Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 2:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This series' finale was entertaining.

Once again, Aspira shows her hunting skills and knowledge about how to trap a fox. We also got introducing of Inkarmat, an Ainu fortune teller. I wonder what she "sees" is truth or not. Regardless, I think she makes an interesting addition to the cast.

Also got some horse racing this episode which I wasn't expecting.

This turned out to be my one of favorite shows for Spring 2018. Season 2 got announced already for Fall and I can't wait!
Aug 8, 2018 5:30 AM
Feb 2016
Kind of enjoyable and so especially the ending song tho
Make in my top anime song this season.Cant wait for 2nd season
Aug 8, 2018 5:58 AM

Jun 2014
The production values weren't always great but it was still enjoyable and I'm looking forward to season 2.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 8, 2018 7:07 AM

Apr 2016
Nothing much to say, best anime of the last season for me. Second season is highly anticipated.
Aug 8, 2018 8:47 AM

Aug 2017
I'm going to copy and paste what I thought after the ending. I wrote this months ago. Amazing mix between comedy and action. It have some interesting villains and painful scenes. Very funny. My only complain is the weak start. 3/5 for this episode. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 8, 2018 10:09 AM

May 2012
While a fun ending of this series, there wasn't much development in this one which is a shame and now I sure am expecting much from the second season, quite glad they announced it that there will be a second season in the end!

This anime really took me by surprise how interesting, fun and well paced this series was! So all in all I really quite liked it and it sure was fun to marathon!
Aug 12, 2018 1:53 AM

Jun 2013

What a way to start an episode: someone’s hand getting cut off.

Asirpa-chan still thinks that fishcake is Ushiyama’s forehead lol

Inkarmat is gorgeous and Shiraishi’s thirsty as usual. This boy hasn’t gotten enough action after escaping from prison. I just noticed Ikarmat has a fox around her neck.

Kiro looks good with a beard and clean-shaven too. He’s just an overall attractive character. He still won the race even though it would mean earning the ire of a yakuza boss. I love this guy.

I also admire how Sugimoto doesn’t want to win money easily and wants to continue the journey with Aspira.

I also wasn’t expecting Ogata to join Hijikata’s group but I like it. I want to see what will happen from this point on.

I would say Golden Kamuy is my anime of the season for Spring 2018 right next to Hinamatsuri. These two series were the ones that stood out the most and were the most enjoyable. I don’t count DITF since it started in Winter and Boku no Hero Academia is a continuing series and I don’t count them even though they were really good, great animation and were fun. My only complaint with Golden Kamuy is the animation quality, I felt like it could’ve been better and the movement seemed stiff. However, the voice acting is the BEST. The cast in this series was the best for the entire season, even better than Hinamatsuri’s voice cast.

I’m so fucking glad it’s getting a second season in October. That really made me jump out of my seat for joy! I feel this series is somewhat underrated and not many people appreciate it as much as Darling in the Franxx and Boku no Hero Academia.
臭い-
Aug 12, 2018 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
Noooooooo! At least we have more hinna hinna coming in October!

This anime became strangely one of the best of this season.
It has a lot of action, and it has one of the best comedies. I will miss this anime for sure and i'm glad they announced a 2nd season, feel bad that this anime didn't gain much recognition because it's so worth it!

And i'm now even talking about the OP, definitely one of the best! Everytime i started watching a new episode i was more hyped that i was going to watch the OP again than the episode itself xD

Asirpa is one of the funniest characters i've seen in a while xD For real! She is the best ahahaha Gotta love the comedy when she is with Sugimoto xD And also love the little of their romance.

I hope that the 2nd season will get more people to watch this anime, it's so worth it!

Can we take a moment and talk about this?
"Sugimoto puts shit in his food and eats it" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha for real, and the best part was that Sugimoto got it xD

Can't wait for 2nd season! And for more adventures and hinna hinna :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 12, 2018 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
Bibimbapski said:

Bro, that is probably the best signature ever xD Can i borrow it? hahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 12, 2018 4:58 PM

Jun 2013
AivanK said:
Bibimbapski said:

Bro, that is probably the best signature ever xD Can i borrow it? hahaha

Go ahead I don't mind.
臭い-
Aug 12, 2018 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
Bibimbapski said:

Go ahead I don't mind.

Hahaha thanks! Been saying this for years, glad that someone agrees with me and managed to transform what i've been saying into words xD

Aug 13, 2018 12:28 AM

Jun 2013
AivanK said:
Bibimbapski said:

Go ahead I don't mind.

Hahaha thanks! Been saying this for years, glad that someone agrees with me and managed to transform what i've been saying into words xD

No prob. We're all Anime trash lol
臭い-
Aug 13, 2018 6:49 AM

Jan 2013
Bibimbapski said:

No prob. We're all Anime trash lol

True fam...true ahahaha xD

Aug 21, 2018 11:42 AM

Dec 2014
well glad there is a second season…pretty dull for the final episode.. or did I miss something
Sep 18, 2018 8:02 PM

Nov 2017
This anime started off pretty strong and slowly got worse as it went on. It never became terrible but the first half is noticeably better, kind of a bummer if you ask me.

Here's hoping season 2 gets better again.
Dec 5, 2018 3:35 PM
Nov 2018
Expecting to watch season 2 next! It was a pleasure watching this series with you.
Jan 26, 2019 1:05 PM

Nov 2018
Agree with chuckpugs, what I was very disappointed considering that reviews for the manga of Golden Kamuy are stellar. If a studio such as Bones, Madhouse, or White Fox could take this on, this could have been bigger and would have appealed to me better personally. But it relied on the fanbase of its original source material to get the viewership it received. Let's hope that Geno Studio will improve with time.
Mar 25, 2019 11:35 AM

May 2016
Turned pretty mediocre midway 7/10
Nov 18, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
Shiraisha you idiot, he is too easily to fool.

Pretty good first season of this anime, really enjoyed the storyline and the animation, especially some jokes really got me rolling on the ground

Feb 21, 2020 8:43 PM

Dec 2019
Damn shiraisha got trolled pretty hard he lost everything there xD gonna start season 2 tommorow looking forward to it really good anime love it :D
                                                         🖤   

Jul 9, 2020 5:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Horse race gambling ? haha good way to end the first season, overall it was great, now i'm hyped for the rest of the story.
Sep 16, 2020 7:50 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode but, it was mostly just setup for the coming arc. The next season will be fucking good let's go.
Sep 18, 2020 9:16 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So thats it, then. The final showed to me another new character, a fortune teller, told them to take a rest for a while before continued their journey to the prison of Nopperabo. The prisoner in disguised from the previous episode was still alive? That was the real surprised, and he gave them another information about the new tattoo location, which was mean another conflict might appeared in the next season. Yeah, its confirmed, and i can't wait to jumped up into that thing!

Ah, Ogata, he decided to join the old man gang, which was made it difficult for both Tsurumi, and Sugimoto side. However, Ogata did a right decision, as his revenge toward Lieutenant Tsurumi still high through the sky. Well, its time to scoring this series!

This is just my personal satisfaction. But i do love this kind of series so i don't have any hesitations to fully supported this kind of thing.
10/10
On to the next season!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 18, 2021 4:10 PM

Jun 2019
My 127th completed (only the first season) series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Jul 1, 2021 6:45 PM

Dec 2007
Sooo...the horse racing onii-san shaved his beard for the race, but he has it back on in the last scenes... What's going on :D

A good anime, story, pace, ost, characters, so far I'm happy with all... looking forward to seeing S2 and how the story develops
Sep 16, 2021 4:22 PM

Dec 2018
Well done adaptation, though a weird way to end the season, not a lot of suspense.
Oct 9, 2021 10:41 AM

May 2020
The conflict will start in Yuubei, Tsurumi just too fast.
Jun 11, 2022 2:07 PM

May 2020
Gambling can never be a source of money, though I think it's still something Shiraishi won't learn for a while. Also kinda curious about that fortune teller lady, as her predictions did hit the target more often than not. Was a decent finale, nothing bad but still kinda pale in comparison when it comes to some previous episodes.

Didn't thought I'd end up liking the series this much, really a surprise, though a pleasant one. 8.5/10 for now.

Next up, second season.
Jul 29, 2022 6:00 AM
Oct 2019
Horse Race Season Finale.
it's pretty chill tbh.

Gambling is bad, when you don't know when to stop... lol

Really Good Season 1. not just the Action and Adventure, i didn't expect the Comedy will be this good.
8/10

Hinna Hinna
Sep 10, 2022 11:04 PM
Aug 2020
muito bom kkkkkkkkkk
Sep 15, 2022 11:31 AM
Apr 2021
it was good next season i am wating
Oct 13, 2022 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode!
A new character, fortune teller! And Sugimoto's team are changing there plan. Plus Hijikata got new Tattoo as well!
8/10 for this season, it was great season!
Oct 23, 2022 6:31 PM

Jul 2015
So glad to have found this, last episode was as brutal, hilarious, and captivating as always
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Feb 18, 2023 10:34 AM

Jan 2011
this was a fun first season with an engaging story an charming characters, though dragged down by average visuals an, at times, bad animation 7/10
Feb 24, 2023 9:05 AM
Oct 2013
Hina Hina Hina
the ones who watched will understand.
Jun 2, 2023 5:42 AM

May 2020
pretty good anime
I like the world and characters
solid 8/10
onto season 2 now

Jun 14, 2023 5:13 PM
Aug 2010
Pretty decent anime, but nothing I would watch for over 4 seasons or more. A solid 7/10  maybe I will continue it some day
Jul 27, 2023 5:06 AM

Dec 2020
How did he get his beard back lol
So far good show. The faces and expressions are hilarious. Sorta reminds me of mob psycho. It can also be kinda nasty at times too. Time for the next season
Sep 16, 2023 3:55 AM
Aug 2022
I like it a lot. Very original setting and incredible characters.
Oct 7, 2023 2:19 AM
Jul 2021
I don't get it why this anime is so popular? Annoying characters, way too much modern politics/identity. The ainu loli babbling about "I'm a new kind of ainu woman" little brat shut your mouth! back in 1904 there wasn't such a thing as "a new kind of woman" because that's the real message the producer of this "anime" wanted to insert in their project, oh look at us we're so edgy & modern, err nope!

There wasn't such a thing in much more developed places like NYC, London or Berlin much less a backwater, hostile place like Hokkaido was back then.

This anime had to insert modern woke ideals in it, and by doing so it ruin the watching experience. Why is it that shows like this one have multiple season, while much better ones have only one? Maybe because the shows that had only one seasons didn't bend the knee to the western train wreck woke crew, like this one did.

This anime having a score of 7.87 feels like a travesty and a dishonest one.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Mar 9, 8:51 PM

Jul 2021
Not the best end to a first season, though it was a nice episode.

Asirpa and her hunting skill capturing that fox. We go introduced to a new person who was a fortune teller she was kinda cool.

The horse racing was definitely the highlight of this episode, it was very entertaining to watch.

8/10 i will be back for season 2.

Mar 24, 1:53 PM
Aug 2023
its pretty nice, the comedy its a 10/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2018

91 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Apr 15, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

292 by Nilton_Junio »»
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 9 Discussion

17 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 8 Discussion

19 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.