Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2017 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, episode had more fan service than the first one, with the pool at least.

So we got more info dump regarding how classes are divided and that they are by talent/skills. Class D is apparently the bottom the of tier. I guess this show will explore how the students (at that tier anyway) will have to climb up the ranks. Given there's a mid-term coming, it offers that opportunity. Not bad, I got invested into the story more now after this episode.
Jul 19, 2017 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
Not bad episode, but feels like a lot has been skipped (as usual, for any LN ).

We got to see the weak side of Horikita, but damn that (short) fight scene was intense.
Jul 19, 2017 9:13 AM
Apr 2015
The way MC exploited Kushida to gathering Sudou and his clique was butchered? Or maybe I was wrong. haha

So after watched this episode, I still can't believe Lerche changed the plot way too far. Originally, class D had funny time in April, they were carefree to enjoy their swim class. It's way more logic than being carefree after they have known their allotted points were 0.
TooEzGammingJul 19, 2017 9:46 AM
Jul 19, 2017 9:38 AM

Jan 2016
A very intriguing episode. The thing about the deadpan MC is that we have no idea what emotions he really feels, and it's obvious by the hints in this episode that he his hiding his past...

However, the fact about his test scores may in fact be
but honestly, no one knows.

This definitely keeps me watching. And am I right in saying that
Jesus...

EDIT: Also, it seems that the two class A students are exploiting the S-System...
ButadonMeitanteiJul 19, 2017 9:42 AM
Jul 19, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2015
So, this is what is getting me a little confused.

There is a way to move to other classes by doing a test.

The bad studends are also expelled by school.

Isn't logical to think that very soon there will be little difference between classes? The test to move classes seems to be more like a temporary way out before the bad students are expelled. Unless there are other gifts for Class A (or Class D means your head will be chopped if you don't move out quickly).

AdrianRubinskyJul 19, 2017 10:11 AM
Jul 19, 2017 10:13 AM

Jun 2015
Got to learn about the S-System. Class D is at the bottom of the bunch. Kiyotaka rigged his own test to be in that class. Horikita is trying to be in the same class as her brother, but he considers her a failure. His short fight with Kiyotaka was quite intense. He sure can fight. Everyone managed to pass their tests.
Jul 19, 2017 10:15 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ayanokuji is a great MC, really interested what he's trying to achieve here.

That little fight was intense as well, he dodged it like a pro o_O

Also the student council president is the brother of Suzune.

Not sure what to think of him, he looks deceptive to me but the last words from him this episode were alright from his side. I just wonder how exactly Suzune went down from A-class like that. Was it just her shunning everyone?
Jul 19, 2017 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
Suzune and student council president are siblings. He was going to hit her for real.

Kiyotaka scored 50 in all his test. He surprised me in that short fight scene. Maybe I should practice Piano and Calligraphy. Also tea ceremony. XD

Jul 19, 2017 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
Wow so they do almost all of vol.1 in 2 episodes, cutting out most of the classes character development. Not too happy about that especially since it hurts the MC the most and the setup for vol.2 will be lacking.

At least the parts that were adapted were done well.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 19, 2017 10:22 AM

Sep 2013
The MC can fight, hmmm... I really want to know the back story of the MC.
Jul 19, 2017 10:29 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
It's just gonna become what the premise was supposed to be, aka :
Baka to Test x Oregairu, except the Oregairu part is more dark and mature as far as elitism can be exploited.
Not nuts work :x

Jul 19, 2017 10:31 AM

Nov 2016
The little fight caught me off guard, wasn't expecting that.

Overall it was ok, we got some infos about the system and found also out that the student council president and is Suzunes brother.

My only problem is that the show takes itself too serious, except the pool scene which was a bit more lighthearted but not really appropriate considering what happened at the end of the last episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 19, 2017 10:34 AM

May 2014
ButadonMeitante said:

This definitely keeps me watching. And am I right in saying that
Jesus...

I think he was just about to hit her.

Interesting episode to say the least. I'm keeping this show for the remainder of the season.
Jul 19, 2017 10:40 AM

Jul 2009
Omg I swear I would have loved Ayanokouji to death even if he wasn't proven to be a badass this episode. WOW. I love him so much.

This totally helps because there isn't a single other character so far that I can say I like. I thought Horikita was a little bit ok at the start but she's just really annoying. Like anyone would know that's not how you talk to people if you truly wanted to help. She really did waste her time, but it was her fault it got wasted, nobody else's.

And I like how she was pretending to be a lone wolf and doesn't need anyone yet she consistently approaches Ayanokouji first all the time. -.- Her brother is a douche though. Don't assault your sister.
Jul 19, 2017 10:50 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
holy shit are the girls in this anime fine as fuck...

dat fanservice <3

Kikyou has amazing tits just like the teacher
Jul 19, 2017 10:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Intentionally getting 50 in every subject? Who do you think you are, Miyanaga Saki?
Jul 19, 2017 10:53 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Glad we got the info dump about the system, I wanted to know the details.

Really liking our MC and I like Horkita as well, A guy who seems to want to be average (or whatever his game seems to be) and a girl who excels but looks down on everyone, they're a very interesting duo and also have a really unique kinda dynamic going on for him.

Damn, I did not expect our MC to be a badass. That short fight was pretty intense. :O
Suzune's brother does seem like an ass.

I was kinda surprised to see Kushida was voiced by Shikaco, this is the first time I'm hearing her voice on a character outside of Hanayo from Love Live. I think I liked Kushida more than I expected since she voiced her. XD

Lelouch0202Jul 19, 2017 1:22 PM
Jul 19, 2017 11:11 AM

Feb 2011
Just glad they changed the ED. I was surprised there was a song that was intentionally sung that way. Hoping it doesn't return.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jul 19, 2017 11:18 AM
Dec 2016
I actually like the pace of this anime..it's quite fast but everyone can still catch up with it like in Dr3 with the same director.

Hope that they'll come back to adapt the skipping parts..

Lerche changes all these events in different time-order to be more serious than ln like the little fight scene that make me feel more intense when it comes to anime!

Black/Purple long-hair girls always catch me of guard! ;P The Ice-Queen may broken a bit next ep..

Now we're about 70% of the first volume.

CreateMaxJul 19, 2017 11:43 AM
Jul 19, 2017 11:20 AM

Feb 2016
wow lol, only the LN readers noticed the "rush" that was on this episode, for me it felt quite well paced, the MC is quite an interesting subject, can't wait for next episode
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 19, 2017 11:21 AM

Jun 2017
I really like Horikita, she is like an extremely elitist version of Yukino lol. Ayanokouji is also pretty interesting, didn't expect that fight scene at all. He is clearly lying about his past. Kushida didn't turn out to be the super annoying character I envisioned her to be yet so that's also a plus.
Jul 19, 2017 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
HereticHunter said:
wow lol, only the LN readers noticed the "rush" that was on this episode, for me it felt quite well paced, the MC is quite an interesting subject, can't wait for next episode

It isn't just rushed, numerous points changed

But yeah, it is going extremely faster than the LN for sure.
Jul 19, 2017 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
A lot of people seem to be saying that this was a really rushed episode, but to me it honestly felt as if it was reasonably well-paced. In any case it was interesting to learn about the S-System and also to see some developments in the main group dynamic. It's also nice to see that this S-System does actually provide the students a chance to improve themselves rather than the system being used for arbitrary discrimination like in Assassination Classroom.
Jul 19, 2017 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
Not as good as the first episode, but still very strong and interesting.
Jul 19, 2017 11:41 AM

May 2015
Kiyotaka is surely an interesting guy alright, he has those fighting skills, that's for sure. Wonder what's up with this whole S-system.

Nice episode.

Jul 19, 2017 11:43 AM
Nov 2016
This was better, much better in fact.
The info dump certainly helped a lot.
Seems like our plain-at-first-glance MC isn't really plain, he is talented and is hiding something.

Seeing the vulnerable side of Horikita was interesting too. Her brother is a dick though.
Jul 19, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
Well MC caught me off guard, despite his monotone no fucks given face he dodged those attacks like a pro, MC pulled a 180 on my list.
This episode just got me more hooked, cliche BS beta MC would have gotten his ass kicked then and there and have the girl stop his bro thus saving his ass, glad this didnt pull that route.
Jul 19, 2017 11:52 AM

Feb 2015
Rimazu said:
HereticHunter said:

It isn't just rushed, numerous points changed

But yeah, it is going extremely faster than the LN for sure.

But yeah, I liked the episode but the pacing was questionable at parts. There's literally 0 explanation how the whole class passed the midterm; hopefully they'll have an info dump explanation next ep at least. Also looks like they're probably saving a certain scene for later, which actually might not be a bad idea tbh.
Jul 19, 2017 12:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Seems this school doesn't place much emphasis on values and moral behaviour . the student council president is the kind go guy who on the sly was going to strike his little sister in her stomach. Some leader he is.

I like our MC.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 19, 2017 12:30 PM

Mar 2012
Lohuydahutt said:

But yeah, I liked the episode but the pacing was questionable at parts. There's literally 0 explanation how the whole class passed the midterm; hopefully they'll have an info dump explanation next ep at least.

They'll probably explain it that they did a 2nd group study session as mentioned by LN reader above, that moe blob girl said she will help them too anyway.

The pacing is quite good actually, there's seldom "wait, whut?" moment.
Jul 19, 2017 12:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SakurasouBusters said:
Not as good as the first episode

my penis strongly disagrees with this statement
Jul 19, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
SakurasouBusters said:
Not as good as the first episode

Haha! The fanservice was nice, but the episode in general was not as good.
Jul 19, 2017 12:37 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SakurasouBusters said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Haha! The fanservice was nice, but the episode in general was not as good.

i was kinda like "wtf" at the "we all achieved high scores" when they didn't really show any studying.. however

sexy big boob girls in swimsuits >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> plot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BAE<3

ill be waiting for her merch for sure but every girl in this show is fine as fuck, and gat damn is that teacher sexy, she can talk me down any day
EcchiGodMamsterJul 19, 2017 12:40 PM
Jul 19, 2017 12:40 PM

Sep 2014
I can now see why this was labeled a comedy. My dude has some amazing reflexes, and good fighting skills and he credited that to piano and calligraphy. That caught me off guard.
Jul 19, 2017 12:49 PM

Jan 2015
@CreativeMax
They'll definitely show rooftop scene and 2nd time group-learning. At least in flashbacks...

@EcchiLordMamster
finally someone acknowledging Kushida's beauty. Most beautiful and kindest girl ever <3 and those eyes Aaah. Horikita is fine in swimsuit as well, but she was just sitting straight without showing off anything :P

@ButadonMeitante
The reason why he scored 70 on the most recent exam is because if you score beyond average you would be kicked out. But they dont know what that average is gonna be, so he cant risk it. If everyone in his class do very well on exams and average is higher than 65 then him scoring low there will result in him being expelled. So not risking too much he tried to aim to score relatively high, 70 is not that high but definitely enough to score higher than classes average.

The reason why he tries to score 50 and lower is because he doesnt want to stand out if someone didnt realize.

Btw pretty funny how their smartphones look way too good (Sasuga Lerche) they look even better than smartphone in Isekai smartphone <3

And that fight animation Aaah Hands down to Lerche...
Jul 19, 2017 1:00 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
To be honest, this episode wasn't as great as the first but it was fairly enjoyable and interesting itself. Ayanokouji seems like a really strong main character as well as an intelligent one so that's nice to see. Personally, I found the ending where the whole class passed, that too with high grades, was quite the shocker. Seeing Ayanokouji's eye enlarge makes me think there was an involvement from a third party perhaps which he is already aware of or something of the sort, I mean its highly unlikely that he would do something out of the ordinary for his fellow classmates.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 19, 2017 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting..... never knew piano and calligraphy would allow you to fight like that :P
Obviously there's more to Ayanokouji than meets the eye. Looking forward to seeing just what it is that motivates him to score so low.

Also, how the heck did everyone else manage to boost their scores so suddenly? It makes no sense.... Are their whole class full of lazy geniuses???

And LoL at the ED where they showed how many points everyone has left. That was a nice touch.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 19, 2017 1:10 PM

Feb 2015
dzn018 said:
Lohuydahutt said:

But yeah, I liked the episode but the pacing was questionable at parts. There's literally 0 explanation how the whole class passed the midterm; hopefully they'll have an info dump explanation next ep at least.

They'll probably explain it that they did a 2nd group study session as mentioned by LN reader above, that moe blob girl said she will help them too anyway.

The pacing is quite good actually, there's seldom "wait, whut?" moment.

I know how it happened because I read the first volume of the LN, but I'd be surprised if they gave more than a brief explanation here. I'm just wondering how much of the skipped content they'll cover in the next episode. If they're just rearranging scenes that's fine with me, if they're completely glancing over them I'll be somewhat bothered. Guess there's nothing to do but wait in that respect. But oh well, soon enough they'll start covering stuff I didn't read so the pacing stuff will probably become less noticeable.
Jul 19, 2017 1:15 PM
Jul 2017
Great ep. Went from "possibly drop" to "must watch". I have determined to study piano and calligraphy. (or was it tea ceremony?)
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jul 19, 2017 1:18 PM
Oct 2007
I have been waiting to watch this the entire week and this is indeed interesting! Instead of an individual race, we are going to witness how a group at the very bottom is going to rise up the rank. Looking forward to the next episode too!!

P.S. Pacing wise feels alright.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2017 1:21 PM
Aug 2015
They story is definitely very good, really enjoying it! The MC is still a bit dull to me, but his back story looks very good. 50 on every exam? seems to me he did it on purpose, and not just a coincidence!
Jul 19, 2017 1:32 PM
Aug 2015
To be honest, I enjoyed the first episode and started to read the light novel but I am disappointed after watching this one because they skipped too many things.

I do understand that an adaptation can be different.
In my opinion, the first episode was good because they added a self-introduction scene and made some minor changes.
However; in this episode, I do not think that they are respecting the original story.
okazJul 19, 2017 1:36 PM
Jul 19, 2017 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
Enjoyable episode. Plenty of mysteries and interesting character interactions.
Jul 19, 2017 2:00 PM

Apr 2014
MC is something here...he is strong and looks like he intentionally gets that kind of scores.
Anyway, I don't like Kushida at all.
She is somewhat annoying...
Suzune on the other hand, she is awesome.
Jul 19, 2017 2:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Hirugiku said:

@EcchiLordMamster
finally someone acknowledging Kushida's beauty. Most beautiful and kindest girl ever <3 and those eyes Aaah. Horikita is fine in swimsuit as well, but she was just sitting straight without showing off anything :P

lol well i do that in every thread XD

poeple over here like:

"its looking like skipped some stuff", and "this MC though"

meanwhile im over here like:

"yes, more fine ass girls to fap to now in swimsuits"
Jul 19, 2017 2:14 PM
Oct 2015
I though this is pure comedy (because I see the tag) but.. isn't this supposed to have physiological/drama tag?
Jul 19, 2017 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
That little fight at the end completely surprised me lol,
Jul 19, 2017 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
That pool scene though, his body totally turned her on lol
RaydntJul 19, 2017 2:42 PM
Jul 19, 2017 2:56 PM

Jan 2009
Whoa whoa, for real? They jumped to the hi-scoring test without explaining what led up to it? Or are they going to reverse-tell the story next episode?

*blinks*

Now I'm curious how they're going to resolve this...
Jul 19, 2017 2:57 PM

Jun 2014
I most certainly wasn't expecting to see that short fight between Ayanokoji and Horikita's jackass brother. It was pretty cool, and there's definitely something the MC is hding (I highly doubt he knows how to fight because of piano, calligraphy, and tea ceremony). Not to mention the whole thing about him intentionally rigging his entrance exam scores, which also adds suspicion in regards to his past.

I think it didn't really come as a surprise that Class D did well on their exams but I hope they explain how that happened. It feels like it just simply happened out of nowhere, so hopefully they fill in the gaps.
thebrentinator24Jul 19, 2017 3:12 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

527 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.