Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2021 1:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

A teaser site was opened and an announcement video revealed for a follow-up anime film for Bakuten!! (Backflip!!) after the conclusion of the series' 12th and final episode on Friday.

Toshimasa Kuroyanagi (Fune wo Amu) helmed the television anime at Zexcs, and Toshizou Nemoto (Super Cub) handled the scripts and series composition. Yuka Shibata (Koi wa Ameagari no You ni) was the chief animation director and designed the characters. Yuki Hayashi (Haikyuu!!) composed the music.

Synopsis
Shoutarou Futaba has always loved sports, but he never became more than a benchwarmer on his middle school baseball team. After noticing a group of gymnasts practicing in the park, he decides to watch a rhythmic gymnastics tournament on a whim. Although displaying an exhilarating performance at the competition, the Shoushukan High School's Rhythmic Gymnastics Club placed second-to-last due to penalties acquired from not fielding a full six-man roster.

The demonstration of skill captivates Shoutarou, and he decides to enroll at Shoushukan in hopes of joining the team despite having no background in the sport. The club recruits him alongside Ryouya Misato, a prodigal gymnast who was the runner-up in a junior tournament.

Now with a full six-man roster, the team sets out to compete in the upcoming Inter-High tournament. As he strives to accomplish this ambitious endeavor, Shoutarou must learn and master the basics of rhythmic gymnastics all while working in tandem with his new teammates if Shoushukan wants to stand a chance at claiming the title. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Enpitsu Yotsugi and Kei Sakuraba began serializing a manga adaptation of Bakuten!! in Dessert magazine on January 22. Kodansha shipped the first volume on June 11.

The anime series was announced as part of "Zutto Ouen. Project 2011+10..." to promote tourism in regions affected by the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami.

Announcement

Official site: https://bakuten-movie.com/
Official Twitter: @bakuten_pr

Source: PR Times

Bakuten!! Movie on MAL
DatRandomDudeJun 24, 2021 2:49 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 24, 2021 2:03 PM
Jun 2021
i am really looking forward to it
Jun 24, 2021 2:03 PM
Apr 2021
Damn. Can’t wait for the movie

Hype!!
Jun 24, 2021 2:05 PM
Jun 2021
this anime deserve more hype!!!
Jun 24, 2021 2:17 PM

Mar 2016
I really wanna watch this!! I loved this anime!!! I hope we get a scene where Futaba, Misato and Tsukiyuki are just talking and being wholesome. lol
Jun 24, 2021 2:37 PM

Jun 2014
You cannot be serious.

One of the worst anime ever made is getting a movie? This makes no sense.

Jun 24, 2021 3:01 PM

Feb 2020
I really enjoyed the anime! Can’t wait for the movie
Jun 24, 2021 3:49 PM

Apr 2018
Glad that it's getting a movie, hopefully they'll win a competition for once xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 24, 2021 5:19 PM
Jan 2016
this anime is amazing and really deserves more attention! glad it's getting a movie
Jun 24, 2021 6:04 PM

Jun 2020
O M G yes!!!!!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 24, 2021 9:47 PM
Apr 2021
Omg I’m crying 😭😭😭 I’m so excitedddd, we’ll soar again guys for the movie !!!! 💗💗💗💗💗
Jun 25, 2021 12:27 AM

Apr 2016
Seiya said:
You cannot be serious.

What do you mean ? One of the worst anime ever made, does it have pretty boys ? It does, does it have awkward interactions between those pretty boys ? Again it does. So it makes a perfect sense.
Jun 25, 2021 3:26 AM

Mar 2021
Omg what? I’m so freakin excited. Bakuten was so fun to watch
Jun 25, 2021 5:10 AM

Apr 2012
There can be a lot of debate about quality and its subjectivity, but I don't think I need to explain why it could have been successful enough to continue.
Jun 25, 2021 6:35 AM
Oct 2018
Seiya said:
You cannot be serious.

you watched 1 episode shut up and move on with your life
Jun 25, 2021 6:41 AM
Mar 2021
Bacon24 said:
Seiya said:
You cannot be serious.

LMAOOOOOO,he always complaining
Jun 25, 2021 6:48 AM

Jun 2014
Bacon24 said:
Seiya said:
You cannot be serious.

No, I certainly won't shut up.

There's nothing exciting about people doing backflips. It's literally the most boring thing I've ever seen. Also, the guys in it are not attractive.

TokenBoy8 said:
Bacon24 said:

Well, if I don't like something, I have the right to voice my opinion on it, just like everyone else. There's nothing good about Bakuten.

Jun 25, 2021 7:05 AM
Mar 2021
Seiya said:
Bacon24 said:

There's nothing exciting about people doing backflips. It's literally the most boring thing I've ever seen. Also, the guys in it are not attractive.

TokenBoy8 said:

Well, if I don't like something, I have the right to voice my opinion on it, just like everyone else. There's nothing good about Bakuten.

Well for me a 16 year old guy, the guys in bakuten are attractive. doesn't mean you have to bring your bad energy to people who like the show though.
Jun 25, 2021 7:09 AM

Jun 2014
TokenBoy8 said:
Seiya said:

Well for me a 16 year old guy, the guys in bakuten are attractive. doesn't mean you have to bring your bad energy to people who like the show though.

Lol, "bad energy?"

If I don't like something, I'm allowed to state my opinion. You don't have to agree with my opinion, and that's fine.

Also, I know what hot anime boys look like, but I don't see anything in the Bakuten boys. Aburatsubo from "Mahoutsukai Tai" is what a hot guy looks like.

Jun 25, 2021 7:11 AM
Mar 2021
Seiya said:
TokenBoy8 said:

Lol, "bad energy?"

If I don't like something, I'm allowed to state my opinion. You don't have to agree with my opinion, and that's fine.

Also, I know what hot anime boys look like, but I don't see anything in the Bakuten boys. Aburatsubo from "Mahoutsukai Tai" is what a hot guy looks like.

Your mahoutskuai tai dude looks ugly to me, just an opinion right? we all got one right? i mean thats what u said
Jun 25, 2021 7:15 AM

Jun 2014
TokenBoy8 said:
Seiya said:

Lol, "bad energy?"

Your mahoutskuai tai dude looks ugly to me, just an opinion right? we all got one right? i mean thats what u said

Lol, I suppose that's true.

Well, I hate muscles and masculinity, but Aburatsubo is feminine, and I'm only attracted to feminine guys.

Jun 25, 2021 7:16 AM
Mar 2021
Seiya said:
TokenBoy8 said:

Lol, I suppose that's true.

Well, I hate muscles and masculinity, but Aburatsubo is feminine, and I'm only attracted to feminine guys.

I do like feminine guys too as well, but i do not like long hair
Jun 25, 2021 7:36 AM

Jun 2021
Seiya said:
You cannot be serious.

This is some odd and concerning behavior. Imagine being bothered by the fact that a harmless movie, that no one is forcing you watch, is coming out. Couldn't be me.
Jun 25, 2021 9:12 AM

Apr 2009
I don't think it was that successful or had that much presence, probably something that was already planned or sponsored. I wonder how much it will sell lol.

Jun 25, 2021 9:21 AM

Aug 2008
I really enjoyed the anime. I'm sad it's not getting a second season but I'll take a movie. xD

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
8 minutes ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.