Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 11, 2023 10:14 AM
Jun 2022
This type of romance is my fav where the boy gave up on his love and think that he is nothing but trouble for her whereas the girl loves him and cares for him more than she realises . 1st episode seemed like scattered for i don't know what reason but this one seems really good . Desperately waiting for the next episode . And yeah , I guess a new girl is coming to his harem too
Jul 11, 2023 10:52 AM
Apr 2017
I love you equation around 18:40~
Jul 11, 2023 10:54 AM

Oct 2017
An irrelevant event from the previous episode was the main topic of this episode lol. Though like Rin senpai, it'll be fun to have more of her.
Jul 11, 2023 10:58 AM

Oct 2008
i feel like i'm watching a discount oregairu lolz
4/5.

Jul 11, 2023 11:31 AM

Mar 2022
I somehow like the yellow hoodie girl a lot. She seems fun and lowkey likes him I tell you :D 
Rin, for the days you need some serious love.

Tsundere-who?
Jul 11, 2023 11:46 AM

Oct 2019
Lol a lot of comments in the web talks about him like some sort of chad because he gives the tsundere a well earn cold shoulder. Not knowing that anime doesn't cover any of his inner thoughts where he goes absolutely  BALISTIC with his simping.
Jul 11, 2023 12:18 PM

May 2018
Raafalga said:
Lol a lot of comments in the web talks about him like some sort of chad because he gives the tsundere a well earn cold shoulder. Not knowing that anime doesn't cover any of his inner thoughts where he goes absolutely  BALISTIC with his simping.
The same goes for Hachiman. He also gets pretty depressed, but the anime didn't show that much. But Wataru when he gets serious is pretty cool, he's still going to have great moments.
Jul 11, 2023 12:44 PM

Oct 2019
MaouHero said:
Raafalga said:
The same goes for Hachiman. He also gets pretty depressed, but the anime didn't show that much. But Wataru when he gets serious is pretty cool, he's still going to have great moments.

The difference is that Hachiman actually likes himself very much. He just has a very cynical and skewed view of social ciircles and relationships. Wataru on the other hand has absolutely no self value, gets constantly shit on, has mental issues due to how his family treats him and the girl he is simping for is emotinally inapt on a clinical level. Only thing going for him is his somewhat rational thinking concerning other peoples problems.

Some calls this poor man's Oregairu but thats an insult to Oregairu in my book.
Jul 11, 2023 1:03 PM

May 2018
Raafalga said:
MaouHero said:

The difference is that Hachiman actually likes himself very much. He just has a very cynical and skewed view of social ciircles and relationships. Wataru on the other hand has absolutely no self value, gets constantly shit on, has mental issues due to how his family treats him and the girl he is simping for is emotinally inapt on a clinical level. Only thing going for him is his somewhat rational thinking concerning other peoples problems.

Some calls this poor man's Oregairu but thats an insult to Oregairu in my book.
There are big differences. Hacchiman hid behind his past to act out his complete negativity, and Hacchiman has complete shame and regret for the past. And Hacchiman also doesn't have much self-esteem, he always thinks he's being mocked and is sad at first. Wataru despite regretting his actions, he values everything that happened, as he has matured thanks to it. If compared, Wataru is much more mature than the hacchiman at the beginning of LN
And I disagree that Wataru has low self-esteem due to problems with his family, at most he has a kind of strange relationship with his sister due to the past.
Jul 11, 2023 1:09 PM
Jun 2023
i liked this episode, it gave me a good vibe and it feels less rushed to me in comparison to the first ep
Jul 11, 2023 2:52 PM
Sep 2021
Good episodes so far. really liking the character developments :D
Jul 11, 2023 7:02 PM
Jan 2017
Interesting. Seems to me that this going to be a bit like bunny girl senpai. A number of girls get advice from Sajo. The advice is helpful which naturally makes the young ladies like him.
Just an estimate, so we'll see how it plays out. At the very least, it's always refreshing to have a male lead with a head on his shoulders.
Jul 11, 2023 8:51 PM
Jun 2023
What's wrong with this Anime? Chapter after chapter we're just watching random girls appear in MC's life just to say and do random things that don't have any relation with the main topic. Man, we don't even know the actual reasons behind the MC letting alone that girl or the actual feelings of the girl. Will they show us just random stuff before they decide finally give a shit of actual development? One more chapter and I will drop this.
Jul 11, 2023 9:19 PM
Jul 2020
it was good looking forward for further context of the story
Jul 11, 2023 10:21 PM
Jul 2023
terg gfdvsdsdv fvvveverer
Jul 11, 2023 10:48 PM

Jul 2021
the first episode was nice but man this was just straight up trash, utter trash. 2/5.

also why is this being compared to oregairu? i don't get it.
TsutanaiFuunJul 11, 2023 10:54 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 12, 2023 1:36 AM

Apr 2015
Though I can't claim to have paid much attention I completely forgot what head girl senpai and the apparently autistic senpai did last week
Just confusing overall
Jul 12, 2023 3:20 AM
Jan 2018
There’s sth about this anime that has me keep watching but I don’t know what it is…
Jul 12, 2023 5:56 AM
May 2023
I am not convinced by the anime. I am not sure if I really like it and if I want to continue watching it. 
The characters were okay but I have no clue about the story. I feel a little bit confused but I think I might watch one more episode to decide wether I want to continue watching it or not. 
Jul 12, 2023 9:53 AM
Mar 2013
Two episodes, and I don't know how much more of this I can take. Literally everyone aside from the MC and maybe the two new girls is insufferable. The tsundere and her friend are just obnoxious and can't leave the guy alone. The tsundere's friend is actually worse than her in my opinion. Sure the tsundere girl does the usual give mixed signal nonsense, but I found her friend (and the MC's sister) a lot worse. The sister sticks her nose in his affairs, and really does not even try to see his side of things and blows him off just like the tsundere girl's friend does when he tries to share how he feels or his reasoning, which really got under my skin. On top of saying how he'll never be popular with girls just because he wants to have a normal relationship with someone...I was very put off (and livid) by it, and felt the sister deserved a smack even though we all know the MC wouldn't do that. Honestly, this guy needs to find better people to hang out with who are actual friends that care about him, cause the people he's around are terrible. I've seen school romance sure, but I've rarely hated the characters this much. I give it one more episode, cause I like the concept of a tsundere being given what she wants, only to start realizing she actually liked him, but my problem is how unlikable nearly everyone is and how they make it all about the tsundere girl with little regard for his side of things.
Jul 12, 2023 11:02 AM

Jan 2017
This anime is teetering perilously close to the drop-worthy category. Rarely do I deem anything as completely unwatchable (in this season, only ‘Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta’ has achieved that status so far), and I wouldn’t classify ‘Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha’ as overly irritating just yet, but it falls into the realm of being uninteresting enough to make me contemplate whether investing my time in a 25-minute episode that feels like 3 hours is worthwhile or not.

The problem is that the concept itself does have potential. The anime could have become something of a discount Bunny Girl Senpai with a more refined narrative that potentially exists in the source material, but unfortunately has been severely butchered in the adaptation. Although the pacing has slightly improved compared to the chaotic first episode, it remains abysmal. It feels as though they attempted to condense the entire light novel series into just a few episodes. Events unfold without proper significance, leaving everything feeling unimportant. The side girl introduced in the first episode, despite initially appearing as a crucial plot device, has practically vanished from the narrative. Other equally unlikable girls have taken her place, each burdened with their own personal problems. Yet, once again, they fail to capture my interest due to a prevailing sense of insignificance.

That’s how I’d asses the anime as a whole; it simply fails to captivate me. Impotent and limp, completely unable to make me care. It lacks the ability to grab my attention, lacks a compelling hook, lacks power, and shows no potential for improvement. It’s no more than background noise.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Jul 12, 2023 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
This show is so boring! My god. That and the plot is all over the place. There's currently three different things going on with the MC and nothing is happening. Ill give it one more episode but man this show sucks so far.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 12, 2023 10:35 PM

Nov 2017
He's channeling the inner Hachiman here :D Hopefully Aika gets across to him! OP hints at them but only slightly..
Jul 13, 2023 1:02 AM
Dec 2017
RedChrome said:
It still boring and crap, I'm not so sure if it will improve

I don't think so, it will be more boring
Jul 13, 2023 2:05 AM

Jul 2019
I have no idea what they're saying. It's like I get the words but not the meaning or something, for some reason. Still, I like this. It's got a nice pace and no dislikeable characters so far.
Jul 13, 2023 6:46 AM
Apr 2021
Good for early episode
Jul 13, 2023 4:33 PM
Aug 2019
Mariklyn said:
I have no idea what happened this episode. I just understand the MC gives great advice with a gloomy face, lol.

me too, Idk if I liked it or not
Why can't I find Sakura saku 31st chapter anywhere??
Jul 13, 2023 4:41 PM
Aug 2019
Exorrrr203 said:
still don't know what to think about this anime. What do you guys think of it?

I think that's too rushed, the plot is all messed up , I can't connect the first episode with the second it's isn't smooth .I like the MC but it's kinda boring the development
Why can't I find Sakura saku 31st chapter anywhere??
Jul 13, 2023 4:46 PM

Apr 2012
i was wondering why i am watching series i am not having fun with
after some thinking i realized why, for this1
i dont like aika so i love how she is all tsundere-like and she hurts his feeling and then SHE feels bad cose of it
i will drop this when it starts going towards a good end
*yes i know i am bad
Jul 13, 2023 5:14 PM

Jan 2022
Bubblesaturn said:
Mariklyn said:
I have no idea what happened this episode. I just understand the MC gives great advice with a gloomy face, lol.

me too, Idk if I liked it or not

Give it another episode. If you're undecided by three episodes, then it's not worth investing the time. But I think the show is picking up. Hopefully, it will get its stride by episode 3
Jul 13, 2023 8:29 PM
Sep 2021
I don’t get it the female lead starts liking the male lead because he’s leaving her alone as she asked. There’s no way of spinning it, you called him a creep and to leave you alone. It’s just stupid that she realizes or starts to like him when he’s moving on and has recognized that he’s being a creep and a stalker after the thousands of times, she’s called him the same thing or worse.

This just makes my head hurt. but I will still watch it.
Jul 14, 2023 5:08 AM
Jul 2023
i love it, its relate to me
Jul 14, 2023 5:47 AM
Feb 2023
Ok Thia Ep was good but not as good as the first one in the first one the pace was okay and main characters had more screen time in this one they spotlighted rin too much
Jul 14, 2023 12:17 PM
Nov 2022
Mi amigo simp, deja de ser simp, mientras que mas lindas wafles aparecen. Esta bueno el anime para pasar el rato.
Jul 14, 2023 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
holy shit a whole ep was wasted on this boring scenario of the disciplinary committee crap
the mc was naturally surrounded by bunch of girls who also didnt have any idea why they would look for and talk to the mc. just dumb.
Jul 15, 2023 3:48 AM

Sep 2020
Ok this might be one of the worst romcoms I've ever seen, a lot worse than the first half of Shikimori-san.
Jul 15, 2023 6:12 AM
Oct 2018
Probably this is what you call a "newly puber plot". But for me, this is a fresh plot.

It's rarely found where the MC feelings can be expressioned without him intendedly show his feeling in a proper way.

He underestimate himself, bury his thoughts, yet by his interaction with other characters, he can express his true feeling and being understood by others.

Other similar plot that i've read is "nyanta pomeko" manga, but it's... Rate it by yourself, and compare it to this.
Jul 15, 2023 12:13 PM

Oct 2010
I have quite mixed feelings. It is not good but not bad either. And not plain average too.
What I did notice that dialogs have some nuances that were lost in EN translation.
You also need to have some interest in interpersonal relationship to dig.
P.S. Some say Oregairu but I feel like flow is closer to Mamahaha.
Jul 15, 2023 9:07 PM

Jan 2012
You know, I had to do a double check because I was so lost during this episode that I could have sworn I accidentally missed 3 or 4 but no, this really is the second episode. I just watched the first less than a week ago and I still had barely any idea what the hell the characters were talking about in this one. And the dialogue itself sounded so stilted it was seriously distracting. I mean really, who the hell talks like that? Maybe it's all a side-effect of adapting a light novel? Maybe something got lost in translation? I dunno, but this was pretty bad. If this continues to baffle me like this for much longer I feel a drop coming...
Jul 15, 2023 9:29 PM
Jul 2019
Incredibly refreshing. It’s not to have a male character that moves on, and while I know he’s probably going to end back up with female lead, I’d prefer if the show instead phased her out entirely. I think the message of “move on when someone doesn’t want you” is healthier than “keep bugging a girl and then stop so that she’ll pay attention to you after you stop.” Shame he probably won’t end up with Rin, I like her the most.
Jul 16, 2023 8:59 AM

May 2009
What the fuck was this episode? It's it's nonsensical string of events.
Jul 16, 2023 1:32 PM

Jun 2016
Watching this episode really made me appreciate that this series is based on a light novel. It just screams B-Grade light novel through and through.

I'm really eagerly awaiting for some reviews to come out so I can get a clear sense of whether this series is actually any good or just preying on my lizard brain to keep me watching.
Jul 16, 2023 7:24 PM

Dec 2016
I really wanted to like this show because Gokumi Studios has done some moderate but enjoyable shows in the past, but not only the production values are quite rough the writing is such a mess, even for run of the mill light novel protagonist. Like for instance, MC needs to be called for assistance from pretty much everyone, despite him being considered somehow a creep because he tried to court a girl. The whole plotline with the shy girl makes absolutely no sense, and the morals prez girl feels incredibly hamfisted from her introduction to her motivation to ask for MCs advice.

I'll give this one one more episode just because redhead tsundere is the only saving grace so far (but even her excessive tsun stance can be quite overbearing)
KimurahJul 16, 2023 7:38 PM
Jul 17, 2023 6:49 AM

Oct 2017
Would be better if sajou ends up with other girl instead of aika

Jul 17, 2023 1:55 PM
May 2020
part time life mentor lol
Jul 20, 2023 9:28 AM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Jul 20, 2023 12:28 PM

Aug 2014
I feel so sad for Wataru :( I feel u bro :(
and also starting to dislike Aika
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 21, 2023 1:28 PM
Dec 2022
It could get better if only it wasn't much of a drag right now.
Jul 22, 2023 10:57 PM
Jul 2015
Amazing!!!...........
Jul 31, 2023 4:59 AM
Mar 2012
mc busy for Rin & oneesan, good diversion from currently boring Aika.
Feels more like Oregairu x workplace sol now. Sajou working as management consultant for Rin basically.
Sajou goes full sociology about Inatomi lol. He basically says Inatomi took a "secure" easy way out for her goal. A better way is to actively practice talking to Sajou, without Rin.
Stiff editting still & unnecessarily convoluted. There are better ways to clarify dialog while keeping the same ideas.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» I hope for 2nd season ( 1 2 )

LostInLove - Oct 15, 2023

53 by aurora_yuuki »»
Sep 23, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2023

147 by Sats »»
Aug 27, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2023

81 by Komlan_6 »»
Aug 22, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2023

91 by Kuri- »»
Aug 2, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2023

53 by hongjbin »»
May 28, 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.