Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 26, 2019 3:35 PM

Oct 2012
The moment when you answer correctly but instantly realize you would be better off if you lied. Women psychology 101.

Also, the ending was bomb! This way Fujiwara would be made into cult. She really is the best character of this show. Not the mention the fact when you realize she was having fun in their office as they were both late.

Anyway, lol at THIS :D

Mich666Feb 26, 2019 3:39 PM
Feb 27, 2019 12:17 PM
Mar 2015
If anyone know the song at 17:04 please let me know. Beautiful violin
Mar 15, 2019 3:49 PM
Jul 2016
best dance in the history of the humanity!!!!
Mar 24, 2019 12:25 AM
Oct 2012
"Puts it in, after that, the two...moving like beasts."

She knows cuz she does it with her dog.
AsapMar 24, 2019 1:43 PM
Mar 26, 2019 5:18 PM

Aug 2016
Really really enjoyed this one. Omg that ED. Mesmerizing.
Mar 31, 2019 12:19 PM

Apr 2015
"I even did it with my newborn brother. It's on videotape." Oh my god Kaguya-sama was in A Serbian Film

That whole segment seemed a little lewd for modern Shonen Jump (which is where I thought this series came from), which led to me looking it up and discovering it's seinen. Makes sense. Viz publishes it as a Shonen Jump title in North America because...brand name recognition?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 31, 2019 1:29 PM

Jul 2016
Oh boy, I totally lost it when the Yeti suddenly appeared, it was so unexpected I couldn't help but laugh out loud xD

Another great episode, it was both hilarious and heartwarming. The twenty questions segment was my favorite but the last one also gave us a bit more of insight into Kaguya's lonely life, which was a nice change of pace.

Oh and I finally could watch the full Chika's ED sequence and it was just great. Chika is incredibly adorable.
Mar 31, 2019 2:08 PM

Nov 2013
Mikiti the grade schooler is definitely the VA for Bishoujo HONDA HANAKO!
We need more Hina Kino!!!!
Apr 5, 2019 9:10 AM

Dec 2008
This show is gold .Takes me back to me youth. ANd that final clip of Chika dancing and singing; that has to be the smoothest anime movement of a character I have seen in many years. Flawless and fun.
Apr 11, 2019 12:59 AM

Sep 2018
Great episode.

Next is probably the French episode cause everyone one is saying that
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Apr 11, 2019 8:38 PM

Sep 2014
LMAO! Kaguya casually talking about the "first time" got me weak. The misunderstanding is real as well as innocence is bliss. Well.. not really after Chika explained what it really is about haha!

I like how Miyuki discerns himself as being Kaguya's selection for the '20 Questions Game' but one snapped of a previous memory then boom-! Chika's dog is the answer. Way to go!

First time seeing a mellow sketch from this series. Not complaining though ~ We need that from time to time as well

Chika at the ED though..
HHHNNG- ( ͡♥ ͜ʖ ͡♥)
Apr 19, 2019 7:55 PM
May 2017
I am so glad I didn't see leaks of this ending song! I was blown away! and so happy! what a great end song!! this show is good fun. A+
May 5, 2019 2:01 AM

Nov 2014
The fast forward intro lol. That adult book reading skit lol, can't stop laughing at misunderstanding and the way Chika told Kaguya what is "first time". as for the 20 question contest tho, Miyuki almost fall into Kaguya's trap, lol fortunately that he really know her so much.
The last scene about Kaguya's experience on going to school by herself(with miyuki actually) is really awesome and also cute, still that real yeti cameo tho XD.

Well, that new ED scene of Chika dancing tho, i understand now why it was booming. that was really awesome.
r16fourarmMay 5, 2019 2:05 AM
May 8, 2019 4:11 PM

Jun 2017
this episode wasnt as good as the previous two,but it was still pretty enjoyable. felt bad for Kaguya in the last part too. poor girl :(
May 14, 2019 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
Kaguya was super innocent, kawaii!
May 28, 2019 1:23 AM

Mar 2016
3 eps in and we got a sensitive topic here! Kaguya is so innocent when it comes to sexual information, even more so than Chika is! Chika dropped the truth bomb on Kaguya and the way everyone in the room reacts are all so priceless!

20 Question game, Kaguya is clearly is scheming here, but 6 months of being together are enough for Miyuku to understand her intention. And so now, both Kaguya and Miyuki knew that each one of them does love each other (Kaguya know from the last ep when Miyuki described her as the perfect woman) Now... It's just down to whoever confessed first directly.

The last few minutes showing Kaguya and Miyuki travelling to school together while riding on a bike is not only adorable. But it warms my heart, the atmosphere in that scene is so joyful. Kinda makes me want to tear up seeing such a beautiful event unfolds.

There it is!!! The CHIKA ED that has always been going around everywhere I look! the catchy and cute ED with the rotoscoped(?) Chika dance!!! IT"S FINALLY HERE!!!
May 31, 2019 9:17 AM

Feb 2019
I can die from that ED. That took me by surprise and I think my heart skipped a beat. Chika is extremely adorable and cute and the animation was the smoothest I had ever seen. It felt so SATISFYING.

Anyways, this was my favourite episode thus far! I personally think that the humour was funniest here so far, and I especially loved that final part which focused on Kaguya.

First part was really funny. At first, I thought wow, Kaguya's done IT. But I realised right away that she got the wrong idea when she said something about a loving family. What knocked it out of the park was Chika's telling her what IT was and then her reaction. Funniest moment so far!

Second part was funny too. Shirogane really does know her and that it wouldn't possibly be a confession. I thought maybe it was Pesu, but I thought nahhh. I thought it probably WAS Shirogane and it was a complicated plot to get him to confess first or something and that in the end Shirogane was going to guess wrong and then Kaguya would not tell him that it was actually him. My mistake lol.

Third part was my absolute favourite. The comedy took a backseat and it was more poignant. I loved how she yearned for the simple things. It's cute to see that Kaguya is deep down a really kind person and that she couldn't ignore the crying girl even though everybody else around her did. I think she saw something of herself in that girl when she said she didn't want to be alone. I think Kaguya didn't want to go to school alone in a car. That was sad...

But then she met Shirogane and got to ride on his bike! So cute and lovely! I'm really happy for Kaguya. I don't even know what to say, just UNGH.

Best episode so far.

Again, that ED killed me. Chika, why are you so adorable and cute?
Jun 6, 2019 8:43 PM

Apr 2015
oh yeah boi that ending sequence with the dancing kawaii girl gave me a boner. gotta watch more of this show
Jun 27, 2019 6:54 AM

Jan 2011
So that's the Fujiwara dance I heard so much about.
Aug 17, 2019 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
I always see characters in anime where young kids act all mature like adults so seeing a 6th grader who can't cross the road is a welcome change lol
Sep 24, 2019 11:27 AM
Nov 2014
I take back what I said about this anime in the first episode. Im really enjoying it right now! And the characters are really likable. Im glad I decided to watch another episode and not dropping it.
Sep 26, 2019 4:27 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao more great stuff
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 30, 2019 3:17 AM

Oct 2013
I thought this show was classy, then it had a dog-fucking joke. Now it's 4chan classy.

oh boy pop idol cosplayer Chika just won the ED of the year award for me.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 10, 2020 2:11 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
Lol, the dance at the end.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Apr 7, 2020 1:49 AM

Jun 2019
Chika's dance cures CoronaVirus.
Apr 10, 2020 2:34 AM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
Worth to see just for this ending
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Apr 19, 2020 11:54 AM

Sep 2018
Episode that shows a lot of comedy from the first minutes, taking advantage of a defect in its favor and making it become something of a winner. To then continue with a first amusing narrative arc and continuing with another rather nice one, and conclude in beauty then with the final part of the episode with a very romantic narration. I would say that based on what I have seen so far, I also start to appreciate this anime series. The new ending surprised me a little, it's nice.
Terrablu2018Apr 19, 2020 12:05 PM
Apr 26, 2020 10:08 AM

Dec 2015
I stopped watching here. It got a bit better with this episode. Before it I scored 6/10. Now I score 7/10 but only because I "got used" to the style.

The major problem I have: The comedy isn't really funny. And I don't like that forced setting with them playing those games. (+ Annoying narrator deciding who won. :D)

Romance also is pretty weak.

The strongest part was the last part where they were on the bike. Because it showed a bit of Kaguya's background (rich family is not alwas a nice thing) without them playing those annoying games/war.

But from what I have heard this will keep the same setup mostly. (Though some people that know the manga said it would get better there but much later where even S2 might not get to adapt yet.)
Apr 28, 2020 3:28 PM

Sep 2014
The sexual educationg segment with Kaguya was priceless, rip innocence lol.
The famous Chika ending, loved it <3
May 5, 2020 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
Chika's reaction to that magazine and its content was hilarious. ;D But wow, that ending was brilliant! Basically Chika had two awesome moments in the first minutes of this episode and also in its ending.

Pretty good episode. This anime gets better and better with each episode. Main characters are also more likeable.

By the way, Shinomiya is dumb if she though that riding a bike as a second passenger sitting in that kind of position was completely safe, lol.
May 10, 2020 10:48 AM

Feb 2019
Kaguya is so cute, during that First kiss scene she is so innocent ahhh

I was skeptical about this anime but now I understand why it has such high popularity and so many memes, first rom-com that I enjoy very much.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 13, 2020 2:27 PM

Mar 2020
rip in peace my virgin ears
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 13, 2020 9:31 AM

Feb 2020
Just when I was starting to think that Kaugya's character would need some development, that third part arrived ! It was nothing truly amazing but I loved it, not only did it show a kinder, softer side of her (I already didn't expect her to help that little girl but I expected her even less to be gentle towards her), it also explained some of her behaviour and it really helped me understand her better. Poor girl must've actually felt so lonely all this time... Guess that explains why she has such a cold personality.
The two other parts were very good too. I definitely didn't expect Kaguya to be talking about a kiss, she's actually super innocent on that level (I actually thought she was messing with Shirogane to make him crack when she was talking about having already done it and all that). And the second part was very fun, I thought just like Shirogane, but of course if she wanted to win she wouldn't have made him guess himself, it would've completely blown up her cover.
Also, I already saw the Chika dance on youtube, but here my sub actually translated the lyrics, so it was nice to know what this song's truly about ! I guess it is "foreshadowing" Chika's involvment in the mind gane, it's gonna be fun.
FafetteJun 13, 2020 9:35 AM
Jun 18, 2020 9:46 PM

Jun 2020
without a doubt one of my favorite episodes, Chika and her personality are priceless (I mean it in a good way)
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Jun 25, 2020 11:52 AM
Jan 2018
Lol the first time jokes where Funny I have a really strange sence of humour,

The last part with the school walk was a nice change of pace hopefully there's more of that and not all just mind games

Also the ending is great
Jun 26, 2020 6:00 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The level of mind-blowing on this episode goes into the extreme level. Fortunately, in the fisrt part, all of the Kaguya told were just a misunderstanding. I thought, its just her bluffed. But, shit, she really don't had an education about that. Poor to Kaguya!

The second was an absolute mind game. Still, their interaction never missed to blow on my mind. Damn, its so close, you, Miyuki!

And the third one was a heart-warming scenery. Kaguya looked too cool and so kind-hearted. I wonder how long she could survived with the whole misjudgement about her outer negative personality? Still her arrogancy might be her strongest point for this show. So, yeah, once again, it was too understandable.

Damn, Chika on the ED really adorable. Its better than first twos episode, sorry about my honest opinion here. Lol
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 27, 2020 4:12 PM

May 2020
This episode was funny and overall kept me engaged all the way through to the ed. THAT ED! Did not expect it but man, it was very welcome. Cant wait for more!!!
Jul 1, 2020 3:15 AM

Sep 2014
Is this the most iconic anime dance since Hare Hare Yukai?
Mirai, zura~!
Jul 7, 2020 6:57 PM

Aug 2011
A 10!!!!!

Great dance segment at the end; I know I'll see that done at some anime convention soon.
Aug 10, 2020 5:21 AM

Dec 2013
The misunderstanding and Kaguya's reaction in first half was so funny lol and I like the third part!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 10, 2020 6:17 AM

Jun 2020
i laughed at MONSTER VIRGIN lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo RIP shirogane

omg chika's reactions are SO funny I LOVE HER!!!!

kaguya is so kind! loved the 3rd part that was nice that she got to venture on her own also i liked how it was a different setting from the usual school/room they are always at - just a simple setting at the street that really pushed forward her character development, loved it!

have i mentioned i love chika alr SO CUTE THE DANCE

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 24, 2020 8:11 PM

Aug 2020
Came from the future to say: chika chika chika chikaaa.
how did i get here;
Aug 25, 2020 3:54 AM

Feb 2020
tbh i wasn't feeling the humour in the last couple eps, but this one has made me change my mind!!

especially the whole "first time" part. it was fking hilarious. even tho it was meant to be quite predictable, kaguya's whole serious demeanour when talking about her "first time" just threw me off LOL. and that's a good example of how you execute a common joke originally!!

plus the infamous chika dance finally appears c: I've been addicted to it ever since I heard it on tik tok...
"You... are truly slothful!"

Sep 29, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2018
Damn, Chika is just hilarious.

Anyway I was worried at the beginning that the show gonna be too repetitive, but I am so glad to see I was wrong.
Oct 26, 2020 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
Was pretty obvious that Kaguya tried to bait him with that 20 questions game imo. The ending is really legendary though, so damn smooth.
Nov 11, 2020 5:42 PM

Aug 2020
I saw the Chika dance all over tiktok and that's partially why I started this anime lmao. It was cute to see the actual thing. I'm really enjoying this anime so far. The animation seems a little different than others I've seen and it's very beautiful.

Nov 19, 2020 7:46 AM

May 2015
Ending was cool.

Also wild Yeti spotted!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 12, 2020 12:54 PM

May 2011
This anime started off just fun, but now I'm truly loving it. In it for the long haul
Jan 1, 2021 8:59 PM
Apr 2020
the ending was perfection
Jan 9, 2021 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
The direction of this anime is next level.

The dancing was awesome!
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

12 by Aruhaya »»
Today, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

198 by Mikasaaaa234 »»
May 17, 5:56 AM

» WE GOT A WIN TODAY!!!!

TwigzLIVE - May 5

27 by 1Toxic2 »»
May 10, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Mar 30, 2019

477 by sainazrb »»
May 8, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.