Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 5, 2023 5:13 PM

Jul 2016
Wonder if the woman "who committed suicide" is related to the case of failed poisoning towards Lishu.

Insert song during the "spinning plant" (lol) scene was nice, by the way.
Dec 5, 2023 6:12 PM
Oct 2019
Damn this palace is really not a safe place for sure.

Ahh the foreshadowing at the end.

They keep planting more seed, can't wait until everything convergence.
Dec 5, 2023 9:09 PM

Aug 2022
Does alcohol work on maomao?
Dec 5, 2023 10:33 PM

Jan 2021
This episode helped highlight how unfair of a position Maomao is often put in as a person of lower status. There's many ways where she can become someone's enemy as a result of meddling in something, and there's not a whole lot she can do if that enemy is more powerful than her or gets the drop on her. I kind of lost that in her hijinks and the fact that it's her perspective that we're following. It's also a good follow up to her dad gently curbing her curiosity in last week's case, and reminding her that it's usually best for her to leave well enough alone. She's brilliant in a lot of ways, but also quite vulnerable
Dec 6, 2023 1:58 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to dicloflom
Does alcohol work on maomao?
@dicloflom no, she's resistant to it.
Dec 6, 2023 9:48 AM

Apr 2009
Death and more death...and we're back to good ol' conspiracy which will lead to more deaths.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 6, 2023 2:45 PM
Jun 2023
Had a gorgeous sequence of how prevalent death is and how fleeting life can be. Very thoughtful episode but still held its comedic charm. <3
Dec 8, 2023 1:32 AM

Feb 2019
Maomao's reaction to getting alcohol was funny and cute lol

Can anyone remind me why they are looking for someone with burns on their arm?
Dec 8, 2023 5:33 AM
Apr 2021
Shikkakku said:

Because the eunuch who burns the trash got chemical burns from touching the tablets he was burning. And Jinshi thought it might be a plot against the emperor.
Dec 8, 2023 7:16 AM

Feb 2019
Reply to Tobimaroo
Shikkakku said:

Because the eunuch who burns the trash got chemical burns from touching the tablets he was burning. And Jinshi thought it might be a plot against the emperor.
@Tobimaroo ah right, thank you so much!
Dec 9, 2023 12:45 PM
Dec 2023
I love all of the episodes, with the way the episodes are laid out great because they give you a shadow of what is to come wich makes me want to watch more and more I just wish to have th whole series so I can bing it.
Dec 10, 2023 1:21 AM
Feb 2020
this is just gorgeous , favorite female character in all anime so far
Dec 10, 2023 1:28 AM

Oct 2020
MaoMao's father was at the Rear Palace, interesting.
Dec 10, 2023 8:49 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to Flashking69
I think I recognized Aimer singing during the discussion of Maomao's death, if anyone finds the title I'm a taker!
Episode was quite emotional, I really liked it.

Edit: the insert song is « Towards the Lignt » by XAI
You can find it on platforms
@Flashking69 Thank you so much.
Dec 10, 2023 8:50 PM
Sep 2023
refreshing and uncommon anime...loving it so far
Dec 11, 2023 6:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
2 deaths, strange destinies of both!!!
kekeke
Dec 13, 2023 10:30 AM
Feb 2022
Beautiful, no more to say
Dec 13, 2023 10:44 PM

Jan 2018
damn.... throughout the series we forget that Maomao is human, very young but is surrounded by deaths. she doesn't seem affected by it till now. I love how at the start of the episode Maomao doesn't seem to care that the man who drinks a lot died but when she saw Jinshi was mourning for him, she realize that other people do care. It really shows how valuable human life is.
Dec 16, 2023 3:28 PM
Jun 2020
Idk still a fine show of course, but something just felt kinda preachy with all the dialogue from maomao. Preachy isn't the exact word I'm looking for, maybe it just felt flat with no chemistry between anyone else. Hopefully it's just an intentional case of being glum and lifeless due to all the fatalities lately.
Dec 17, 2023 7:33 PM
Jul 2017
this episode was meh but it seems like the plot is getting thick
Dec 18, 2023 7:28 PM
May 2020
I can consider this episode as a big irony. The first chapter of the episode showed us a millitary officer dying from excessive drinking. Maomao admited she couldn't feel bad about an unknown guy's death, what justified her indifference towards the guy, even after knowing he was an important person to Jinshi. However, in the last chapter of the ep, Maomao felt bad about a woman she never met who died after throwing herself(?) in the water. It's really interesting to see that the social conditions do interfere in Maomao's judgement, what happens because it remembers her about all death cases she watched in her whole life and also about the fact she is always at risk of dying, since she is poor and her life has no value to that country.
Dec 20, 2023 6:22 AM
Oct 2023
The show is getting very interesting at this time. Very elaborate fine detailed. What would be the emotions you feel if someone try to kill you.
Dec 31, 2023 8:07 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Poor Jinshi acquaintance must death from salt overdose inside the jar of booze. But with that his term with Maomao actually return to their normal state? Can we be glad about it?

Then some serious case happening. A murder or suicide? Once again Maomao being cynical to the case. But she still explaining it well from her logic even though the result still unclear and remain mystery sadly because of the nuance suddenly get gloom out of the blue.

Seems like all of the cases reminded her a lot about her past which may related to the 'murder or suicide'. Still for unknown reason, they moving on, the drowning case also getting closed, i am also closing as well. Tho the thing with the previous case of the burning arms finally getting interesting since Gaoshu be able found a key person which may become the mastermind of all the mystery that kept happening since currently....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 1, 11:22 AM

May 2019
I think (or at least hoping) that all of these murders and attempted murders are related and that the person(s) responsible are about to be uncovered, especially with Gaoshun updating Jinshi with finding a lady with burns on her arm. Also, with Maomao requesting Jinshi to poison her if she is ever sentenced to death, that is probably due to Maomao getting more involved with the various mysteries/murders within the rear palace.
Jan 1, 2:36 PM

Jan 2024
It was a very good and emotional episode.
Jan 1, 4:51 PM

Aug 2020
So is this show a Kusuriya no Hitorigoto or Kusuriya no Suiri?
Jan 5, 8:56 PM
Dec 2023
Wow this girl is incredible.
Jan 6, 4:37 AM
Jun 2022
amazing
i love it :)
Jan 7, 6:11 AM
Oct 2022
found a nice live wallpaper 18:21 to 18:23
Jan 7, 6:12 AM
Oct 2022
found a nice live wallpaper 18:21 to 18:23
Jan 14, 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
Well, this was a rather grim episode. A lot of death and depressing thoughts.

So, Ah-Duo's head lady-in-waiting also has burns on her arms. Will she be interrogated?

Jan 20, 4:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Alcohol and salt uh that's harsh, poor guy... also that girl who committed suicide turns out to be the one who tried poisoning last time :o
Jan 22, 9:56 PM
May 2020
It very comfy show, with a side of drama... but thats barely noticeable
Jan 28, 7:42 PM

Jul 2023
There were some stunning images there, but I can't figure out how the two cases advance the plot.

Jinshin is on to something and the suspect is the head lady-in-waiting of another concubine, but this will have to wait for the next episode.
Jan 31, 4:22 PM

Apr 2017
This is probably my favourite episode yet, I think of all the people in times long past who weren't gifted the visions of a better future from those that came before them, to how immobile and absolute the system might seem

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Feb 4, 2:14 PM

Sep 2014
This made me check how old she actually is, 17, older than I expected.

"If you ever need to execute me, please do it with poison". Is a very random thing to say, I need to bring that into my daily vocabulary.

Foreshadowing? I doubt it, she is too valuable and doesnt try to stand out, there is no situation I can see that happening.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 7, 4:56 PM

Aug 2022
This episode highlighted the often unfair position Maomao is placed in as a person of lower status...and to be honest, it quite saddened me. Times have surely changed in many ways, but from personal experience...I felt that deeply. There are many ways she could become someone's enemy as a result of meddling in something, and there's not a whole lot she can do if that enemy is more powerful than her or catches her off guard. Like when she could not refuse the Emperor's order and would've possibly faced execution in case of failure; yet, she would not have been able to cure Consort Lihua if she hadn't managed to get past the hostile ladies-in-waiting by borrowing Jinshi's authority. Of course, she has plot armor as the main character: While still being a servant, she is in the good graces of the emperor (for now), three-quarters of his concubines, and Jinshi. She obviously can't step too far out of line, but she probably has more leeway than anyone else in her position. Anyway, another great episode, a bit bittersweet perhaps, but nonetheless a great one indeed! Looking forward to the next!
Feb 21, 7:46 AM
Jul 2022
This episode hit hard for me. When maomao was talking about death and how unexpected it can be. How no one knows when they'll die. It made me cry. Yesterday I recieved news that a friend died of a cocaine overdose. He was found dead in his university dorm. He was 20 years old. I imagine he never expected to die that night. I wonder what dreams and hopes he had for the future. We all think we have so much time and we procrastinate for so long, just waiting to make a start on the things we wish to do. Don't keep waiting for tomorrow, start today, before death catches up with you.
Feb 23, 12:20 PM
Jul 2023
fate is unavoidable mowmoı
Feb 23, 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
Funny episode but another episode riddled with shitty subs, does anyone know if there's anyone else than CR subbing this?

I wonder what that scene around 18:23 was about tho, was that her mom? They did make the last episode more serious than in the manga tho, it was more comedy there
removed-userFeb 23, 4:17 PM
Feb 26, 1:13 PM
Sep 2023
fate of our death and curel life
Feb 29, 11:30 PM

Oct 2013
Nice that Jinshi learned the truth about Maomao's trip, lol. Too bad that a person who was close to him was murdered, intentionally or not. His and Maomao's emotional moment by the end of this episode, when they contemplated life (mostly Maomao), was really well done. As for Maomao, she could have lived in the red lights district, but it's different to see how fragile is life, even in such luxurous place like the Imperial Palace.

Will we see harem intrigues like in "Magnificent Century" TV series, just set in ancient China? Of course, if A-Duo inspired one of her servants in any way to do such awful deed.
Mar 24, 2:18 AM

Jun 2020
A pretty gloomy episode compared to the usual feeling of this show. I'm interested to see how the part with the next concubine is going to go, she is the last major one that Maomao hasn't interacted with, after all.

Apr 8, 9:55 AM

Jul 2013
That near last part where seemingly out of nowhere Maomao went on about being executed and shit and there's even a montage of her past experiences and there's even a song to go with it, that whole bit felt like it was shoehorned in. Felt really out of place for me.
Apr 13, 11:24 PM

Feb 2019
so that guy that keeled over was closed and the killer was found to be one or all of the men at the party with him? so the servant girl, was she guilty of being an accomplice to the poisoning that she killed herself?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» So simple question...

ANIk_003 - Yesterday

20 by Phloup »»
Yesterday, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

262 by ksipe »»
May 30, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 16, 2023

166 by Noeiro »»
May 29, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

204 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

209 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.