Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2013 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not impressed dude. We already saw that Buda trick from a golden saint, lol.
May 11, 2014 7:43 AM

Jun 2012
This Krishna is putting up a good fight, I thought all of the marine shoguns were going to be scrubs since seiya said that they only had a tenth of the power of the gold saints, but I guess there is still hope for the marine shoguns.

And I really dislike how the saints "forget" to use the seventh sense. Why can't they remember to imbue each of their attacks with the seventh sense?
Apr 29, 2018 6:53 PM
Nov 2017
Chrysaor seems to be a strong dude, even without his Lance. Can't wait to see his unnarmed fighting style!

Also Shiryū is by far the most damaged Athena's saint so far. He gets cut, stabbed, fractured, blind and even thrown to the Earth's ground from outer space. Lol!
May 9, 2018 4:52 AM

Jun 2016
Wow, I'm very impressed with this episode!

As honestly boring as Scylla was, they revealed themselves to have a strong resolve even if in the end they were an idiot who showed all their cards for the sake of it. Everyone always tells Shun that his naivety will get him killed one day, but I've yet to see Shun forced to learn from that and actually fight with the intention to kill for once. It may go against his core characteristic of compassion, but I think it would be an interesting development regardless.

The pillars collapsing are such satisfying set pieces to end the fights on! The world rumbles and all the saints look to the collapsing pillar in the distance with both inspiration and relief that their friend did it. They're quite the powerful imagery.

Krishna may look the stupidest, however he is the first notable general in competency. His words on how he's fighting for 'good' are reminiscent to some of the gold saints in the past. As that may be something we've heard before, his actions tell another story. Normally Saint Seiya characterizes its cast with backstories and long dialogue, Siegfried and Krishna seem to be exceptions. Krishna took it easy on Shiryu to see what he was made of, told him he would remember his name in appreciation for his spirit, and wanted to kill him before he lost his pride as a warrior. I'd say Krishna is a warrior through and through, one that values fighting and a warriors spirit and pride. For that, and for the fact that these generals have a chance to actually survive unlike the God Warriors, I thought that Krishna may step down once he recognized Shiryu's spirit.

Shiryu coming through with another fight that he gets naked in and sacrifices it all! Seriously, I think Shiryu should poke his eyes out again and always fight naked. On an actually more serious note, his fights always have the most strategy which is a blast to watch. Because of Krishna's lance, he immediate reasoned to get in, block it, and take the lance out.
I love the development of our cast and how the gold saints impacted them, Shura looking over Shiryu as an eternal star is amazing. I couldn't help but shout in excitement when I realized that Shura left Shiryu with his Excalibur, he blessed him with the sword because he was so moved by Shiryu's devotion to Athena, something he thought he held the crown to. Shiryu now has the sword that slices everything and a shield that blocks everything. That's quite the pair. It makes sense how he would need to use his seventh sense to use the Excalibur with how they need to reach it to have their armor use the gold saints strength as well.

Sol_Ou said:
I really dislike how the saints "forget" to use the seventh sense. Why can't they remember to imbue each of their attacks with the seventh sense?
It's my understanding that the Saints don't activate their seventh sense on will, rather they reach it when they're fighting at their best with the firmest resolve they can muster, they don't 'forget' how to use it, rather they have to manufacture it. I'm sure it breaks this rule at times, but I think it manages to follow it in concept. Shiryu in this episode removed his armor to push himself further and thus allow him to burn his cosmos even further and therefore be able to use his seventh sense and the Excalibur properly.
Dec 8, 2019 7:10 PM

Feb 2015
I haven't been really commenting on any of the episodes but so far I'm really enjoying this arc, the fights are done a lot better imo and it's nice to finally see each of the saints evolving and using new skills.
Oct 13, 2023 6:33 AM

Jan 2019

That's line straight out from teenager with Chuunibyou syndrome xD
Apr 20, 8:07 PM
Jun 2023
i still dont get how shura that is dead, can talk with Shiryu. How he got this upgrade on his right arm? Just for defeating shura? Saint seiya is like megaman now that a saint can get a upgrade defeating a villain?
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Nov 2015
oh he won? I wasn't paying attention.

DAMN THESE GUYS ARE FUCKING STUPID.
also it looks weird that you could bent like that with an armor, it looked good on virgo but here the dude has his feet bent on like he was using spandex instead of an golden armor 2/5.

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 22 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by Nill_oficial7boy »»
May 11, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 113 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

5 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 2, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 114 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Dec 2, 2012

23 by HikariShoumeiron »»
May 1, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 26, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.