Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
AbemaTV streams this.

This is hilariously though seeing Iris being fascinated with Kazuma while her knight Claire tries to get in the way. Jokes aside, I like how this episode's humor came from the Kazuma's party members too, namely Darkness. It's just hilarious Kazuma gets caught in another misunderstanding when he wakes up in bed shirtless. This was a hell of an experience for him and Iris though. Feels like they both got the most from this relationship in the most Konosuba-way possible.
Apr 24, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Poor Kazuma... always getting tangled up in things, lol.

Princess Iris, who was supposed to dine and part ways at Darkness's mansion, ended up taking Kazuma with her through teleport and brings him to the royal castle. Initially surprised, Kazuma, after hearing the circumstances from Princess Iris's retainer and educator, Rain, agrees to become Iris's conversation partner. Iris listens with sparkling eyes to Kazuma's various anecdotes and stories. Despite the efforts of Claire, the retainer and bodyguard, to stop the conversation, resistance proved futile... It was at that moment, an alarm for the Demon King's army rings throughout the capital city.

Iris steps into the role of the long-awaited imouto-chan for Kazuma, fitting perfectly into the expected harem archetype. Raised in seclusion due to her royal status, she longed for friendship above all else. Her first encounter with Kazuma last episode made her out to be cold, composed demeanor, because of her upbringing in royalty. This is especially evident through her bodyguards, Claire and Rain, who remain suspicious of Kazuma's true identity. Though of course, as the meeting progressed last episode, it became clear to them that Kazuma is not the renowned warrior they initially believed him to be, but rather, it is his team who holds the true fame.

Looks like things are actually getting pretty serious in Konosuba for once? Count me in!

Apr 24, 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
Kazuma teaching Princess Iris some crazy nude stories of Darkness, that's not what she should be listening lols, but she is shielded too much within the kingdom walls alongside Claire.

So, what happened was Iris teleporting Kazuma to her castle, which Kazuma debates with Rain about her qualms, and the princess wanting Kazuma's attention on her for humour, he's glad to become her friend to talk about everything and anything under the sun. But the Devil King's army always likes to court trouble with her kingdom, which Iris cannot rest well, and Kazuma...can't quite live without the goons either, much less protect Iris. But her inkling that she sees Kazuma as her older brother, he sure LOVES it very much to be willing to stay and become her playmate. Kazuma willing to play chess with Iris, and he ends up losing embarrassingly to her, only to win a game by the dead of the night.

Another day, and Kazuma still does his usual, but is met by the goons wanting him back home in Axel. The desperation on Kazuma's face is just unparalleled, but at least Iris holding himm a farewell banquet...it's better than nothing. But pairing Darkness with other suitable candidates, Kazuma sure gets the raw short end of the stick, even if it meant teasing Lalatina in front of nobles. Still, Iris is going to miss him dearly after he's gone the next day, and the only way to do so is by her becoming an adventurer...a rogue noble thief rather, that has suppressed nobles around, and he wants to take on the job to arrest this thief so that Iris can see him in action.

Shucks...calling Kazuma to lead the charge, it's not what he wanted lols. You just suck and sink deeper, Kazuma.
Apr 24, 8:27 AM
Jun 2020
Kazuma finally met someone who isn't disfunctional or a jerk.
Apr 24, 8:32 AM

Apr 2010
Kazuma enjoying a good thing for to long is not a good thing because you know terrible things will start to happen.
Also his behaviour in the bedroom was nothing else but bad manners, it was funny that he was scolded by Darkness tho.
The princess seems to like him a lot but he might not be good for her education.
Apr 24, 8:40 AM

Feb 2021
The OP is actually super well animated, nice.
THE POWER OF ONII-CHAN LET'S GOOOOO
Kazuma and Iris' relationship is actually really wholesome? If you look at it in one way? lol. Guess she'll reappear as an adventurer in the future.
Oh hey, the cut-off messages after the ED are back! Season 2 didn't have them iirc.

Edit: Season 2 did have the cut-off messages too, my bad. Also It's kinda weird how the leaked episodes 1 and 2 didn't have the OP, ED and the messages after the ED.
EmbientApr 24, 8:49 AM
Apr 24, 8:42 AM

Mar 2021
Such an hilarious episode I love how adorable Iris is when she is listening to Kazuma's stories.
Apr 24, 8:46 AM
Jul 2022
That ending scene tho

Awkward…
Apr 24, 8:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Claire really is a tad overprotective of Iris. Though i guess from what Rain said Iris is normally one that doesn't have much opportunity to have things her way. Kazuma though sure looked like he was enjoying living the high life at the castle. Pretty sure Kazuma's little surprise for Mary would get him in trouble though. Darkness's expression was the perfect counter for him there though. The darkness reaction at the banquet was hillarious. Being stationed at the one house of that one noble that hates you though what rotten luck. The tadpole in the ending theme was pretty amusing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 8:49 AM
Sep 2021
Kazuma got himself wrapped in a very unneeded business, let's see how he & his gang resolve it.
Apr 24, 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
This shot is crazy.

Even crazier that they repeated it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 24, 8:58 AM
Dec 2023
How are the jokes so funny in EVERY single episode?
Fantastic production team!
Apr 24, 9:07 AM

Dec 2023
Iris likes Kazuma for the same reason Darkness does. I guess that love for degeneracy runs in the royal family.

Kazuma got himself in a bad situation and he deserved it.
Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Oct 2019
PEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Dec 2022
Women. One minute, they're pretending to bear your children. Next minute, they're grappling you in front of a crowd!

My boy Kazuma can sure put a smile on the face of the young Princess Iris with some cultural stories. No doubt he'll be a bad influence on her, but points for getting a princess to call you Onii-chan. All these asshole nobles going after Miss Lalatina Ford don't stand a chance. Can't wait to see how this job for the scumbag mustache dude goes.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Apr 24, 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
Episode definitely had that Konosuba-chaotic energy to it for sure. The amount of screaming for its humor with Kazuma's voice in particular does make the episode feel very grating at times again (way more noticeable in this season than when I rewatched it), but it wasn't a bad episode still by the end. Kazuma and Iris' relationship compared to the amount of crazy people present in the series is actually fairly down-to-earth in a weird way, even if for Kazuma, she was a little sister trope he was missing in his 'adventure' in the early parts of the episode. Lowkey admirable that Iris admires Kazuma for the 'bad' reasons more than anything, but also makes sense given the amount of restrictions she has in her current lifestyle with retainers and others being overprotective of her.
Apr 24, 9:20 AM
Nov 2022
Very funny, I'm loving the direction it's taking, they tell something about the world and boom! a stupid and hilarious situation, Konosuba AOTY 🚬
Apr 24, 9:21 AM

Jul 2011
At least Iris was having fun.

My dear Eris who art in Heaven, and Aqua that is eating at couple tables that way. What abomination, sushi with flan on top, topped with wasabi and soy sauce.

I like the Darkness marriage sub-plot that comes up sometimes.
Apr 24, 9:22 AM
Aug 2022
The bro, sis relationship between Kazuma and Iris is really wholesome (For the most part) I hope we see more of it
Apr 24, 9:24 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Whatever this show touches, it turns to gold xD.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 24, 9:32 AM
Jul 2023
Iris bring out kazuma’s worst personality to full display.
Apr 24, 9:39 AM

Feb 2014
Typical of Kazuma to take advantage of being at the royal castle by acting like a spoilt and indulgent fool and I'm all for it as his chaotic and silly antics kept me laughing for the whole episode!

For the most part, he got along really well with Iris, who he was able to have her call him "Onii-chan" before his habits made her change that to "Onii-sama" instead. Despite that, it was nice to see Iris telling him on the balcony about how she enjoys being around him during his time at the castle.

One thing led to another and now Kazuma and his friends now have to track down and catch a thief that no one else in the capital can catch. It doesn't matter if this will be easy or difficult (definitely the latter), but as long as his ragtag group keeps me laughing, then that's a victory in my eyes. =)
Apr 24, 9:52 AM
Feb 2020
One of the best episode ngl, I love the animation and the voice acting even the soundtrack fits the scene lol, totally peak❤️‍🔥

Only probpem is
its just the episode was fast pace too much, there were lots more wholesome scene that had been digested into, instead Kazuma just voice told it. Im just a little bit dissapointed about that but still they did a goodjob on animating every scene. Still a 10/10 for me.

Btw I suggest reading the KonoSuba LN volume 6 for more wholesome moments that had been skipped or had been digested.
Apr 24, 10:08 AM

Jan 2018
Bruh I didn't think this meme was real lmfao.

Kazuma was lazing around in the castle with Iris while his companions were doing God knows what. I'm so glad they came to him to pick him up otherwise he never would've left lmao.

Lalatina just looks so freaking good in that noble outfit. She looks and acts like a completely different character.

Leave it to Kazuma to make up an excuse to stay behind. But his plan backfired in a great way.

Ngl, this is going to be an interesting change of scenery. So glad Darkness and the others are with him to catch the thief. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 24, 10:11 AM

Oct 2017
Kazuma living the life of his dreams, didn't last long though even though he tried hard to extend it. The princess was quite adorable this time. Lalatina's affair with Kazuma still going strong.
Apr 24, 10:18 AM

May 2020
It's very unsettling seeing Darkness act so elegantly lol. By the way, she had a chance of returning to a normal lifestyle by marrying the so-called prince, albeit unwillingly, but hey, as if mister nasty would've let that slide. Sasuga Kazuma, for revealing those "intimate" secrets.

They played that Sebas-chan segment TWICE, being very intentional at that lol. Anyways, Kazuma wanted a way to stay back, and he did get it.. though not where and how he would've liked.

Also little Iris, please become a good judge of character lol.
Apr 24, 10:26 AM
Feb 2020
The art annoys me slightly, but the plot is great and still funny
Apr 24, 10:35 AM

May 2021
god i love konosuba, can't believe ppl were shitting on this and calling it unfunny on twitter.

Apr 24, 10:38 AM
May 2012
Great episode, Kazuma really makes konosuba something else, a character that is written really well feeling truly human with so many flaws one can barely count them all which further makes the whole series fun to watch as the other characters who each have their own unique personalities interact with the mess called Kazuma dropping their own facades and showing their own little flaws.
Apr 24, 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
@EastIndiaCompany I don't feel I'm overreacting to this, not that there is much to overreact or over-analyze here. What I mentioned here isn't very complex or 'deep' plot-wise, it's just a nice change of pace that I liked here for a brief spell, and I'm not even a big fan of the series in general.
Apr 24, 10:55 AM

Nov 2023
Poor kazuma, but he enjoyed his stay at iris's castle.

Very funny episode and some cringe too.

Let's see how the next episode goes.
I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time
Apr 24, 11:04 AM

Feb 2019
Another hilarious and actually pretty wholesome episode.

Iris and Kazuma get on so well and their moments together were never dull. It’s nice that Iris finally has someone who treats her like a normal person and with whom she can be herself. For Kazuma, having someone that looks up to him as an older brother figure and just the general blissful days of living in a castle were so good he understandably didn’t want them to end.

Too bad his plan to stay at the castle by investigating the serial thief in the area came crashing down 😂. This is why you never burn bridges because you never know when you’ll need to work with someone. Now he and the gang have to stay with the noble whose house they destroyed last season.

As usual way too many funny moments in this episode to highlight them all, but the staff snapping on Kazuma’s design during those wake up scenes had me dying, also darkness breaking Kazuma’s bones when he tried defending her from the suitors. It’s so funny seeing Darkness act all proper and dignified knowing how much of a degen she is. She’s going to be great in this season.

Can’t wait for the next episode for more of these idiots.
Marinate1016Apr 24, 12:21 PM
Apr 24, 11:14 AM
Feb 2020
@EastIndiaCompany I sincerely apologize for conflating 'plot' with 'set-up'. It was a profound error on my part. Clearly, I have not pursued my studies of the English language beyond the rudimentary level. It is lamentable. I should refrain from indulging in anime, as I have demonstrated a propensity for conflating such elementary concepts. To lack an understanding of what constitutes a plot! Astonishing, considering the extent to which I believed myself knowledgeable. This is utterly deplorable! I ought to terminate my existence at the earliest opportunity. Might you be so kind as to lend me a knife?
Apr 24, 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
Of course Kazuma would abuse the ability to live a bit longer at Iris’ castle, and all because she called him Onii-chan 💀💀

They really repeated that over-exaggerated “morning coffee” segment twice LMAO this dude is something else. Poor butler being misnamed both times lol.

Kazuma attempted to prolong his stay even further by declaring his intention to pursue that thief, but that backfired lol. Looks like he bit off more than he can chew.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 24, 11:40 AM
Apr 2024
Is there's anyone knew who voice actor behind maid (mary) in eps 3?
Apr 24, 12:38 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This kind of comedy vibe is just something Konosuba does better than any other anime
Apr 24, 12:46 PM
Feb 2022
this was very cool :thumbsup:
Apr 24, 2:21 PM
Oct 2021
very funny episode
Apr 24, 2:24 PM
May 2023
Im cofused, why was kazuma exicited when hearing abt the noble theif?
Apr 24, 2:30 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahaha of course Kazuma has a terrible behavior with the little princess... and now they're stuck in that noble mansion because they need to catch the thief xD
Apr 24, 2:33 PM
Nov 2020
FMmatron said:
This shot is crazy.

Even crazier that they repeated it.

Ikkk I was dying 😭😭😭
Apr 24, 2:48 PM
Dec 2021
Tell her no, Iris!
Apr 24, 2:55 PM
Nov 2019
So the noble thief is definitely Chris(Eris?) right? Not a LN reader but it feels like its her.
Apr 24, 3:08 PM
Feb 2020
@EastIndiaCompany You can cry and spam as much hate as you want dude, your crap Naruto and DBZ isn't as good.

Keep coping.
Apr 24, 3:08 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Dabbingpotato
Im cofused, why was kazuma exicited when hearing abt the noble theif?
@Dabbingpotato Because he can stay in the capital while trying to catch the thief.
Apr 24, 3:11 PM

Jun 2023
Kazuma, let’s continue that towel story
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Apr 2010
I hate this whole arc. When will it over?
Apr 24, 4:25 PM
Jun 2020
EastIndiaCompany said:
@Wwwwat bro no one on social media is raving about this story's plot. Only mal. Which has become nothing more than a glorified viewership meter and how many viewers can spam 10. Only on mal terrible isekai like tensura get rated higher than classics naruto shippudden and dragon ball z. And only on mal do terrible isekai get treated equivalent like citizen Kane. Also only on mal doe isekai fanbases cockblock you from liking non isekai shows. Cuz mal just shows you a score. But people can't easily share images nor are there articles on the plot. So people get no interest from images. They only see a score. And people are too stupid to know how mal scores work and how it mal lost all credibility to recency bias.

Konosuba hasn't dropped the ball hard like tensura nor have soccer moms after it like mushoku. But the facade can only last so long before reception flips like spy x family.

Do you gets tired of being wrong? What else should I expect from a "Oshi no Ko" fan?...
Apr 24, 4:39 PM
Jun 2020
Reality hurts, doesn't it? You get used to it.
Apr 24, 5:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was expecting Iris to be more sadistic and not let Kazuma go, but it was actually Kazuma who didn’t want to leave because he was enjoying the high life lol, I shoulda known better. And his time with Iris was a mix of goofy and wholesome, several good bits in there like the big brother scene and Claire getting pissed at him was funny as well, but unfortunately for Kazuma his time was cut short by Darkness, Aqua and Megumin coming for him, but not before a farewell party which also had its share of good bits, I think the funniest was when Kazuma pushed the wrong buttons with Darkness in front of those nobles lol.

And thanks to Iris letting Kazuma know about a thief in the area he now gets to stay even longer, although not at the castle unfortunately lol, I look forward to seeing them catch this thief, I have a feeling I might know who it is but we shall see.
TheColonel76Apr 24, 5:34 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8

155 by KaneryU2 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 15

171 by SeventeenJebs »»
4 hours ago

» Darkness hasn't been as slutty this season.

Rally- - Yesterday

14 by Brandis_king »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zetjex - Mar 29

207 by YushaGledek97 »»
Today, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1

122 by Rasco »»
Yesterday, 4:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.