Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 18, 12:00 AM

Aug 2022
Maomao's actions really made my heart stop for a moment.

And now she was seriously injured. Battered to the point of bleeding.

Didn't expect that Jinshi was down there. Maomao came at the perfect moment. If it's even a second late, I can't guarantee Jinshi's fate.

Feb 18, 12:32 AM

Apr 2012
overall good episode,

but that slow walk when carrying maomao nears the end reduces my score for this episode
Feb 18, 12:42 AM

Jun 2021
The best episode so far, period.
Lakan's face at the end was a cherry on top
Also would love to hit that guard's face with a meteor or smth, how DARE he do that to her
Feb 18, 12:47 AM
Jan 2018
too good, hahahha
Feb 18, 12:52 AM
Jul 2010
The episode went by fast! The build-up was great, poor Maomao! Excited for the next one.
Feb 18, 12:56 AM

Sep 2018
Oof, almost winced at that fucking mallet striking MaoMao right in the side of the face.

Also, what was with Lakan's expression at the end there to do with? Could multiple things IMO
Feb 18, 1:26 AM

Oct 2010
Can someone who already read the manga\vn spoil me on why Lakan made that expression?
Feb 18, 1:29 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to Ace-1
Can someone who already read the manga\vn spoil me on why Lakan made that expression?
@Ace-1 think it was anime original , but take a guess and say that he realised he might have been wrong about jinshi or he was shocked at how hurt maomao is but he can’t show emotion etc
Feb 18, 1:29 AM

Jan 2017
Let me collect my thoughts first cause I'm overflowing with emotions right now.
Is Jinshi like an emperor or something? Why did Lakan looked so shocked there; was it because he saw his daughter's terrible state, or something more? I am feeling lost, and elated at the same time, it's making me feel uneasy.
Can't wait for the next episode! 😵😵😵
Feb 18, 1:30 AM
Jun 2019
damn this episode so intense
Feb 18, 1:41 AM

Jun 2008
What an intense episode, probably the best one so far.

That hit to Maomao's face was brutal. I hope he pays for that. Jinshi was angry.
Feb 18, 2:22 AM
Feb 2024
Bro, what the heck just happened..
Feb 18, 2:27 AM
Jul 2017
not a spoiler since everyone already watch the scene, but Ra Kan's was shocked because he didn't realize that maomao's face fucked so bad there, as MaoMao refuse to look back when she heard his voice
Feb 18, 2:43 AM

Mar 2007
Whoa, what an exciting episode! All the plot threads converged to an assassination attempt, on Jinshi no less! I'm so angry at all the people involved who ended up getting our beloved Maomao injured!
Feb 18, 2:59 AM

Feb 2008
Curious about Lakan's expression at the end. I doubt it was because of Maomao's state, so I can only guess he was very surprised for Jinshi to be related to the emperor?
Feb 18, 2:59 AM
May 2020
Reply to Embient
I heard that the Go game transitioning to stones in the OP is a subtle spoiler, and now I finally understand it. It's so damn good.

Yep, that court lady is totally Suirei.
Every incident becoming connected like this is so epic
Judging by what I learned by watching Kingdom, that was a coronation.
Best episode so far, holy shit. But I wonder why did Lakan looks so shocked that Maomao managed to save Jinshi. I have a hard time believing that he just underestimated her, because he's seen her solve all these other cases. (I personally believe that Lakan played a big part in this and actually wanted Maomao to fail.)
Embient said:
I heard that the Go game transitioning to stones in the OP is a subtle spoiler, and now I finally understand it. It's so damn good.

I don't understand the meaning behind this, could you explain?

Feb 18, 3:29 AM
Apr 2020
AMAZING show-changing ep this was beautiful.
Feb 18, 4:30 AM

Jan 2019
What a fucking episode, really gonna miss this show when it ends.

Feb 18, 4:30 AM
Apr 2020
How well executed this episode was, I'm stunned,
Feb 18, 4:36 AM
Jul 2022
Any episode where Maomao is being punished gets the highest rating in my book! ☺️😚
Feb 18, 5:23 AM
Feb 2024
The best episode so far.
Feb 18, 5:37 AM

Jun 2020
This episode was the climax of the mysteries Maomao had solved. Why did Lakan have that look on his face? He looked surprised. I thought he planned it because Maomao thought he showed up at the perfect time and it seemed like in previous episodes it was his doing to meet Maomao.
"
Feb 18, 5:48 AM

Nov 2013
Hmm, Maomao wondering about "perfectly convenient moment" when Lakan appeared, suggests that Lakan is behind this whole assassination attempt? I'm pretty certain he didn't want Maomao to get hurt, but if he truly is behind this, IMO he planned Maomao to save Jinshi, thus he may be planning to get them together? or maybe make Jinshi be indebted to his daughter perhaps?

Anyways, amazing episode. Poor Maomao getting hit in the face, then big wound on the leg (definitely gonna leave a scar). Though, wouldn't it be logical to close Maomao's wound first BEFORE carrying her away??? Jinshi my dude, she'll blead to death ffs!
Feb 18, 6:11 AM
Dec 2015
Reply to jennythanh
anyone know the song when Jinshi carry Maomao?
@jennythanh Blaze of Clear Sky
Feb 18, 6:33 AM
Jul 2021
That scene where Maomao saved Jinshi was so beautiful and I wouldn't change that facial expression of Jinshi for the world, it was simply perfect.
Feb 18, 6:46 AM

Jun 2016
how dare you beat mao2 adorable face with that stone stick !!!

please cook that guard mao2 father !!
Feb 18, 7:20 AM

Dec 2022
Bad guy or not, I love the little detail of Lakan using the same murder-stare on the guard that Maomao used in previous episode on Jinshi. Like father like daughter.
Feb 18, 7:24 AM
Aug 2020
Seeing Maomao got beaten up breaks my heart 😫 I shed a tear for her
Feb 18, 7:48 AM
Dec 2023
Dang. 4 episodes of midness was completely made up by this episode. I love this show
Feb 18, 9:08 AM
Sep 2016
NCIS: Mao and Order
Somebody, give the girl a pair of sunglasses, she'd need one for whenever she solved a case....

Next EP: A hand reaching out from somekind of a wooden structure....

Wait, next EP already? Aren't there supposed to be some materials happening BEFORE that? Or are they attempting to compress it?

There's still 4 EPs left after next week's. Are they trying to ccontinue to the next arc immediately?
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Feb 18, 9:30 AM
Aug 2020
Another great episode, it’s really a new vibe with more suspense.

It’s getting more and more interesting…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 18, 9:36 AM

Dec 2012
WHY YOU WALKING SO SLOW BISH!!! URGENCY PLEASE!!!
Didn't even try to ask if anyone near the ceremony building had some bandages, HURRY THE F UP!!!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Feb 18, 10:21 AM

Sep 2014
The entire episode I was wondering how all of this was connected to Lakan and then he shows up.

Surprisingly enough Lakan did not look too happy with the result.

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 18, 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to kururugikai
overall good episode,

but that slow walk when carrying maomao nears the end reduces my score for this episode
@kururugikai @Crez that was the correct choice from Jinshi. She isn't bleeding nearly enough for it to be life threatening (and if she was, the correct choice wouldn't have been to run but to first stop the bleeding before carrying her anyway).

However, she passed out from concussion. The worst thing you can do to someone with a concussion is handle that person's body in a way that shake the head. This is VERY dangerous.

All of those peoples in the other thread complaining that he didn't run?

...They may have killed her in reverse if they were carrying Maomao in place of Jinshi.
Feb 18, 11:20 AM
Jul 2017
idk this plot assassination plot was way too contrived and out of nowhere. and how did all this result in her getting there in the nick of time and then nicking her leg

also was spectacle man part of the plan? let's see what happens the next 5 eps
Feb 18, 11:58 AM
Feb 2024
I have just one question, was Jinshi attempting suicide? He didn’t show any emotion when Maomao saved him, and maomao was surprised at seeing Jinshi there, so maybe Jinshi normally doesn’t do that ceremony.
Feb 18, 12:06 PM

Dec 2020
WHAAAAT IS GOING ON
Feb 18, 12:24 PM

May 2018
Damn too much has happened, its hard to start but need to get a doctor ASAP and why walk than running. the guard should be arrested for attacking Maomao.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Feb 18, 12:54 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to uncleqrow
Somebody, give the girl a pair of sunglasses, she'd need one for whenever she solved a case....

Wait, next EP already? Aren't there supposed to be some materials happening BEFORE that? Or are they attempting to compress it?

There's still 4 EPs left after next week's. Are they trying to ccontinue to the next arc immediately?
@uncleqrow it's pretty obvious they gonna end s1 with that arc.
Feb 18, 12:54 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to uncleqrow

@uncleqrow it's pretty obvious they gonna end s1 with that arc.
Feb 18, 12:57 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to Weeb_Isekai
This episode was the climax of the mysteries Maomao had solved. Why did Lakan have that look on his face? He looked surprised. I thought he planned it because Maomao thought he showed up at the perfect time and it seemed like in previous episodes it was his doing to meet Maomao.
@Weeb_Isekai i think that's cuz, He saw his daughter in that condition
Feb 18, 1:09 PM

Jul 2016
The guard is definitely beyond screwed, but I'm just imagining the hell he'd be in if the other guard didn't restrain him enough and Maomao ended up getting extra messed up. Wouldn't be surprised if we actually got to see public execution.

Also kinda feel for the guy who tried getting something done about the building's pillar but got demoted for it. Dude's also the hidden MVP for helping Maomao put the pieces together.
Feb 18, 1:17 PM
Aug 2019
good very good as well
Feb 18, 2:02 PM

Jan 2018
Reply to Kayro
Curious about Lakan's expression at the end. I doubt it was because of Maomao's state, so I can only guess he was very surprised for Jinshi to be related to the emperor?
@Kayro I'm not sure myself, because Lakan knows Jinshi has a higher status than him. And if he realized that he should have taken that servant stance which hids their gaze. Maybe he tought Jinshi was a eunuch as Maomao though lol. I think that expression comes more as a result that he is in hot waters now that his scheme has come to light. But if the assasination attemt really was his work then he shouldn't let Maomao get in. Idk that expression can be result of anything, including suppressed fatherly feelings.

On the other note, the guard is now my most hated character in the series, mf even winded up :<
Feb 18, 2:31 PM
Jan 2021
I am lost for words. This tension in this episode was wild and the last scenes made me cry
Feb 18, 4:02 PM

Nov 2010
Maomao is so badass, she doesn't care if she is hurt, she needed to save some random guy from being smashed. Such cool heroine she is, I love her. My favourite episode so far ♥
Feb 18, 4:11 PM

Dec 2012
Reply to Zefyris
@kururugikai @Crez that was the correct choice from Jinshi. She isn't bleeding nearly enough for it to be life threatening (and if she was, the correct choice wouldn't have been to run but to first stop the bleeding before carrying her anyway).

However, she passed out from concussion. The worst thing you can do to someone with a concussion is handle that person's body in a way that shake the head. This is VERY dangerous.

All of those peoples in the other thread complaining that he didn't run?

...They may have killed her in reverse if they were carrying Maomao in place of Jinshi.
@Zefyris Nah, still not excusing that he didn't see if anyone in the vicinity could help, even just some cloth to wrap around the leg or something would have surely been available somewhere closer than wherever he's carrying her.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Feb 18, 4:20 PM

Nov 2012
WTF is her head made out of? Jinshi would be an alter pancake if that were me cuz I would've been out cold if not dead. Hopefully, next week she realizes he's not a eunuch. My guess has always been that he's a prince. Perhaps not the crown prince, but close enough.

I thought that maybe her bio dad figured everything out and was trying to save Jinshi in some twisted round about way, but now I think he planned it all. The shocked look on his face is a story I hope they explain.
Feb 18, 4:55 PM
Dec 2023
ISTG THESE EPS NEED TO BE LONGER OMG
Feb 18, 5:26 PM
Nov 2010
if lakan was smart enough to solve a murder conspiracy on his own it's funny that he's so surprised having maomao investigate put her in danger. just playing silly detective games with my daughter lol
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» So simple question...

ANIk_003 - Today

20 by Phloup »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

262 by ksipe »»
Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 16, 2023

166 by Noeiro »»
May 29, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

204 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

209 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.