Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
This was a special game of chess. Mamao of course didn't back down with high stakes on the line. It's also good to know that she completed the Blue Rose.

The episode tested Mamao's tactical and mental skills in that game. It's just really incredible to see how talented she is in this show. Also, fairly interesting to see the episode focus on Meimei more both with her personality and lifestyle.
Mar 16, 9:27 AM

May 2020
That wasn’t a very “fatherly” reaction, but okay good to see Lakan didn’t refuse to Maomao’s challenge or something. Though one could say, Maomao had the disadvantage in that go chess thing, but hey the repercussions she put, with sake most importantly sealed the deal right there right then lol. Loser takes a sip, and so he did…

… only to faint and forfeit the match lol. That was soooo hilarious, I mean the kind of man Lakan is, it’s easy to think he’d be good with these things but no. Maomao too was ruthless with him. Anyways, we got the most awaited thing, and that was Lakan’s backstory. How he had it hard within his own family, and how he met, to-be Maomao’s mother, Fengxian. That man wasn’t lying when he was saying he had a strong liking for her.

Though it was their THAT mistake which led to the downfall, I mean Lakan’s bad luck should be factored too, but yeah, that one night. In the end, the one who actually suffered was the kid, Maomao. Still we can’t blame Lakan, I mean he was just unlucky with circumstances. He couldn't fulfill his promise with Fengxian, and then could never meet her again too, or more like was just not allowed to, damn. Again his own daughter gives him the cold shoulder too, but not like he isn't aware why.

Anyways, awesome episode. Just one more week now, sadly. Though they'd end on a high.
Also, to know Maomao's foster father is actually Lakan's uncle is something else lol.
Softhenic03Mar 16, 9:34 AM
Mar 16, 10:24 AM

Dec 2021
The daughter and father finally come face to face...

Maomao, who had completed the blue rose, finally faces her biological father, Lakan. Lakan, a strategist skilled in both military tactics and chess, is challenged by Maomao to a game of chess with conditions. The condition being that if Maomao wins, Lakan must buy a courtesan from the Verdigris House. As the tense match unfolds, witnessed anxiously by Jinshi and Gaoshun, Lakan continues to rack up victories. However, Maomao's strategy of preparing poisoned wine takes an unexpected turn.

That's a strange chessboard... Not shogi or chess, pretty sure it's Xiangqi, since we're in China. No way he can handle sake... just a sip and he's out. Onto his backstory... makes sense why he's good at military tactics, he sees everyone as pawns. Maomao's mom was Lakan's first opponent, not even his own master. Shows how arrogant he is. Maomao's mom loved cats, so she named her daughter Maomao. It's infuriating how this world treats pregnant courtesans. Nothing I can do though... Lakan is awful.

This backstory just made me hate Lakan more. To what will happen to him next week in the finale next week is anyone's guess.

Mar 16, 10:45 AM
May 2021
Reply to IzanaSolos
The daughter and father finally come face to face...

Maomao, who had completed the blue rose, finally faces her biological father, Lakan. Lakan, a strategist skilled in both military tactics and chess, is challenged by Maomao to a game of chess with conditions. The condition being that if Maomao wins, Lakan must buy a courtesan from the Verdigris House. As the tense match unfolds, witnessed anxiously by Jinshi and Gaoshun, Lakan continues to rack up victories. However, Maomao's strategy of preparing poisoned wine takes an unexpected turn.

That's a strange chessboard... Not shogi or chess, pretty sure it's Xiangqi, since we're in China. No way he can handle sake... just a sip and he's out. Onto his backstory... makes sense why he's good at military tactics, he sees everyone as pawns. Maomao's mom was Lakan's first opponent, not even his own master. Shows how arrogant he is. Maomao's mom loved cats, so she named her daughter Maomao. It's infuriating how this world treats pregnant courtesans. Nothing I can do though... Lakan is awful.

This backstory just made me hate Lakan more. To what will happen to him next week in the finale next week is anyone's guess.
@IzanaSolos Personally, I find the backstory makes Lakan more understandable. He was born with a disability that made it difficult to interact and understand those around him. Both Fengxian and Lakan loved each other and they got in bed together with each other's consent. Immediately after, Lakan's father sent him off abroad (which he can't really disobey). When he learned what happend after he got back, with no hesitation, he immediately rushed to find her and their daughter. Unfortunate circumstances was what led to where their story is now
Mar 16, 11:08 AM
May 2021
Damnn, Lakans backstory was hella deep still. Fantastic ep!
Mar 16, 11:13 AM

Feb 2019
One more episode of peak man I hate seasons ending.. Lakan vs Maomao, what a way to start the episode and talk about an awkward family reunion. Fitting that it’s a game of chess between the two as they’ve been playing proverbial chess for a while now.

Who would’ve thought Lakan’s weakness would’ve been regular alcohol lol, talk about a lightweight.

Whaaaat was that Lakan flashback holy shit. I owe him a complete apology, was not familiar with his game at all. Been slandering this dude for months now calling him a scumbag, rapist, you name it and he turns out to be one of the kindest and most well written characters??? That’s how you play with viewers’ expectations and great twist from the author. Did not see this coming. Not only was his birth condition messed up, but then he and Fengxian’s love story was so tragic. Their shared love of Go/Chess makes the game he played with Maomao at the start even more special.

Yea, him sleeping with Fengxian is what caused everything to go south, but it was a mutual decision they made and were two consenting adults. It’s not like he chose to abandon her for three years either. I’m seeing a few people still calling him selfish and attacking him and it’s like are we watching the same episode?? It’s just an extremely unfortunate situation for everyone involved.

Another very interesting detail was the uncle. He apparently became a doctor in the rear palace and got kicked out.. sound familiar? I wonder..

Next and final episode titled Jinshi and Maomao.. finally getting Maomao outfit from the OP too.. 😩 I know it’s going to be a masterclass.
Marinate1016Mar 16, 11:53 AM
Mar 16, 11:15 AM
Sep 2015
The preview makes it seem like a recap rather than the last episode.
Mar 16, 11:18 AM
Oct 2016
I'm going to preface this by saying that if anyone defends Lakan after this episode I will personally wring their neck!!! Lakan is a heartless bastard who deserves only ridicule and shame!! He slept with Maomao mom knowing what would happen after he did. I don't care about how he was forced away by his father for three years. Lakan set Maomao mom down this disastrous path!! If he hadn't have slept with her in that moment so many hardships she faced wouldn't have happened. He got her pregnant which lowered her value and forced her to sleep with lesser clients which made her get a horrible diseases that has now ravished her body and mind. Maomao could've lived with her mother peacefully but nope Lakan destroyed any hope of that. I wish Maomao had actually poisoned the glasses during their five game bet. Lakan deserves to be punished for his horrible treatment of those around him. I hope either Jinshi or Maomao herself puts this wild dog down.
Mar 16, 11:35 AM

Mar 2021
What a fantastic episode with us learning more about Maomao's father I cannot wait for the next episode.
Mar 16, 11:35 AM

Feb 2021
That must be Mahjong or Xiangqi they're playing, right? I wonder if there's anyone watching this who can actually analize the game. (Edit: Lakan said "Xiangqi" at 9:33, so it's that)
What can Lakan's condition be called? I'm sure it's something that exists irl.
15:15 Here Fengxian says that she wants to play Go, but Lakan says that he wants to play Xiangqi. Must mean something.

16:30 You can actually make out the characters for Fengxian (鳳仙) here, though it's pretty hard. Cursive Chinese/Japanese is a nightmare.

So Lakan... didn't actually do anything wrong? I actually like him now... (I already liked him as a character, but you know the drill)
The rose from the OP!

The next episode preview mostly consisted of shots from previous episodes, so I have NO idea what will happen.
Last episode next week ToT. Season 2 announcement right after it air pls 🙏
Mar 16, 11:40 AM

Feb 2022
Lakan was sent on a military campaign i thought, i wonder why they changed it to "Study"
Mar 16, 11:48 AM

Jan 2008
An interesting game of logic and wit, where Maomao was guaranteed to win by having her father trapped from the very beginning, all without any need to win the chess games.

After some searching, I found Lakan's psychological issue which is apparently a very real thing...[copied]: "A neurological condition called 'prosopagnosia', also known as 'face blindness', where individuals have difficulty recognizing or distinguishing faces. This condition can be congenital (present from birth) or acquired due to brain injury or neurological disorders." But I guess there's still a handful of faces he can recognize just fine, like Maomao, and people he takes an interest in like Maomao's mother.

Maomao's adoptive father (Luomen) is Lakan's uncle , so that would also mean Luomen is Maomao's grand-uncle. I know Luomen was expelled from the family...but I wonder if Maomao can ever reclaim her birthright from having the lineage of a noble family through Lakan. If she can...maybe she can have enough of a social status to one day be eligible to be a partner to Jinshi as a lover one day.

In the manga it should have been being sent off to a military campaign, whereas they changed to being forced to study abroad in the anime. Maybe they did this to put more of the onus on Lakan with his "mistake" of not returning sooner or realizing she was pregnant...because if he was on a military campaign, then he would not have as much control to return to his own volition.

The whole situation between both of Maomao's parents is tragic...all victims of circumstances. Speaking of the past...Lakan's monocle changed eyes. I know it's possible since I personally experienced one eye going bad sooner than the other and vice versa over the years and needed to either prioritize looking through one eye more often or just get a stronger prescription lens to even them out...but still, I just thought I'd point it out anyway.

Maomao's pinky finger was sliced off as a baby by her mother going insane after contracting syphilis. Would explain why she would occasionally look at her pinky finger every now and then throughout the series. I've always known that if it's just the very tip (that's what she said) then it can technically be regenerated...to an extent. If the nailbed is intact, then it might pass as normal looking enough at a glance, but noticeable that it's slightly shorter upon closer inspection.

Next episode...I hope it's not a recap. It's the last episode! I'm not ready...(unless they renew a sequel season).
Estoy_GordoMar 16, 12:24 PM
Mar 16, 11:51 AM

Sep 2017
Well fuck me I guess. Almost wanna go back and watch everything with Lakan now. Perhaps with this new perspective I'll be able to see him in a different light.
Mar 16, 11:55 AM

Dec 2022
well this gave a backstory of la khan
i wouldnt call la khan oblivious but he is short-sighted
anyway kinda feel bad for the guy if only he could figure it out he might have had a happy family
Mar 16, 11:56 AM

Jul 2011
A lot of blood ties problems. So let's be an ass and wonder. Lakan differentiated Meimei in what order? Nice build or voice, first?

I want to know what's Meimei opinion about Lakan. She doesn't sound like having a lot of animosity against him
Mar 16, 12:06 PM

Jan 2016
I guess Lakan was just rather unfortunate. The one time he didn't think about the consequences his actions would cause, it ruins his whole life. But that's what love is huh.
Still, even if he figured Fengxian was pregnant and drop the study abroad it would result in him having problems with his family now... A complete lose-lose situation
And because Lakan couldn't interact with his daughter the whole time he turned into... that. Poor man just wants some attention

I wonder how Maomao knows him so well to know every single one of his weakness, I still have so many questions and doubt 1 more episode can answer it all
RyushindaiMar 16, 12:10 PM
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

May 2018
Ugh as much as I love historically themed content, seeing how women were treated in those days really gets my blood boiling!!! This was a great reminder that no matter how we try and romanticize the past, I wouldn't want to exist as a woman in any other era.
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Mar 16, 12:10 PM

Jul 2017
Good to see more focus on Lakan's character in detail after weeks of teasing little doses here and there, with a more clear focus of what his and Fengxian's relationship was like in the second half of the episode. Slower start to this episode but it definitely picked up towards the end. Liked seeing Lakan's perspective a lot of how he viewed people as pawns or pieces throughout the episode, the direction in general was strong here.
Mar 16, 12:10 PM

Oct 2018
Peak. Kino.
I feel so satisfied with my life, getting to see this animated.
And the ride's not over yet, next episode will be a banger too (I hope it's not a recap,,,)
- ratings literally don't matter. (especially the top 10 or whatever)
- anime characters aren't real people.
- why do you have signatures on. lol
Mar 16, 12:33 PM
Jun 2023
Noelle43 said:
Ugh as much as I love historically themed content, seeing how women were treated in those days really gets my blood boiling!!! This was a great reminder that no matter how we try and romanticize the past, I wouldn't want to exist as a woman in any other era.

I mean it still isn't any better in countries like Afghanistan,Pakistan etc
Decided to give up on my religion and became agnostic , my cousin sis is doing her astrophysics phd and yet she is heavily pressured into marrying someone, like as if she is worse being alone by her choice while studying something loves instead of marrying someone society chooses for her.
Countries in Europe do have the equality luxury(maybe even quite some more advantages than men) atleast from my friends perspective and internet sources(could be wrong).

My grandma was forced to have a kid at age 14 and this was just the mid 20th century.

Ik people have their own choice but I feel that no one desires to become a cornstar or prostitute, they are mostly exploited at the mere age of 18 especially when the brain isn't fully developed,like I am 18 and still can't quite make a lot of decisions.
Recently a famous star died by suicide and pretty much a lot of comments were mocking her, it just felt sad , like who the hell is any better while dying? pretty sure we are all equal at least when we die.
Ik I wrote a lot but we humans have caused more harm to each other than any other species or natural disasters.
Miyamotodex23Mar 16, 12:51 PM
Mar 16, 12:35 PM

Apr 2015
Man this episode was like 3 minutes really.

I am not ready for the end :(
Mar 16, 12:38 PM

Apr 2010
Well a harsh past but now we know who Maomao's parents are.
Hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Still Moamoa used a pretty nasty tactic to win that game.
Mar 16, 12:54 PM

May 2018
Reply to Miyamotodex23
Noelle43 said:

I mean it still isn't any better in countries like Afghanistan,Pakistan etc
Decided to give up on my religion and became agnostic , my cousin sis is doing her astrophysics phd and yet she is heavily pressured into marrying someone, like as if she is worse being alone by her choice while studying something loves instead of marrying someone society chooses for her.
Countries in Europe do have the equality luxury(maybe even quite some more advantages than men) atleast from my friends perspective and internet sources(could be wrong).

My grandma was forced to have a kid at age 14 and this was just the mid 20th century.

Ik people have their own choice but I feel that no one desires to become a cornstar or prostitute, they are mostly exploited at the mere age of 18 especially when the brain isn't fully developed,like I am 18 and still can't quite make a lot of decisions.
Recently a famous star died by suicide and pretty much a lot of comments were mocking her, it just felt sad , like who the hell is any better while dying? pretty sure we are all equal at least when we die.
Ik I wrote a lot but we humans have caused more harm to each other than any other species or natural disasters.
@Miyamotodex23 Oh trust me... I'm well aware that there are plenty of atrocities committed against women in our modern world, but I maintain that I'd rather exist now than any other era. Lesser of two evils, I guess. I am fortunate enough to live in the US, or more specifically a state that protects abortion rights, so I have it easier than those that live in more marginalized societies.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma and cousin, obviously they deserve better.
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Mar 16, 12:56 PM
Apr 2021
Loved to see a bit of backstory about Maomao's parents great episode.
Mar 16, 12:57 PM
Sep 2021
I‘veseen people commenting hoe Lakan isn‘t actually that bad and just a victim of circumstances, but I would say he is still a complete asshole. Okay, he didn’t think about getting her pregnant and he had little say in when he would return, but why did he seemingly do nothing for Maomao? Did I miss something, because it seems like he didn’t do anything these past 15 or so years but we’re supposed to sympathise with him?
Mar 16, 1:00 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to Embient
That must be Mahjong or Xiangqi they're playing, right? I wonder if there's anyone watching this who can actually analize the game. (Edit: Lakan said "Xiangqi" at 9:33, so it's that)
15:15 Here Fengxian says that she wants to play Go, but Lakan says that he wants to play Xiangqi. Must mean something.

16:30 You can actually make out the characters for Fengxian (鳳仙) here, though it's pretty hard. Cursive Chinese/Japanese is a nightmare.

So Lakan... didn't actually do anything wrong? I actually like him now... (I already liked him as a character, but you know the drill)
The rose from the OP!

The next episode preview mostly consisted of shots from previous episodes, so I have NO idea what will happen.
Last episode next week ToT. Season 2 announcement right after it air pls 🙏
Embient said:
That must be Mahjong or Xiangqi they're playing, right? I wonder if there's anyone watching this who can actually analize the game.
It's Xiangqi, which part of it do you need the analyzation?

Embient said:
It's called Prosopagnosia.
Mar 16, 1:08 PM
Apr 2018
Reply to Lobter
I‘veseen people commenting hoe Lakan isn‘t actually that bad and just a victim of circumstances, but I would say he is still a complete asshole. Okay, he didn’t think about getting her pregnant and he had little say in when he would return, but why did he seemingly do nothing for Maomao? Did I miss something, because it seems like he didn’t do anything these past 15 or so years but we’re supposed to sympathise with him?
@Lobter he wasn’t alllowed to, he kept getting chased away by the granny and other maids, saying how there was no baby even though Lakan knew they had a child born there.
Mar 16, 1:08 PM
Apr 2018
Reply to Lobter
@Lobter he wasn’t alllowed to, he kept getting chased away by the granny and other maids, saying how there was no baby even though Lakan knew they had a child born there.
Mar 16, 1:10 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to kizumi91
Embient said:
That must be Mahjong or Xiangqi they're playing, right? I wonder if there's anyone watching this who can actually analize the game.
It's Xiangqi, which part of it do you need the analyzation?

Embient said:
It's called Prosopagnosia.
@kizumi91 idk, the very start I guess. Is it really visible that Maomao is inexperienced, and Lakan is very good?
And thanks for the name of the condition.
Mar 16, 1:11 PM
Apr 2023
Maisan888 said:
@IzanaSolos Personally, I find the backstory makes Lakan more understandable. He was born with a disability that made it difficult to interact and understand those around him. Both Fengxian and Lakan loved each other and they got in bed together with each other's consent. Immediately after, Lakan's father sent him off abroad (which he can't really disobey). When he learned what happend after he got back, with no hesitation, he immediately rushed to find her and their daughter. Unfortunate circumstances was what led to where their story is now

yeah, at first I thought he was a bastard who forced mao-mao's mother to sept with him but man after learning the backstory i really feel bad for him.

It isn't like he doesn't try to solve or face the problem. He just can't do anything.
Mar 16, 1:16 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to Embient
@kizumi91 idk, the very start I guess. Is it really visible that Maomao is inexperienced, and Lakan is very good?
And thanks for the name of the condition.
@Embient ah I mean, what you asked was the rule of the game or something else?
Mar 16, 1:19 PM
Jun 2023
Debating whether to remain anime only or read the light novel, maybe college and time will give me the answer xd
Mar 16, 1:20 PM
Jun 2023
Noelle43 said:
@Miyamotodex23 Oh trust me... I'm well aware that there are plenty of atrocities committed against women in our modern world, but I maintain that I'd rather exist now than any other era. Lesser of two evils, I guess. I am fortunate enough to live in the US, or more specifically a state that protects abortion rights, so I have it easier than those that live in more marginalized societies.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma and cousin, obviously they deserve better.

You didn't take my comment the wrong way right?
People should be free to make their own choices and I believe in a lot of developed countries patriarchy is a relic of the past.
Do you think this is true based on your experience in a developed country?

Ik even a lot men are assaulted but on reddit,internet and irl the severity of women being assaulted is very much higher even in developed countries, sadly many men still don't get consent and I do think corn is one of the factors that get them to choke or do their fantasy without asking their partners beforehand.

Thanks for the wishes! My grandma and cousin are strong women in their own right:)
Mar 16, 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
I mean good episode but thanks to people spoiling the novel I already knew what was going to happen these two episodes. Mao and her alcohol/poison resistance tho x) Saving the day, its kinda cheating but hey, cheating is a strat. Anime, where getting drunk happens in 5 secs. Gotta feel bad for the mom tho. Yes she went crazy but syphilis (its 1 of the worst thing you could get back then, still is but we got cures) and being a streetwalker are both just..ye.

Also I hate to go political but if you're complaining as a woman in the west it's a joke. Obviously every crime is a bad and every victim is a victim no matter what but it's not like you guys are bigger victims than men.

If we talk about the non-western world however yes I completely agree
removed-userMar 16, 1:49 PM
Mar 16, 1:39 PM

Apr 2012
I suspected that, unlike Maomao, her father did have some “peculiarities” of a psychological nature, but I did not think that this would actually be a real illness. Prosopagnosia usually develops as a result of autism, head injuries, vascular dysfunction or poor heredity, so I wonder what the case is here. He can clearly see the faces of people who matter to him, so maybe it wasn't trauma?

Also, it seems Maomao is really her mother’s daughter, as they say. Her mother is like a more mature and adult version of Maomao with a "cold beauty" vibes. Although I won't deny, our heroine also has a lot of her father's personality. So, in fact, he killed her, because due to pregnancy and unintentional neglect, she sharply lost in status and contracted syphilis from someone?
Mar 16, 1:42 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Aversa
Well a harsh past but now we know who Maomao's parents are.
Hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Still Moamoa used a pretty nasty tactic to win that game.
@Aversa Chinese concepts of strategy allow this, since the ability to deceive or manipulate the enemy is considered a sign of skill.

@_Sanchay I would not say that treating people as pieces in his “chess” game can be called highly moral. Although this was clearly caused by his illness and was a rare opportunity for him to socialize, he is still quite a special person. Although yes, he really loved and appreciated her mother.

@Marinate1016
RobertBobertMar 16, 1:49 PM
Mar 16, 1:45 PM
Aug 2019
Everything makes sense about mao mao's family
Mar 16, 1:52 PM

Jul 2012
A really great episode, yet sad and painful.
Mar 16, 1:52 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to phantomfandom
The preview makes it seem like a recap rather than the last episode.
@phantomfandom it will be the same as the last episiode of the first half. They will sahow some recap, but at least half of iot will be the actual conclusion for this partb of the story.
Mar 16, 1:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another sad story under the Maomao ´s "father"!
kekeke
Mar 16, 2:02 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to Dukino
I'm going to preface this by saying that if anyone defends Lakan after this episode I will personally wring their neck!!! Lakan is a heartless bastard who deserves only ridicule and shame!! He slept with Maomao mom knowing what would happen after he did. I don't care about how he was forced away by his father for three years. Lakan set Maomao mom down this disastrous path!! If he hadn't have slept with her in that moment so many hardships she faced wouldn't have happened. He got her pregnant which lowered her value and forced her to sleep with lesser clients which made her get a horrible diseases that has now ravished her body and mind. Maomao could've lived with her mother peacefully but nope Lakan destroyed any hope of that. I wish Maomao had actually poisoned the glasses during their five game bet. Lakan deserves to be punished for his horrible treatment of those around him. I hope either Jinshi or Maomao herself puts this wild dog down.
@Dukino he had no idea she got pregnant. Courtesans are very careful with it. The anime skipped some explanations but she deliberately choose the day when she had higher chance to get pregnant in hope her price plummers enough for him to buy her. Lakans only fault was that he did not caught the situation after her next letter as he still hoped to get back soon. Anime also missed to explain what led to him being away for three years (he had to deal with famine results on the Empires border). Because of the same famine MaoMaos mother had to take the lowest sex work after her position as Verdigris princess got compromised (if it was the better year, she could at least avoid the bad clirents).
Mar 16, 2:04 PM
Apr 2023
FoodstampDayo said:
I mean good episode but thanks to people spoiling the novel I already knew what was going to happen these two episodes. Mao and her alcohol/poison resistance tho x) Saving the day, its kinda cheating but hey, cheating is a strat. Anime, where getting drunk happens in 5 secs. Gotta feel bad for the mom tho. Yes she went crazy but syphilis (its 1 of the worst thing you could get back then, still is but we got cures) and being a streetwalker are both just..ye.

Also I hate to go political but if you're complaining as a woman in the west it's a joke. Obviously every crime is a bad and every victim is a victim no matter what but it's not like you guys are bigger victims than men.

just a question.

how did she actually get syphilis? by sleeping with others?
Mar 16, 2:07 PM
Jul 2019
Reply to _Sanchay
FoodstampDayo said:

just a question.

@_Sanchay Yes. Syphilis can be infected by sex.
Mar 16, 2:10 PM
Feb 2024
The best Apothecary Diaries episode,i've ever watched!!!😍😍😍
Mar 16, 2:13 PM

Nov 2021
Damn this episode really got me.. I can't believe it's ending next week :(
Mar 16, 2:15 PM
Apr 2023
PeeMheeSudSalt said:
@_Sanchay Yes. Syphilis can be infected by sex.

ok. So, she lost it all and everything.
Mar 16, 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
If Lakan and Maomom had "loving" consensual baby making then why was he gleefully reminiscing about wanting to sexually assault her to Jinshi? Just trolling? Cause at this point it's not a plot twist. It's just the author lying to the audience.
Mar 16, 2:18 PM
Feb 2024
A fantastic episod. I've never thought what Lankan had to pass and his sufference. His past is really sad, I thought that He abuse of Fengshian but not They were in love but destiny didn't allow them to be a happy family. I'm so sad and only remains one episode about this incredible anime but manga is on work so let's continue reading Maomao's adventures!!!
Mar 16, 2:18 PM
Oct 2022
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
If Lakan and Maomom had "loving" consensual baby making then why was he gleefully reminiscing about wanting to sexually assault her to Jinshi? Just trolling? Cause at this point it's not a plot twist. It's just the author lying to the audience.

After all the work the show put into making him seem shady as fuck, I'm going to consider all of this a retcon.

_Sanchay said:

Yes. She was forced to become a common prostitute after getting pregnant.
HyperlinkBlockedMar 16, 2:26 PM
Mar 16, 2:22 PM
Aug 2022
I was feeling guilty for liking Maomao’s father since I assumed he was a bad guy. Happy to find out that wasn’t exactly the case and I can keep liking the character without worries *nervous laugh*. Loved the ep!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

205 by LotteGiants »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

90 by grandy_UiD »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 4, 2023

158 by Anshika_Sh »»
Jun 10, 10:36 AM

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:38 AM

» Fun fact about Maomao

Fukoku - Oct 22, 2023

11 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.