Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Apr 30, 2019 11:47 PM

Jul 2016
Started watching it because of Isekai Quartet, and dang, why did I ignore it before?
It's great, I feel I'll like it.
Jun 2, 2019 12:38 PM

Apr 2018
I'm only watching this because of Isekai Quartet. I haven't heard anything about this series and I don't know why. This series looks interesting. An isekai that looks actually decent.
Jun 7, 2019 4:25 PM

Jun 2009
japan and their nazi obsession...

this show is probably going to test my patience.
Jun 8, 2019 12:12 AM

Apr 2013
Tyestor said:
japan and their nazi obsession...

this show is probably going to test my patience.
Seems like it already tested your shallow knowledge of History. Those uniforms and tactics are ww1 , not ww2. There's no nazi in ww1 at all.
Jul 4, 2019 7:04 PM

Apr 2009
Germany before the Nazis with mage soldiers everywhere...and a supposedly evil loli soldier, this ought to be interesting to say the least!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 7, 2019 7:42 PM
Jun 2013
not a bad start and yea this chick is a psychopath. I already know the little twist to this show and I must say this is a good way to thrown people off once the other episodes start.
Sep 7, 2019 7:45 PM

Apr 2014
Apperantly they start this In Medias Res. After reading volume one of the novel and pretty much a number of manga chapters, the anime start this in a rather weird way. They show Tanya and how she is competent but malicious towards any other people. Seeing others simply as a pawn towards her means. They haven't show how she reincarnated and how she got that medal yet
Sep 17, 2019 12:18 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Rewatching this as preparation for the Movie, and first impressions of the two instances are fairly alike iirc.

Tanya’s Opness plus her strict code of conduct, a handful of that in this first episode and quite frankly it’s amazing! She literally just took out a whole Squadron by herself, jeez. Got to appreciate the details put behind the military get-up, a little haphazard on the magic part though but I’m sure we’ll see more of that later.

Final moments with the two events coinciding followed by that smirk was dope, she sure is a Devil of sorts. Just a couple of months and already climbing the ranks, way to go Platoon Commander!

Major spoilers for the following episodes down below so please keep away if you haven’t completed the season yet.

_MushiRock11_Sep 17, 2019 12:24 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 22, 2019 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
I am sold. Very based show.

Nov 26, 2019 1:23 PM

Sep 2016
Weird eyes and only for females, wut, lol.

Also, the cannons in the first scene didn't recoil after shooting. That's not how a cannon works, xD
bruh
Dec 3, 2019 4:54 PM

Oct 2013
What an adorable and original anime with beautiful visuals! :) I really enjoyed the first episode and I'm looking forward to seeing next eps.

By the way, that trench warfare and charge from the beginning, not to forget about artillery support, were really well made and historically correct, at least from military history's point if view and of course until the moment in which mages actively joined the battlefield. ;p
Dec 9, 2019 6:52 AM
Aug 2017
Late to the party as I never managed to start watching this show before now, but really... Are you sure that Visha isn't actually a moomin in disguise?

Rather, she looks like the bastard child of a moomin and a general cute-style anime girl. To be honest, I don't feel like there can be any other explanation, her father must be a pure-blooded moomin. No human could ever have a face like hers. If her character setting race was "humanoid slime" I might be able to accept it though. Sadly it's just bad art at work as she looked quite good in the LN, in which she had an appearance that fit her character and role. Tsk.

Also, what's up with the duck lips? It really turns me off from watching this anime, it completely kills any potential seriousness, especially since the male side looks kinda normal. They look like teenagers from 10+ years ago on facebook, it makes me feel a bit queasy.

Last of all, just how badly does the original need to be butchered before they're happy? Compare the awesome LN illustrations to the anime, not only does she look WAY more badass in the light novel and you actually feel her craziness and she looks like a normal human being(you know, as normal as an anime girl can be without going into a completely different art style), but visha is just another character altogether, there is literally and I really mean LITERALLY no resemblance whatsoever between them. NONE. They're not the same character. Imagine taking alucard from hellsing and turning his appearance into that glittery vampire from twilight, that's pretty much the same change. Can't take that crap seriously anymore when there are sparkles all around him and he looks like a teenage twerp.

Still going to give it a chance, but I really wish I had come further in my japanese studies right now. I can't read that many kanji yet so I have to avoid things like novels which has no furigana. I bet the original novel is quite good, interesting and perhaps even thrilling, at least the art makes it look that way and the setting leaves much expectation, but the anime seems to have butchered the entire thing completely. I wonder why it got so much hype because it's really not that good. Art style is a big thing in any remotely serious work, just like you wouldn't enjoy playing a 30 year old rpg nearly as much as today's 4k resolution great-looking games that can make you feel immersed into the game world with the awesome graphics, immersive sound and great controls/game mechanics.

Also, I absolutely despise when adaptations butcher the original work. Don't make an adapatation if you're going to change major parts. Then it feels more like a parody than an actual adaptation which should aim to be truthful to the original, at least on the important parts.
SeregosaDec 9, 2019 7:05 AM
Feb 4, 2020 5:34 PM

Mar 2010
OP crazy Loli taking us to the promised land bois

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 31, 2020 7:40 AM

Mar 2020
Demonic loli ftw.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 12, 2020 10:32 PM

Aug 2019
oooow love me a militaristic anime, especially ww1/2 era combat. This anime is already ticking off all the boxes, military combat, gruesome casualty of war, absolutely amazing SFX of artillery and gun shots. I mean all the rest like mages, magic, evil loli girl i guess is all a plus thanks to the world of anime.
Got to say loving how we are brought into a (scarily) accurate world that resembles ours with almost identical land marks, and are also shown a scarily accurate world war to ones we've had. Also like how we probably going to get a lot of perspective from (what looks to be) the German resembling side, can't wait to watch more.
Haven't been this hyped to watch a military style anime like this one since Gate lol
Dec 3, 2020 6:14 PM

May 2020
Tanya really is the devil
Mar 14, 2021 8:09 AM

Apr 2013
I'm only watching this because I wanna start Isekai Quartet and she's one of the characters. So this is like an alternative world in which Germany is the defender instead of the aggressor in WW1? Including flying loli mages of course, else it would be too "normal" for anime. First episode was quite epic though, even though the setting isn't really what I enjoy watching.
Mar 16, 2021 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
The animation is really good, but I also want to know if the plot is so.
By the way, Serebryakova eyes really agonized me ~_~
Apr 29, 2021 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
Re-watching
She's just a kid. But she's already that good, mwuehehe

Also, woah I forgot how detailed this anime is. The clouds, the grass, the ground, the building, EVERY SINGLE THING in this anime is detailed. So beautiful!
May 18, 2021 9:43 AM

Nov 2017
I remember watching this in the anime club I was in at the time. I don't know why I haven't continued 'cause after watching this episode again, it has piqued my interest in what's to unfold and the main character (Tanya)
Jun 21, 2021 10:14 AM

May 2018
A middle aged normie reincarnates as a Mary Sue infant who got incredible wits and immeasurable superpowers. Yawn.
Just look at all those edgy evil grimaces, it's so dumb it hurts. That last frame of Tanya's evil face made me burst in laugh. What a tryhard show.

Jun 22, 2021 4:11 AM

Jan 2021
She's so cool~ as the title says, Tanya is indeed the evil. Although I wish she could be more evil than this...

I like it when she "prays" first before killing the enemies lol.

Aug 19, 2021 1:21 AM
Aug 2021
Okay I can't figure it out how do I watch this and don't say tonight coming is cringy
Oct 14, 2021 10:25 AM
Nov 2020
Don't think she is loli,
She is tanya the devil.
Jan 15, 2022 4:06 AM

May 2020
Well this was an abrupt start, abrupt in a way that will get you interested right from the get go. Also already liking Tanya's character.

That devilish smug she had in the end though...
May 23, 2022 6:22 PM
May 2022
This will be the first big test to see if the studio founded by one of Madhouse's ex co-founder and the staff that followed him into this project can make a name of themselves.

Personally I look positively into this as Takuya Tsunoki was one of the pillars of old Madhouse and one of many personalities that breathed life into many series. So far this start has me quite optimistic about it.
Okay agree
Oct 6, 2022 6:10 AM

Dec 2016
SeasonLeaves said:
Apperantly they start this In Medias Res. After reading volume one of the novel and pretty much a number of manga chapters, the anime start this in a rather weird way. They show Tanya and how she is competent but malicious towards any other people. Seeing others simply as a pawn towards her means. They haven't show how she reincarnated and how she got that medal yet

Something felt off for me the entire episode, but it makes sense that this isn't the true start to the story. I can't say I'm a fan of being tossed into a world I know nothing about, filled with people I know nothing about, doing things I don't know nothing about for reasons I don't know about and being expected to understand, remember, and care about all these details being tossed my way. Of course, I'm sure this is all much better when you re-watch it, knowing who everyone is with a better idea of what's going on.

Nemo_Niemand said:
A middle aged normie reincarnates as a Mary Sue infant who got incredible wits and immeasurable superpowers. Yawn.
Just look at all those edgy evil grimaces, it's so dumb it hurts. That last frame of Tanya's evil face made me burst in laugh. What a tryhard show.

I agree, it's all pretty silly, this is why I normally avoid watching isekai. I don't know why I decided to watch this honestly, but I'm going to stick with it for now.
Nov 8, 2022 10:30 PM
Apr 2022
Pulled me in from the start, a great first episode.
Dec 14, 2022 1:38 AM

Dec 2021
I guess no one disrespects the lieutenant and gets away with it, that was cold :o
Jan 8, 2023 11:58 PM
Oct 2022
I think hmmm nevermind
But i love it this episode
May 14, 2023 8:23 AM
Mar 2023
Très agréablement surpris
Jun 8, 2023 3:34 AM
Nov 2022
overall not bad. I love history so there are aspects I really enjoyed, HOWEVER the magic aspect kills it for me.
Jun 19, 2023 4:30 AM

Apr 2020
I laughed at the "no room for negotiation" and "save us from the invaders" girl you are the invader, Germany is the one that attacked the other countries
Seems like the Japanese mentality hasn’t changed since ww2
At least it isn’t as bad as when they try to portray Nazis as good people in animes bruh
I don't know how signatures work

Jun 19, 2023 4:31 AM

Apr 2020
Mangolei said:
This will be the first big test to see if the studio founded by one of Madhouse's ex co-founder and the staff that followed him into this project can make a name of themselves.

Personally I look positively into this as Takuya Tsunoki was one of the pillars of old Madhouse and one of many personalities that breathed life into many series. So far this start has me quite optimistic about it.
Okay agree

Did you just copy paste one of the first comment from 2017.. are you a bot

Jun 20, 2023 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
EstebanOD said:
I laughed at the "no room for negotiation" and "save us from the invaders" girl you are the invader, Germany is the one that attacked the other countries
At least it isn’t as bad as when they try to portray Nazis as good people in animes bruh

that's incorrect, in that specific world, not-germany wasn't the one to attack, they got attacked instead (first by the Nordic alliance by an idiotic mistake from their government, and then the not-French entered war as part of an alliance with said Nordic alliance). As the map shows, She was currently fighting near the Rhine, on the German side of it, as not-France were pushing them. The generals clearly talk about retreating the line during this episode as well, going further inside Germany.
Also, just to be clear, there is not a single Nazi in this anime, this isn't the 3rd reich nor is it their WW2, it's their WW1.
Jun 20, 2023 1:44 PM

Apr 2020
Zefyris said:
EstebanOD said:

that's incorrect, in that specific world, not-germany wasn't the one to attack, they got attacked instead (first by the Nordic alliance by an idiotic mistake from their government, and then the not-French entered war as part of an alliance with said Nordic alliance). As the map shows, She was currently fighting near the Rhine, on the German side of it, as not-France were pushing them. The generals clearly talk about retreating the line during this episode as well, going further inside Germany.
Also, just to be clear, there is not a single Nazi in this anime, this isn't the 3rd reich nor is it their WW2, it's their WW1.
"in that specific world" then no it's not incorrect you just struggle with reading, cause I clearly wrote 'Germany' hence I'm speaking about real life situations, in which case it means that yes Japanese people are trying to rewrite history. Also, just to be clear, I haven't said at all that this was WW2.

Jun 20, 2023 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
EstebanOD said:
Zefyris said:

"in that specific world" then no it's not incorrect you just struggle with reading, cause I clearly wrote 'Germany' hence I'm speaking about real life situations, in which case it means that yes Japanese people are trying to rewrite history. Also, just to be clear, I haven't said at all that this was WW2.

This war is literally happening starting in 1924 instead of 1914, the nordic countries are completely different from our world, and they've got MAGIC. How is the war going differently "rewriting history"? This doesn't make any sense...
Jul 15, 2023 12:29 PM
Jul 2015
This girl is COLD BLOODED! I like it.
Aug 12, 2023 1:56 PM
Aug 2023
insane. just insane
Aug 26, 2023 1:02 AM

Apr 2020
That dude with glasses I'm sure I've seen that character design a million times already. 

Exciting start tho. Little girl is coldblooded as hell
Aug 30, 2023 7:15 PM
Aug 2023
incrivel quero mais desse anime
Oct 10, 2023 11:37 PM
Aug 2023
This anime was on my watch-list for so long now. I mean the first episode was amazing, however, Tanya is sort of... too perfect for me which made even the very first episode sort of boring for me since I was able to assume what's gonna happen. I just hope that the animation is going to stay perfect but her personality should just... be less perfect if that makes sense.

Perfect as in: perfect in her job, perfect in being cute, perfect in being evil
Nov 9, 2023 5:03 AM

Nov 2023
Kinda, eh, The only props I can give last scene was kind of cool but didn't really land
Nov 29, 2023 8:58 AM
Jan 2023
i like this episorde, but not great thing
Dec 15, 2023 8:00 AM

Nov 2023
Well damn, what an encounter with a supreme being. He then got reincarnated as a female baby in a country that's currently in high tensions of coming into war. It seems to be a really highly militarized country too.
Feb 10, 8:51 PM

Dec 2022
Not bad. Some of the sound and animation is a bit hit or miss, but the concept is cool. The characters are kind of funny looking at times but I don't think it'll be too distracting. Overall, I liked it.
Feb 18, 12:15 AM

Nov 2023
Man, I'm so hyped after watching this episode. I'm a sucker for alternate history, so I'm excited to see where this goes.

Overall, I think this was a fun episode, though the character designs are throwing me into a loop because they do look a bit strange.
Apr 8, 9:09 AM
Oct 2017
I felt this was rather a bit dumb and on the nose, they were really really tried to show you how of a "badass" Tanya is but without knowing jer character it is just standard Mary sue stuff for me. Hmm, and reading the comments it seems it deviates a lot from the novel, so there might be something to enjoy for me there, I have learned the value of adaptations since otherwise for me giving a voice and faces to the characters is very hard.

I don't think I will continue the anime, but I might continue with the novel, although I might as well read something else since my reading schedule is a bit tight as right now.
Apr 24, 11:41 PM
Jun 2022
Dropped Already At Episode 1 , Back Again To Give It A Couple More Episodes.

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
Yesterday, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.