Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2017 2:49 PM
Oct 2012
DarknessSerpent said:
Can someone who is reading the novels tell me how much difference there is between the anime and the novel? (No spoilers please)

Outside of reordering, they have followed the first novel pretty closely - next episode should be the final for the first novel (maybe two episodes, but I think they can do it in one). They added some stuff and of course they had to cut a lot, but overall they are pretty faithful to the original work. This studio was formed to translate this work, so they obviously have read it. This is rarer than one would think.

I have only read the first novel mind you, I can't comment on the later stuff. I am going to buy the books to read after watching the series.
Jan 20, 2017 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
DarknessSerpent said:
Can someone who is reading the novels tell me how much difference there is between the anime and the novel? (No spoilers please)

Outside of reordering, they have followed the first novel pretty closely - next episode should be the final for the first novel (maybe two episodes, but I think they can do it in one). They added some stuff and of course they had to cut a lot, but overall they are pretty faithful to the original work. This studio was formed to translate this work, so they obviously have read it. This is rarer than one would think.

I have only read the first novel mind you, I can't comment on the later stuff. I am going to buy the books to read after watching the series.

Thank you, that was really helpful

Jan 20, 2017 3:29 PM
Jul 2010
DarknessSerpent said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Thank you, that was really helpful

Yes, they have. But I would like to add that the idea of a Quick Responsive Force should have come from Tanya and not from the military part or a superior existence like being X.
Jan 20, 2017 3:30 PM

Jun 2013
So Tanya was being used as a lab rat to test an unstable magic using whatever. And she blew up twice. So she got herself transfered out of the place and also managed to bring experiments on that piece of junk to a halt. But Being X isn't giving up that easily and now he's going to directly intervene and put Tanya in shitty situations to test her. The first such situation is where she has no other choice but to praise the Lord in order to make her magic whatever work. And shitty situations like this are going to continue. Being X is giving different people ideas which will effect Tanya.

I like how Tanya has to keep an image in front of everyone. Sending Viktoriya for training is part of that image maintaining. She also had to praise God because the lieutenant in front was doing so. She has to do quite unexpected stuff here lol

The OP was cool but the opening sequence wasn't quite fitting enough.
Jan 20, 2017 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
I'd say the biggest change between the LN and the anime is that they made Tanya's conflict with Being X much more personal.

In the LN, the reason Being X intervened here was not actually related to Tanya at all. Being X was troubled by the lack of faith in that world and so came up with the idea to bestow a holy relic upon the humans.

It chose to speak to that particular inventor because the project they were working on is something that would've probably born fruit in "another 1000 years" and was powerful to the point that it could be considered to be at the level right below God.

So, by creating a miracle - aka, making an incredibly powerful and revolutionary prototype that was doomed to fail into a success along with converting the scientist and user of the prototype into believers who'd spread the word, Being X was hoping to rekindle some of the lacking faith.

Tanya just happened to be unlucky enough to be the one who was testing this prototype. It's not that Being X didn't know this, but it just wasn't its main goal.

Ironically enough even with all this, the general reaction was something along the lines of "whoa, science is amazing" or "it was an incredible coincidence" rather than the miracle it actually was.

Basically, in the anime Being X is much, much more antagonistic than it was in the LN (at this point of the story at least, haven't read past vol. 1).
AloxamaxJan 20, 2017 3:53 PM
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Jan 20, 2017 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
Summary of the whole show:

Jan 20, 2017 4:14 PM
Nov 2015
Tanya is one of the coolest and cutest lolis in anime. Waiting 1 week for a new episode is a pain. Hoping someone would sub the ED, wanna know what she's saying in it.
Jan 20, 2017 4:17 PM

Mar 2014
SchwingBoner said:
She was literally forced to worship God.
And there goes the easy life she was hoping for in the city. I can tell her life is going to be one suffering after another.

Light novel art is so pretty. *_* No doubt using them for the ED will encourage more LN sales.

I wonder what was written in the paper hmmm
Jan 20, 2017 4:17 PM

Sep 2016
Another great episode, her smiling face is evil af, can't wait to see next episode
Jan 20, 2017 4:20 PM

Dec 2016
Sorry Tanya but God is almighty and cannot be defied.

It's funny watching her painfully say those praises to being x.
Jan 20, 2017 4:21 PM

Mar 2014
God, I'm sooo in love with the OP, ED and the LN's illustrations. Definitely gonna buy the artbook if they will make one
Jan 20, 2017 4:31 PM

May 2015
God is sure stubborn, huh.

Anyway, good episode. OP and ED are alright. The LN art is so pretty though.

Jan 20, 2017 4:33 PM

Jun 2015
OP and ED sounds good. Tanya testing the prototype jewel was great to watch. It wasn't working at first, but Being X forced her to pray to make it work. The interactions between them are always interesting to hear.
Jan 20, 2017 4:54 PM

Sep 2015
Deus Vult sounds awesome
Jan 20, 2017 5:15 PM

Aug 2013
Nice to hear MYTH & ROID doing another OP, they are always pleasant to hear. The ED was actually pretty good too and that art used in the ED was just amazing. Too bad its not enough for me to keep going with this series. While I do respect NUT for actually devoting their efforts into making an adaptation that is true to the source or whatever, I'm just not sold on it so probably gonna shove this on the backlog. Another drop for me.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 20, 2017 5:41 PM

Jul 2010
I'm kinda used to this new artstyle now but god do the LN illustrations/character designs look so much better. Both good OP & ED.
Jan 20, 2017 5:45 PM

Mar 2014

love it famm 10/10

Jan 20, 2017 6:02 PM
Jan 2016
Inori-chii said:

Amusing enough it's just English with extra lines thrown into the letters.

Name: Tanya Degur (rest covered by photo), Affiliation: Mage Troop, Qualification, Experience, Objective.

The smaller text is a pain to read, but I do see there's actually a consistency in lettering and there are some words that are immediately evident, like "during exercise" in the Qualifications field and "Admission to" under Experience.
Jan 20, 2017 6:15 PM

Jan 2011
ED Art was godlike has to be the LN art from what i recall

Turns out both god and Tanya are assholes lol
Jan 20, 2017 6:31 PM
Sep 2013
Seeing her smile was a bit unsettling.Won't trust that smile any where any time.Taking it with a pinch of salt.

sim04fulJan 20, 2017 6:45 PM
Jan 20, 2017 6:58 PM

Jul 2014
Forced faith, my favorite kind of faith.
Axelucard said:
lol it's war what did you expect there are no safe places and God is an asshole well no surprise there
lol, perfect
Jan 20, 2017 7:00 PM

Apr 2011
another amazing epd. God has not even shown Tanya what dire straights is yet, i have a feeling things are going to get really dark for her come epd 6 and beyond.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jan 20, 2017 7:17 PM

Oct 2016
this is really good I like the OP and ED specially the ED with the LN art is quite cool , welp being X is hard for tanya unless she pray and praise God, that alone is very interesting to me, ..
Jan 20, 2017 7:28 PM

Mar 2013
God (Being x) is a dick
Jan 20, 2017 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
Tanya has a man's mind, still. Only a female by appearance as she kept all the memories of her previous life. She'd for example, feel no surprise in seeing a p_nis as she remembers the one she had before.

If weren't like this then it'd make no sense for her to be so much more intelligent than those her age.
Jan 20, 2017 7:53 PM

Oct 2013
i liked the illustrations in the ED
Jan 20, 2017 8:28 PM

Aug 2016
I love this OP! Once again, Myth & Roid did a great job! I also really love the ED
Jan 20, 2017 9:18 PM

Apr 2016
I just realized the previous episode is Allahu Akbar and this episode is Deus lo vult.
It's as if Tanya doesn't want to join the crus... oh wait. I get it. She's a saracen!

BlackHairedBakaJan 20, 2017 9:22 PM
SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!SPLAT! SPLAT!
Jan 20, 2017 9:39 PM
Apr 2011
so are we still going to see more big eyes girl, or is she going to a different academy than tanya?
Jan 20, 2017 9:43 PM

Feb 2015
Is God focused on her or God always is bothered when someone doesn't believe in him?
Jan 20, 2017 9:57 PM

Mar 2014
MysteriousBanana said:
Inori-chii said:

Amusing enough it's just English with extra lines thrown into the letters.

Name: Tanya Degur (rest covered by photo), Affiliation: Mage Troop, Qualification, Experience, Objective.

The smaller text is a pain to read, but I do see there's actually a consistency in lettering and there are some words that are immediately evident, like "during exercise" in the Qualifications field and "Admission to" under Experience.

Ohh thanks ahaha, I didn't notice that
Jan 20, 2017 10:33 PM
Oct 2012
FononZero said:
so are we still going to see more big eyes girl, or is she going to a different academy than tanya?

It's a different academy. Tanya has already done OCS, she has been sent to graduate school. BEG is going to OCS.

The animation does not cover it well, but BEG is exactly what Tanya is looking for: someone who sees being a soldier as a job instead as a "calling". This episode showed this pretty well when BEG was longing for a shower. Tanya thinks the same way, thus the connection. The other two guys wanted to be "heroes", which is why Tanya got them out of her unit as fast as possible (and rightly so).
Jan 20, 2017 11:47 PM

Jul 2016
lol God's so childish in this series. It's kind of hilarious.
Jan 21, 2017 12:01 AM

Nov 2013
It is quite obvious, that God/Being X is the evil one in this story. Tanya only tries to survive in that messed up world, he has thrown her into.

The forced smile, as she received the dress, was hilarious.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 21, 2017 12:43 AM
Jan 2016
Atlas77 said:
Is God focused on her or God always is bothered when someone doesn't believe in him?

God was already annoyed by humanity's lack of faith in general, I assume that Tanya just happened to be straw that broke the camel's back and has become God's guinea pig in an experiment to reform unrepentant souls.

Inori-chii said:
Ohh thanks ahaha, I didn't notice that

I have far too much time on my hands, finally figured out what the entire document says:

Name
Tanya Degurechaff
Affiliation
Mage troop
Qualification
Prevent invasion of Regadonia Entente union encountered during exercise
from that achievement a silver wing chapter is awarded
Experience
Admission to Vaterland military academy
Teach a second student in a year after entrance
Objective
Backward work at t?
MysteriousBananaJan 21, 2017 12:48 AM
Jan 21, 2017 12:54 AM

Dec 2013
Being X is such a douche. Whats with the forced compliance to faith?

This show gets better and better by the minute. Can't wait to see what happens next.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 21, 2017 1:19 AM

Nov 2015
Tanya is sure evil lol. Using LN illustrations in the ED was nice.

Jan 21, 2017 1:36 AM

Sep 2013
Loved Tanya more in this ep. The way Being X is getting involved with Tanya out of 6 billion people, sure is an obsessive stalker.

The after-credit scene of Tanya being presented the 'farewell-gift' was epic!!!!!
Jan 21, 2017 2:13 AM

Sep 2016
I'm digging the OP and ED.

Tanya is real cute with her hair down. I didn't think it would be that long.
Jan 21, 2017 4:15 AM

Aug 2012
Slow episode but still great.

I wish I know what is written on that paper.

Beside "being X" I don't find any antagonist(look) in the OP.

ED is really nice reminds me of Mirai Nikki soundtrack for some reason.
Jan 21, 2017 5:00 AM
Sep 2014
-chronos said:
Tanya is one of the coolest and cutest lolis in anime. Waiting 1 week for a new episode is a pain. Hoping someone would sub the ED, wanna know what she's saying in it.

Can't really make out what she's singing, but the speech in the middle goes something like "Gentlemen! Our duty is to exterminate them, leaving not a single one alive!"

Gonna have to wait for the single to be released to find the lyrics. :x

EDIT: "Gentlemen, what is our duty? Extermination! Leave not a single one alive! There is only one thing we must do; create hell on earth!"
fatalysticJan 21, 2017 7:13 AM
Jan 21, 2017 5:33 AM
Jan 2016
-Sci said:
Slow episode but still great.

I wish I know what is written on that paper.

Beside "being X" I don't find any antagonist(look) in the OP.

ED is really nice reminds me of Mirai Nikki soundtrack for some reason.

On which paper? The one at the end or her transfer request? Both are in English.
Jan 21, 2017 6:04 AM

Sep 2014
was expecting more sadistic things to happen
not evil enough!

But oh my X. The artworks in the ED where pretty.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 21, 2017 6:48 AM
Jan 2017
One of the only people I know that has actually really enjoyed the art so far. I think it grew on me lol. Great episode, one of my fave series this season.
Jan 21, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
The episode, is less brilliant, under the profile of the action, but the narrative sculpts and finishes, the granite personality of the protagonist, and also shows other unexpected sides of his character, this makes interesting the episode as a whole. But we must not forget that with this episode, closes the circle with past events that outline what has been seen so far, giving us the pulse of the current situation. The episode seems to be telling us that the activity, you always need luck. The drawings and animations, are decent and the CG is limited to a few scenes, so far, the Studio NUT, is working well. I admit that the LN graphic style, is beautiful, but also the character designs used in this anime series, looks good.
Jan 21, 2017 7:16 AM
Nov 2015
fatalystic said:
-chronos said:

Can't really make out what she's singing, but the speech in the middle goes something like "Gentlemen! Our duty is to exterminate them, leaving not a single one alive!"

Gonna have to wait for the single to be released to find the lyrics. :x

EDIT: "Gentlemen, what is our duty? Extermination! Leave not a single one alive! There is only one thing we must do; create hell on earth!"

Truly the most epic loli.
Jan 21, 2017 7:50 AM
Oct 2007
Another good episode! Looking forward to next week already!! The ED artwork is badass!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2017 8:13 AM

Sep 2012
AnimeMangaGamer- said:
Wait..if she's 10 years old now then what about 5-10 years later..
OMG this is weird.. No, this is illegal.. I feel like I'm breaking the law.
My imaginations are running wild!!
She's yandere waifu material!!
I mean, just look at these!!

Really <3 the ED..

Wait only ten years and we just get Esdeath, or even more than that?
Jan 21, 2017 8:37 AM
Jan 2013
I wonder how this series will end??
I mean is she planning to achieve something like Homunculus from Full metal alchemist?
Jan 21, 2017 9:06 AM

Aug 2016
First I was a little upset, because instead of evil bad character, we got sort of Ikta Sorlok character, talent doing orders to hope end rear being lazy, also all that Being X stuff make me wonder, if original writer is atheist or japanese catholic, trying to prove god is evil/alegory on gods punishment and a rewards for being faithful(and gods ways are mysterious), but second half was good, we will see a lot of war stuff in future, but next time Iam hyped for Tanya in sort of university campus life, even though it wll be filler. My first anime 2017, so far so good, already my favorite. Hope no Izzeta effect soon here.

Also +1 for ending(I really dont remember if it was in episode 2 already, but it made me in aw, + super fan/novel art?) and +1 for keeping fan service only in post tittles scene.
Martin_TaylorJan 21, 2017 9:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.