Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, I can't stand this Itsuki guy.

The jokes in this show also sounds really awkward with the fetishes. I can't say for a fact that the humor is good either as it feels dry. OP song is somewhat catchy although doesn't look visually impressive.

Got pretty mixed thoughts on this show so far. Nayuta is cute but her relationship with Itsuki is really hard to watch, especially when she's out of his sight.
Stark700Oct 8, 2017 7:43 AM
Oct 8, 2017 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
Well the main is stubbornly fixed on imouto but he is defenitely out with that girl who is interested in him for me she was the one that made this episode and the one that made me want to watch more.
I had a good laugh because of her and she isn't like the usual anime girls meaning she isn't overly innocent.
The main needs some work tho.
Oct 8, 2017 8:02 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was a weird start..looks like there is a trap brother too. It's good that the series doesn't have incest (non blood related type too), since I find it cringy, most of the time. The comedy wasn't particularly good and since that's probably one of the focus of the series, I can see it being a problem. The discussion between the 4 novelists was sleep inducing..Will see about the romance part later on, but so far not very impressed with this one.
Oct 8, 2017 8:03 AM

Apr 2014
Oonuma Shin coming back for an imouto anime. This is amazing! Loved the first episode but I am hoping for more development
Oct 8, 2017 8:03 AM

Jul 2014
What's crazier, super pervy guy making super pervy manga or show about super pervy guy that showcases the manga?
Oct 8, 2017 8:19 AM

May 2012
The first few minutes were a little odd but I honestly found it kinda funny with how overboard it was. I thought it was some next level shit

They're definitely pretty quirky, but beyond that, they seem pretty normal for the most part. I'd love to see more of the characters later on, espeially Nayu and her past and the content of her debut work.

Also, the synopsis is such a troll since his "little sister" ended up being a little brother lol Funny how Itsuki is a siscon without the sister
OlemOct 8, 2017 8:35 AM

Oct 8, 2017 8:34 AM

Dec 2014
First I thought the opening scene was weird but then once we snapped back to reality, I found it hilarious. XD
It's been a while since I heard a ChouChou OP, really nice. :)

Trap brother was unexpected on my part.

I like the humor of the show and the characters seem like a quirky and fun bunch.

Nayu for best girl. Really liked her small flashback and how she became an author and met MC. However, the strongest point of the episode for me was when MC remembered reading Nayu first book, I found the way he read and teared up very relatable. XD

Will look forward to more.
Oct 8, 2017 8:34 AM

Feb 2016
More then 80% of the episode was original and had stuff that in it that wasnt in the Novel,
Im pissed off since i love the series
Oct 8, 2017 8:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This was surprisingly good (as soon as i got over the first min or so lol). The humour is pretty funny (better than Eromanga-sensei although it's comparable) and i like the group dynamic, they just seem to hang out having fun.

The silver haired girl obviously is a good writer seeing that Itsuki teared up reading the book and got fired up to write again.
Oct 8, 2017 8:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Now that is one horny and sexually aggressive girl if I ever saw it. I like it :>

What I find the most curious about this episode though was actually this:

I legit have like 5 of the board games on his shelf at home. I'm surprised to see that level of accuracy for just a background shot. Their names and covers aren't censored at all either; they're totally correct. Then again I guess the anime characters and series mentioned throughout the episode were legitimate too so maybe they just did a bit more paperwork than most shows here. Kinda cool to see
Oct 8, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2008
Well, I can see where this is going. Itsuki is a pervert siscon but he will end up falling for Nayu for sure. It's way too obvious not to happen. The little brother being a trap wouldn't change anything, IMO. I mean, even if Itsuki realized that his little brother is a she, he still won't choose her over Nayu.

Oct 8, 2017 8:50 AM

Mar 2016
Somehow I got past the first minute, but I was pleasantly surprised to find something decent and enjoyable. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.
send help

and friends
Oct 8, 2017 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
siscon guy that doesn't have a sister, feelsbadman
the title is misleading people..
they would think it will be just like eromanga-sensei
and

this grill is thirsty af
best grill
Oct 8, 2017 8:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
First I thought the opening scene was weird but then once we snapped back to reality, I found it hilarious. XD
It's been a while since I heard a ChouChou OP, really nice. :)

Trap brother was unexpected on my part.

I like the humor of the show and the characters seem like a quirky and fun bunch.

Nayu for best girl. Really liked her small flashback and how she became an author and met MC. However, the strongest point of the episode for me was when MC remembered reading Nayu first book, I found the way he read and teared up very relatable. XD

Will look forward to more.
My twin speaking facts here
Oct 8, 2017 9:05 AM

Jun 2015
What an odd first episode. The beginning was very weird. Itsuki has a messed up mind. Nayuta says some naughty things to him. She really likes him.
Oct 8, 2017 9:05 AM

Jul 2010
I would have dropped after the first few seconds, if I had not realized it was some sort of dream from the weird accent quirks of the "little sister".
Oct 8, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
Carcassone, Dixit, Elfenland, Dominion, Pandemic, Rosenkönig, Agricola, Avalon, Coloretto, 6 nimmt, etc. I immediately fell in love with this anime simply by seeing the collection of board games in the room, most of which I highly enjoy as well, and they even showed the Spiel des Jahres awards on the boxes, next to publishers and correct colours. My world <3
Oct 8, 2017 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
A siscon novelist without a sister and the "perfect little sister" ended up being a trap.

First few minutes was just weird it was just the MC perverted work. Nayuta is what is making this worth watching.

Oct 8, 2017 9:18 AM

Jan 2015
this is boring and not funny and the tone is all over the place. animation isn't very good either. i think i'll pass
Oct 8, 2017 9:23 AM
Jun 2014
They weren't kidding, when they said that the anime should feel fresh for those, who read the novel. They combined a lot of scenes to create a flow for the TV series. Let's see how it went:

Keep in mind that the novel has a lot of small chapters per volume, about 14, so they gave an individual feeling, instead of a continuous story.
The novel starts with the same rejected script scene. Props for them for animating it, cause I also had the same reaction as Toki-san, when read it. Itsuki you madman! :"D
The scene leads to Chihiro's entrance, but in the novel, Chihiro was the only one, who visited Itsuki. Here, they brought all of the main cast together, instead of separate visits.
Kani was the next visitor in the novel, and spent the night there by purposely missing the last train. The same shower scene happened, but it was a natural shower, not due to being drenched by booze. This lead to Miyako's introduction next morning, where Kani is the one that answered the door for her.
Haruto's visit was also a seperate one or two, and I also feel like the game happened in a different visit, where Kani was also there, but Chihiro and Miyako were still missing. I wonder if they are going to adapt the board game(s), or only these "minigames". Maybe as OVA(s), but we shall see...

All in all, not a bad way of mixing chapters, but I felt like something was missing, and I can't exactly pinpoint what...
Oct 8, 2017 9:33 AM

Jun 2017
I was interested until the little sister turned out to be a trap so I am dropping this. Good luck to those who will stick around :D.
Oct 8, 2017 9:34 AM

Oct 2013
Did everyone get all the references in the episode?
I got some of them, but not all.
Could someone help gather them? Thank you.

Oct 8, 2017 9:35 AM

Oct 2013
MomoSinX said:
I was interested until the little sister turned out to be a trap so I am dropping this. Good luck to those who will stick around :D.

Chihiro, the main guy's sibling, is
Oct 8, 2017 9:38 AM

Jun 2017
GoldenPincers said:
MomoSinX said:

Chihiro, the main guy's sibling, is

Oct 8, 2017 9:44 AM

Feb 2015
Perfect title for this anime :
Trap

./.........................................................................
Oct 8, 2017 9:45 AM

May 2010
i like it when i dont have to watch more than 30 seconds to tell a show is trasgh to me
Oct 8, 2017 9:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kerozinn said:
i like it when i dont have to watch more than 30 seconds to tell a show is trasgh to me
Considering that the first 2-3 minutes of the show were literally a lie, in this particular case I'm not sure you can say that
Oct 8, 2017 9:55 AM

Dec 2016
The first part is so bad, so I will think of it as a parody of some sort. The rest is quite good, hope in future they will not make so many scene like the first part one...
Oct 8, 2017 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
Well this was enjoyable, I guess I'll watch it after all.
Oct 8, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2013
GoldenPincers said:

That cat girl looks like Maria from Haganai, I might be wrong but there is an action figure like that.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Oct 8, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
What the heck... is this show actually gonna be good? O_o

Anyways, its already starting to look better than Eromanga, both in terms of animation and characters.

I don't really see where the story is going to tho...

If it ends up even anywhere CLOSE to the quality of Shirobako or Girlish Number, I'll be impressed :)
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Oct 8, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2016
Went way overboard in the first 2 minutes. Never dropped a series faster.
What would Golgo do?
Oct 8, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2017
This show is really good lol, I really loved the jokes aswell.
Oct 8, 2017 10:19 AM

Sep 2013
KEK the start and the 'trap' are normalfag repellent XD
Mc being a imouto lover seems forced, probably doing it on purpose so he can avoid nayuta for some reason.
Oct 8, 2017 10:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ramiel00 said:
GoldenPincers said:

That cat girl looks like Maria from Haganai, I might be wrong but there is an action figure like that.
Considering that this is from the same author as Haganai that seems pretty likely
Oct 8, 2017 10:36 AM

Nov 2014
It looks interesting. After his reaction to her work I can imagine where the story will go and it's not exactly what I like. But Nayu seems really awesome and it looks like she is female lead? Girls like her never win, but it's not harem, so I really want to see where the romance part goes.
Oct 8, 2017 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
Lots of "returning" characters lol.

Looks like Yukimura Kusunoki lost his way. Chihiro got the same VA. Wonder what does that mean *wink* *wink*
Oct 8, 2017 10:44 AM
Apr 2017
Well... Just gonna watch it for the sake of Nayuta, Chihiro n Oreimo reference
Oct 8, 2017 10:45 AM

Jun 2017
Terkhev said:
It looks interesting. After his reaction to her work I can imagine where the story will go and it's not exactly what I like. But Nayu seems really awesome and it looks like she is female lead? Girls like her never win, but it's not harem, so I really want to see where the romance part goes.

Nayu pretty much carries this show for me so far. I guess the MC won't get together with her because of his inferiority complex.
Oct 8, 2017 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
The fact that Nayu is able to write a story that can bring Itsuki to tears while at the same time she has such a perverted personality creates such a weird contrast in her character. I guess there's more than meets the eye as far as her relation with Itsuki goes. I'm curious as to how that's gonna play out.

The episode would have been just as good without Miyako to be honest, she felt kinda useless and the whole mystery game shtick fell kinda flat for me... Other than that it was an okay episode, nothing spectacular.
Oct 8, 2017 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
Five minutes in, and I was already bawling. Fucking ridiculous opening. It gives off Eromanga + Shimoneta + maybe Saekano vibes, but it's definitely less restrained than Saekano. This is going to be a funny one.

5/5
aikaflipOct 22, 2017 8:29 AM
Oct 8, 2017 11:16 AM

Jul 2016
Could've sworn the imaginary sister was saying ochinchin when she was telling her brother to wake up at the beginning. That was probably intentional.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 11:16 AM

Mar 2015
First impression of this anime is kind of "meh...."

I mean seriously, I cringed so hard on the first 2 minutes lol, thank God that's not the actual anime premise.

Anyway, the main love interest seems interesting.... really interesting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How could you have a siscon MC without an actual sister! That's like... hmm... original? lol. Also I can't believe they referenced Kobato, Komachi and Kirino in this episode without censoring or parodying them. That's nice.

Although I didn't enjoy much the middle part with the Q&A thing, since I didn't watch this anime to watch a "who wants to be a millionaire" kind of show.

Oct 8, 2017 11:29 AM

Jul 2015
Such a fun first episode, silver haired girl looks like a funny and good girl, i don't mind watching it.
Oct 8, 2017 11:34 AM
Dec 2015
I picked up this show purely on the cover art, but learning the premise didn't expect much. I was surprised when this show was awful. While the first segment was awful and cringey, I have a feeling that there won't be much of that in the show overall. It was a bit like a parody of all the little sister craze right now. The little bro doesn't even have much screen time which I enjoy, even though his character is nice. I wish they would stop with the obnoxious little stamp after the jokes, ruins it a bit.

Oct 8, 2017 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
What a misleading intro. If only the rest of the episode was as good.

bibi-fan said:
I wish they would stop with the obnoxious little stamp after the jokes, ruins it a bit.

Seriously. That shit only works well with 4-komas.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 8, 2017 11:45 AM
Jan 2017
Imouto series don't really interested, so I only gave this show a chance because some of my favorite VAs where working here. Itsuki is a bit creepy, what with his imouto fetish, so it's good to see other characters that comment on this weird, yet somehow hilarious obsession. The description for his next novel was actually so disgusting I had to stop watching for a while to steel my stomach. To me, the main attraction was Nayuta, who constantly tries to woo her senpai with her quirky attitude. Hopefully, things will pick up next week.
Oct 8, 2017 12:37 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well, it was pretty 50/50, i thought it could be worst than that and actually laughed a couple of times (like Nayu calling Itsuki's manuscript a slut) but i had a fair amount of problem in this episode. There's a chance it could be better i guess.

5/10 for the first episode
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 8, 2017 12:41 PM
Apr 2015
Isn't a siscon without a younger sister in this case just a pedo? Also the formula of unappealing jerk MC turning down the hot girl is a little played out. No way would any strait guy keep his ship together if a hot girl threw herself at him like that.
Oct 8, 2017 12:51 PM

Sep 2015
That start with the novel script was kinda funny
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

167 by Prinzwil »»
May 26, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

105 by myanimelisy »»
May 17, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

139 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 8:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.