Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 27, 2015 11:17 PM

Oct 2013
Some say it's awesome, while others say that it's a complete piece of shit.
Different opinions? Humans are really weird. Well, it's ALWAYS like that.
Apr 28, 2015 2:02 AM

Apr 2015
Zapp is live, Zapp is love - what a great character.

Also, Rider seiyū making an appearance, this show is getting better and better.

There's no way someone who can't even protect himself can protect anyone else, is there?
Apr 28, 2015 6:08 AM

Dec 2009
KLAUS >>>>>>>
I liked it. This show is surprising!
I laughed so hard at Abrams and Zapp. Vampires look interesting here.
Apr 28, 2015 7:21 AM
Aug 2014
I kind of feel this series doesn't know what to do with the lore so they just don't tell you much and keep things vague. Still love the animation, characters and humor though.
Apr 28, 2015 8:04 AM

Jul 2014
I loved this series up until now, but this episode dragged in all the childish shounen tropes (even though this is labeled seinen) like posturing and smack-talking in combat, and convenient forced monologue plot expositions, I'd rather not cringe my way through any more of that teenager-bait.

But I'll put it on hold and hopefully the stupidity dies down later, and I'll pick it back up.
Apr 28, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
I loved this series up until now, but this episode dragged in all the childish shounen tropes (even though this is labeled seinen) like posturing and smack-talking in combat, and convenient forced monologue plot expositions, I'd rather not cringe my way through any more of that teenager-bait.

But I'll put it on hold and hopefully the stupidity dies down later, and I'll pick it back up.

I thought this show was shounen. The manga ran in a shounen magazine.
Apr 28, 2015 11:36 AM

Jan 2008
Is this vampire stuff just gonna be like an arc of the series or is it gonna be the main plotpoint? With how the anime was introduced back in the first episode I thought it would be an all round monster type show but for some reason it feels like it's gonna mainly be about vampires and ignore the rest of the monsters/creatures/whatnots. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Apr 28, 2015 1:35 PM
Nov 2010
Finally an episode that I really liked.
Apr 28, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2014
Red_Tuesday said:

This is being adapted from a shounen manga.
Apr 28, 2015 1:54 PM
Apr 2014
haha this was amazing :D Zapp totally losing his mind with all the shit that happens around that guy xD
Apr 28, 2015 3:50 PM
Jan 2009
gokuzbu1 said:
I kind of feel this series doesn't know what to do with the lore so they just don't tell you much and keep things vague. Still love the animation, characters and humor though.

read
the
manga

Paul said:
Is this vampire stuff just gonna be like an arc of the series or is it gonna be the main plotpoint? With how the anime was introduced back in the first episode I thought it would be an all round monster type show but for some reason it feels like it's gonna mainly be about vampires and ignore the rest of the monsters/creatures/whatnots. Hopefully I'm wrong.

the main plot of the anime is about the ghost girl and those two twin blond kids, none of which are in the manga
the plot in the manga uses the Blood Breeds as "boss battles", basically, where they'll run into a really formidable one every few volumes. The story doesn't really focus on them though.
Apr 28, 2015 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
stephen5000 said:
Red_Tuesday said:

I thought this show was shounen. The manga ran in a shounen magazine.
Z4k said:
Red_Tuesday said:

This is being adapted from a shounen manga.

Well MAL had it labeled seinen when I started watching, fucking bait and switch FFS
Apr 29, 2015 12:21 AM

Nov 2014
There better be a well connected story out of all this mess, so far the anime has amazing art, characters, and action, yet it lacks a good story or actually it lacks ANY STORY.

Vampires now join the tribe of weird creatures, lets see how will Leo deal with them (or with their leader specifically)
Apr 29, 2015 3:29 AM

Nov 2012
That Mr. Abrams entrance xDDD
Apr 29, 2015 5:50 AM

Dec 2012
Wow another amazing episode ! Leonardo is very useful with his eyes. In this episode, the vampires appeared but fortunately Klaus was there. This guy is fucking badass !
I love all OST in this show, very good anime so far.
Apr 29, 2015 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
If the fight had lasted at least a few more minutes before the arrival of Klaus; I had no complaints against moving episode. Pleasant, less comedy in the story and a lot more seriously, even so I like it. I look forward to the next episode.
Apr 29, 2015 10:11 AM

Jul 2009
Really cool episode ... vampires huh? They seem to be super duper strong :O Kinda wish the fight lasted a bit longer though ... cool how Klaus sealed them using the Elder's name but still, I wish we could've seen Abrams in action :( "Lucky" guy that he is he IS supposed to be the expert ... I think it's pretty funny how he avoids disaster though XD
BGM was great this episode as always. Leo seems to be using his eyes more and more ... dang, there are a LOT of vamps down there O_O Luckily they don't seem to be doing anything but ... yeesh, scary stuff :S His conversation with that other vampire (I think) on the subway and, well, that guy seems to be talking to Kemp or however you spell it ... :O
Apr 29, 2015 10:17 AM
Jan 2014
I'm enjoying this show waaaay too much. AOTS
Apr 29, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2013
Zapp faces man!!! lol amazing action as always so the main enemy is vampires interesting and that song at the end was good
Apr 29, 2015 1:29 PM

Oct 2008
Vampires is also an enemy.
Blitz T. Abrams's luck is totally hilarious and full of disaster!
both Starphase and K. K. were awesomely cool out there! (gigaelectric & deepfreeze) cool powers!
and of course with the help of Leonardo's God Eyes, b0ss takes care of the kyuuketsuki and finishes them off!
did zapp do anything??? all he does were whines!
5/5.

Apr 29, 2015 4:53 PM
Jun 2012
Freaking awesome!
Apr 29, 2015 5:04 PM
Oct 2013
BEST ANIME THIS SEASON PERIOD

I repeat

BEST ANIME THIS SEASON PERIOD

Entertainment, hilariousness, and badassery in one episode. God I love this anime.
Apr 29, 2015 6:36 PM

Sep 2013
GreenBenjamin said:
I feel like this series has too much to offer in so little time

Seriously, this. What the hell, BONES?!
Apr 29, 2015 9:47 PM

Sep 2011
I'm constantly taken aback by the incredible creativity in this series, you cannot go a minute of this show without getting a barage of crazy out of this world designs or set pieces. The creativity in all the NPC's of different species alone is insanely detailed

It helps that the show itself is actually enjoyable as hell to boot, zapp is by far the funniest character this season

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 30, 2015 8:31 AM

Feb 2015
The animation is great as it the soundtrack. The rest is a bit of a mess. Its almost like they are trying to cram too much into one episode. It jumps around like a bag of ferrets with virtually no character or story development. I'm struggling to stick with it but hope it gets better.
Apr 30, 2015 11:21 AM

May 2012
Meh another boring episode. Everything was sh*t, boring characters and most them behave like clowns, boring and short action, the humor is not funny at all, and the story is difficult to understand.

I still don't know what is the story is about. I wish if someone give summary of the story.
HitsuWTG said:
Best anime of the season?
Best anime of the season.

It just keeps being fun, really. Zapp's still my favorite character so far of course, though the others aren't bad either. Looking forward to the rest. Want to see that Fujiwara character already.

Are you serious ? There is like 10 if not more anime in this season that are 10 times better than this shit. Even Triange X (an echii anime) have far better story and action and it is much more fun to watch than this. Of course some people will blindly hate it just because it has echii tag. I will not even bother to compare it to Arslan Senki, Sidonia no Kishi, Jojo or Owari no Seraph. Any of these are like 100x better than this silly anime

Also, Zapp is one of the worse character in this season. He look and behaves like clown.
Apr 30, 2015 1:30 PM

Sep 2011
thepath said:
Meh another boring episode. Everything was sh*t, boring characters and most them behave like clowns, boring and short action, the humor is not funny at all, and the story is difficult to understand.

I still don't know what is the story is about. I wish if someone give summary of the story.
HitsuWTG said:

It just keeps being fun, really. Zapp's still my favorite character so far of course, though the others aren't bad either. Looking forward to the rest. Want to see that Fujiwara character already.

Are you serious ? There is like 10 if not more anime in this season that are 10 times better than this shit. Even Triange X (an echii anime) have far better story and action and it is much more fun to watch than this. Of course some people will blindly hate it just because it has echii tag. I will not even bother to compare it to Arslan Senki, Sidonia no Kishi, Jojo or Owari no Seraph. Any of these are like 100x better than this silly anime

Also, Zapp is one of the worse character in this season. He look and behaves like clown.
"only my opinion can exsist"

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 30, 2015 2:15 PM

Aug 2009
Anyone knows the name of the song which starts playing at around 20:30 mark?
Apr 30, 2015 7:35 PM

Sep 2011
How did Klaus seal them? I'm assuming they got the names from that paper (off-screen)? And, by having that name, they're able to seal the person away?

Kinda curious how they knew tbh...
Apr 30, 2015 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
Tyrel said:
How did Klaus seal them? I'm assuming they got the names from that paper (off-screen)? And, by having that name, they're able to seal the person away?

You might wanna watch the train scene again, Klaus asked Leo to get their names. Also, knowing the "true name" as a weapon has been frequently used in fantasy fictions, including D&D.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 30, 2015 9:11 PM
May 2013
this ,fate/stay and owari no serpah are making this anime season freaking awesome
Apr 30, 2015 10:25 PM

Sep 2011
DawnJ said:
Tyrel said:

You might wanna watch the train scene again, Klaus asked Leo to get their names. Also, knowing the "true name" as a weapon has been frequently used in fantasy fictions, including D&D.
Did he? I rewatched it again but he never "asked" him to get their names. He said "You should be able to discern the blood breeds, and their weakness!"
May 1, 2015 2:29 AM

Jan 2014
thepath said:

You're the clown I guess! why don't you drop this anime instead watching and posting your hate toward this anime over per each ep, don't you try to read everyone comment at all even though they don't read the manga their have the feeling its was rushed and yep its true it was "rush" they cram everything in one ep are you happy now.
I just hope next ep it wont become like this again.

May 1, 2015 3:27 AM

Jan 2012
For a second i thought they were going to do a tie in with Hellsing ultimate,
May 1, 2015 3:31 AM

Jul 2008
The action in this series has been superb :D can't get enough of it :)
May 1, 2015 1:37 PM

Nov 2011
nice episode Abram's luck is a serious trouble xD .. Zapp's reactions are so hilarious
the action was good,, this anime is kinda interesting
To desire some results, one must take actions
May 1, 2015 6:08 PM
Oct 2013
thepath said:

HitsuWTG said:

So you've watched 4x20 minutes of "boring" episodes, and still planning to watch it? If I'm bored to a show, I quit asap probably right after episode 1. You're pretty amazing to last this far. If I'm in your shoes, I would be dead due to boredom 3 episodes ago.
May 1, 2015 6:14 PM
Jan 2009
Blankbite said:
thepath said:

So you've watched 4x20 minutes of "boring" episodes, and still planning to watch it? If I'm bored to a show, I quit asap probably right after episode 1. You're pretty amazing to last this far. If I'm in your shoes, I would be dead due to boredom 3 episodes ago.

just ignore him, he literally has Btoom as a 10/10 show
May 1, 2015 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
Tyrel said:
He said "You should be able to discern the blood breeds, and their weakness!"

That's pretty much "asking". Also, "Hey Leo, get da names!" isn't cool enough.

The whole episode was about the vampires and their names. Investigating the chopped hand was for the names, the travel to the giant tree was for the names, and the names are what? Their weakness.
DawnJMay 1, 2015 6:46 PM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 1, 2015 7:47 PM
Aug 2014
Tyrel said:
DawnJ said:

Did he? I rewatched it again but he never "asked" him to get their names. He said "You should be able to discern the blood breeds, and their weakness!"

Yep that's what what Klaus said. I'm also assuming that Leonardo got their name off-screen but not from the paper. I think he got the iinfo on the vampires before the train even entered the station:

• Abrams said that the Elders don't want their real name found because their name contains power.
  • After the incident with the elder's hand, Abrams said that Leonardo eyes were affected in such a way that he could now see stuff out of normal range.
  • By the end of the episode when we got back to Leo's encounter with White's brother in the train, he said that Leo must already know his name most likely because of his eyes.

I don't think Leo attempted to read the paper again. It's more like from afar he was able to get the vampires aura, their names, weaknesses, and even which one was the real Elder and not. When Klaus got there he could not only pinpoint the vampires exact location (before we saw that the camera couldn't even catch them), but he also knew which one of them was the elder (the woman) which one was "made" (the guy he killed on sight) and then sealed the woman. I think Leonardo's "oversensitive" eyes did most of the work there.
Now I wonder if that out-of-range side effect is stuck with Leonardo's eyes from now on.
May 1, 2015 11:27 PM

Feb 2014
sanjayts said:
Anyone knows the name of the song which starts playing at around 20:30 mark?

I would love to know this as well, I just can't find it even if I search the lyrics
May 2, 2015 2:36 AM

Dec 2010
100% awesome episode.

Zapp for character of the season.
May 2, 2015 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome episode, way better than last time. Klaus was epic and I seriously want to see more!! I also can't wait to see what the King of Despair has in mind!!
May 3, 2015 6:21 AM

Nov 2014
Vampires are interpreted nicely in this anime
May 3, 2015 8:51 AM

Apr 2012
Vampires! What a surprise. xDD Okay so this anime is still a little confusing but fffffffreaking hilarious xD And that beautiful animation! *-* This was a good episode, mutch better than the 3rd one.
May 4, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
Vampires? Damn, I hoped for something fresher.
Also I don't think Klaus is all that interesting, so this much emphasis on his supposed awesomeness puts me off.
And I must agree, that I'd like to see a better battle.

Still pretty, still nice music. The (un)lucky guy is hilarious.

I hope the worldbuiding will get clearer. I am fine with fast pacing and slow worldbuilding, but it's not fun to always get things thrown in out of nowhere.

Edit: Oh, and also I am glad that the other guys from Libra aren't unbeatable after all.
deadoptimistMay 4, 2015 2:11 PM
May 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2008
llcruz said:
Holy shit Klaus was so badass when he killed those vampires.

Sealed not killed and it seems he only could do as such because he knew their names from the eyes or our main guy or else he wouldn't be able to defeat them ether.
May 10, 2015 4:43 PM
Aug 2012
I feel like this episode was way too rushed and muddled. There was enough content for at least two episodes, and it all gets kind of lost in the mayhem. Also, vampires? Really? Whatever, at least they're properly threatening vampires. The highlight of this episode for me was Abrams, though, such an entertaining character! He was great.
May 13, 2015 4:33 PM

May 2013
Seems like vampires are now involved. This brings in Lucky Abrams.
Damn, Leo's eyes started bleeding. Klaus, however, shows he's still freakin' badass.
I wonder how White and the King of Despair are related.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 22, 2015 6:16 AM

Oct 2013
Zapp is funny as always but Klaus is such a BA guy. :D
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.