", but of course when making another attempt at killing her Valkyria simply upped the power (despite the fact that it cannot affect the harness) and once again assumed that the result was gory enough to warrant death. And the scientist didn't thought much of it because a) he had more important things to do b) he already said to Mako how to kill Hatsuna so he probably assumed that Valkyrie did what she was told to do (he should know better by that time).
Also I don't think that the page you posted (http://i.imgur.com/H6b200g.jpg) was showing that the harness was about to open but rather that this stuff bubbling out from it was the proof that Hatsuna already started regenerating herself from inside of it.
Kazumi was a little trickier but I think that eeveelugia nailed it saying how the witches real forms are really those drasils inside of the harnesses. In theory if Hatsuna was able to regenerate Kazumi body and put the harness with the drasil back into it Kazumi should be OK. In practice it would be rather difficult, even with Hatsuna total tolerance to blood and gore she would had problems putting the harness exactly where it should go while focusing on reattaching Kazumi head to her neck and all the while melting herself... but it still is at least theoretically possible unlike some of the stuff we saw in previous chapters.
New profile design sucks.
May 28, 2014 8:47 PM

May 2010
How the hell did Ryouta threw himself and Neko back to the building??? For a guy who doesn't work out that much, that made no sense whatsoever!!!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 28, 2014 9:41 PM

May 2013
I knew that Kazumi and Hatsuna would somehow be alive, but damn, sucks that Kuroneko now lost her memories.
May 28, 2014 10:24 PM

Nov 2011
100th chapter!

GG Valkyrie. About time she finally died. Good to see Kana again but the real question remains if Kuroneko will be able to recover her memories after that.
May 29, 2014 12:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kazumi lives!

And as expected Neko forgot everything.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 29, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2012
"Who are you?"

Yep,it happened.
Jun 2, 2014 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
.....I expected her to say that at the end, but I didn't want it to be true ;-;

WHY?! This is too sad OTL
Jun 23, 2014 12:56 PM

Aug 2010
I don't give a f*** about what happened to Neko. Hopefully Ryouta doesn't go emo now <_<
Also hope he doesn't get obsessed with this memory blank Kuroha.

Anyway. All I care about is Kazumi <3<3<3
Jun 23, 2014 7:16 PM

Oct 2013
expected/10

Everything about this chapter was predictable as hell. I knew Kazumi and Hatsuna would show up after everything was all over completely clueless about what happened (it doesn't make sense it took that long for Hatsuna to regenerate and heal Kazumi). I knew Kuroha wouldn't die and would just revert out of the Kuroneko state. I am somewhat surprised, however, that she completely forgot EVERYTHING - including all of the events that occurred from when she met Ryouta to when she reverted back to Kuroneko.

My guess is that she'll be as she was when Ryouta met her. Kuroneko implied she used her MBH before but didn't know the results. This means that whenever she uses her MBH, she loses all of her memories - or rather, her memory is sealed away along with most of her magic... I guess that explains Kuroneko's reaction and insistence that she'd get to have a long chat with Ryouta. I guess she knew she'd lose her memory again and was trying to convince herself (and Ryouta) otherwise.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 26, 2014 2:52 PM

Oct 2013
I seriously feel kuroneko's going to die before she manages to get her memories back.. If that happens, I'm planning to go assassinate the author in his sleep.
Jul 21, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2009
Valkyrie is finally gone for good.

Dammit Kuroneko, we knew this was going to happen! Meh.

Anyway, time to celebrate the return of Kazumi and Hatsuna!
Sep 13, 2014 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
Well she is still alive so im happy
haha good to see hem 2 are alive aswell ^-^
[/quote]
Nov 15, 2014 5:39 PM

Sep 2014
Confucius said:
How the hell did Ryouta threw himself and Neko back to the building??? For a guy who doesn't work out that much, that made no sense whatsoever!!!

Adrenaline. Several years ago a normal guy lifted a crashed helicopter, that was also stuck in mud & water, enough to save his friend who was trapped inside & underwater.

Aaannddd she loses her memory again, how... original.
Feb 9, 2015 11:18 PM

Jun 2012
Lmao... I was honestly just expecting her to be like "Why are you calling me Kuroneko?" or something... not forget him again altogether.

As for the argument about this making sense... Karharot is definitely correct. You guys are just missing a lot of key details that makes this all make complete sense.

"Fatal" wounds mean nothing to Hatsuna. It doesn't matter how you hurt her at all... she will recover unless ejected. I imagine if Valkyrie had all but obliterated Kazumi, Hatsuna probably couldn't have saved her... but all she did was remove her head. Something that with an ability like Hatsuna's is physically incredibly easy to fix.

And as was mentioned many times in recent chapters... the Drasils are impossible to destroy using magic. And destroying their body doesn't mean anything; as we've seen many times with Hatsuna... like how she can survive after melting when she Hangs Up.
Aug 1, 2015 3:24 AM

Jan 2013
Ohhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt, all that progress is lost. That sucks!
Though it was already explained so it isn't unexpected.
Good Kazumi and Hatsuna are still alive.
Aug 10, 2015 10:15 AM

Jan 2014
Boom boom. This was predictable, but can't wait to read more aaaaaaaaa <3
Sep 8, 2016 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
I read Volume 10 and I noticed a lot of changes, especially they left out that Kazumi and Hatsuna survived. I wonder why the publisher or author decided to do that?!
Apr 17, 2023 10:56 AM
Sep 2019
LOL. She forgot everything again. First time actually laughing in this manga.

Also, as if it's really that easy to kill that parasite, just by stepping on it?
Apr 17, 2023 10:59 AM
Sep 2019
Danpmss said:

Your logic is bs. You haven't seen their corpses. The characters are part of the main team, they wouldn'T just die like that. It was clear from the beginning when Valkyrie "killed" them, that they would surbvive. Have you never read any other piece of fiction than this? Protagonists and main characters don't die, unless they benefit the plot or help keeping the protagonist alive. And if they die, they get to have a farewell with the protagonist and you actually see their soul parting from their body. If not, they're not dead.
Apr 17, 2023 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
TimeFliesAway said:
Danpmss said:

Your logic is bs. You haven't seen their corpses. The characters are part of the main team, they wouldn'T just die like that. It was clear from the beginning when Valkyrie "killed" them, that they would surbvive. Have you never read any other piece of fiction than this? Protagonists and main characters don't die, unless they benefit the plot or help keeping the protagonist alive. And if they die, they get to have a farewell with the protagonist and you actually see their soul parting from their body. If not, they're not dead.
Not sure you read the rest of the few posts in this discussion, so I won't even bother replying to something I already provided evidence nearly 10 years ago. The links for the imgur images are still all functional to this day.

If anything, your arbitrary logic about "Protagonists and main characters don't die" is what displays a bullshit reasoning from someone who didn't read or watch even a tenth of what I did, but hey.
DanpmssApr 17, 2023 3:03 PM
Apr 19, 2023 5:58 PM
Sep 2019
Danpmss said:
If anything, your arbitrary logic about "Protagonists and main characters don't die" is what displays a bullshit reasoning from someone who didn't read or watch even a tenth of what I did, but hey.
Really? Then please name at least one manga, where the protagonist dies in the middle of a series. 
Apr 20, 2023 9:21 PM

Jul 2012
TimeFliesAway said:
Danpmss said:
Really? Then please name at least one manga, where the protagonist dies in the middle of a series. 
The argument is that Protagonists and Main characters DO die, but if it is to entertain your idea, sure, I'll send you some examples, with spoilers, naturally.

Not that the actual protagonist for this (Ryouta) died at any point by the middle of this, just some of the main girls in the series, not even the central main characters, for starters, but hey, let's go with things that actually are the case then.

And can actually keep on going, but I think I wrote enough. Now go read more manga and watch more anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 135 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2015

18 by greed2 »»
Jan 22, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 166 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2016

26 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 13, 2023 5:43 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 154 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 22, 2015

20 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 127 Discussion

eeveelugia - Dec 18, 2014

35 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Chapter 97 Discussion

Danpmss - May 11, 2014

12 by -Arhael- »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.