Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2012 8:54 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seiya was just standing beside Hyoga saying "If this keeps up, the Trident will hit Hyoga!" And I was wondering why don't he just help him by shooting the arrow and go up @-@|l
Mar 4, 2016 6:32 PM

May 2009
All I'm wondering is why isn't Seiya going to save Saori while the others keep telling him they got this( even though they are getting pulverize lol)
P.S. still love ya Shiryuu!
Dec 3, 2017 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
I swear these guys are OBSESSED with sacrificing themselves for their goal. At any given moment they are practically fighting for the opportunity to kick the bucket for each other. Its actually quite comical, the melodrama is strong in this one for sure.
Dec 7, 2017 10:26 PM
Apr 2017
Well, the thing about everyone sacrificing so that Seya could hit Poseidon is nice, but very predictable.
Nov 20, 2018 1:15 PM

Jun 2016
I think I've gotten too used to Saint Seiya's absurdity. I remember laughing my butt off in the earlier series like the whole arc versus Ikki. It was ridiculous and manly and over the top! It's not like the series has become less so but I've accepted the absurdity as a part of it. I didn't even question under water talk. That is, until this episode. Seiya shooting an arrow at Poseidon, ripping it out of himself, and firing back all while his friends yell "NO! Seiya! Don't!" twice in a row and Poseidon mocking him with a confident smirk was what I needed.
But it doesn't stop there Shaina blocks the arrow, it repeats again, and then Shiryu does and all the saints stand in front of Seiya to tell him that he can fire as many times as he needs to and they will body block the arrow for him.

It's so manly for Seiya to rip the arrow out of himself already, but everyone sacrificing themselves for him topped it off. It's absolutely hilarious how it kept happening, but in a good way, in an over the top GAR way. It was a mission of lowly saints fighting against the impossible, a god, firing the arrow time and time again for their cause, for justice, no matter how many times it got sent back, they were all willing to die. That's great and such an awesome way to finally combine their cosmos through their just, strong willed actions, and attack together with Aioros.

Their cosmos will burn the brightest when they are pushed to the absolute limit and are forced to put all of their ideals on the table and test their resolve. Even Seiya crumbled saying he cannot hurt a god, but they refused to give up and along with that their gold cloths came, the gold saints looked over them and entrusted them with their power. Perhaps Old Master knows this and he knew them pushing themselves to the brink was the best way to save the world. To put trust in them and treat this as a trial.

I had speculated Siren didn't die! No, instead, he decided, probably inspired by Shun as well as his distrust of Kanon already, to change sides and go take out a pillar himself. That's so awesome. Of course, the ideal for a perfect world was Kanon's fake story to get them on board, it didn't have to do with Poseidon at all. Siren was the one who most adamantly stood with Poseidon for his beliefs but when he was forced to face Kanon and saw maybe the worlds not in bad hands by Shun he turned sides. It's awesome to have an enemy play such a big role and it's something I've wanted for awhile. I really like how expressive Kanon is.

Now the cloths are helping the saints but can they really do much against the awakened Poseidon who is thousands of times stronger than Julian? I think they'll have to get Athena to help first.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 111 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 100 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 16, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 97 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 22, 2012

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 98 Discussion

Albi-kun - Dec 7, 2014

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.