Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 17, 2014 2:19 PM

Sep 2012
I love magi, I find this anime awesome, I didn't read the manga , But I disliked this episode; I feel like they don't have enough budget left.

Fighting animations are bad since 2-3 episodes. It doesn't show how epic their alliance is, and i'm truly disappointed.
The scene with Scheherazade was just pathethic... and I expected more from "Combined Extreme magic" animations.

But some mistakes can happen and I can easily forgive magi for some bad steps.
Mar 17, 2014 2:36 PM

Aug 2010
Kouen is beast. I really liked that played when he owned all the black djinn.
Mar 17, 2014 3:02 PM

Feb 2012
That was a pretty clean episode.

That Kouen doeg.
Mar 17, 2014 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty disappointed that we haven't seen Morgiana in like 10 episodes, where the hell is she?

I loved seeing Hakuei and Kougyoku again, its funny that they are so friendly with Alibaba and Aladdin lol.
My Candies:
Mar 17, 2014 3:08 PM

Dec 2011
It seems they are trying to wrap this up fast since I felt this episode is sped up.
Anyways, it was awesome to see the Djinn users of the Kou Empire! Damn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2014 3:42 PM

Jun 2013
I liked how when kouen's backup was all friendly with the 'enemy'.

This is from awhile ago, but anyone know who ugos master was cause if i can remember it wasn't aladdin(yea off topic)
Mar 17, 2014 4:10 PM

Oct 2011
Dat teamworkd and every Djinn Equip at the same time : 0

Lol @ Kouen kicking Alibaba in the lava XDDD
Mar 17, 2014 4:21 PM

Feb 2012
That scene Aladdin and Alibaba meeting up with Hakuei and Kogyoku was so sweet!
Mar 17, 2014 4:22 PM
Nov 2013
i will completely forgive this episodes bad animation if the animation is epic next week and A-1 dont screw up the sheer awesomeness.

Aside from animation issues and some less than steller ost choices, the episode was quite solid.
Mar 17, 2014 4:30 PM

Apr 2013
skudoops said:
I still don't see the hate for this show. I thought this episode was excellent.
its not bad, but "we" manga-people are annoyed that it's poorly adapted.. I think A-1 did a good job with season 2 until the war.. then it went to sh***
Mar 17, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2010
Wow A-1... You even call that extreme magic? What the fuck? Sigh.
Mar 17, 2014 4:39 PM

Nov 2009
If the animation wasn't so mediocre and the story wasn't crammed up in 25 episodes, everything would've been epic.

MANGA > ANIME
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2014 5:03 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
I wonder why blue nipples stopped being OK. Leraje had them last week,

AlexGK said:
IronLobster said:
"Alibaba-chan"

There is a reason why so many people ship Ali X Kougyoku :)

For delusional shippers even this little is enough.

In some of the latest manga chapters, it really isn't as delusional as it seems.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Mar 17, 2014 5:14 PM

May 2012
Kougyoku! :D

Eh. It was okay-ish. I felt like a lot was missing.

Mar 17, 2014 5:32 PM

May 2012
Maybe I should really read the manga now.. the plot and idea with all these amazing Djinns are amazing but somehow the animation and execution is just plain boring. Kinda disappointing.
Mar 17, 2014 5:58 PM

Jan 2011
Magi was great until everyone could easily fly ... =/ now its the typical shounen Dragonball Z like stuff and the adventure, traveling and diplomacy stuff is gone. i dont like it that way. and way too much absurd world changing magic. too much. often less is more. i mean, some magics sure look great, but all is so imbalanced now. and on top of that the animation quality is not good enough. i cant remeber the way FMAbros was made but i think it was better and so FMA turned into a legendary anime. but now, 2014, i expect something more like KyouAni for this kind of manga stuff. so much wasted potential. i hope a better studio will rerun the show from the beginning like FMA i dont care if it is 100 % manga adapted, important is it is well done.

BUT Hakuei and Kougyoku are so hot and sexy, i can put those other issues aside for the moment they are on screen =)
Mar 17, 2014 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Koen laying the smackdown! Father medium is taking shape & did alibaba + koen combo extreme magic work? duh duh duh next ep!
Mar 17, 2014 6:13 PM
Nov 2013
summerwars said:
Magi was great until everyone could easily fly ... =/ now its the typical shounen Dragonball Z like stuff and the adventure, traveling and diplomacy stuff is gone. i dont like it that way. and way too much absurd world changing magic. too much. often less is more. i mean, some magics sure look great, but all is so imbalanced now. and on top of that the animation quality is not good enough. i cant remeber the way FMAbros was made but i think it was better and so FMA turned into a legendary anime. but now, 2014, i expect something more like KyouAni for this kind of manga stuff. so much wasted potential. i hope a better studio will rerun the show from the beginning like FMA i dont care if it is 100 % manga adapted, important is it is well done.

BUT Hakuei and Kougyoku are so hot and sexy, i can put those other issues aside for the moment they are on screen =)

read the manga version bro and you will see the sheer epicness of what this episode was supposed to be like. seriously, ohtaka's art and dynamic angle usage >>>>>> the animation in this episode.
Mar 17, 2014 6:50 PM

May 2009
AlexGK said:
Since when are u writing the manga to be that sure :D
Also in the light of the massive romance vibes that Morgiana gives can you blame us? Sorry but Mor X Ali is the most colorless couple Ive seen in a while.

Since Ohtaka is setting up together. What do you mean colorless? Nearly all manga is black and white.
IronLobster said:
In some of the latest manga chapters, it really isn't as delusional as it seems.

Sorry but you are lying yourself, they have zero romantic development. Forced marriage that might not even happen isn't romance, especially when she is still all over (and inside) Sinbad.
Besides, she's fucking dead.
Mar 17, 2014 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Sorry but you are lying yourself, they have zero romantic development. Forced marriage that might not even happen isn't romance, especially when she is still all over (and inside) Sinbad.

We'll see when one of us comes out disappointed.

Mar 17, 2014 7:55 PM
Sep 2012
Before this episode aired, I kinda lost my patience and read the manga ahead... and to be honest, I'm disappointed. This could/should have been awesome, but instead the episode was handled quite... lazy and rushed.

We still have 2 more episodes, and I really really hope A-1 will give their very best and step up their game for these two, cause let me tell you (without spoilering anything), what's coming next is a batch of awesomeness that could end up becoming:
1. A really epic mind blown finale at a grand scale with various revelations, that you will want a third season asap, or
2. A huge disappointment, if they decide to mess around with the original story and further damage it with inconsistent animation quality.

I really hope it's the first one and not the latter, though I'm not expecting too much considering they need to cramp up 8 chapters into 2 episode (assuming they want to end it at book 20).

Let's just wait and see...
Mar 17, 2014 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
FuredeRiko said:
Before this episode aired, I kinda lost my patience and read the manga ahead... and to be honest, I'm disappointed. This could/should have been awesome, but instead the episode was handled quite... lazy and rushed.

We still have 2 more episodes, and I really really hope A-1 will give their very best and step up their game for these two, cause let me tell you (without spoilering anything), what's coming next is a batch of awesomeness that could end up becoming:
1. A really epic mind blown finale at a grand scale with various revelations, that you will want a third season asap, or
2. A huge disappointment, if they decide to mess around with the original story and further damage it with inconsistent animation quality.

I really hope it's the first one and not the latter, though I'm not expecting too much considering they need to cramp up 8 chapters into 2 episode (assuming they want to end it at book 20).

Let's just wait and see...

I like to think that A-1 is saving their money to pump into the last or last two episodes. If that isn't the case, then I don't know what the fuck they're doing with their budget. A manga that's as successful as Magi should've had competent people working on an adaption from the beginning, so why is a lousy staff making it instead? If the last episodes are good, then I'll be satisfied. Although, the anime lost any chance of surpassing the manga a long time ago.

Mar 17, 2014 9:28 PM

May 2009
IronLobster said:

Disapointed about what? There is no romantic development between them, Ohtaka even prefers her with Judal than Sinbad, check old bonus pages if you don't believe me. http://i.imgur.com/cbEMllM.jpg
Mar 17, 2014 10:54 PM

Mar 2012
Good thing I picked up the manga a couple of weeks ago. Highly disappointed in what A-1 has done with this.
Mar 17, 2014 11:15 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
IronLobster said:

Disapointed about what? There is no romantic development between them, Ohtaka even prefers her with Judal than Sinbad, check old bonus pages if you don't believe me. http://i.imgur.com/cbEMllM.jpg

By that logic, Pisti and Sharkan has a thing.

Dude, Morgiana had over 200 chapters to have development with Alibaba. Hell, she's had more development with Hakuryuu. You can try and tell me that arranged marriages are not romantic, but when you've seen romantic NTR, you'll be ready to believe anything. This is the world of manga, sir.

Mar 18, 2014 1:14 AM

Aug 2008
Since the moment that guy opened up that volcanic vent I was curious as to why Alibaba wasn't siphoning its magoi too. So I found it quite amusing when he was finally dragged and stomped on the lava like that :p

Well, based from the comments, I guess that even if I'm spoiled a bit, reading the manga will still be pretty neat since they do take their liberties on the adaptation eh.
Mar 18, 2014 3:58 AM

Jul 2009
No Djinn female nipples? you disappoint me D:<
Mar 18, 2014 4:00 AM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
AlexGK said:
Since when are u writing the manga to be that sure :D
Also in the light of the massive romance vibes that Morgiana gives can you blame us? Sorry but Mor X Ali is the most colorless couple Ive seen in a while.

Since Ohtaka is setting up together. What do you mean colorless? Nearly all manga is black and white.
IronLobster said:

Why are you even reading the manga when you know what will happen i wonder?

Its a good thing its not your manga though, so that ship still sails ;)

I said Mor X Ali is colorless because it lacks any kind of vibe and looks forced - Ali is like "fux, no girl wants me, so whoever will do if shes cute enough". I even think he said something similar after Toto went with Olba. And Mor and hers "he saved me, so now I think I have feelings for him" fails to convince me. Hell, it was more Alladin than Alibaba that saved her even...
If Ohtaka feels like forcing the couple, well, there is nothing to be done about it. I can only hope that she will develop that relationship so It doesnt feel so out of place in that case. Like the guy above said - Mor has more development with Hakuryuu in 20 chapters than Ali in 200. And I really think she will end up with him atm. Hakuryuu with his sister complex and mother issues really feels like the better match for Morgianna's tomboy-ish character.

While I admit that atm Kougyoku and Ali have shown nothing but frendship feelings toward eachother, they look better as a couple (rly, in the Mor X Ali "relationship" I think Mor has the male role, lol) and if their marriage really happens and in the light of what Sinbad did to her things can develop pretty fast. If you fail to see that - too bad, but calling that ship delusional while accepting Mor X Ali as set in stone is going too far.
AlexGKMar 18, 2014 4:06 AM
Mar 18, 2014 4:14 AM

May 2012
Another good episode. Hakuei boobs looks so delicious
Mar 18, 2014 5:04 AM

Oct 2013
I like the humor in some Parts
Mar 18, 2014 5:22 AM

Jan 2011
crystalblade13 said:
summerwars said:
Magi was […]

read the manga version bro and you will see the sheer epicness of what this episode was supposed to be like. seriously, ohtaka's art and dynamic angle usage >>>>>> the animation in this episode.

i am reading the manga. ;P because of that i can say that the animation is often kinda dissapointing. ;)
Mar 18, 2014 5:29 AM

May 2009
IronLobster said:
Dude, Morgiana had over 200 chapters to have development with Alibaba. Hell, she's had more development with Hakuryuu. You can try and tell me that arranged marriages are not romantic, but when you've seen romantic NTR, you'll be ready to believe anything. This is the world of manga, sir.

Kou had zero romantic development, I doubt marriage will happen because Alibaba promised wait for Morgiana.
AlexGK said:

I said Mor X Ali is colorless because it lacks any kind of vibe and looks forced - Ali is like "fux, no girl wants me, so whoever will do if shes cute enough". I even think he said something similar after Toto went with Olba. And Mor and hers "he saved me, so now I think I have feelings for him" fails to convince me. Hell, it was more Alladin than Alibaba that saved her even...
If Ohtaka feels like forcing the couple, well, there is nothing to be done about it. I can only hope that she will develop that relationship so It doesnt feel so out of place in that case. Like the guy above said - Mor has more development with Hakuryuu in 20 chapters than Ali in 200. And I really think she will end up with him atm. Hakuryuu with his sister complex and mother issues really feels like the better match for Morgianna's tomboy-ish character.

While I admit that atm Kougyoku and Ali have shown nothing but frendship feelings toward eachother, they look better as a couple (rly, in the Mor X Ali "relationship" I think Mor has the male role, lol) and if their marriage really happens and in the light of what Sinbad did to her things can develop pretty fast. If you fail to see that - too bad, but calling that ship delusional while accepting Mor X Ali as set in stone is going too far.

I like when stories make logical sense. Don't give a shit about retarded shipping, I see logical conlusions.
It doesn't feel forced for me but natural. No there is no development between Hakuryou and her, he betrayed her feelings and later went full retard. He's villain and won't return to good side. About Kou - look up. Looking better doesn't mean anything when characters don't have any romantic development. Yes, Morgiana is portrayed as stronger because she is fanalis, it's still part of Alibaba's manning up.
Don't forget that Ohtaka announced that manga reached halfway and she is sad about character she will kill off.
Kou is one characters that have a lot deathflags and she is pretty much useless to the story after Sindbad reveal her mindfuck publicly.
bastek66Mar 18, 2014 5:33 AM
Mar 18, 2014 5:31 AM

Oct 2011
O_o everyone's saying this wasn't as epic as the manga version. Guess I'll have to check out the manga then. Loved this episode though, kouen creating a volcano just to replenish magoi = OP lmao.
Mar 18, 2014 5:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I dont understand why so many manga readers whine, whine, whine, whine, whine and then whine some more about the animation. If you think the adaption is that dreadful just drop it already instead of coming here every single episode to criticize every little thing.

I'm reading the manga and yes, it's clear that it's superior to the anime, and that A1 could do a much, much better job. But they are either a) satisfied with the job they are doing, b) not capable of doing any better than this.

For my part, I think that Magi is such an awesome story, that even an inferior anime adaptation is a very enjoyable watch. This episode went by in what felt like 5 minutes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 18, 2014 5:49 AM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
IronLobster said:

Kou had zero romantic development, I doubt marriage will happen because Alibaba promised wait for Morgiana.
AlexGK said:

I like when stories make logical sense. Don't give a shit about retarded shipping, I see logical conlusions.
It doesn't feel forced for me but natural. No there is no development between Hakuryou and her, he betrayed her feelings and later went full retard. He's villain and won't return to good side. About Kou - look up. Looking better doesn't mean anything when characters don't have any romantic development. Yes, Morgiana is portrayed as stronger because she is fanalis, it's still part of Alibaba's manning up.
Don't forget that Ohtaka announced that manga reached halfway and she is sad about character she will kill off.
Kou is one characters that have a lot deathflags and she is pretty much useless to the story after Sindbad reveal her mindfuck publicly.

Well, lets agree to disagree then, we will see how it goes.

I also think that Ohtaka only teases us and the death toll wont be that big. I dont expect any of the semi-major characters like Kou to die. My own opinion though, I have to agree the flags are there. But I think its just an easy way to keep the readers interested.
I still remember the year of Kakashi Kishimoto promised some years ago :D
Mar 18, 2014 8:15 AM

Aug 2009
IronLobster, bastek66,AlexGK

You guys are very off topic, you are discussing stuff from the manga that aren't relevant for the this anime episode. Please put your conversations in a thread meant for shipping.
Mar 18, 2014 5:58 PM

Jul 2008
Marzan said:
I dont understand why so many manga readers whine, whine, whine, whine, whine and then whine some more about the animation. If you think the adaption is that dreadful just drop it already instead of coming here every single episode to criticize every little thing.

I'm reading the manga and yes, it's clear that it's superior to the anime, and that A1 could do a much, much better job. But they are either a) satisfied with the job they are doing, b) not capable of doing any better than this.

For my part, I think that Magi is such an awesome story, that even an inferior anime adaptation is a very enjoyable watch. This episode went by in what felt like 5 minutes.

This. So much this.
Yes, it is a shame that it didn't get to be more epic. However, I have seen MUCH, MUCH worse and it is light years better than Season 1 which, forgive my terminology, raped the Manga.
Mar 18, 2014 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
I thought the fight was awesome,but now I hot to look for it manga mode.
Kouen throwing Alibaba in the lava was funny.
I thought in many points the animation was solid great.
Alibaba had great points here.
Mar 18, 2014 7:42 PM

Apr 2007
So many djinn equips. I'm starting to see them just as blobs of color lol.
Mar 19, 2014 8:13 PM

Dec 2008
How is it possible to have all those tentacles and no rape? >__>

Kouen is just BARBAROUS! I'd hate to see what he'd do in a drunken brawl.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 19, 2014 9:01 PM

Jun 2012
The animation was really lacking to me. I'm not a manga reader, so I can't comment on how they handled this fight compared to the manga, but the combat wasn't really satisfying this time around.
Mar 20, 2014 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
Mainly checked this episode for the voice work and the djinn equips. Yuichi Nakamura's Kouen and Miki Ito's Gyokuen were the stars of the episode and their stellar performance made up for the cheap animation. Also, while I don't remember it being in the manga, loved that scene when Kouen was kicking Alibaba in the lava.
Mar 20, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2008
I do notice there has been a decline in animation quality over the season. It started around 18~ish I think.

I expect Sinbad to make an entrance but it looks like that's not necessary. :|
Mar 21, 2014 6:01 AM

Jan 2008
Looks like they decided to make the female dijinns nippleless. Well not like it matters but actually the first thing I noticed. Lol.

The fight scene was pretty poor. I wasn't bothered by the poor animation but rather no animation. *Swing weapon* *insert light and a lot of lines* *kills those dark guys*

The lava part was hilarious with Alibaba and Kouen.

Wondering if Hakuryuu will show.
Mar 21, 2014 6:11 AM

Oct 2013
Still no Morgiana, huh.
Mar 21, 2014 8:11 AM

Feb 2012
Kouen is a sorry excuse for a badass.
and how can he be equal to Sinbad? Sinbad has 7 djinns while Kouen has 3, he is clearly outnumbered.
nice ep.
Mar 21, 2014 12:55 PM

Feb 2009
Marzan said:

This

Magi is the best anime i have seen in years, i don't see anything wrong with the animation (but i also dislike manga in general, so i don't care about the whine)
Mar 21, 2014 10:31 PM

Mar 2013
I loved Magi and even thought it was the new pillar for shounen anime with its originality and traits... but this episode was the worst rushed down I've ever seen in anime.

Rant.

TLDR; I hated this episode.

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Mar 22, 2014 3:12 AM

Jul 2010
Marzan said:

THANK YOU!!!!
Mar 22, 2014 3:32 AM

Jan 2011
Arcos said:
Marzan said:

This

Magi is the best anime i have seen in years, i don't see anything wrong with the animation (but i also dislike manga in general, so i don't care about the whine)

Never said that the anime is bad. I rant because the anime could have been much better, can you imagine that?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

102 by phantom346 »»
Apr 13, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.