Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of tears this episode :o

I think it's fairly interesting that we found out more about Senku's father in the story. The whole idea of the astronauts dealing with survival made this arc pretty interesting if you ask me, beyond just the usual science elements.

Quite an important episode too.
Oct 25, 2019 7:39 AM

Jul 2014
Well.. that just happened...
I'm dead.. that fucking hit harder than I thought. Byakuya you magnificent awesome old man! best dad this season!

Great episode, now if you'll excuse me I'll need to clean this place up, for some reason its flooding.
Oct 25, 2019 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
damn, his dad was a great guy! Hyped for the next few episodes after seeing the ending.
Oct 25, 2019 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. Senkuu's father, Byakuya, is an awesome guy. I like him.

Looks like Tsukasa will be making his move.

Oct 25, 2019 8:00 AM

Jun 2013
It was a good episode but I can't help but laugh at the idea of 3700 years of inbreeding in a tiny gene pool.
Oct 25, 2019 8:03 AM

Sep 2018
"3 scratches energy drink" - I'm not convinced.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 25, 2019 8:11 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This was an emotional episode, but thankfully Byakuya was able to pass on the knowledge to Senku and his friends.
Oct 25, 2019 8:14 AM

Sep 2018
Amazing adaptation i cried for like a half of the episode. Byakuya is without a doubt Best Dad of 2019.!
well that's just my opinion.....
Oct 25, 2019 8:14 AM

Sep 2014
Probably my favourite episode in the series thus far. This really hit me right in the kokoro. Too many powerful moments in just 24 minutes and Byakuya was simply an amazing character and dad. And now we are seemingly going to a war. Not excited with the Tsukasa stuff tbh but hopefully it will be good.
Oct 25, 2019 8:15 AM
Apr 2013
The story continues to be predictable as a Michel Bay Movie, and roughly as interesting. Quite honestly, the Tsukasa Empire part can go fuck itself for all I care. The only things that keep me somewhat interested in continuing this piece of shit are Kohaku and the still open mystery of what caused the petrification (so that I can that into pieces as well).
Oct 25, 2019 8:17 AM

Feb 2016
So Byakuya was the who continued the human civilization.
Too sad to think that he alone had to take care of 4 small children.
His 100 tales helped Senku 3700 years later. It's ironic to think that the stories were passed on for so long
Oct 25, 2019 8:28 AM
Sep 2015
I don't like this section, I don't like how what Senku's legal father did 3700 years ago has very strong connection and influence to the present time, it diminish Senku's achievement.
Oct 25, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2016
Another excellent episode and easily the most emotional one so far. The whole backstory was way too sad, but I loved it how Byakuya's feelings reached his son after thousands of years.

The concept and execution of this series are just awesome.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 25, 2019 8:35 AM

Mar 2013
This episode introduced a lot of meaning and also a very emotional and strong episode.
Oct 25, 2019 8:38 AM
Oct 2019
phantomfandom said:
I don't like this section, I don't like how what Senku's legal father did 3700 years ago has very strong connection and influence to the present time, it diminish Senku's achievement.

As a manga reader, I really disagree from yours. Senku really needs the Ishigami Village in order to carry his tasks on saving humanity. Byakuya's influence showed in this episode is just a tip of iceberg.
Oct 25, 2019 8:40 AM
Dec 2015
Shamil and Connie head towards the woods and 3 years later they’re married. Something must’ve went down in the woods lol

Also the song Lillian sang at Connie and Shamil’s wedding is just beautiful:

RyuusuiOct 25, 2019 10:34 AM
Oct 25, 2019 8:43 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
SpaceCowboyFin said:
It was a good episode but I can't help but laugh at the idea of 3700 years of inbreeding in a tiny gene pool.

Admittely that's one thing that bothers me too. This is bottleneck to the extreme. Still a good episode like you said
Oct 25, 2019 8:45 AM
Dec 2015
AnonymousGuy9 said:
So Byakuya was the who continued the human civilization.
Too sad to think that he alone had to take care of 4 small children.
His 100 tales helped Senku 3700 years later. It's ironic to think that the stories were passed on for so long

Ishigami Byakuya truly is the world’s best dad. He gave humanity a head start and for that he has my utmost respect and admiration!
Oct 25, 2019 8:46 AM
Sep 2018
Is it possible that those 2 who went off to bring antibiotics started a civilization elsewhere?
Oct 25, 2019 8:47 AM

Apr 2015
not too obvious Monster Energy Drink placement out of nowhere.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 25, 2019 9:00 AM
Apr 2019
DON'T MIND ME. I'M JUST OVER HERE CRYING NO BIG DEAL.
Oct 25, 2019 9:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good episode, it was nice to see the foundation of the Ishigami village, the backstory was actually touching tbh.
Oct 25, 2019 9:09 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was pretty nice. Sad to see things the way it went. But nothing really lasts forever. But stories last for a long time, and they be passed down. Tsukasa and his army are on the way. Here we go! X3
Oct 25, 2019 9:23 AM

Jul 2016
Now I'm crying at office's lunchtime, really hard to hold the tears. Very emotional episode, loved it so much!
Oct 25, 2019 9:24 AM

Mar 2017
gotta love it when someone 'bout to die and them last words are to praise ramen.

ALL HAIL NIPPON
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Oct 25, 2019 9:27 AM

Mar 2019
Good episode Senku's dad is a good guy
So tsukasa is fianlly coming back I wonder how it will end
Oct 25, 2019 9:29 AM

Apr 2017
damn i didn't expect to get all emo....senku and his dad's relationship being connected by their love of science is just so wholesome and something you don't really see in anime, especially shounen. byakuya ishigami has officially been added to the list of best dads. bless him.

he said they weren't blood-related - does that mean he was his stepdad?
Oct 25, 2019 9:31 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
God, that was heartbreaking! Few little details that are a little hard to comprehend and thus come to terms with, but the execution and direction of this arc in general has been top-notch!

Byakuya is easily best dad of the season already, I didn't expect them to be blood-unrelated though but what does that matter really? Raising four kids and leaving behind this village for him while solely believing that his son will revive humanity is just .. amazing, really. Got teary-eyed from the middle or so but the moment when Senku shed a few tears too was sob-time.

Ramen is back but we have got a long way to restore humanity especially considering what's next is the inevitable battle with the Tsubasa Empire. I wonder how that'll play out. Good thing he's gotten this gift to parry that invasion. Curious as to why the sudden invasion now too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 25, 2019 9:32 AM

Oct 2013
FMmatron said:
Another excellent episode and easily the most emotional one so far. The whole backstory was way too sad, but I loved it how Byakuya's feelings reached his son after thousands of years.

The concept and execution of this series are just awesome.

I totally agree. This episode was very sad, but very beautiful at the same time. It showed genuine emotions that had been staying alive since Byakuya's times as humanity's remnant.

The way this particular part of the story was adapted really nailed everything I expected. Nope, it was even better than I expected it to be. It contained all emotions you could feel while reading the manga, both positive (joy) and negative (sadness).

It hit me even harder than when I read the manga. That's how you know the adaptation is good, lol.

@ultimatewarrior7 , who knows? Back when I read Dr. Stone's manga at this point, I had thoughts that maybe they didn't die, but simply got too far away to return and/or lost completely track (open sea with only basic navigation based on the sky etc. is a big deal, especially when there are only six people left in total).
I hope there will be explained whether they survived or not. I also hope they actually started a new tribe somewhere, haha. Though their pool of genes could be too tiny to maintain stable population after 3rd generation.
Oct 25, 2019 9:42 AM

Aug 2015
I just got hit with the big fucking sad, you can say I cried by a 10 million percent.
Oct 25, 2019 9:47 AM
Oct 2019
Well, that was a certain trip. It was such a trip, though! I never would've thought I would break into tears for a 17th episode, but with the amazingness of Dr. Stone, there's no impossible. This show is, was and will be such an amazing journey and I really think it's worth watching. Also, Tsukasa time. Make guns fast, God damnit.
Oct 25, 2019 9:53 AM
Oct 2018
I'm 10 billion percent crying after watching this episode. I know I read the chapters adapted from it before this episode's airing, but damn, the final scenes with Byakuya and his final message to his son hit me so hard right now.

It's really a heartbreaking conclusion to the astronauts' flashback mini-arc.
Oct 25, 2019 9:53 AM

Nov 2016
Even knowing what was going to happen after reading the manga, this hitted harde than I thought. The voice acting was on point and the characters feelings were perfectly represented, really enjoyed this episode.
Oct 25, 2019 9:55 AM

Mar 2016
Epic nonsense in scenario.
Oct 25, 2019 9:55 AM

Nov 2016
ultimatewarrior7 said:
Is it possible that those 2 who went off to bring antibiotics started a civilization elsewhere?
It is possible, not spoiling anything tho, but it's also possible that both of them died in the sea or by an animal in the other islands.
Oct 25, 2019 10:01 AM

Mar 2016
Glad it's not a flashback arc.

Finally someone cries! It feels like not a single character has shown any signs of missing their families. YA writers tend to easily forget that people have families and lives outside of school friends.

The astronauts had kids instead of trying to find civilisation? They should realise the risk of doing that! If they had failed their mission and given up, then that would have made more sense; but just after three years, they already have two children, which makes it look like they didn't really try that much.

Language tends to evolve rapidly when you don't have a written language. It's already difficult to read 500 year old stories, but Senkuu can communicate with these people fluently after 1000s of years? It doesn't make much sense.

Despite the complaints I have, this has been quite fun. However, I am worried I might not like it from the next episode onward. Tsukasa is coming back, which means the story might turn into a basic Shounen Jump story. I hope it still stays enjoyable somehow.
Oct 25, 2019 10:03 AM

Jun 2015
This one was a tearjearker.
But the fun is over, Tsukasa is coming for their asses. Even though Senku is amused by that.
Oct 25, 2019 10:04 AM

Apr 2015
I wasn't hit too hard but admittedly that was beautiful. great direction and execution. it is shows like this that makes me glad being an otaku nerd and never will I look back. simply amazing.

if episode 3 is anything to go by, with the whole Tsukasa/Senku ideal clashing, I'm getting this feeling that they'll reach a compromise somehow. literally anything can happen at this point and I wouldn't complain!

Oct 25, 2019 10:06 AM

Apr 2015
FuMomo-kun said:
Glad it's not a flashback arc.

Finally someone cries! It feels like not a single character has shown any signs of missing their families. YA writers tend to easily forget that people have families and lives outside of school friends.

The astronauts had kids instead of trying to find civilisation? They should realise the risk of doing that! If they had failed their mission and given up, then that would have made more sense; but just after three years, they already have two children, which makes it look like they didn't really try that much.

Language tends to evolve rapidly when you don't have a written language. It's already difficult to read 500 year old stories, but Senkuu can communicate with these people fluently after 1000s of years? It doesn't make much sense.

Despite the complaints I have, this has been quite fun. However, I am worried I might not like it from the next episode onward. Tsukasa is coming back, which means the story might turn into a basic Shounen Jump story. I hope it still stays enjoyable somehow.

did you missed the part where they found a petrified person in where they landed? that pretty much sealed the deal. they have to start from scratch.

Oct 25, 2019 10:08 AM
May 2017
This episode was so sad! I cried a lot! I wonder what happened to the 2 who left. No. I don't want anybody to tell me! No spoilers please! YAYY Tsukasa's finally back!
Oct 25, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2009
WHAT DO YOU MEAN HIS DAD ISN'T HIS DAD!? Sorry. But. What did I miss and where?

Also: I wasn't prepared for this wtf. Nobody said there'd be a downpour of tears like this. But. Top notch VA there for Senkuu. Absolutely loved what he did in this episode, all the subtle details.
Oct 25, 2019 10:26 AM
Nov 2018
I've already read these scenes in manga, but this episode adapted it so well that the tears came without permission ;_;
Oct 25, 2019 10:39 AM
Sep 2018
Greatest part of the episode was definitely when the camera panned to a cliff side and showed a Statue with their ass hanging out.
Oct 25, 2019 10:39 AM

Jul 2014
Damn this was sad, especially Shamil's speech. It also sucks that they died relatively young. :'(

One thing that seems strange to me is that they have not made clear the Byakuya x Lillian ship, I mean, Kohaku and Ruri obviously have to descend from her but it is weird that they have only shown those 4 children.
Oct 25, 2019 10:45 AM
May 2019
When last episode still left room for the astronauts backstory, I was somehow disappointed. Yeah, I was wrong. This was a very important flashback, yet another solid episode, maybe the best of the second half so far. Seems like Senkuu just gained more motivation. a lot of emotional stuff as well, and it truly explains why do they have so little information about the real world. Having to save their friends as quickly as possible, they must've left useful stuff there, like maps and so on. Also, that couple never came back, so maybe we got another village? The only thing missing for me is why are there only 40 people on the village. Obviously something happened. It's hard to believe that they were only going to have like 2 kids for each couple. Anyways, I think they won't cover it and the next part of the anime will be pretty dope if what I understood right what I read on forums and wikias.
Oct 25, 2019 10:49 AM

Sep 2018
this episode got me fucked up man

I feel like Senku and his dad not being blood-related is a little weird, they look the same. Maybe it's so if Ruri and he get together it isn't prehistoric incest.

very nice episode. got me emotional which is really rare for shows
Oct 25, 2019 10:50 AM
Mar 2015
While the world is debating this incest story and if it was possible, me I find the logic of astronauts stupid.

Rather than trying to save humanity as long as all the technology still exists ... (laboratory, transports, arms, medicine)

They moldy on an island without attempting anything, by convinced himself the idea that this will help Senku?

It was risky to cross the ocean but for me it worth to do it to save humanity as long as they had the power.
Oct 25, 2019 10:50 AM

Sep 2018
yellowheartren said:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN HIS DAD ISN'T HIS DAD!? Sorry. But. What did I miss and where?

Also: I wasn't prepared for this wtf. Nobody said there'd be a downpour of tears like this. But. Top notch VA there for Senkuu. Absolutely loved what he did in this episode, all the subtle details.

exactly i dont remember it either they look so similar lmao
feels indeed
Oct 25, 2019 10:53 AM

May 2019
Tsukasa was one thing I didn't like about Dr. Stone, and he was the main reason I didn't like the first few episodes of this show and I was on the verge of dropping.

Now he's coming back... I hope that arc doesn't take long.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 25, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2008
So let me get this straight, in 3700 years they only have a village of 40 adults and stone age technology? I'm really hoping there is more to it than just that.

I find it very hard to believe that the astronauts didn't leave any knowledge behind and didn't set any goals for the following generations to recover existing knowledge --textbooks etc. It's not like the whole civilization framework fell apart at the time of petrification, everything was left functional for many years to come.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

315 by ShawnRM »»
May 13, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2019

163 by Mabaya »»
May 4, 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.