Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2017 5:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite an interesting episode. Personally, I think this gave a much better insight about Tanya since it also shows a more realistic side of the show with the real life setting of his former character.

Plus, Tanya's dramatic change in life from a salaryman to a military loli fighter is quite noticeable after he was reincarnated.
The action was alright, we got to see more of Tanya's talent. What a badass.
Jan 13, 2017 6:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Glad to see that some of you were right when you said that we would get the backstory/the previous chapters in this ep =o
Jan 13, 2017 6:39 AM

Apr 2013
Tokoya said:
Glad to see that some of you were right when you said that we would get the backstory/the previous chapters in this ep =o

this was an official info provided 5-6 days ago :).
Jan 13, 2017 6:50 AM
Jan 2016
Quite a bit they have to cram into the prologue episodes, but I didn't expect we wouldn't hear the ending song this week.

Glad to finally hear Tanya's inner monologue though, her character isn't as interesting without it.
Jan 13, 2017 7:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Zefyris said:
Tokoya said:

this was an official info provided 5-6 days ago :).
Lol, that's good to know xD
Jan 13, 2017 8:04 AM

May 2012
Great ending to the episode lol

Jan 13, 2017 8:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So yeah, they really should have started Youjo Senki with this episode instead. That was way more interesting that i thought it would be. The opening sequence was baller.
Jan 13, 2017 8:09 AM

Jan 2014
Nnnnnnn.

Still not feeling it.

I'm sure this is fantastic as a novel, but the way it's paced here is... of questionable quality.

Okay, that opening scene was good but everything else from the title felt pretty rushed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 8:20 AM

Jan 2015
Tanya-chan, you're so cute in that uniform. >_<
Silly me. I really thought that very-modern life and environment is the wrong anime. Until the "time" stop and "God" appear right before him. And then comes the episode Title. *sigh*
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 13, 2017 8:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
LMFAOOOOOOOO That look that Tanya had on her face at the end when they dressed her up screamed "KILL ME NOW" LOLOLOLOLOL

Man her character is so interesting, funny and straight up badass....I read most of the prologue so most of this episode was familiar to me and I liked how they adapted the 2013 parts leading up to where this episode ended

The action scenes weren't as prevalent in this episode but everything Tanya does is badass so I was quite entertained....And it's ironic how Tanya the SAVAGE wanted an easy life in the military only for that plan to go to shit xD
Jan 13, 2017 8:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Would probably have made more sense to put this episode first instead but ehh I guess this works too. My opinion remains though: I doubt this'll ever get particularly amazing in terms of writing but as a popcorn show it seems pretty decent. A hell of a lot more interesting than Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress was at doing the same thing if nothing else
Jan 13, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2015
OVERLORD easter egg :)

Jan 13, 2017 8:28 AM

Jan 2015
Oooooh man, this shit is crazy
Jan 13, 2017 8:43 AM

Apr 2014
We finally learn about Tanya's backstory

Loli commander

Jan 13, 2017 8:51 AM

Aug 2012
I thought I'm watching wrong anime in the first 5minutes, didn't expect there is a reincarnation twist on this one.
Jan 13, 2017 8:53 AM

Jan 2015
ExxBlack said:

That reference was so awesome. Pretty exciting to see my favorite anime as a poster there heh. I wonder why they put it there tho. There gotta be a reason... Is this is like a compassion to Ainz? or the anime itself. Interesting....
Jan 13, 2017 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
Yaiiiy, the "caught you" scene Y.Aoi version, finally. I actually enjoyed a lot the sound drama version as well of that line btw.

The episode was done quite differently from the novel once again, lots of scene have little to do with their original version of the same scenes. But that's interesting. A bit... unbelievable at times, but entertaining. Also the post ending scene was hilarious x).

Hirugiku said:
ExxBlack said:

That reference was so awesome. Pretty exciting to see my favorite anime as a poster there heh. I wonder why they put it there tho. There gotta be a reason... Is this is like a compassion to Ainz? or the anime itself. Interesting....

Same editor for Youjo Senki and Overlord, simply :).
Jan 13, 2017 8:59 AM

Dec 2015
This was crazy, I myself was laughing when she was saying "maggots" to those soldiers, with her voice no wonder they couldn't take her seriously. Tanya is a psycho and I love her xD she deserved that medal.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 13, 2017 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
Really badass fight (and I liked that it wasn't too unrealistic with plot armor like having her beat the whole group of enemies or anything, just 4 confirmed/2 unconfirmed kills while taking serious injury makes more sense), and it was really interesting to see the backstory this episode. I'm wondering when she started the whole "praying to god" thing and for what reason. The ending was really funny, her having to dress up like that.
Jan 13, 2017 9:07 AM

Jan 2015
@Zefyris Ah really that's it T_T And here I was thinking way into it :D
Jan 13, 2017 9:18 AM

Jul 2014
Why wasn't this the first episode? It would have worked much better, in terms of both setting up the story and being interesting, than last week's episode did. In any case, this does seem slightly more promising than I first thought, so here's hoping that continues.
Jan 13, 2017 9:18 AM

Mar 2015
It bothers me greatly that there still was no proper opening.
Jan 13, 2017 9:25 AM
Jan 2013
I don't know whether I like this metaphysical origin story. It kinda reminds me Dr. Who or Marvel comics. In which there is one superior being that governs all multiverse.

Though I am kinda shocked that they presented a ruthless salaryman as a villain xD
I have thought japan idolise people who believes that work, progress, money and position are above else. In most anime I have seen it's the psychotic worker that is presented as villain xD
Jan 13, 2017 9:27 AM

Jan 2015
-Sci said:
I thought I'm watching wrong anime in the first 5minutes, didn't expect there is a reincarnation twist on this one.

LOOL that's exactly what I thought. Even though i'm familiar with an original material.It still felt out of place, why not just show this in ep 1 T_T
It was a great episode anyway. I like how the beginning shows just how a lot of people are right now lol. We are not living in "dire situations" right now so there is no use for us to believe in God and we just logically assume there is no God...

To all people who are got captivated by Tanya and this anime now.
Jan 13, 2017 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, Liked it a lot and probably even more than the first episode.

The opening sequence with MC talking to Being X was awesome, A very interesting conversation that gives a lot of insight into his character.

Tanya training those soldiers was hilarious. xD

Her first army mission was great, Funny how she got promoted right in the middle of battle. "Damn You, Being X" XD
Action was great just like last episode, I hope the quality lasts. The 'Caught You' scene in particular was pure awesome.

Post credit scene was hilarious. xD
Jan 13, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2015
Good pacing. Finally some of the background info already mentioned in the description here on MAL. And I like how they did it. Would have been boring if they showed this in 1st episode already. And now we also know where Rerugen knew her from.

I like the music. Let's see if there is some deeper plot later with Tanya and the god. And plot about the war within that world and maybe some other interesting chars.

Edit: And I liked those "or so I thought" moments. And the scene with the god stopping time and using the people to talk. Main char is interesting. Usually you have guys that want to go to war in order to conquer the world or to protect something. (S)he just wants to profit for his own benefit. Interesting to have a pure opportunist char.

I guess he shouldn't fear too much about being sent to the front lines. He is strong and they probably wouldn't send him to suicide missions now that they gave him a medal and advertised him as hero. (Would be bad for the moral of the troops if they lost their hero.)
LuthandoriusJan 13, 2017 9:40 AM
Jan 13, 2017 9:37 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty sick!
Why hate her? This anime is really good

Jan 13, 2017 9:38 AM

Nov 2015
So we got a backstory. I remember reading this in the novel. Tanya is cute.

Jan 13, 2017 9:49 AM

Jun 2013
CONFIRMED HERE FIRST
Jan 13, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
OH I really liked the "Being X" Scene.
it was obvious this would be the back story episode. And now we have the insight to Tanya's character. This is the one anime I'm REALLY looking forward to this season!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 13, 2017 9:52 AM

Dec 2016
Lmao this anime is absolutely ridiculous, I love it.
Jan 13, 2017 9:57 AM
Apr 2016
My initial outlook at the series was quite correct with how sick stupid salaryman girl is on a road to salvation. Since they outright confirmed it to be another world rather than alternative history I guess I can not really hate the setting. Well then...
DEUS VUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULT!
Re:formed
Jan 13, 2017 9:57 AM

Dec 2013
So God want to test him by putting him in a"dire straits" to saw if his faith will awaken because in his first life he thought human don't need Fatih in God because of science and only weak Cling to Fatih, really interesting philosophy. Actually that is some how right most human remember good when they have problems.and the first group of people that started believing in God were the poor .
And some other think If there is a god why would him leave us suffer like this, or think that God something we invented to let us feel better about our self and have hope that even if we didn't succeed in this life there is another life iwaiting for us.

His new personality as Tanya is really twisted mad Character that only care about her self, how anyone can't love her, and that last look when she was taking a photo was Priceless
Actually being a salesman in her old life helped her to sell her self good, she knew how to go out of the battlefield as a hero but sadly that made her more famous and now she have to fight even more in the frontline as we saw in the first episode.

AlhakamJan 13, 2017 2:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 10:03 AM

Jun 2015
I was a bit confused watching this episode. I thought I was watching something else, but it made sense later in the episode. The way Tanya acts makes sense now. The action scene was pretty cool. The way she talks to the soldiers is great. The after credit scene was hilarious.
Jan 13, 2017 10:06 AM

May 2009
Atavistic said:
Why wasn't this the first episode? It would have worked much better, in terms of both setting up the story and being interesting, than last week's episode did. In any case, this does seem slightly more promising than I first thought, so here's hoping that continues.

Because the first episode is more eye-catchy and the military setting is way more present being into the battlefield already. Also, you won't have ppl complaining right at the beginning with a "beeh again an isekai story blablabla" if they didn't read any synopsis. Plus, the first episode serves to introduce elements you will link with the second one. (Like how she has a big and round jewel, the encounter with her future caporal and so on).
Considering the LN appeared in the top Oricon of last week's LN, it was definitively not a bad choice.
Jan 13, 2017 10:06 AM

Apr 2012
Some people are saying that this should have been the first episode. I disagree having a cold opening that leaves you wanting more is better then having the story start with a flash back.
The firs episode introduced us to the world and an unusual character at odds with her appearance, wile the second episode gives us the backstory and an explanation of her personality.

Also why did so many people spoil the reveal last week. I thought this was supposed to be an anime only forum.
Jan 13, 2017 10:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Adviel said:
Some people are saying that this should have been the first episode. I disagree having a cold opening that leaves you wanting more is better then having the story start with a flash back.
The firs episode introduced us to the world and an unusual character at odds with her appearance, wile the second episode gives us the backstory and an explanation of her personality.

Also why did so many people spoil the reveal last week. I thought this was supposed to be an anime only forum.

Cause it's literally the synopsis of the show.
Jan 13, 2017 10:14 AM

May 2016
Fantastic episode.
Jan 13, 2017 10:18 AM

Mar 2011
Toddler Tanya was sooo cute!
Well, given the situation, it's why Tanya had to become like this, in order to survive.
This is the exact moment Tanya lost all her dignity and you can hear her soul screaming.

Also: loli capturing a man at very high speed
Jan 13, 2017 10:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
For years I've despaired when anime shows have some child behaving like an adult and with talents that exceed those of one.

This story managed to give a me a compelling reason why the loli is and behaves the way she does. Well done. Much more interesting than I expected.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 13, 2017 10:30 AM

Jun 2016
At last, this is the moment I've been waiting for...

The Prologue.. i thought this would be forgotten and they also reminds to it to keep the the story balance
I've remember this while reading in the novel before she became the Devil of Rhine
hmmm.. Visha is still a butterface.. but she has a nice bodyyyy (like what i've seen in ep 1)

Tanya in a dress.... Aren't she adorable xD!!
Jan 13, 2017 10:38 AM
Apr 2015
their mouths are so fucking big thats all i could think the whole time
their mouths are black holes that stretch and expand into the whole face these big fucking mouths
Jan 13, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2016
Great episode ^^. One of the crazy yet powerful lolis I've seen myself >.>
Jan 13, 2017 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
Now that it filled the missing information from the previous episode i think it is one of the best animes this season imo <3 (^_^)
Jan 13, 2017 10:50 AM

Aug 2016
Episode 1 was awesome, episode 2 will probably be bad...

Or so I thought...

THIS ANIME IS AMAZING, SO GOOD!
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 13, 2017 10:53 AM

Apr 2016
Great second episode, nice to see Tanya's origins.
Jan 13, 2017 10:53 AM

Mar 2016
Is it just me or is Tanya even more frightening when she's all dolled up like that lol

I kinda wish they started with this episode instead but I guess they needed to sell it since it's a brand new studio and all. I felt the animation took a bit of hit in this episode but that fight was still freaking awesome. Still I wonder how she came to be the the righteous god and country girl we see in episode one since by the end of this she seems to have quite a bit of animosity towards the being that turned her into badass loli in the first place.
Jan 13, 2017 11:00 AM

May 2009
Elso said:
Still I wonder how she came to be the the righteous god and country girl we see in episode one since by the end of this she seems to have quite a bit of animosity towards the being that turned her into badass loli in the first place.

I don't think (s)he became a " righteous god girl" at all, most likely it's a way to use some magic (I guess?) which is deliberately against his "morals" (not sure we can say (s)he has morals xD). Well, maybe we will know that later.
About the "country girl", (s)he is a man (loli?) that always want to be promoted anyway.
Jan 13, 2017 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
Atheist japanese salary man reincarnated as a german girl XD
Tanya wants to live a quiet life but god won't let her, graduation mision takes a bad turn and she survived somehow but now she's an ace :O

The action was nice, tanya was lucky they weren't that good.

Jan 13, 2017 11:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Adviel said:
I feel the same way...Couldn't agree with you more
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
Yesterday, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.