Forum Settings
Forums

Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto has reached 28,000,000 copies in circulation

New
Jul 24, 10:36 AM

Jan 2009
Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto has reached 28.000.000 copies in circulation with 18 volumes. https://x.com/WSJ_manga/status/1815771129866223659

for comparisons https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga
Jul 24, 10:50 AM
Feb 2024
well.. chainsaw man p1 was very good but p2 is a little bit different than p1 and I'm getting used to it. Very good manga. I suggest those who doesnt read
Jul 24, 11:35 AM
Apr 2024
Wait till blud finds about 28,000,001 copies
Jul 24, 12:56 PM
May 2024
yet someone on this app tried to claim CSM wasn’t popular enough and therefore can’t get a 2nd season lol
Jul 24, 1:22 PM

May 2024
gyoobr said:
yet someone on this app tried to claim CSM wasn’t popular enough and therefore can’t get a 2nd season lol

Manga sales don't impact the anime receiving more projects. So this has nothing to do with the anime getting a second season or not.
Jul 24, 5:31 PM
草薙直哉zfg

Apr 2022
damn, 18 are out. wow, feels like part two started not long ago
boredboredbored
Jul 24, 5:57 PM
Oct 2023
SimplyBrazen said:
gyoobr said:

Manga sales don't impact the anime receiving more projects. So this has nothing to do with the anime getting a second season or not.

Do you know that to be correct?
Jul 24, 11:48 PM

May 2024
rinnmakesmusic said:
SimplyBrazen said:

It is correct. An anime adaptation is given the go-ahead if the stakeholders of the IP are willing to make a new project. However these stakeholders only make profit from the adaptation and in most cases it's hard for them to be 100% sure if a continuation is worth the money. That's why a lot of anime don't receive second seasons.

Nowadays it's a bit easier since streaming services have allowed for anime to be more profitable in comparison to a decade or two ago.
Jul 25, 2:18 AM

Dec 2022
Well congrats for Fujimoto sensei then. I haven't caught up with the current chapters of the manga since I'm lazing out with popular stuff recently like csm here and jjk because boredom surrounded my brain but I think it's about time I'm gonna try and catch up now.

Jul 25, 2:48 AM

Jan 2021
Per volume sales are still not as high as I expected it to be. Maybe the anime sequels will make it reach at least 2 million per volume.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jul 25, 3:49 AM

Apr 2024
Heh, less than Tokyo Revengers. TR > CSM
Jul 25, 6:00 AM
Oct 2023
SimplyBrazen said:
rinnmakesmusic said:

It is correct. An anime adaptation is given the go-ahead if the stakeholders of the IP are willing to make a new project. However these stakeholders only make profit from the adaptation and in most cases it's hard for them to be 100% sure if a continuation is worth the money. That's why a lot of anime don't receive second seasons.

Nowadays it's a bit easier since streaming services have allowed for anime to be more profitable in comparison to a decade or two ago.

Except streaming services have done fuck all towards making studios more money. Not an accurate statement at all. To my limited knowledge (which I’m sure yours is as well) you listed a single reason among many. You didn’t even mention anything about the lack of physical copy sales, and that’s the actual reason that CSM is considered a flop in Japan.
Jul 25, 6:16 AM

May 2024
rinnmakesmusic said:
SimplyBrazen said:

Except streaming services have done fuck all towards making studios more money. Not an accurate statement at all. To my limited knowledge (which I’m sure yours is as well) you listed a single reason among many. You didn’t even mention anything about the lack of physical copy sales, and that’s the actual reason that CSM is considered a flop in Japan.

Streaming services get money to the stakeholders, and then the stakeholders share it with the studios based on agreed percentages. Physical copies in this day and age are useless. The only reason csm is considered a flop is cuz ppl still think BD sales play a role. My knowledge isn't perfect on this topic, but saying studios don't benefit at all is a very ignorant statement made by twitter users who base anything they say on outdated sources and don't care to look at the new data.
Jul 25, 6:20 AM
Oct 2023
SimplyBrazen said:
rinnmakesmusic said:

Streaming services get money to the stakeholders, and then the stakeholders share it with the studios based on agreed percentages. Physical copies in this day and age are useless. The only reason csm is considered a flop is cuz ppl still think BD sales play a role. My knowledge isn't perfect on this topic, but saying studios don't benefit at all is a very ignorant statement made by twitter users who base anything they say on outdated sources and don't care to look at the new data.

You’re not looking at new data, you’re looking at fabricated data lol. That and you can’t read. All I said was that streaming services have not changed the amount of money these studios make. The licenses are bought and the IP is distributed. Streaming royalties for distributors as far as I know are 50/50 and have always been so what’re you on about exactly? That hasn’t changed at all and studios are still getting wrung out by corporations like Sony. Sounds to me like you oughta actually partake in this “research” you speak of.
Jul 25, 6:25 AM

May 2024
rinnmakesmusic said:
SimplyBrazen said:

You’re not looking at new data, you’re looking at fabricated data lol. That and you can’t read. All I said was that streaming services have not changed the amount of money these studios make. The licenses are bought and the IP is distributed. Streaming royalties for distributors as far as I know are 50/50 and have always been so what’re you on about exactly? That hasn’t changed at all and studios are still getting wrung out by corporations like Sony. Sounds to me like you oughta actually partake in this “research” you speak of.

Tf does that have to do with anything? Studios can make fuck all for all I care, this wasn't the topic of discussion. New projects are completely decided by the companies and individuals who own the most shares. That's it.
Jul 25, 6:27 AM
Oct 2023
SimplyBrazen said:
rinnmakesmusic said:

Tf does that have to do with anything? Studios can make fuck all for all I care, this wasn't the topic of discussion. New projects are completely decided by the companies and individuals who own the most shares. That's it.

It doesn’t have anything to do with the original topic, just the nonsense you were spouting off lol. You don’t gotta get mad buddy, just stop saying dumb shit on the internet you know nothing about.
Jul 25, 6:30 AM
Oct 2023
SimplyBrazen said:
rinnmakesmusic said:

Btw the last 2 responses from you to me have explicitly been about how the studios make or don’t make money based off of streaming royalties. You can’t even track a conversation and you’re trying to hit me with all these academics, absolute joker shit😂
Jul 25, 6:34 AM

May 2024
Reply to rinnmakesmusic
SimplyBrazen said:
rinnmakesmusic said:

Btw the last 2 responses from you to me have explicitly been about how the studios make or don’t make money based off of streaming royalties. You can’t even track a conversation and you’re trying to hit me with all these academics, absolute joker shit😂
@rinnmakesmusic You diverged the conversation by ranting about studio shares and whatnot not me bruh, but ok.
Jul 25, 6:37 AM
Oct 2023
SimplyBrazen said:
@rinnmakesmusic You diverged the conversation by ranting about studio shares and whatnot not me bruh, but ok.

Ranting? I made an observation dumbass😂
Jul 25, 10:05 PM
Jul 2023
18927 said:
Heh, less than Tokyo Revengers. TR > CSM

Well, I think tokyo revengers is more popular, but you can't say TR > CSM just because it has more sales. Now I can't say that csm is better since I haven't watched TR yet, but you get my point

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 172 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jas-samaaa - Jul 23

66 by Cool_guy69swag »»
Yesterday, 4:48 PM

» I wish parts 1 and 2 were split into different entries

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23

31 by ShokatAli »»
Yesterday, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Green_Giorno - Dec 5, 2023

79 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jul 25, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 149 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Nov 21, 2023

71 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jul 25, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 127 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Apr 18, 2023

119 by ssafin »»
Jul 25, 8:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.