Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 31, 8:09 AM

Sep 2022
If The Apothecary Diaries can get a weighted average rating of 8.91 why can't Hyouka can't get atleast a 9 and can't be famous or high rated enough to get some sequel like the other ???
In my opinion if I compare these two, I enjoyed Hyouka several times more, and I think many will agree with me in this premise.
But Hyouka, despite being more deserving, can't get a sequel?
ANIk_003May 31, 8:15 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 31, 8:14 AM

Jan 2017
ANIk_003 said:
why can't Hyouka can't get atleast a 9

Because people don't like it as much.

ANIk_003 said:
But Hyouka [...] can't get a sequel?

Fall out between Kyoto Animation and Kadokawa, and the Novel is in Hiatus.
Continuing the adaptation is, currently, not a good idea for Kadokawa.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 31, 8:16 AM

Apr 2020
Will be locked.

Stop discussing ratings.
It's subjective. You don't reflect anyone, but yourself.
May 31, 8:25 AM
Dec 2022
Because Hyouka is boring
May 31, 8:33 AM
Sep 2021
Merve2Love said:
Will be locked.

Stop discussing ratings.

Honestly... This.

(I haven't seen Hyouka yet, tho 🤷‍♀️)
May 31, 8:33 AM
Dec 2022
Why compare to completely different anime? Why compare ratings at all?
You like the other one more ig. The ratings suggests that most don't.
Everyone likes different stuff.
This is pointless.
May 31, 8:47 AM
May 2022
Merve2Love said:
Will be locked.

Stop discussing ratings.

Completely true, but some people don't really seem to understand or even want to understand.
May 31, 9:14 AM
Mar 2024
ANIk_003 said:
If The Apothecary Diaries can get a weighted average rating of 8.91 why can't Hyouka can't get atleast a 9 and can't be famous or high rated enough to get some sequel like the other ???
In my opinion if I compare these two, I enjoyed Hyouka several times more, and I think many will agree with me in this premise.

Simple answer: Hyouka is kinda boring. Apothecary Diaries is not. Characters aren't bland either. And Kadokawa doesn't wanna go for a continuation right now because the novel is on hiatus. There's a LOT more stuff that they're focused on right now, and Hyouka isn't even in their list atm.
May 31, 9:19 AM
May 2016
Ratings are not about your enjoyment. It's not about you.
May 31, 10:33 AM
May 2023
Shut the hell up. Hyouka isn’t even in your favorites
May 31, 11:14 AM
Apr 2023
ANIk_003 said:

Everyone has different opinion
May 31, 11:16 AM

Aug 2023
Ratings are completely subjective. Entirely based on opinions. No one can answer why one is rated higher than the other or why it's more popular or whatever else. Enjoy what you enjoy. I'm sure things will be even more enjoyable if you separate them as their own entity and stop comparing things.
May 31, 11:31 AM
Jan 2024
in my personal opinion I find the apothecary diaries much more enjoyable and dynamic than hyouka, but idk
May 31, 12:15 PM
Jan 2021
Apothecary Diaries is just much more interesting and unique. On top it has a S Tier Protagonist, Story, Setting and Production. It's also more appealing to a wider audience.

This thread is quite a bad bait actually. Like indirect Apothecary Diaries hate like it doesn't deserve that ratingđź’€

Hyouka is good and around 8/10 is justified
AshTheChampMay 31, 12:19 PM
May 31, 12:26 PM
Aug 2023
Hyouka is good but not as good as apothecary diaries but that's a discussion for another day.

Why is apothecary Diaries rated higher? because people enjoyed the show hence they gave it a good rating. Hyouka is at best a 8/10 as a mystery show and your thoughts are just your thoughts, What you think is deserving or not is just your opinion in the end and complaining about such a small gap won't get you anywhere or change how you or someone else enjoys the show
May 31, 1:30 PM
Jan 2021
To me hyouka was boring, everyone has different tastes.
May 31, 1:50 PM

Sep 2022
musicbychoc said:
Why compare to completely different anime? Why compare ratings at all?
You like the other one more ig. The ratings suggests that most don't.
Everyone likes different stuff.
This is pointless.

Actually in any other scenarios I don't care, but in this case I'm talking about a series getting a continuation season, which very well depends how much the audience liking the already released season. Talking about rating because it is necessary for Hyouka.
May 31, 2:14 PM
Aug 2020
Hyouka had interesting ep or two, but the rest was boring as hell, bro was uninterested, and the girl was pushover. All stories happening in anime were dragged with heavy boring dialogue, which was sometimes hard to follow and wasn't that interesting. Literally, everything in apothecary appealed to me. Just opinion and almost fact if u compare both od them which is majority of people liked apothecary over hyouka.
May 31, 2:44 PM
Jul 2022
Ngl, I watched the last few eps of Hyouka after months. I really did enjoy the show tho. Like if I'd have pushed just a little bit when I was first watching it, I'd have finished it months ago. I liked the show really, but I remember it made me a bit sleepy in between. But after watching it after such a long time, it made me feel fresh and interested.

And I enjoyed Apothecary Diaries way more. I do think it's better than Hyouka S1 fs. There just wasn't any moment I didn't feel interested in the show. The characters were great, especially our protagonist, Maomao. I swear she's like the best female protagonist in recent times. The mysteries in the show were really good too. It was a really well written show and the production for it was amazing as well.

Hyouka doesn't have anymore seasons cuz there isn't enough source material iirc. And we dk when will it have. Maybe the novel is continuing. I don't really remember. But I recently heard smth about it.
May 31, 4:11 PM
Apr 2017
Does it have Maomao in it? If not, then that's why.
May 31, 6:25 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples includes:
    b. random "xx vs. yy"

e. MAL community data
      e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
      e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
      e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

91 by StacyYagami »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

267 by Koumazoku »»
Yesterday, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

120 by Sugram22 »»
Jun 17, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

165 by Sugram22 »»
Jun 17, 1:19 AM

» Does this ever get good? ( 1 2 )

El_Jiro - Jun 13

68 by bassbabe »»
Jun 16, 9:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.