Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Dec 2, 2017 6:58 AM

Sep 2015
Animation of the show was good loved the world they built nice action scenes and decently good comedy sprinkled in. However, the overall execution of the plot was everywhere it felt I don't wanna say rushed but the pacing was too quick. They didn't world build well as there were many things that went unexplained or just felt thrown in. I still enjoyed the show I would give it a seven out of ten. Time to watch season two.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 7, 2018 5:24 AM
Nov 2015
So lemme get this straight(someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong):

>The Watchman said Will shall be returned to Mary if she grabbed Leo by the (eye)balls
>Mary desperately wants Will back(evident from almost an entire flashback episode) so she agrees to sacrifice Leo for her brother back
>Watchman uses Leo but fucks up the final barrier, which is actually Mary herself
>Leo ain't even mad at Mary, he comes back and takes the Watchman down
>Will is back, but now Mary is gone as she becomes the new barrier

WTF we are reaching Warhammar 40k levels of grimdark here!! MC asks a girl out and the next thing you know, all reality breaks loose (literally).

Anyway, the last few eps aside, this has been a great ride. Libra as a whole kept the show alive with both combat and hilarious scenes, just like they keep the balance of the world in check. Even if Leo wasn't a powerful character, he earned the respect of his peers and even random strangers (like Mushroom-Head some time back). The retro soundtracks are also great, giving a Fallout/Bioshock feel to the atmosphere.

Will check out Season 2 soon.
Feb 15, 2018 3:36 PM
Jun 2013
not to bad of an ending with all the explosions and zombies. Though I dont know how leo transported white to where they were. I guess it as eye powers. Also funny how the unusual thing of a lead character actually going for the girl early was rewarded with her death. The whole last scene was also kind of a FU to white since it made it seem she died for nothing. That aside I enjoyed the show and its cast of characters. I get the reason they got rid of white was cause she was filler.
Mar 6, 2018 10:35 PM

Sep 2013
Wow...what a shit finale. Such a long, boring, tedious, drawn-out, mess of an ending. Ugh.

5/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 14, 2018 9:52 AM
Jul 2017
The build up was fucking great but the fucking ending is soooo anticlimatic fuckin hell I thought he was going to awaken or some shit, its like the reason I hated fairytail because of that nakama Bullshit, I mean I need to see them fight like fuck what a pussy 4/10

Edit: Finally knew why I hated this episode, I just hated black and white's spoiled attitude, and I also hated his king of despair chunni-esque bullshit that was dragged throughout the last 3 episodes. also my bladder was about to burst so I was pretty distracted while watching is shitshow of an episode, the first 8 episodes were fucking great though
SucciBoiMar 14, 2018 10:03 AM
Apr 20, 2018 1:33 AM
Mar 2017
Despite having thoroughly enjoyed Kekkai Sensen, I found it very difficult to actively watch and finish the series. I'd say it took me over 4 months to finish the first season alone, which I find quite surprising due to my immediate liking towards the show. I suppose there's just something that has always driven me away from being consistent, but I still can't seem to put my finger on it. With that being said, I did enjoy this finale a lot and it was worth the trudging. Not sure if I'll be watching the continuing season any time soon though.
Oct 6, 2018 3:39 PM
Jun 2016
My heart has been ripped out. Leo=Legend.
Jan 29, 2019 12:58 AM

Nov 2013
Bit of a disappointing ending that left me scratching my head.

Loved the OST, characters, and animation, but I missed the over-the-top silliness from earlier on instead of the overly serious Black and White subplot; it just felt out of place so I have to drop it down a point or two.

7.5/10

Feb 19, 2019 2:44 AM

Mar 2018
Wew finally done. This anime has a great concept and world but it just got ruined by the story (which is practically nonexistent). Fights are not really the impressive either. Characters are meh since they dont get enough focus to get characterized. Kinda enjoyed it but......3/10. Hope S2 has actual plot, proper characterization and character development.
Mar 27, 2019 12:44 AM
Apr 2012
Animation was amazing, but the story really let me down.
Apr 5, 2019 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
Quite flabbergasted as to how much i didn't like this, really surprised i even finished it. 5.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 23, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2018
The final episode is rather confusing but overall a great experience.
Sep 1, 2019 4:16 PM

Jun 2014
What a boring shit.
Nov 27, 2019 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
I still don't get the plot lol but I like the anime

Dec 14, 2019 6:02 AM

Sep 2018
The fact that the episode is longer than usual is not a flaw, but the opposite. The narration as for the previous episode is profound in the dialogues and themes, but also leaves room for amusing situations, which give way to not make the atmosphere too heavy throughout the episode. Excellent drawings, animations and soundtrack. Seeing Leo's sister again is intriguing because of what is shown about her and the ending seems to mean something. Excellent anime series, reviewing it made me appreciate it even more.

My vote is 8.70/10
Mar 20, 2020 11:19 PM

Jan 2014
A fantastic bittersweet finale with a bitter sting of loss but with a sweet kiss of heroism :')

Plus it was 46 minutes a very nice surprise and also kind of needed since some parts were a bit confusing to say the least (of course it wouldn’t be Kekkai Sensen without some confusion XD)! But, seriously seeing Leo being aided by his dear coworker friends (Chain was particularly hilarious XD) on his way to save White was really heart uplifting; he certainly has come a long way since the tragedy and while he may still carry regret for what happened he certainly has grown from it. I also really liked the fact they kept with the theme of different forms of strength and had Leo win the day in his own way instead of getting some last minute power up.

Plus, when Klaus said he was proud of Leo; man I just felt that line delivery; the sense of accomplishment, growth and sacrifice Leo achieved through his determination you did good Leo you did really good.

Leo and White no Mary reuniting was so sweet, adorable and heart tugging because it certainly was great to see them together again seeing each other in a whole new light of understanding. Leo helping Mary to realize that she needed to tell her brother that letting her go for the sake of saving many innocents from a 2nd tragedy would be a life worth living because it is her choice and she would want Will to live and be happy. Thus, by all three of them making a personal sacrifice and setting aside their own desires they prevented another tragedy. Followed by Mary dissipating and the last bit of her spiritual essence materializing as a butterfly planting a kiss on Leo’s lips as she moved on; that really choked me up and hit me where I lived. That final photo of Mary in the end credits was an especially effective touch! Well we thought she was possibly gone once before maybe Leo will see her again one day!

And we exit seeing the true nature of Leo’s sister’s eyes, Leo returning to his work and the creature known as Blank finding a new host! What an excellent gem of an anime I can see why people would either love or hate it since it is different in its storytelling approach and characterization but I am so glad I selected it to check out as part of a monthly anime challenge the team that made this did so with passion, care and heart I will definitely be checking out the sequel down the line since this series was a fantastic ride ^-^

Mar 21, 2020 12:01 PM

Sep 2019
First of all you gotta explain what a God's eye can do? Just saying it can see through everything isn't enough. How did he bring her from somewhere else to where he was? and what was the conversation he did with her? was that a dream of her?

Anyways aside these questions I really enjoyed the show a solid 7/10 from me.
Apr 2, 2020 4:28 AM

Oct 2019
Superb animation, great OP and (some) insert songs choice. Fun show, the story itself never fails to made me question WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? due to lots of random stuff thrown out of nowhere.

Weirdly fun, 7/10.
andrearionaApr 2, 2020 5:01 AM
May 1, 2020 7:51 PM
Dec 2018
Solidly entertaining show overall but this episode was a mess of terrible writing, convoluted scenes, and pointless situations. When I first saw it was 45 min long I was psyched but it turned out 30 of those minutes was just random, meaningless nothing.

I have to assume having the manga background is a requirement for this episode because from an anime only perspective lots of it made no sense. Why was the King of Depravity there with Leo or really anytime? Why did the glasses just fall off? Why do the characters keep saying Leo shouldn't go alone, him agree, and then cheer him on as he runs off alone? Not to mention the drawn out filler scenes. Did we need 5+ seconds of Klaus silently breathing? Or a painfully slow scene of him walking forward?

Overall weirdly inconsistent from the rest of the season and trying way to hard with the forced symbolism and failed attempts at being deep.
May 6, 2020 1:58 PM

Nov 2009
I thought the finale was great but generally the entire show has just been a mess with seemingly no direction and comedy that starts off funny but then they beat any decent gags to death. I really don't know with this one tbh, plenty of flash and a few fun moments but overall feels like a big waste of time.
Jun 6, 2020 6:21 AM

May 2016
What a ride and bitter sweet ending unique and beautiful in the same time.
filled with sadness and joy and crazy family of Libra were really amusing to watch. 9/10
Jul 23, 2020 2:11 AM

Jul 2015
Must have been tough for Leo losing the girl he loves but at least he has made some good friends helping him... oh and Zapp too,
Really liked this season even the anime original parts (White and Black), even though this series had an episodic structure with not much plot progression of the main plot, it was pretty fun to watch each of these crazy events in that crazy city.

Dec 22, 2020 4:19 AM

May 2018
Oh hey the final episode is a double whammey ;)

Nice action. Didn't expect Klaus to lose that easily though

sometimes it was really confusing. I had no clue what was happening in the first half ngl

But it was a nice ending. 6/10
Dec 29, 2020 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
That was epic and just when I was thinking them feels but we all got through it somehow, the barrier got sealed and that's some dank shit right there.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 20, 2021 7:46 PM
Oct 2019
i've lost total interest. i didn't even finish the episode. wow...
May 6, 2021 8:17 PM

May 2018
There's no way Leonardo could've done away with the King of Despair that easily! Isn't he still inside Black/William?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
May 23, 2021 2:35 PM

Apr 2018
a 45 min ending, well done bones!

A nice ending, happy and cheerful.
Sad that White died but we got Black back..
They put a lot of budget in the last episode, amazing work.
This was really good imo, I'm left with a lot of questions but oh well fuck that? xD

Let's go to season 2!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 27, 2021 7:56 AM

May 2016
I don't really know what to feel about this anime's finale but I can certainly say that I really enjoyed the zany action-filled moments that preceded this. Despite the pretty visuals throughout the series, the writing of the central Black&White plotline left so much to be desired that I actually started thinking about how it probably would've been a better idea if the series had retained its episodic format and focused on each individual member of Libra in addition to Leonardo's goal of giving his sister her vision back.

It's still good overall but I was a bit disappointed at the ending. It might be too soon to say that since this has a second season anyway so I'll watch that too eventually so I can say for myself lulz

Jun 5, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2017
So that's the end of the season and I still don't understand about 90% of it at all.

What exactly was the King of Despair? Cause they said he was a vampire but then it was revealed he didn't have a physical form so...?

Did Mary actually die 3 years ago? I get that she was a part of the barrier but she said she'd have died if her parents hadn't done that.

How exactly did Leo save the day? He didn't seem to actually do anything except call out to Mary.

Why exactly did the King of Despair try to cause another collapse? Like I don't understand his motivation
Jun 10, 2021 1:44 PM

May 2020
Wow, what an episode! I pretty much didn't understand what just happened, but I guess I quite enjoyed it.
PokeProXJun 10, 2021 1:52 PM
Aug 29, 2021 1:06 AM

Apr 2020
40 Minutes? Let's goo

Damn, the ending was very good, a bit confusing but I finally understood the ending.

So Marry is one of the "kekkai" of Helsalem Lot, and King Of Despair kills/destroys Marry so that the last protector of Helsalem Lot is destroyed, thus the fall of Helsalem Lot begins.

Damn, I feel sorry for Leo, he managed to stop the collapse of Helasem Lot, on the other hand he lost Marry.

For me this anime is quite good, overall 8/10
Nov 22, 2021 1:07 PM

Mar 2019
What an ending, although confusing at times, I really enjoyed it. The fight between Klaus and Black was great, but I still don't know how they all knew about Black and what happened. I wonder how much different this ending was compared to the manga.

That scene between White and Black was so good, but also sad since White is gone now :'(
I hope that "elder" disappeared at least. I still don't get Famt, what was the relationship between him at King of Despair.

Really good 1st season.

Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 14, 2022 11:53 AM
Apr 2022
Is great, what more i can say
Aug 24, 2022 6:36 PM

Dec 2018
really glad i binged this; otherwise i might have gotten confused along the way. i liked it a lot.
Sep 18, 2022 6:28 AM
May 2020
i dunno how to explain it but amidst all that chaos there was like a constant for of perceived normality. i dont think many shows can replicate that
Dec 5, 2022 8:23 PM

Feb 2014
y'know... i think finally watching this last episode after having seen the rest of the anime so long ago didn't help me at all in trying to understand what happened here LOL. that being said, it was still pretty enjoyable in terms of the animation and the characters being likable..!
Dec 10, 2022 8:03 PM
Dec 2022
The music and voice acting (and animation, as always) were top-fucking-notch this episode. Hooooly shit. The music reminds me of VNC, a bit, but that might be because of the classical roots. In any case, this episode (and series in general) is a must-watch.
Feb 4, 2023 1:43 AM
Aug 2021
it had very good ending
Mar 2, 2023 9:46 PM

Nov 2020
i like the music s9r
Mar 5, 2023 12:58 AM

Mar 2010
Very fun series!! Wonder if William joined them in the end.
Mar 13, 2023 10:15 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Ok... but why???
I haven't read the manga but the anime's storytelling suucks. Or maybe not, maybe Leo was just that bad at retelling the story to his sister.

- Extra wimpy main character, with max plot armor luck
- Not a single likeable character
- Cringey comedy
- Tried to be an action anime but sucked at animating action scenes
- Anticlimactic ending

Watched this show for the stack challenge. Guess I should've picked a better show

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Mar 18, 2023 12:04 AM

Jun 2021
ok...how was this f*ckin sh*t?
characters talking with almost no fresh context
lore clues in unexpected moments
"i wanna be a end of evangelion" moment
comedy out of nowhere
glorious orgasmic soundtrack
strange or unconvencional in almost every aspect
unnecessarily "deep"
definitively this is a chapter of kekkai sensen :')
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
May 28, 2023 4:22 AM
Jan 2021
tingy said:
Really enjoyed the last episode, though it did feel a little all over the place, but it's also very much directed like how all the other episodes were. The comedy made me remember why I missed this show so much, as well as all the characters. I think a "cheesy" ending about hope and believing in yourself fits the tone of the series, they also did it in a way where Leo figures out that for himself. It's also very Leo to not have an answer for the King of Despair, he just wanted to separate the two and have William get the barrier up again. I wasn't too entirely invested with Mary and William, but it was still sad to see Mary leave. The theme of family, dealing with loss, and moving forward worked well in the end, imo. It wasn't great, but it was still good. Needless to say, overall, Kekkai Sensen highly entertained me. It was the anime that I looked forward to the most in spring season, and I'm sad to see it end.

It was also fun seeing the scenes from the beginning of the first episode and from the OP happening in this episode. Matsumoto tied the series off pretty nicely. Also, Michella's eyes! o_o I didn't know Matsumoto was also the sound director, she really makes great choices for the placement of bgms, I was surprised to hear Polovtsian Dances in this episode.
holy shit i know its been 8 years since you posted this but you just helped me find the song that plays in the “short on nonsense” scene.. thank you so much ive been looking for it for so long but nobody else ever mentions it šŸ˜­
Dec 8, 2023 11:14 PM

Oct 2022
Well that was fun 8/10. Great mc, amazing side casts, great antagonist. I feel bad for Leo he could have been together with Mary
UndefeatedBahamut
Mar 8, 3:32 AM
Dec 2020
Not sure how to feel about this, nor about the whole show...

It was so random, so convoluted, nothing makes sense nor understandable(I think thats the point tho).. Well, tbh I still dont know what I watched nor what happened nor what the show is about... Only interesting stuff that made me bit invested are White and Black, and their backstory and stuff, otherwise, the show is a total mess...

6/10 max, couldve been lower but it is that high cos of White and Black, and the cool World building, and cool visuals

Mmm is the next season any interesting or the same sht as this!!? Cos I'm thinking I'd better move on to another show ngl.. I had enough of this...
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting finale for this season.
We finally learn more about who "the King of Despair" really is and the story of Will and Mary, we got bits and pieces throughout the first 10 episodes but they went all-in with the final 2 episodes.

Found it intersting to see how the stories of Leo and Michella were similar to Will & Mary.

Really entertaining honestly, mostly standalone episodes which were great with a bigger story in the background.
It did feel really chaotic and I do wish we could've learned more about the world itself.
The cast was amazing though, really fun characters and the MC himself was great.
Music and sound direction were also really good, loved the OP and ED's.

8/10
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.