Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 11, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2016
It was certainly nice to get some insight into the Tsukasa empire and his new warriors got some skills and nice thighs xD but thanks to Suika and mother nature they managed to survive this round.

Quite exciting development and I'm looking forward to the phone. It's quite crazy to follow all these steps to reach this goal, especially under the given circumstances that you can't simply buy the components and without any instructions, but Senku is a man with vision.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 11, 2019 7:47 AM
Nov 2019
el3mel said:
Dmndplatinum said:

Boy, I would imagine you would hate eyeshield 21

Well if you checked I actually watched it and rated it 7. It lost 3 marks because I didn't like the first 40-50 episodes and though it was way too childish for me, only Hiruma was keeping me on. However it earned 7 marks thanks to the incredible match scenarios starting from their match against those swimmers. At the end I felt like it was a good suggestion to stick with it through the rough start.

I know that both Dr stone and Eyeshield have the same writer though I'm not sure about the relation here. This science fiction shounen and this is a sports anime. Of course expectation from each one of them will be kinda different. Dr Stone has been great whenever it focused on scientific and chemical explorations and ideas, but the main villain is over the top to a BS level and fighting scenes are terrible. You just know the show isn't supposed to be about these anyway but are just there because it's a shounen. Conclusion of fights also make zero scene and explanation is done in a pretty rushed way and some times, pretty childish for a sci-fi show.

I was. Ot expecting to agree but I do, I dont think it ruins the show when tsukasa is on screen but it's just not as good, heard it gets better. And the thing I like in both dr.stone and eyeshield is it can be sometimes childish, like how senku through powder on kinross, or that high school tjat5 built a literal pyramid
Nov 11, 2019 12:01 PM
Aug 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
cellular phones cannot work without a satellite and all crashed. At most they can build walkie talkies. I hope the series does not fuckup the science behind things
iam a manga reader and he will build a really basic/simple/old phone so don't worry the author will not fuckuo the science
Nov 11, 2019 7:25 PM

Nov 2009
oh look...

it's the stone heads of people that I talked about back in episode 1 and 2's thread where someone else attempted to bash me saying TsukASSa didn't kill anyone...

___ ___ ___

I still can't wait for Senku to gear up everyone and start razing TsukASSa's empire. In my point of view, most of them don't deserve to live... (oh yea, totally old dudes are bad and should all be killed, yea, the young people are totally immortal and doesn't glow old, yea... and TsukASSa totally isn't expanding and taking land as his own and acting like a dictator, yes...)

___ ___ ___

BTW... was that a "Death Star" when Senku talked about making "modern tech"? LUL
amlgNov 11, 2019 7:40 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 12, 2019 5:02 PM

Jul 2017
Tsukasa's managed to de-petrify one of the "masters" added into his numbers, Homura Hyoga. Definitely more of a strategist first than a warrior second. A little bit of insight into the "old world" that is primitive as expected from Tsukasa. And Asagiri Gen as advisor is frightened...until the eventual meet of Senku and a bottle of cola changed his mind.

And what should I have expected, betrayals (but more of a testing ground) at least for Hyoga. But in Mother Nature's battle, the sulfur maiden-ghost makes a comeback as a total 100% neutrality. And definitely some part of Suika's. All this results in an early victory.

In what could be the biggest uproar in the stone age, Senku is making phones a.k.a communication devices??? OH BUT WAIT...is Taiju and Yuzuriha making a comeback AFTER ALL THIS WHILE??? And the biggest cover-up is uncovered to tell Tsukasa that all he prepared beforehand, it wasn't all for naught, but kinda a HARD slap to the face.

Pretty exciting stuff!
Nov 14, 2019 10:54 AM

Mar 2019
>First of all, Tsukasa's empire is really well built on a hunter-gatherer type colony and has some serious man-power and strategist. Looking forward to see how Taiju and his pride manage to beat them.

> Also, his "ultimate weapon" being cell phones caught me completely off guard, I think he just means walkie talkies from the animation that showed up when he was describing it.

> Really looking forward toward the future of the series,

E=m c^2
Nov 14, 2019 12:48 PM

Apr 2018
dang... is there anything Senku can't do? Not hating or anything...
Nov 15, 2019 7:40 PM
Jul 2016
TinTin_29 said:
Why doesn't Senku develop chemical weapons to fight them ?

I thought the same thing, with penicillin and winter coming, they could certainly use chemical weapons effectively. I think it’s the same reason that they don’t kill the attackers in the fight, this anime just isn’t brutal enough to take it there.
Nov 16, 2019 10:34 PM
Dec 2014
Dmndplatinum said:
BlindSniper said:
is this show even trying to make sense anymore?

or is it just senku laughing cockily 50 times an episode, saying his catch phrase, and everybody saying science every 30 seconds?

and why is the budget dropping each episode? this is essentially stills now

It's funny how out of everyone giving vaild reasons and stuff, you just said "lol makes no sense" what part? Going past this episode in your review for the show, your take on what it should have been is literally just a different coat. The author of dr.stone is the author of eyeshield 21, and Imagine you hate, they have appropriate anime troupes in dr.stone, because what do you expect in a anime like this, society is literally built on science, so you want a high schooler level person to be the main character?, I'm sorry but that's bad logic. And going back to the writing it's not cat and mouse since senku was "dead" the goal is to advance civ back to where it once was, that means killing is meaningless, if he wants to revive all that he can. And you would hate eyeshield because everything in it like high schoolers building a giant pyramid to get better at football, would make you have a heart attack lol

lost brain cells reading this
Nov 17, 2019 4:12 AM
Nov 2019
BlindSniper said:
Dmndplatinum said:

It's funny how out of everyone giving vaild reasons and stuff, you just said "lol makes no sense" what part? Going past this episode in your review for the show, your take on what it should have been is literally just a different coat. The author of dr.stone is the author of eyeshield 21, and Imagine you hate, they have appropriate anime troupes in dr.stone, because what do you expect in a anime like this, society is literally built on science, so you want a high schooler level person to be the main character?, I'm sorry but that's bad logic. And going back to the writing it's not cat and mouse since senku was "dead" the goal is to advance civ back to where it once was, that means killing is meaningless, if he wants to revive all that he can. And you would hate eyeshield because everything in it like high schoolers building a giant pyramid to get better at football, would make you have a heart attack lol

Ah yes the "losing brain cells" argument, as someone once said your not a clown, your an entire circus
Nov 17, 2019 4:45 AM

Aug 2016
Cellphones, really? I mean, walkie-talkies sure would be one of most efficient weapons he can get, but does he really have time to make sci-fi technologies even with whole village at his disposal?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2019 12:24 PM
Dec 2014
Dmndplatinum said:
BlindSniper said:

Ah yes the "losing brain cells" argument, as someone once said your not a clown, your an entire circus

learn the usage of your and you're before calling anyone a clown

you're only proving my point
Nov 17, 2019 1:18 PM
Nov 2019
BlindSniper said:
Dmndplatinum said:

learn the usage of your and you're before calling anyone a clown

you're only proving my point

Your proving that you care that much about how I use you're and your. I stand corrected, just sound like an angry redditor at this point
Nov 22, 2019 4:40 PM

Dec 2013
Hyouga is really cold to his poor subordinates...

Their new goal is a mobile phone? Wut? I know communication is important in war but this still surprised me.

Tsukasa finally know the truth about Senku!
Nov 26, 2019 10:34 AM

Oct 2013
Tsukasa's argument is pretty legit TBH. He's super left wing extremist about it, though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 27, 2019 2:10 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I don't see the pureness Tsukasa spoke of about these guys.
Nov 28, 2019 1:54 PM

Oct 2013
That's why I started to hate Hyoga and Homura back when this scene originally appeared in the manga. :/

RIP jocks from Tsukasa's empire.

Senku boldly proceeds to next step into modernising stone world and at the same time to strengthen military power of Ishigami village - he is planning to "revive" a cellular phone. :D
Nov 29, 2019 1:28 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode...
Dec 13, 2019 4:57 AM

Aug 2017
I think that Tsukasa's empire will fall quickly with his leadership. He cannot stop knowledge.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 13, 2019 7:28 AM
Jan 2018
How the hell is he going to make a phone
Dec 19, 2019 5:41 PM
Jun 2017
Wouldn't be easier to make a radio? A phone is like... too difficult?

But Senku has already demonstrated that he can do anything! We'll see if he can finish it before Tsukasa attacks!
Dec 23, 2019 10:06 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode! That sense of unrest is back. Wow they're gonna make phones next lmao!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 24, 2020 6:44 PM

Jun 2017
aaand not killing them bit them in the ass pretty hard. in other news, water is wet >_>.
Mar 21, 2020 9:05 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, I thought he will make bows and such not a phone.
Mar 26, 2020 2:29 PM

Apr 2016
The Tsukasa Empire has a lot more people than I thought. I still think Tsukasa's ambitions aren't completely unjust; he just hopes for a world free of all that is corrupt. Recreating smartphones? I don't know how smart Senkuu is but this just seems unrealistic.
Jun 13, 2020 1:21 AM

Sep 2017
Senku is absolute madlad
خ
Jun 16, 2020 9:12 PM

Aug 2018
it was nice seeing what the Tsukasa empire looks like. how are they going to make phones I wonder...

Jun 17, 2020 8:43 PM

Jul 2013
Senku made antibiotics from scratch lol! So making cellphones isn't that farfetched although I think he's probably planning on making some sort of two-way radios rather than actual cellphones? Regardless, they're gonna have to build towers for those to work and something that tall and big is a dead giveaway. Tsukasa and his minions could see it from far away and he'd realize what their using to communicate with the spies, and who could those spies be other than Taiju and Yuzuriha?
Jul 20, 2020 7:28 AM

May 2012
WORST episode of the anime so far

I'm surprised that Mr genius dr stone didn't try to bribe Tsukasa's army. I mean, would you really choose to live in a stone world after all the technology you have lived with? I would definitely not.
sora2eugeneJul 20, 2020 7:42 AM
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Nov 27, 2020 9:36 PM

May 2020
Tsukasa empire looks so cool :p
Dec 12, 2020 4:31 AM

May 2015
It's moshi, moshi time!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 14, 2021 5:55 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, I didn't think of cellphones this early. But, in a logical Senku brain way, having communication really is going to be a strong weapon in this stone age. And I also honestly miss Taiju and Yuzuriha, can't wait to see them again.
Apr 5, 2021 8:20 AM

Dec 2020
TAIJU IS COMING BACK YESYESYES
Apr 22, 2021 1:18 AM

Aug 2020
This one was meh for me.

I had to skip for the first time this series because Tsukasa was talking and when he monologues I get annoyed so *skip*

Also, cellphones? When you're at the brink of war? Didn't antibiotics take 6 months to make? What?
Oct 9, 2021 9:37 PM

Oct 2011
ugh, cellphones? really?? that's such a huge stretch, come on now..

also if im going to be honest, I agree with Tsukasa's point of view a lot more. Science was amazing up to a certain point, but then started being used to destroy the world and so many people suffered, so I don't think the world should go back to the same civilization. I don't like the way he's going about it though.
Dec 5, 2021 12:07 AM

Jul 2017
Tsukasa's expression at the end was priceless. He was so shook lmao!

Dec 20, 2021 8:19 AM

Dec 2007
loved how the story just kept rolling and rolling without taking much air to breath.

i think the senka breathed though some poison, even if he's gonna succeed making some communication machine, it's have big disadvantage...

oh, the OST was pretty rocking here, when it just kept rolling though it's seems the action is over you can know it doesn't over.

hope we get more on hyouga and homura except "they are strong", the show is too convenient lol.

edit: oh i forgot to say, when senku talked about "great weapons over the history" there was shown death start. WTH lol
User-NameDec 20, 2021 8:35 AM
Dec 28, 2021 4:21 PM

Jul 2021
Now I think the whole village will be rebuilt around Chrome's science base, which I think will make it easier for Senku to manage things.
Tsukasa is now aware that Senku is still alive and probably the next attack will be with all the strength he has.
asdasdsadad
Feb 27, 2022 2:53 AM

May 2020
Cellphones now??? Woah, Senku sure is too ambitious. Also Tsukasa's reaction in the end... that was too big of a bombshell for him ig.
Mar 14, 2022 3:25 AM

Apr 2021
To be fair, there is merit in Tsukasa's viewpoint that the old world has established a hierarchy based on money, and that this has created an imbalance. Insofar as Dr. Stone is concerned, this imbalance can best be illustrated in the ecological and social aspects.

As to the first aspect, we can see that the level to which human beings (especially the rich, multi-national corporations) exploit the natural world indisputably and adversely affects sustainable development. In other words, the more we consume, the less we leave for future generations. As to the second aspect, we can see that those equipped with money have better access to education, knowledge, technology, and power.

Nonetheless, Tsukasa's ways still beg the age-old question: does the end justify the means? In trying to fight inequality, Tsukasa has created inequality. He abrogated unto himself the sole power to judge who shall or who shall not live (be revived). Eventually, Tsukasa has fallen into the trap against which Friedrich Nietzsche warned us: "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
“Why does an apple fall when it is ripe? Is it brought down by the force of gravity? Is it because its stalk withers? Because it is dried by the sun, because it grows too heavy, or because the boy standing under the tree wants to eat it? None of these is the cause.... Every action of theirs, that seems to them an act of their own free will is in the historical sense not free at all but is bound up with the whole course of history and preordained from all eternity.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Aug 21, 2022 12:23 PM
Feb 2021
Cool!!!!

#DrStone4Ever
Nov 10, 2022 7:56 AM
Dec 2021
BBcodee
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Feb 11, 2023 11:49 AM

Jan 2021
I an make Acid Clouds!
May 5, 2023 11:38 AM

Jan 2019
Genocidal tendencies aside, Tsukasa is right; you'd have to be very careful with who you revive in order to create a society that doesn't just end up becoming as oppressive as the old one.

Aug 30, 2023 12:06 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Nov 20, 2023 2:08 PM

Aug 2022
Magma had no qualms brutally "offing" Gen, but somehow struggled to cut anything except weapons with a katana in hand? Okay... D:

But the real gem was seeing Gen all jittery, thinking Senku was about to whip up a nuke xD

Going from "Good morning, World" to "Goodbye, World" real quick—escalation at its finest XD Now, I'm eagerly anticipating the reunion with Tenju and Yuzuriha!

And Senku's got it right: Communication is the key to winning wars! Without it, the strength of the enemy doesn't matter. If they can't communicate with their teammates, it's like rendering them blind and deaf. In classic warfare, the ability to instantly relay orders would be more potent than cannons. It opens up a world of maneuverability and adaptability, especially against an adversary who can't communicate effectively. It breaks all the conventional rules of warfare, enabling coordinated ambush attacks on multiple flanks. "Sosoruze, kore wa"!!
Dec 1, 2023 12:12 AM

Nov 2023
Tsukasa is sure is powerful, will the science kingdom survive
Dec 23, 2023 9:33 PM
Oct 2022
Begun, the Stone Wars have!
Feb 20, 2:36 PM
Jul 2014
Ahhhh why didn't they kill him right there right now
Feb 23, 1:31 PM
Dec 2022
tsukasa army lore
oh damn they been cooking lately

oh dear they burning down the village
sulfuric funny
SMARTPHONE TIME?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

315 by ShawnRM »»
May 13, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

276 by Rob7 »»
May 13, 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.