Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2014 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WoW! \this guy is so weak compared to his brother. How he could ever think he has a chance to rule the world. Diluted as fuck. I also laughed at how Poseidon underestimated Athena while he was speaking considering how weak his warriors are.
May 11, 2014 7:29 PM

Jun 2012
Monad said:
WoW! this guy is so weak compared to his brother. How he could ever think he has a chance to rule the world.
Unfortunately I agree. Sea dragon is so underwhelming. I really wanted to like him. :(

And who was the genius that put Poseidons trident right next to a prison cell? But the better question is, if sea dragon could blow open a hole in the wall why would he wait 3 years to do so? And how did he survive that long without food? And if someone is wondering where I got 3 years from, because it's not actually stated in the ep how long he is in there for, I got it from Poseidons words. When Kanon awoke Poseidon he said Julian is 3 years old and Kanon was imprisoned right after athena's birth. So I'm assuming Julian and athena are the same age. Although, if they're not the same age then whatever.

Also if Poseidon can "wake up" then can't athena wake up as well? There goes all the saoriXseiya shippers. Well that's if the god takes over the body completely. Well luckily I'm on the shainaXseiya ship, so I don't care too much.
Dec 3, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
Kanons laugh was so bad.
Nov 15, 2018 12:11 PM

Jun 2016
I have to agree with the people in this thread. Sadly, so far Kanon is nowhere near Saga's level as a character or even as a fighter. Saga was intricate and awesome. He had this duality of good and evil and in the end he simply took another approach to keeping the earth safe, one that Athena did not take. Athena wanted to keep peace and love on earth all while protecting it from evil, whereas Saga thought that he could use power to control everything without care for love and peace and rather with that power he could keep the gods from vying for the land. That's righteous man and I love the whole idealistic battle between them and the speech Saori gave Saga. That said, I didn't like him at first! I was jaded and didn't want to. But, as it went on I started to love him. Kanon may seem one dimensionally evil as he literally says he is and has an evil laugh, but Saga seemed like that briefly too. Both are taking up the same role, as Ikki put it, both made use of the name of a god to obtain power but neither can be or ever will be a god. So, I'm hopeful! I have to admit I love how he visually shows weakness, whether he was confronted by Siren or in the illusion when his greatest fear is failing his mission and being inferior to Saga. Remembering back we also saw Saga falter and have nightmares about losing too, I like how the villains aren't afraid to show human weakness.

I do think it's weird that Kanon was able to morph the Sea Dragon cloth onto himself, that makes me think this is fated more than we're being told. Perhaps Poseidon knew it would play out this way. Either way, the whole Kanon manipulating Julian when he couldn't with Poseidon is interesting. It seems Seiya will keep getting up as it is what he does best until he can force Julian to use his full strength and he accidentally awakens Poseidon. :O

Love how Ikki whooped Kanon's butt. He confidently dodged him without breaking a sweat, grabbed his fist mid punch, mind crushed him when he was too slow to get another attack out, got out of his dimension like nothing, and mocked him the entire time. Got to love how gruesome Ikki's illusions become, and what they tell about the villains. This time, I think it showed both Kanon's inferiority complex to Saga with him losing to him in the manner he did and his lack of confidence in his actions. "God's anger has eroded on your body".

Also, I cant believe Siren is down. He didn't even get a death scene!? There has to be more with him.. right?!

Sol_Ou said:
And who was the genius that put Poseidons trident right next to a prison cell? But the better question is, if sea dragon could blow open a hole in the wall why would he wait 3 years to do so?

Saint Seiya is so silly but I'll humor you. I agree the trident placement is really questionable, I mean, really? I suppose the thought could be that since it's a cell that only a God should be able to escape from it's actually the best place to put it. Even if it's nearby no one but a god should have been able to break the wall.

I would assume Kanon couldn't break the wall until the trident called to him and probably weakened it or made him stronger, but then again Poseidon didn't want to wake up yet so maybe that's false. The only thing is cloths are alive, they come to the saints when they need help and they reject their own users in cases like Death Mask. I think it's very possible that the trident could have sensed Kanon and known Athena was reborn and with those in mind helped Kanon escape. It is some form of the power of a god and it could probably tell he was the type to unseal Poseidon after all. I could be wrong but this is my hypothesis.

You are mistaken about waiting 3 years. After Saga locked Kanon away it said shortly after that he gained possession of the trident and what followed. Further, cheating a little to be extra certain, the wiki says Saori is 13 and Julian is 16 so the math adds up.

This set up seemed overly silly and convenient but I'm actually really okay with it overall.

BlaizeV said:
Kanons laugh was so bad.

It is so cheesy and I love it! Death Mask had a similar laugh. It's like, can you be any more evil?! "HA.. HA.. HA.. HA.. HA!!!"
Apr 18, 11:10 AM

Nov 2015
OH! THEY REVEALED THE THINGY ABOUT SAGA IN THE ARC SANCTUARY! and seiya, Yeah. that's seiya's iconic pose with the bow in every movie now 😕 I hate it. 3/5.

Also he trespassed the jail's wall only to find a Maserati car dealership underwater, he worked there since then lol and want to be his own boss someday and not poseidon's. I find it amusing that poseidon would sell Maserati 😂
Berry-VodkaApr 18, 11:14 AM

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 22 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by Nill_oficial7boy »»
May 11, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 113 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

5 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 2, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 114 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Dec 2, 2012

23 by HikariShoumeiron »»
May 1, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 26, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.