Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 23, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this episode got a bit awkward.

I think the highlight would be the bedroom scene between Neko and Masamune. All the teasing aside, Neko actually went for the kiss! All the melodrama aside, they actually squeezed in some water park fun into this. Heh. Why do you eat so much Aki?!
Feb 23, 2017 6:50 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
It was an interesting episode, Neko did her move

Feb 23, 2017 8:38 AM

Jan 2015

This is Neko's fault for "steal" that photo, which makes Masamune can't focus about talking with Adagaki. But well, at least after that he can visit Neko and pretty much reveal the truth about her.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 23, 2017 8:43 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode! Well I feel a bit bad for Neko now but it doesn't change my opinion that she shouldn't have taken the photo.

I loved the atmosphere created in the bedroom scene with the angles and BGM, it was perfect. And good on Masamune for being able to reject her.

I wonder what Aki is thinking...
Feb 23, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2016
This could turn out to be a Melodramatic anime, I hope that Neko chan will be alright, this was quite a serious episode, beside that master bosom's were so huge Adagaki was so jealous
Feb 23, 2017 8:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was the most intense episode yet and I really liked it a lot, but man I dunno how I feel about Neko now
Feb 23, 2017 8:52 AM

Jul 2015
Why does Masamune think that Neko is dis-genuine? I don't see what alternate motives she could have.

Glad to see the plot going in an interesting direction from what I previously thought would be a predictable show.
Feb 23, 2017 8:58 AM
Feb 2017
champdude17 said:
Why does Masamune think that Neko is dis-genuine? I don't see what alternate motives she could have.

Glad to see the plot going in an interesting direction from what I previously thought would be a predictable show.

I think it's because she lied about how they met? And he literally has no idea how she actually knows him. Since he's so used to being used he probably assumes she's trying to exploit him for gain somehow. It frustrates me how she just wasn't honest. ;~;
Feb 23, 2017 9:06 AM

Dec 2014
Definitely a more serious episode this time around, a good one nonetheless.

While I do prefer Aki and Masamune together, I really like Neko as well. Felt sad when she cried. At least Makabe rejected her formally instead of just remaining indecisive and that's a really good thing, cause often MC's can tend to be really indecisive and seeing Makabe being honest with Neko was nice.
The bedroom scene was really well done, Neko's teasing was spot on. xD

Aki looking good in that swimsuit. :3

Hope nothing serious happens to Neko. :(
Feb 23, 2017 9:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was by far the best episode thus far. Granted that's not saying a whole lot since it hasn't been super impressive previously but still, that was pretty interesting really
Feb 23, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
Very serious episode. It was satisfying when Neko got rejected. Didn't think she would kiss Masamune. He was taken by surprise. Now she ran away.
Feb 23, 2017 9:21 AM

Dec 2014
Who the hell goes to someone else's apartment and spend like an hour or a few "formally declining" an invitation to go out with them, I know that's sort of what ended up happening in the end but it would just sound so fishy from everyone else's perspective haha

It was an interesting episode though, I'm still confused by some things surrounding Neko, like someone else mentioned here already, how did she know Makabe and why did she lie about it? And all the other suspicious things too, I really though she was gonna be sort of a female Makabe going for revenge on him for a while there but now I really have no idea what's gonna happen
Feb 23, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
well that was a sudden kiss... I liked the whole intimacy this episode.... I think think Neko chan is connected to Masamune's Past some how
Feb 23, 2017 9:43 AM

Mar 2016
Very intense episode this week. Didn't expect Neko to go in for the kiss tbh. I like her character.
Poor Neko. Hope she's alright :(

Feb 23, 2017 9:52 AM

Jun 2013
I really liked this episode. I felt like both Neko and Masamune's characters gained a lot of depth.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Feb 23, 2017 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
I actually thought Neko and Masamune were going to go all the way for a second. I know I would have if I was in his shoes.

I haven't been too impressed by this show but I have to admit, this episode was pretty good and it finally feels like something interesting is about to happen.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 23, 2017 10:01 AM
Dec 2015
I didn't have big expectations for this show, but its surprises one after another.

A good humor coupled with a somewhat "believable" drama and the pacing in romance anime actually not being a problem. they arent dragging their feet. its a solid 7 at this time, hope the rest will not disappoint.
Feb 23, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, after this episode I don't know who to root for. This episode was definitely more serious than the others. I think the reason why Nero hid all that stuff from pig's foot lies in her past with him. She genuinely loves him tho, hence my confusion for what he should really do...
damn, the forums these days...
Feb 23, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2014
That was a pleasant surprise. The bed scene was really good. I like how everything just kind of fell into place there in that moment.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 23, 2017 10:09 AM

Apr 2013
Lol. The drama is so cringeworthy.
Feb 23, 2017 10:41 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The music is so good that it can enhance scenes to another level. Best episode yet.
Feb 23, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
lol that little girl in the cafe has already reached savage level
Feb 23, 2017 10:59 AM

Jan 2015

1 legged Masamune-kun confirmed!
Feb 23, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2015
SJ7izm said:

Thinking cringeworthy is a valid criticism is cringeworthy.

Feb 23, 2017 11:21 AM

Apr 2013
Kittens-kun said:
SJ7izm said:

I think it's cringeworthy, so I merely expressed my thoughts. Whatever kind of criticism or review you were seeking in my post was never guaranteed.

If that hurt your feelings, which appears to be the case, I don't know what to tell you aside from "Get over it."
Feb 23, 2017 11:37 AM
Aug 2010
SJ7izm said:
Kittens-kun said:

I think it's cringeworthy, so I merely expressed my thoughts. Whatever kind of criticism or review you were seeking in my post was never guaranteed.

If that hurt your feelings, which appears to be the case, I don't know what to tell you aside from "Get over it."

Your comment is 2cringy4me.
Feb 23, 2017 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
The OST was fantastic this episode. This anime is getting better and better by episode :O
Feb 23, 2017 11:49 AM

Jan 2017
All the people comparing this to Nisekoi...
, and a girl got rejected!
This anime is escalating so much quicker then Nisekoi did.

Feb 23, 2017 11:53 AM

Mar 2016
So no pantsu neko made her move.
I read the manga, but was neko really into S&M ? Lol i forgot
Feb 23, 2017 12:11 PM

May 2012
Masamune is so dumb. I can't believe he went to her apartment and tried to look for the picture instead of confronting her about it.

champdude17 said:

She lied about everything so far about her and he doesn't even know from where she knows him...she even stole his picture in his room. Why would he trust her?
I despise woke people.
Feb 23, 2017 12:12 PM

Sep 2015
Well i know they will add something so they can end this episode there but why fanservice ?

Shaboogle said:
All the people comparing this to Nisekoi...
, and a girl got rejected!
This anime is escalating so much quicker then Nisekoi did.

Lots of people said that (and me too) becuase this is what will happen if they never milk Nisekoi like crazy
a "better" version of Nisekoi
Into the Internet!
Feb 23, 2017 12:16 PM

May 2015
Neko, just die. Please.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 23, 2017 12:16 PM

Sep 2013
Poor Neko even thou I have no idea what they meant about her being not serious :'(
Feb 23, 2017 12:30 PM

Oct 2011
That was a great rollercoaster of emotions and thought interpretations. Fantastic episode!

Feb 23, 2017 12:30 PM
Mar 2016
Oh Murasume, you fool, you're sooooo full of getting back at Aki, that you never noticed that a perfect revenge is already in front of you and you dump her.

No swimsuit rating here, since I don't get to see Yoshino's overall bikini service.

AND WOULD SOMEBODY TELL, ME IF SHURI KOJUUROU IS A GUY OR A GIRL CROSS-DRESSES AS A GUY??????!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 23, 2017 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far
Feb 23, 2017 1:29 PM
Sep 2016
Honestly at this point I'm a bit sad because I think that there's no way in hell that Masamune is able to reject Aki once she falls in love with him.

I liked a lot this episode.

Also, we knew from the start that Neko couldn't get into a relationship given what her bodyguard told her when she got introduced, I think that's also why she felt even more hurt because while at first she wanted to play a bit (I'm not quite sure and am only assuming since she seemed to be doing so), in the end she did truly fall in love with him.

In a way, this too reminds me of a better Nisekoi, but I must add that Masamune is 20 times a better MC than Raku.

Neko and Marika are so close as well, even personality wise at this point.
Feb 23, 2017 1:30 PM

Dec 2013
Kojuurou Shuri is the best girl.

Pls win Kojuurou.

I know its a guy. I still think he's best girl.

Kappa.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Feb 23, 2017 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Dude Masamune, forget stupid fucking Aki god damn dude, this revenge has gone too far. Neko and him have a lot in common with trying to hide their true selves and she accepts him for who he is. He missed an opportunity of a life time, this guy is a fucking idiot. I didn't really pick up that she was faking her love for him, but the bedroom scene was interesting nonetheless. I thought he was going to stop pursuing his revenge for a second, but nope... fuck this guy.

I'm glad they kissed though, I did not see that coming.

EDIT: I will say that I give props to Masmune for not being indecisive like most MCs in these type of shows are, but I think he's blinded by his revenge and his methods for some things makes me wonder what the hell he's thinking. He's frustrating, but I'd rather have him than the usual indecisive MC.
LoomyTheBrewFeb 23, 2017 1:39 PM
Feb 23, 2017 1:31 PM

May 2015
SJ7izm said:
Kittens-kun said:

Cringeworthy is a dumb buzzword used by those that can't find an actual argument.

Feb 23, 2017 1:31 PM

Sep 2016
I think that the past from neko is with an other guy that have the same name with masamune and she mistaken him with the guy from the opening, who stands face to face to masamune. And Adagaki loves the old fat Masamune and because she broke his heart she dont wanna get relationship. She just longs to masamune. If she will find out dat masamune ist dat masamune from past she will love him more than before.
Feb 23, 2017 1:46 PM

Feb 2014
Damn. I wasn't expecting Neko to go for a direct kiss on Masamune. Despite that though, he inevitably rejected her. While it was playing on Masamune's mind as he left, Neko obviously didn't take it well.

So for her to run away without taking her necessary medication with her is certainly worrying. Because of that, Masamune has to come clean with Shidou and the others about what happened between him and Neko and his reasons for rejecting her so he can continue his revenge plan on Adagaki.

Hopefully the others won't be so harsh on him for his actions. He never had any romantic feelings for Neko, so rejecting her would be the better choice than a one-sided relationship and he would never have predicted that she would run away because of his actions. In the end, finding Neko should be a top priority, so I do hope she's alright...

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode a lot. The drama was handled pretty well and the show has me wanting the next episode to come out ASAP! >_<
Feb 23, 2017 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
man needs 2 hurry up and get with aki then dump her so he can end up with neko or yoshino
Feb 23, 2017 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
I don't think that Neko is a bad character (or she wants only to have a fun). Especially after the scene when she was lying on her bed after Masumune left. Don't really understand why Masumune thinks that she is not serious.
Anyway, I would be glad if he forget about revenge and generally about Adagaki, and end up with Neko.
Personally I found Adagaki really annoying, I hate a 'princess' personality.
rsc-plFeb 23, 2017 1:58 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 23, 2017 1:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A kiss and we're only at episode 8? Impressive! I thought Neko was just going to be another Tachibana-lite cockblock character, but there might be something more here than at first expected.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 23, 2017 2:07 PM

Oct 2016
Kittens-kun said:
SJ7izm said:

Cringeworthy is a dumb buzzword used by those that can't find an actual argument.
I don'think the drama is cringe. Yeah that isn't really an argument. The drama is perfect. too much drama is shit. I like this show. I am sure the drama is going to build up, it's called pacing. Let us not forget that this is somewhat of a comedy. The background music for the drama sequence may be considered laughable but not to the point of cringe.
Yuki_NonakaFeb 23, 2017 2:14 PM
Feb 23, 2017 2:09 PM

Nov 2013
begija said:

1 legged Masamune-kun confirmed!

i'm sure you're trolling, but this comment made me laugh lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 23, 2017 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like there's gonna be some major cuckolding going on at some point after this...
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 23, 2017 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
Kittens-kun said:
SJ7izm said:

I don't see how you reached that conclusion.

It doesn't really matter, though. If you want to continue being upset over the random connotation you're applying to the term, then, by all means...cry me a river.
Feb 23, 2017 2:52 PM

May 2015
Damn, that was for me an unexpected plot twist at the end... So, that wasn’t ketchup it was real(?)… and she really was in love with MC!? ( '︵' ) I ‘m glad we got character development for Neko albeit it was indirectly but we got to know her more. I hope she is going to be ok in the near future.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.