Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 24, 2015 5:23 PM
Feb 2015
Dang that game lasted for 99 hours wow... Well the game is a bit confusing. Looks like they got the information they needed and Leonardo got a cute friend or girl friend :3
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 28, 2015 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
Holy fucking Klaus was GAR. Loved his quote about how others are do not change what you yourself believe in / who you are.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 1, 2015 9:26 AM

Dec 2012
Welp, I'm sold. That was awesome. This show knows how to play onto its bizarre wackiness without turning into complete nonsense, all the while becoming nothing but. It took some adjusting but once I opened my mind to the absurdity and just accepted everything as it came, it really did become infinitely more fun.

Kekkai Sensen has also established that it has no intention of spoon feeding or hand holding the audience. It's got subtlety, absurdity, and wit all jam packed into one big clusterfuck of fun.
Jun 3, 2015 6:56 AM

Apr 2015
It's crazy how he lasted 99 freakin' hours lol. I wish I knew more about the "chess game". Seems pretty interesting.

But still... 99 freakin' hours. I don't think I've even played a hour long chess game before.

And honestly, is it safe to say that the soundtracks in this anime is top class? Like arguably top 10 ever?
Jun 16, 2015 8:52 PM

Apr 2014
THAT LAST OST TRACK GAH

soooooo goooddddddddd
Jul 2, 2015 8:13 AM

Apr 2015
That ghost girl is so cool and Klaus is BA af
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Jul 12, 2015 5:47 AM

Oct 2010
beethoven symphony ode to joy always fits these types of life and death situation perfectly.
Jul 17, 2015 10:25 AM

Oct 2012
Loving this anime! The ED is amazing too.
Jul 25, 2015 5:05 AM

Sep 2013
That could have actually been intense but there's no friggin' context for the game at all. They could be mashing buttons for all anyone could care. I mean, you couldn't even tell if he was winning or losing because of the lack of dialogue.
Aug 4, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2013
Super cool animation.

That game looked way hard, I couldn't play any game for 99 hours. I'd be bored by about 10 lol.

Cool song near end.
Aug 14, 2015 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
Was I supposed to understand what the point in all that was? Because I didn't.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 14, 2015 6:41 PM

Apr 2015
Zadion said:
Was I supposed to understand what the point in all that was? Because I didn't.

Congratulations!

That's the whole show.
Sep 28, 2015 12:30 AM

Dec 2013
Oct 6, 2015 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
Of course the thing that guy is risking his life for is freaking nuclear weapons -_-
Feb 9, 2016 2:44 AM

Jul 2013
Sachan
Hijikata
Shinpachi
Kagura
-this show reeks of Gintama lol

Arlelelle? where do they get these names man.

More complex than chess? the way they play, they just drag random pieces across the table lol. At fast pace at that.

Anyway this show is getting kinda confusing, Maybe because it's been quite a while since I watched the first two episodes but.. well I'm kinda used to it. This happens a lot to one-cour shows like this.
Mar 6, 2016 7:29 AM

Feb 2014
This game seems to be the type of game where you need 3 hrs to explain all the rules to everyone and they'll still make plenty of mistakes and ask you to tell them the rules again.

I found it funny how Klaus actually started to bleed. It was really nice of him to spend 99 hrs to save a man who wanted to have him killed. There seems to be some nice vibes betweeen K.K. and Klaus too (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ .
Mar 6, 2016 7:58 AM

Sep 2015
In this episode the song sounds El himno de la alegría <3
Mar 16, 2016 4:11 PM

May 2012
I really loved this episode, while it being a bit slower the whole context of the chess game was totally amazing! Really loving how this is development. Let's see what's next.
May 27, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2016
Crazy stuff, have to burn through the remaining eps. :)
Jun 21, 2016 12:18 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Prosfair is a heck of a game that I'd like to play.

Needed more Chain in this episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 7, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
Just what............?!?!?!?!?!

Three episodes in and I still find myself always thinking "What in the world is happening?!" and though that may sound like a complaint, it actually isn't. True, a lot of things still confuse me with this anime but I can't say I don't like it. If anything, I enjoy it overall... in a weird way that even I can't really explain. lol I suppose there's just something (*shrugs*) about this show that's keeping me interested.

Anyway, on to the next episode!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Nov 1, 2016 4:22 AM

Jun 2013
I don't think this was a great episode, and it lacked the momentum of the previous episodes, but it was still entertaining. The eldritch location was kind of neat.

What we learned: Klaus has DETERMINATION, K.K. was introduced and uh... well, that's about it. K.K. probably shoots blood bullets out of finger, judging by her "boss subtitle".
Sep 21, 2017 7:31 PM

Jul 2013
So the name of the ghost is Mary. Must be pretty boring for her not to have any person besides her brother where she could talk to. Leonardo seems pretty happy :D

Haha that scene with Zapp at the beginning where he sat on Leo's face.

This game prosfair looks crazy and Klaus played it for 99 hours straight against someone who plays it since 1200 years? wtf O.o

At least he was able to rescue Ulchenko and got the informations he needed.

These OST's are so awesome, can't get enough of it. <3

Oct 6, 2017 9:45 PM
Mar 2017
Interesting episode, I loved watching them play the game.
Nov 29, 2017 10:03 PM

Dec 2015
I still don't get what the fuck this anime is about pls help
hi
Dec 31, 2017 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
Looking back on the series, one can also appreciate the greater clarity that was not so evident in the narration before. The hymn to joy in the background of the match between Klaus and Don Arlelelle Eruca Fulgrouche, makes Klaus's words more epic. KK enters so quickly on the scene, that there is almost no time to wonder who he is and what he is doing, even if certain aspects of the relationship between her and Klaus are evident. But when was Chain presented? I do not remember it.
Feb 2, 2018 6:53 AM

Nov 2016
This (At the Gates song) is totally different then the song used in the anime...It's got background drums and generally waaaay too much noise that cover it's awesomeness. Where can I find the song used in the anime ? Or at least what's the producer/composer ? Any hints ?
Btw, the song is from episode 3, it starts at about 07:12 during the episode.
What is real ? How do you define real ?
Feb 8, 2018 1:28 AM
Jun 2013
im confused who is this russion dude and why does klaus care? Its never explained. Well at least we got a new face and she seems close to klaus.
Feb 24, 2018 6:10 PM

Feb 2012
Klaus's apple mac

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 4, 2018 9:03 PM

Sep 2013
I liked the Prosfair game.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 21, 2018 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
I'm honestly so confused as to why people are confused. yes, I know that wording is ironic. But ... seriously? It's a little fast paced, but this show isn't confusing at all. You don't need to pause the screen 50 times like people keep saying. Hell you don't even need to read the descriptions of the characters that are given, you can just pick up context clues with the dialogue.

.... honestly guys this isn't confusing at all
observing a woman's body
Jan 22, 2019 5:27 AM

Jul 2017
to use beethoven's 9th is an imediate +1 to me too bad I don't use scores anymore.
anyway good episode, even more for the fact that they throw in mozart and beethoven in there, good anime
MrAndersonX said:
This (At the Gates song) is totally different then the song used in the anime...It's got background drums and generally waaaay too much noise that cover it's awesomeness. Where can I find the song used in the anime ? Or at least what's the producer/composer ? Any hints ?
beethoven's 9th symphony 4th movement, in other words, one of the best compositions ever composed by a human. It sounds different because it is an orchestra.
Jan 22, 2019 8:12 AM

Nov 2016
Zehennagel said:
to use beethoven's 9th is an imediate +1 to me too bad I don't use scores anymore.
anyway good episode, even more for the fact that they throw in mozart and beethoven in there, good anime
MrAndersonX said:
beethoven's 9th symphony 4th movement, in other words, one of the best compositions ever composed by a human. It sounds different because it is an orchestra.

Sorry mate but, "Kekkai Sensen OST - At the Gates" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccJXevHX-js) has nothing to do with Beethoven's song :). I was just looking for the original, "clean" audio version used in the anime without the background drums.
What is real ? How do you define real ?
Jan 22, 2019 12:34 PM

Jul 2017
MrAndersonX said:
Zehennagel said:

Sorry mate but, "Kekkai Sensen OST - At the Gates" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccJXevHX-js) has nothing to do with Beethoven's song :). I was just looking for the original, "clean" audio version used in the anime without the background drums.
allright. well it is the 9th symphony that plays at the moment the mentioned but I didn't understand. I didn't hear the music that was playing at the same time I think or I didn't notice! (probably because of my love for beethoven(did I mention I love beethoven?)) anyway interesting story.
Nov 19, 2019 8:14 AM

Sep 2018
The beauty of this episode lies in getting to know the head of the Libra better and deepening the aspects of the context in which the events of this story are told; the character of K.K. I like it a lot, because she's really funny. Drawings and animations, excellent. Ditto the backgrounds. The mysterious girl still remains a mystery.
Apr 19, 2020 5:15 PM
Sep 2017
aebsan said:
anyone know what that R&B song is cant find it lyrics i got so far were

The world goes round no matter and thats the only truth we know, the world goes round so bettter, better be ready to smile, so many times I was trying to make a good day a sunny day, oh what a fool ive been.
https://open.spotify.com/track/5zOpMuqFn4MflQmYtKACxD?si=PgmxTmJHQtaKoLFcYOeKhQ thats the song
Apr 24, 2020 4:44 AM

May 2016
I had goosebumps through out the whole game and Klause sure is a really great guy.

Terrablu2018 said:
The beauty of this episode lies in getting to know the head of the Libra better and deepening the aspects of the context in which the events of this story are told; the character of K.K. I like it a lot, because she's really funny. Drawings and animations, excellent. Ditto the backgrounds. The mysterious girl still remains a mystery.
This

Finally someone who understood the beauty of this episode on such a deep level.
Jun 27, 2020 10:21 AM

Sep 2018
Raizel said:
I had goosebumps through out the whole game and Klause sure is a really great guy.

Terrablu2018 said:
This

Finally someone who understood the beauty of this episode on such a deep level.

Thank you very much, I didn't think there was anyone who would appreciate my comments in the right perspective. :)
Jul 22, 2020 11:29 AM

Jul 2015
This series really gives me Hellboy vibes. So Prosfair is chess but advanced, man Klaus is pretty amazing to not only have some crazy physical strength but also the mental strength to continue the chess game without losing for 99 hours.

Oct 13, 2020 1:28 PM
Apr 2019
Who was this Mr Yamakawa ?I forgot ?
Nov 24, 2020 4:18 AM

Feb 2018
Musis choices are awesome in this anime.
Dec 16, 2020 1:10 PM

May 2018
ghost girl is too kawaii Hnnngh

Prosfair truly is a hellish game wow :O
Dec 28, 2020 3:47 PM

Jun 2015
UltimateListless said:
aebsan said:
anyone know what that R&B song is cant find it lyrics i got so far were

The world goes round no matter and thats the only truth we know, the world goes round so bettter, better be ready to smile, so many times I was trying to make a good day a sunny day, oh what a fool ive been.
https://open.spotify.com/track/5zOpMuqFn4MflQmYtKACxD?si=PgmxTmJHQtaKoLFcYOeKhQ thats the song

Thank you, I came looking at this eps for this song name. Music score on this show is epic!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 22, 2021 3:59 AM
Dec 2019
how many dimesions was that chess? It's like a yugioh chess monster leveling rpg game thing.
Apr 1, 2021 10:04 PM

May 2016
In exchange for information you can't get anywhere else, you play a chess game on steroids with your life on the line, huh. Sounds more like a deal with the devil more than anything else.

I'm looking forward to the drug raid and to seeing how they'll fare against Angel Scale users if they'll ever decide to show that.

Apr 20, 2021 10:32 AM
Oct 2019
was this supposed to be an "artistic" episode? wasn't my cup of tea

this girl is that evil guy from the first episode, right? or something
May 23, 2021 4:52 AM

Apr 2018
Klaus played Chess for 99 hours, he's a damn pro.
Good animation

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 23, 2021 5:20 AM

Apr 2018
This was amazing, 99 hours of chess..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 5, 2021 8:33 PM
Aug 2021
What a boring episode
Nov 21, 2021 10:31 AM

Mar 2019
It was really confusing at first, but damn that match was amazing. The visuals and the OST were really good. We also got more screentime for best girl, Mary.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.