Edit Manga Information

Volumes: 5
Chapters: 28
Status: Finished
Published: Dec 26, 1998 to Sep 26, 2001
Genres: ActionAction, ComedyComedy, DramaDrama, GameGame, Sci-FiSci-Fi, ShounenShounen
Authors: CLAMP (Story & Art)
Serialization: Shounen Ace

1 indicates a weighted score.
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Oct 1, 2009
rachelcabbit (All reviews)
Angelic Layer

This manga is Clamp's attempt at a battle manga. It is set in the same universe as Chobits, and contains similar themes, such as the relationships between created beings/robots/toys and humans.
I read this after seeing an episode or two or the anime. It is a short enough series, at read more
Aug 16, 2009
MajorTom (All reviews)
I dare say that my view on this manga has been coloured by its anime counterpart, but I honestly am surprised that a show as good as that came from this manga. I didn't remember it being like this, only that I wasn't happy with the ending. Well, as it turns out the ending is not the only thing that I'm not happy about.

It must be said that I do like the idea behind this. It's a more creative look at fighting toys than others, and the overall plot is alright. But it moves at a breakneck pace. Training, first read more
Aug 17, 2008
Chanellia (All reviews)
in-one-sentence :
lovely sci-fi manga with imaginative touch .

The Review

Story :
very simple one without any tense and holocaust ,a super safe G-Rated manga and it's a quality one . But , it's sci-fi and imaginative theme , such as creating toys named angelic layer is something unique and attractive for children , a fresh air after surrealistic toys with stupid imaginative and less-creativity such as Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh! .

Dialogues :
Very Cardcaptor Sakura . No special things , just simple , just very CLAMP but yet enjoyable.

Character :
less-character improvement and no abnormality , just very normal character who you can find in real life .

Enjoyment read more
Mar 27, 2012
catalysst (All reviews)
Beware, the following review may contain /spoilers/.

As far as CLAMP’s manga go, Angelic Layer is pretty average. And that’s all there is to it. /Average/.

For our basic premise, we have Suzuhara Misaki, a young girl who has just moved to Tokyo to live with her aunt in order to go to middle school there. Upon arriving in Tokyo, she is swept up into the game called “Angelic Layer”, where you raise your own “Angel” from an egg and fight with other Angels. Along the way, Misaki makes a couple friends, a few enemies, some rivals, and learns new things about herself. She also discovers that read more