Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, that was actually kinda fun. We got introduction of the main characters from right off the bat.

Boruto's narration and personality feels quite similar to Naruto. I love how he defended that kid he met from those bullies.
The show so far has a decent amount of energy. For what's worth, I think it was a fun watch.

Nice to see Naruto himself in this of course and other familiar characters. The train scene was dope.
Stark700Apr 5, 2017 9:57 AM
Apr 5, 2017 2:51 AM

Jan 2014
That opening really gave me vibes of the last opening of bleach.
Also that Kawaki tease lol. Decent start of the series tho.

Apr 5, 2017 2:53 AM
Jun 2011
this was pretty good start to the series. lets see if it continue this way
Apr 5, 2017 2:55 AM

Dec 2012
Great & enjoyable first episode.
Woah that start though. Gonna be a while until we get to that part.

Another good song from KANA BOON. ED song is nice as well.
Cool seeing Naruto as Hokage & Hinata is such a loving & caring mother.
So cool seeing people from Naruto's Generation grow up.
Himawari is adorable.

Boruto has good Shadow Clone control.
LOL the train carriage smashing into Naruto's Statue face.
That is one way of making a dramatic entrance.

Looking forward to seeing the other students.
Santoryu_XBurnerApr 5, 2017 2:58 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 5, 2017 2:57 AM
Apr 2017
Damn soo many questions. A lot of theories debunked tho! guess he didnt get the eyes from hinata
Apr 5, 2017 3:00 AM

Sep 2016
The Opening is so much like OP 15 of Bleach. Great start hyping up Kawaki vs Boruto. It was a solid start and that train scene was funny
Apr 5, 2017 3:19 AM

Mar 2008
I came for MILF Hinata. Also, the episode was good. xD
Apr 5, 2017 3:29 AM

Dec 2014
Surprisingly really good. I thought it'd be decent at best but this was a great start.

Art and animation look slick, the opening scene(post Kawaki) had a really nice fast paced and energetic feel to it with all the parkour movement and pretty much everything just flowed really well. What the hell Pierrot? XD

Lot of questions raised this episode with the snake thing that bit Denki and Boruto's eye plus the whole future thing. I kinda skipped the movie recap chapters of the manga so if they explained something, could someone explain it to me or at least direct me to the appropriate chapter?

They seem to be meshing in a modern setting along with the original ninja one, you can see the different types of rubble in the background during the scene with Kawaki as opposed to the manga and I assume the main conflict of the series is gonna revolve around this difference in era. At least that's what I think.

Wonder how long this series is gonna be, Anyway, looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 5, 2017 3:30 AM

Nov 2015
I don't think that this epi will be that good... OP visuals are so awesome & song was good too...
They adapted that Kawaki scene .. wow was not expecting (thats a plus)... Overall 4/5 (Good)

Apr 5, 2017 3:36 AM

May 2014
I loved this episode! That start with Kawaki :oo
Didn't really like the opening, I think it will take some time to get used to it.
Should I start reading the manga? Boruto's eye seemed interesting.
Can't wait for the next episode!
Just Monika.
Apr 5, 2017 3:40 AM

Dec 2014
well boruto seemed so similar to the whole Naruto progress...wanted to be acknowledge ..or something...I guess introduction to the new characters
Apr 5, 2017 3:50 AM
Nov 2015
Glad to see that studio pierrot isn't holding back on the production of the first episode. The animation was great, and the art was great as well. Seems like the anime will somewhat follow the manga with that intro scene. I personally haven't been enjoying the manga so far, but the intro scene was amazing in both the manga and the anime. Hopefully the anime does a better job than what the manga has done so far. I have high hopes for this!
Apr 5, 2017 3:53 AM

May 2010
Where's Picard? Jkjk.
Nice start. Purposely not reading the manga so that I can enjoy the anime version.
Apr 5, 2017 4:00 AM

Apr 2015
Can I watch this without watching Naruto?
Apr 5, 2017 4:11 AM
Nov 2015
Kzalca said:

Yes, although there will probably be some things that are hard to understand.

You could watch the original Naruto first (not shippuuden), then go to Boruto if you want to know how the shinobi world is built.

Although if that doesn't matter too much for you, I think you'll be just fine watching only Boruto.
Apr 5, 2017 4:14 AM
Aug 2014
This was one high budget filler of "naruto" that kept me intersted from star to end. It set before the Sarada side-story, the last official material by Kishimoto. The movie takes place after the academy years, so we all should be prepared for years of filler materials before hitting the main story.
Apr 5, 2017 4:16 AM

Sep 2016
That opening scene was cool.. I've seen it before but It was fan made so watching the actual thing was a different experience. Boruto has a completely opposite kinda side from what naruto used to be. Boruto knows a lot of ninjutsu like shadow clone already before joining academy unlike naruto, (man those were the days) xD

Definitely enjoyed the first episode. (wasn't that good but I didn't expected much from boruto) I'm really curious to see what that black aura/thing was & did I see byakugan/tenseigan in his right eye?! D:
SenpieXApr 5, 2017 4:24 AM
Apr 5, 2017 4:17 AM
Oct 2013
That´s the first thing that came to mind when I saw the conductor yelling at Boruto

Anyway ok episode 3/5. The animation is what mostly elevated the episode for me.

Lelouch0202 said:

Lot of questions raised this episode with the snake thing that bit Denki and Boruto's eye plus the whole future thing. I kinda skipped the movie recap chapters of the manga so if they explained something, could someone explain it to me or at least direct me to the appropriate chapter?

Chapter 10 you´re welcome, but don´t expect much explanation the Manga relishes itself in avoiding any answers, but asking more questions inbetween the shitloads of filler it delivers.
IsterioApr 5, 2017 4:22 AM
Apr 5, 2017 4:18 AM

Mar 2015
is the anime is based on the manga, or it's original?
Apr 5, 2017 4:19 AM

Jan 2017
I hated the movie , halfway into the 1st episode things look pretty cool.
I came in expecting this to be horrible.
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Apr 5, 2017 4:22 AM

Sep 2010
OH NO! This was good, really good. I didn't touch any of this stuff ever since manga ended. I didn't watch the cannon episodes of anime either. But here I decided to try this out and it turned out to be pretty good.

Sure there is nostalgia for the ninja world and wish to find out what happens after but looking at this anime stand alone, it stands really strong on it's own as well. No I would say that on it's own it stands even stronger as if someone didn't know naruto (mostly impossible) then this entire thing would be so much more interesting as there would be so much more to find out.

Truly, I really didn't want to acknowledge this series as I believed I am finally free of this franchise but compared to most new shows that come out nowadays or even compared to great shows of the past this first episode is high up there.

And so the addition comes back.

PS; Speaking of the episode, unlike the movie or the manga that throws us at Chunin exam, anime has it's start in the place where it starts, which is so much better. Rather than getting all those characters thrown on our face straight on as their parents counterparts, we will get a chance to actually get to know them.
Apr 5, 2017 4:24 AM

Dec 2015
Time for Boruto's adventures to start eh? That opening sequence tho. I'm guessing the last movies wasn't cannon since Boruto still dislikes his father. Nice episode overall.
joe_g7Apr 5, 2017 8:15 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 5, 2017 4:28 AM
Jan 2015
yay Finally it came out . Cool opening of the episode , revealing may be the death of naruto and Boruto's Tenseigan .
Fighting scene and free running at the start of episode were so badass .
Apr 5, 2017 4:29 AM

Jul 2015
I voted "okay", I have issues with it but it's still too early to say how the series itself will turn out. I'm hoping for a clean restart with similar down-to-earth ninjaing that pre-timeship Naruto had, and this episode implied that we'd get that. That eye-thing Boruto got seemed to imply some new eye hax. I tend to hate the eye powers in Naruto but if Boruto's eye doesn't become completely OP then it's okay I guess.

Can't wait to get to the school stuff and get to know the side characters more. The secondary cast has always been the best part of Naruto, so I'm expecting at least a few new favorites.
Apr 5, 2017 4:30 AM

Feb 2015
Who is this girl? and When will she get screen-time?
Apr 5, 2017 4:31 AM

Aug 2016
The introduction seems a bit to fast with all the events that just happened.

Set by SenpieX
Apr 5, 2017 4:33 AM

Sep 2014
So when will the fillers end?
Apr 5, 2017 4:35 AM

Jan 2017
That was a nice start for the Boruto series.
Apr 5, 2017 4:35 AM
Jan 2016
Great beginning escpecially with Boruto's Byakugan/Tenseigan :D
Apr 5, 2017 4:43 AM

Aug 2016
Okay, fresh new start, episode was actually quite enjoyable, let's hope it does not go down like shippuden did.

Btw, why did they make Naruto's hair on the stonewall spiky, his hair did not look like that when he became Hokage...

Question:
Was this tenseigan thingy people are talking about in the Naruto manga and I missed it or is it something new from the Boruto manga?
GreeenSpongeApr 5, 2017 4:46 AM
Apr 5, 2017 4:46 AM

Apr 2014
That was quite a strong start. Also they pretty much confirmed Boruto has Tanseigan.

dicecop said:

You're not funny.
Apr 5, 2017 4:47 AM

Jun 2010
Hakisak said:
Who is this girl? and When will she get screen-time?

I would also like to know. She looks cute as f**k.
Apr 5, 2017 4:47 AM

Sep 2014
Z4k said:
That was quite a strong start. Also they pretty much confirmed Boruto has Tanseigan.

dicecop said:

You're not funny.

Sorry bro. I forgot that all of Boruto is filler ;DDD
Apr 5, 2017 4:52 AM
Dec 2009
Was very expectant and the first episode surely didn't let me down. It was all in all a nice start and the similarity between Boruto and his father really can't be ignored, though as he said, the paths that they're going to walk on would truly be different, and I couldn't get more hyped up about that. Epic train scene. He's Naruto's kid, after all. Lol
Apr 5, 2017 4:52 AM

Oct 2013
Well the entire show is a flashback ? XD
I like how they spoil so many things not even one minute after the beginning of the show

"it's boring now but don't worry guys cool destruction and badass people will be here soon! JUST CONTINU TO WATCH THIS SHOW YOU GET IT"
Apr 5, 2017 4:53 AM

Apr 2017
I was expecting something worst but the episode was actually not that bad, lets just hope that this anime lives up for our expectations. And the animation has increased alot. This ep for me 4/5.
When captured birds grow wiser, they try to open the cage with their beaks. They don't give up, because they want to fly again.

Apr 5, 2017 4:57 AM

Dec 2011
Kira_96 said:
is the anime is based on the manga, or it's original?

Well the producer said that this one will be original and have nothing to do with the current manga one.
Apr 5, 2017 5:01 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, that prologue got me all hyped for this anime.
Lol, Boruto made a big entrance at the ceremony.
Apr 5, 2017 5:05 AM
Sep 2016
Very good and energetic start, now to see will boruto overshadow naruto or will fail, only time will tell. I am pretty hyped, and it doesn't seem like they are milking it by the way.
Apr 5, 2017 5:09 AM

Apr 2015
xTcHero said:
Kzalca said:

Yes, although there will probably be some things that are hard to understand.

You could watch the original Naruto first (not shippuuden), then go to Boruto if you want to know how the shinobi world is built.

Although if that doesn't matter too much for you, I think you'll be just fine watching only Boruto.

I watched a bit of Naruto and I got the basic understanding of how things work since I have a friend who likes it so I think I`ll be good.
Apr 5, 2017 5:09 AM
Nov 2013
dicecop said:
Z4k said:

You're not funny.

Sorry bro. I forgot that all of Boruto is filler ;DDD

Is that really so bad this time around? Man I suggest you grow up though. The older I got, the more uncaring I got about these kind of things.

Fillers are annoying if they break up the main story constantly (hi Shippuuden) and I developed a dislike for them in that way, but in this way, fully original, no weird short arcs cutting up the main story? Don't mind it one bit.

Nor should you, tbh.
Apr 5, 2017 5:16 AM

Feb 2016
AnimeJunky said:
I came for MILF Hinata. Also, the episode was good. xD
Ummm uhhh ugmmmm........
Apr 5, 2017 5:24 AM

Mar 2012
GreeenSponge said:
Was this tenseigan thingy people are talking about in the Naruto manga and I missed it or is it something new from the Boruto manga?
Tenseigan is from Naruto Movie The Last as the ancestor power of Byakugan that Hyuuga have now. Also like Naruto is inheritor of Ashura chakra Hinata is also inheritor of Homura Ootsuki chakra making it plausible that Boruto would inherit Tenseigan from her.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 5, 2017 5:36 AM

Aug 2010
Strange world when fillers are actually better than the actual manga. Please stay a ninja SoL for a few months.
Apr 5, 2017 5:38 AM
Oct 2013
GreeenSponge said:

It´s basicly the Byakugan version of the Rinnegan and translated means the same.
Eye of Samsara.

NeoAnkara said:

Tenseigan is from Naruto Movie The Last as the ancestor power of Byakugan that Hyuuga have now. Also like Naruto is inheritor of Ashura chakra Hinata is also inheritor of Homura Ootsuki chakra making it plausible that Boruto would inherit Tenseigan from her.

It was a long time theory of mine I announced after reading chapter 700.
I assumed that Boruto is the Hyuga equivalent of an Uchiha and a Senju having a kid together. Which following the rules, should lead to Rinnegan awakening in the kid.

This theory was supported when we were told by Kushina that the Uzumaki are distant relatives to the Senju. Following the fact that the Hyuga are cousins to the Senju and the Uchiha through patrilineal inheritance, it´s highly possible that the Uzumaki are the sibling clan of the Hyuga. The Hyuga being the ones to inherit their ancestors eyes and the Uzumaki his body, therfore if you combine those two bloodlines you may achieve the same powers this ancestor had. Which is basicly on the powerscale of Hagoromo the Sage of the 6 paths.
IsterioApr 5, 2017 1:40 PM
Apr 5, 2017 5:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I laugh at all of the people who doubted this
Apr 5, 2017 5:39 AM

Jul 2013

I love the last word.
Apr 5, 2017 5:40 AM

Jan 2017
not bad i don't like boruto and why is the snake lady so fat
Apr 5, 2017 5:41 AM

Jan 2017
and the animation isn't the best especially sarada's animation
and why is the snake lady so fat
AkerakaaaaiApr 5, 2017 5:51 AM
Apr 5, 2017 5:49 AM
Oct 2013
kikyo1hinamora said:
and the animation isn't the best especially sarada's animation

Wtf are you talking about? The animation was majorly Sakuga, some frames were badly drawn but this was on average highly above anything Studio Pierrot delivers on a regular basis. It´s the reason I dearly hope that it´ll be a seasonal series rather than a continued one to give Hiroyuki the time he needs to animate and direct this into something good.

Ofc even he cannot repair a fundamantelly broken or boring plot but this wasn´t ever the issue with Naruto aside from fillers that were a cause of the continual nature of the show.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 218 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

160 by Gabriel31YT »»
May 17, 9:50 AM

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.