Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 10:35 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, so it wasn't over last episode... -_-
Nov 30, 2017 11:30 AM

Aug 2012
And damn that next episode preview spoiled all of the shun fight for this episode right up to the cliffhanger ending. Definitely going back to skipping those from now on
May 8, 2018 6:21 AM

Jun 2016
Scylla is another baddie who seems to be there purely to showcase how strong the bronze saints have gotten. Don't get me wrong, having some battles where the saints aren't the under dogs are interesting and a good way to show our developed heroes, but to have such boring villains to do it with, compared to all of the gold saints and god warriors, is a little much. I will not remember Baian or Scylla too far into the future apart from what they meant for Shun and Seiya.

At first I thought that Shun would reveal his newfound strength along with his resolve to attack if he must which he gained more than ever with the Gemini fight, this was especially evident with how he cried when Scylla refused to stop attacking him. I recall earlier in the series when the saints were trying to get the golden cloth pieces back, Shun tripped the evil guy he was chasing after to get it, whereas the others beat them up and Hyoga even killed his. However, he appears to still want to hold off on that and did the most Shun thing ever, he ignited his seventh sense not attack but rather trap his enemy so he wouldn't have to kill him. As much as Shun can be one of the weaker characters in this series, I appreciate him representing the compassion needed for justice in all the ways he does.

Scylla bounced Shun out of the sea, sending him to collapse on the ocean floor, similar to what Baian did to Seiya. I wonder if the formula of these initial fights will be: Saint gets in fight, loses briefly however learns from it(Misty, or learning from the moves being done in the past), beats the general hard, general launches them out of the sea and back down, they get up and ignite seventh sense to show them they really don't know who they're messing with. I imagine we don't need this for Ikki as Ikki always kicks butt, we may regardless. Or maybe, assuming Shun will win this fight, on a later, tougher fight Ikki will come to save Shun.

I suppose we can assume that the timeline of Julian meeting Saori and learning he was Poseidon occurred before the battle with the gold saints, and presumably even before the start of the series. If so, he's had a lot of time to allow Poseidon's fate to shape him. Even with his fate shaping him into a different person, one that is more power hungry and would throw the people he once identified with away, his love for Saori seems to have been real. I'm glad he's getting a back story like this because he seems interesting and dealing with another God is a brand new territory for Saint Seiya. His lines about how God made the world, and humans pollute and destroy it, so they deserve what they get made me think that he's coming from a place of viewing humans overall as an evil, similar to Mime's perspective. Humans only bring destruction to this beautiful world that was made for them and they bite the hand that fed them, so they don't deserve to be a hindrance to our(gods) world, is how I take his view. He clearly isn't trying to harm Saori necessarily, he does have arrogance problems to a degree, being absolutely shocked that "any woman may dare reject him" before even knowing he was a God, yet still wanting to rule with Saori rather than completely overthrow her for his own power.

I think Seiya reached a pillar but the pillar was ruled by a general of illusion who created fog and an illusion of Marin to lure him into a trap.

Krishna has a hideous design with a mullet mohawk but he's the first general to preach his motives so I'm excited to see his fight, especially because it's with my favorite character Shiryu.

There have definitely been pacing problems, all the exposition at the start of this arc with the forced in flash back, Julian dropping his backstory on us without much notice, and the flashback to how he found out he was Poseidon occurring here feeling like another exposition dump. It's reminiscent of the start of Asgard, and it made me think that if the filler from the first half was removed for a slower start to Asgard, and a start to Poseidon that followed it that this would feel so much nicer. Imagine if we met Julian before now. I assume this is a criticism on the manga to a degree too, but with Poseidon arc being so short I imagine it's more rushed than the manga as well.
Mar 20, 2019 2:07 PM
Feb 2016
In this episode we meet Chrysaor. It's nice that the writer is scraping the bottom of the myth barrel to find Poseidon-related figures. It shows that he's done good research and, with literary license, gave us colourful characters. Chrysaor, the one with the golden sword (not spear), is Poseidon's son from, get this, raping Medusa in Athena's temple. Athena then got angry and punishes the victim, turning her to the snake-haired abomination we all know and love. Wait, it gets even more awkward. Pegasus is Medusa's first son from Poseidon, another equestrian association to the Poseidon myth, but I guess we won't be seeing that link made in the anime.
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Nov 2015
the animal attack from dude woulda been cool if they were ACTUAL WATER ANIMALS but instead we got batz, bearz and beez 😕 also poseidon's knight as well shoulda been aquatic themed like the mermaid but we'll never see a shark, shrimp or water dragon... heh, actually if a whale would have been thrown at Shun... the anime ends lol

Also the knight in charge of Indian ocean is stronk, really stronk lol but really this dialog: "did i tell you how cool muh spear is?!" "yes, you did... like 20 million times dude!!" haha, poor shiryu 😂 NOW RECEIVE THE ATTACK FROM MUH AWESOME SPEAR!! 3/5.

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I imagine we don't need this for Ikki as Ikki always kicks butt, we may regardless.

wait, what happened to ikki? I guess he never make it here. long deserved vacation for him lol
Berry-VodkaApr 24, 12:02 AM

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 22 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by Nill_oficial7boy »»
May 11, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 113 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

5 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 2, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 114 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Dec 2, 2012

23 by HikariShoumeiron »»
May 1, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 26, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.