Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 3, 12:27 PM

Feb 2019
Watched 6 episodes so far and I've found it to be super bland. Hate how the MC talks and acts not a fan of shoujo either. Does this get better and when?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 12:31 PM

Jan 2017
Trump said:
and I've found it to be super bland.

It becomes more interesting due to the many subtexts about the relationships of the different characters, but if the word you found to describe the series is "bland"... then it'll probably change absolutely nothing for you.

That seems to simply not be the type of series you like. I'd suggest you to drop it, and move on.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 3, 12:32 PM
Nov 2015
If you don't like it after 6 episodes, drop it. It doesn't "get better".
Apr 3, 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
It was good to begin with. Drop it.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 3, 12:42 PM
Jul 2022
i was about to try to persuade you that this show is good but then i looked through your drop list and saw all the genuienly great shows you dropped
all hope is lost there already
Apr 3, 12:47 PM
May 2016
In what universe is this shoujo?!
As for the question, better than 10/10? That's physically impossible.
Apr 3, 12:56 PM
Apr 2023
If you don't like it from EP 1. Go watch some brainrot shonen. Tik Tok attention-span
Apr 3, 1:01 PM
Apr 2022
I'm just curious, which part of this show looks shoujo to you?
Apr 3, 1:02 PM
Mar 2022
Probably the romance hints and the female protagonist sell off as shoujo but it’s not.

But the poster literally hates a lot of good shows, asking this question and answering them is literally pointless.
Kawaii_swanApr 3, 1:56 PM
Apr 3, 1:12 PM
May 2016
Kawaii_swan said:
ktg said:

Shoujo is a demographic. Aimed at younger girls and women that has developing romantic relationships, a female protagonist, a handsome male interest…. Stuff like that.

As for the one that posted this…. They literally hate a lot of good shows, asking this question and answering them is literally pointless.

In what universe did I ask what shoujo means?
And btw everything you described as shoujo can also be shounen. These depend on the writing and not on the MC's gender.
Apr 3, 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
ktg said:

YadisBatman said:

Your definition of shoujo is far too narrow if you're this bewildered. Also, the original 2012 novel is listed as "female" demographic.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 3, 1:30 PM

Apr 2022
Well, if you don’t already like it, you probably won’t find this series to be for you.

It’s a bummer, but it is what it is. Move on.
Apr 3, 1:34 PM

Jun 2020
judging from ur droplist u should drop it. it's already good.
Apr 3, 1:37 PM
Apr 2023
Trump said:
Watched 6 episodes so far and I've found it to be super bland. Hate how the MC talks and acts not a fan of shoujo either. Does this get better and when?

the setting itself is so historically rich so if you're that far in and don't like then just drop. but it certainly goes from great to insane after a few eps
Apr 3, 1:38 PM
Apr 2023
mobxmentality said:
i was about to try to persuade you that this show is good but then i looked through your drop list and saw all the genuienly great shows you dropped

he already has solo levelling in his favorites. big red flag
Apr 3, 1:39 PM
Jul 2017
Kawaii_swan said:
ktg said:

Shoujo is a demographic. Aimed at younger girls and women that has developing romantic relationships, a female protagonist, a handsome male interest…. Stuff like that.

As for the one that posted this…. They literally hate a lot of good shows, asking this question and answering them is literally pointless.

josei refers to manga marketed to an audience of adult women, fuck you on about 💀
Apr 3, 1:40 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to FrierenSimpKing
Well, if you don’t already like it, you probably won’t find this series to be for you.

It’s a bummer, but it is what it is. Move on.
@FrierenSimpKing I think this is representative of a fan of the show. No need to drama about it or hurl insults, if you don't like it, you don't.

If you need your anime to have action, you won't find it here, move along.

I think this is a fine anime, but I wouldn't rate it a 10/10; I'd say somewhere along a strong 8. It's absolutely good, but it does drag a bit - character development is semi-sparse - and I'm not totally enamored by "teenie girl solves Sherlock Holmes mysteries..." but the second part might be just me.

I did however really love the final two episodes. They brought the bang for the buck.
Apr 3, 1:41 PM
Sep 2021
I saw this Post and the PTSD hit me
Apr 3, 1:44 PM

Jan 2017
LostSpectre said:
Also, the original 2012 novel is listed as "female" demographic.

To be fair, it was published under the Ray Books label, which is aimed toward women in their 20s (so that would be a Josei, with the classic demographics of Mangas). The Light Novel then got the Hero Bunko one, (primarily) aimed toward at young men, and both Mangas are classified as Seinen...

The place where the work is published is not only decided by the content of the story, but also by the space left for it in the magazine, or the ressources available by the label.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 3, 1:46 PM

Feb 2021
The light novel is good
Apr 3, 1:59 PM
Mar 2022
ktg said:
Kawaii_swan said:

And btw everything you described as shoujo can also be shounen. These depend on the writing and not on the MC's gender.

Probably the next one? Well I guess the anime info pages are all we have to look at to really know
Apr 3, 2:01 PM
Mar 2022
Spoof_490 said:
Kawaii_swan said:

josei refers to manga marketed to an audience of adult women, fuck you on about 💀

On about a typo 💀
Apr 3, 2:02 PM

Apr 2020
Well, you should probably drop it then, no?^^

It will continue exactly as you've seen it, this far.
Apr 3, 2:50 PM
Feb 2023
If you don’t already like it it's probably not for you. The mysteries do deepen but if the initial one's aren't grabbing you, I wouldn't bother pushing through the rest.
Apr 3, 3:08 PM
Mar 2023
Trump said:

Just drop than 🤦🏼
Apr 3, 4:21 PM

Nov 2019
Does Solo Leveling become good after 1 episode? No
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 3, 4:23 PM

Apr 2020
It doesn't. I mean, it's pretty hard to continue rising when you already start from peak.
Apr 3, 5:30 PM
Apr 2022
LostSpectre said:
ktg said:

YadisBatman said:

Your definition of shoujo is far too narrow if you're this bewildered. Also, the original 2012 novel is listed as "female" demographic.

ok sure, but is shoujo really the only thing you get from this show?
Apr 3, 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to YadisBatman
LostSpectre said:
ktg said:

YadisBatman said:

ok sure, but is shoujo really the only thing you get from this show?
@YadisBatman That's a strawman, the original topic was you being shocked there's any relation to shoujo.

Of course, if you weren't originally being sarcastic, then... I'm completely on the wrong page here.
Apr 3, 5:39 PM

Jun 2020
Episode 1 should be the only iffy one because its all setup. If you don't like it by 6, then drop it. It does get more serious moments or topics later on but the spirit of the series never changes

Apr 3, 5:43 PM
Aug 2022
bro don't ask stupid questions like this. just stop watching it. it's amazing but if it isn't for you it isn't for you.
Apr 3, 5:44 PM
Apr 2022
LostSpectre said:
@YadisBatman That's a strawman, the original topic was you being shocked there's any relation to shoujo.

Of course, if you weren't originally being sarcastic, then... I'm completely on the wrong page here.

lil bit of a misunderstanding but it's all good
Apr 3, 6:11 PM
Feb 2021
If this isnt you type of anime, probably best to drop it. I absolutely loved this anime. Drags in some parts, but is a really great watch if you really take your time, sit down and take everything into consideration
Apr 3, 7:32 PM
Feb 2018
Kids these days lol.
Apr 3, 7:49 PM
May 2023
Trump said:

its not shoujo.. the manga is seinen
Apr 3, 9:02 PM

Jan 2021
No, it doesn't, it actually gets worse.
Apr 3, 10:49 PM
Aug 2021
Trump said:

never open your mouth or type again
Apr 3, 10:50 PM
Aug 2021
Justifier said:
If you don't like it after 6 episodes, drop it. It doesn't "get better".

yeah it was already so good
and i didn't there was someone out their who would hate maomao
Apr 3, 11:51 PM

Jul 2011
What specifically doesn’t make you like it?
"Humans are mean by nature, they are kind by choice."
Apr 3, 11:58 PM
Jul 2021
mobxmentality said:

Same seems this may be a case of not liking slow burners possibly due to TikTok brain and attention span a lot of the shows he has dropped are either very writing heavy or slightly confusing
Apr 4, 12:08 AM
Nov 2023
Trump said:

it is senin not shoujo...
Apr 4, 12:49 AM

May 2018
OP: I am rage quitting this show, try to persuade me to come back...you can't, because your taste is bland and I wanted to tell you exactly that!
Me: Dude, grow up and learn to drop shows you dislike, without trying to pass it as a public tragedy!
Apr 4, 1:11 AM
Jun 2021
Trump said:

imo first 6 episode super amazing, but the way u see i dont think it's gonna change at all. mu advice would be if u are not liking it then probably best to drop it.
Apr 4, 1:34 AM

Jan 2020
Can't help your shit tastes sadly, drop it imo
Apr 4, 1:35 AM
May 2016
Reply to LostSpectre
ktg said:

YadisBatman said:

@LostSpectre On this site? No. On this site, the manga was tagged as a seinen show. So no, it is not a shoujo.
Apr 4, 1:36 AM
May 2016
Reply to Kawaii_swan
ktg said:
Kawaii_swan said:

Probably the next one? Well I guess the anime info pages are all we have to look at to really know
@Kawaii_swan Which does not clarify it. On the other hand, it is clarified on the manga page, where it is tagged as a seinen.
Apr 4, 3:24 AM
Nov 2023
It took my partner at least the first 12 episodes to get involved and interested. She doesn’t like anime, but does like mysteries, and it took a while for all the seemingly unconnected threads in The Apothecary Diaries to come together enough to interest her. So for her, it got better. Whereas I was spellbound from episode one and as a result am now working through the LNs: it was a 10, but at some point got turned up to an 11. 🙂
ianiowApr 4, 2:29 PM
Apr 4, 7:26 AM

May 2018
Attaboy. Such profound words. Didn't expect less from a fan of Makoto Shinkai Adolf Hitler.

Apr 5, 11:21 PM
Jul 2022
NathanD817 said:
mobxmentality said:

Same seems this may be a case of not liking slow burners possibly due to TikTok brain and attention span a lot of the shows he has dropped are either very writing heavy or slightly confusing

"these characters are only talking and not fighting each other constantly, this shit is boring" type beat
i mean what can you expect from someone who calls himself Trump, the name already implies they might not be the sharpest tool in the shed
Apr 6, 11:10 AM
Jul 2021
It's an OK series which is massively overhyped by source readers, presumably it gets really good later?

The animation is fine, the story is OK, the side characters and plots are quite interesting, the setting isn't one I've seen explored properly before, I have a few problems with the MC but she's fine overall -- I gave it a 7.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» So simple question...

ANIk_003 - Yesterday

20 by Phloup »»
Yesterday, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

262 by ksipe »»
May 30, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 16, 2023

166 by Noeiro »»
May 29, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

204 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

209 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.