Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 15, 2021 5:31 AM
Dec 2020
Idk I thought it got really disappointing as I watched it also seems like they skipped a few and I don’t even want to talk about the ending, S1 was better imo, if they were going to make another season they could’ve at least made it something decent to watch at least….
Jun 15, 2021 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
Imagine anime-onlies curiosity incase there was no s2
Jun 15, 2021 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
season 2 is what we call an absolute TRASH but its ending's a bit better than the Manga , but still the manga's ending is logical , so NO.. at least we got a different illogical but satisfying ending
Jun 15, 2021 5:41 AM
May 2020
Tbh, it wouldn't have been better to leave it at season 1. There were some questions which needed answers. But who knew that they will just shit the season 2
Jun 15, 2021 6:28 AM
Jan 2021
I honestly thought it was getting to push Goldie pawn to season 3. which I was excited for their new take, but to be honest I just show people season 1 because it was perfect.
Jun 15, 2021 6:33 AM
Feb 2021
The second season of TPN didn't reach up to everybodys expectations. But I think it's better to watch it, than just watch the first season. I did enjoy the second season, despite the circumstances. So I think it's still worth watching.
Jun 15, 2021 6:35 AM

Jul 2020
Ehh,it doesn't matter when I haven't watched season 2 lol.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 15, 2021 6:39 AM

Nov 2020
-Flaky- said:
Idk I thought it got really disappointing as I watched it also seems like they skipped a few and I don’t even want to talk about the ending, S1 was better imo, if they were going to make another season they could’ve at least made it something decent to watch at least….
something is better than nothing....

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jun 15, 2021 9:05 AM
Nov 2020
wild_drek said:
season 2 is what we call an absolute TRASH but its ending's a bit better than the Manga , but still the manga's ending is logical , so NO.. at least we got a different illogical but satisfying ending

The ending is the most out of logic thing in S2
I haven't read the manga but the Disney Princess ending totally didn't do justice to the dark yet fantasric S1
Jun 15, 2021 9:08 AM
Nov 2020
Scordolo said:
ma man
With how many times I've seen you in these daily threads I'm quite positive that u might even come Outta my fridge and even then I won't be surprised😂😂😂
Jun 15, 2021 9:25 AM

Jul 2020
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
-Flaky- said:

I would actually disagree.
DEEP_SLASHER said:
Scordolo said:
ma man
With how many times I've seen you in these daily threads I'm quite positive that u might even come Outta my fridge and even then I won't be surprised😂😂😂

Noice,you made me chuckle.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 15, 2021 10:19 AM
Jul 2020
I don't see how they wouldn't have made one considering the popularity of the show.
Jun 15, 2021 10:46 AM
Jul 2020
Lord_Volt said:
I don't see how they wouldn't have made one considering the popularity of the show.

Me neither but considering they ruined all the hard work they had constructing an entire fanbase, I wish they never had done s2 so I could only stay with the positive memories from s1
Jun 15, 2021 10:59 AM

Nov 2019
Even though S2 was so disappointing, I am at least happy the story got some kind of resolution for anime only watchers (even if it was a PowerPoint presentation for an ending lol). Probably just coping hard but at least the main characters got to the human world.
Jun 15, 2021 12:22 PM

Nov 2020
Scordolo said:
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:

DEEP_SLASHER said:
ma man

why would u disagree..?

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

Jun 15, 2021 12:36 PM

Jul 2020
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
Scordolo said:

why would u disagree..?

Nothing is better than to completely ruin the experience.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 15, 2021 2:06 PM

Oct 2008
The only thing that may have been wrong with this sequel is the ending (the last five or so minutes). Everything was pretty good actually.
Jun 15, 2021 2:14 PM
Apr 2021
No it would have been better if they just didn't rush to the end it's that simple
Jun 15, 2021 3:44 PM
Feb 2017
Absolutely, the anime (and the manga as well) pretty much butchered everything. I remember watching every episode of s1 as it aired weekly, damn it was a wonderful feeling, just thinking about what could be the world behind the walls, and all. The world I imagined was amazing (for me only, obviously). Everything beyond the children's escape is very different (would like to say trash but the Goldy pond arc was pretty good in the manga).
Whenever I recommend yakusoku no Neverland to anyone, I always say "watch the first season and assume it ended"
Jun 15, 2021 3:58 PM
Apr 2021
Personally think that the whole of seaosn two was extremely rushed and not well written. But without like an ending anime onlys would have no end. But season two could’ve been better if they had just stuck to the manga. They missed out so many great arcs and key parts in the plot.
Jun 15, 2021 3:59 PM
May 2021
wild_drek said:
I haven't finished season 2 yet but I personally think the manga's ending is amazing
Jun 15, 2021 4:00 PM
May 2021
zieek said:
The only thing that may have been wrong with this sequel is the ending (the last five or so minutes). Everything was pretty good actually.
have you read the manga?
Jun 15, 2021 5:59 PM
Apr 2021
Coming from an anime only

Yes. Much better. I’d rather they end it on a high note.
Jun 15, 2021 6:06 PM

Mar 2020
Yes, as someone who finished both manga and anime, this series should have just ended after the Grace Field Escape arc.
Everything after that is just lazy shounen writing and the magic from the start is gone after the Escape Arc.
Jun 15, 2021 6:15 PM
Jan 2021
If the first season ended without leaving the audience a lot of question then I agree (ex : OPM S1), but the problem is that season one did leave a lot of unanswered question and the last episode (of season one) sets up for season two. And that's only one of the problems.
Jun 15, 2021 8:54 PM

Jan 2020
The existence of season 2 is way worse considering how season 1's ending isn't honestly that bad (cliffhangery/gives you that feeling of wanting more but that doesn't equal bad, at least in this context)

Jun 15, 2021 11:47 PM
Feb 2021
No, i don't think so.The anime would be pretty good, if it didn't go orginal
Jun 15, 2021 11:47 PM
Feb 2021
No, i don't think so.The anime would be pretty good, if it didn't go orginal
Jun 16, 2021 12:24 AM

Apr 2018
zieek said:

So, we're just gonna blatantly ignore all the moments of absolutely terrible writing then, such as:

Note that i did not make any comparisons to the manga even once, I'm 100% anime-only here. I mean Jesus, man, do you want me to keep going? Did we even watch the same show? Heck, if you still liked and enjoyed it, then more power to ya; but you can't seriously sit there and tell me that "the ending was the only thing Season 2 did wrong".
Stygian_PrisonerJun 16, 2021 1:15 PM
Jun 16, 2021 2:51 AM

Oct 2008
Stygian_Prisoner said:
but you can't seriously sit there and tell me that "the ending was the only thing Season 2 did wrong".

Fine it had a lot of issues and it's not as good as s1. But would it have been better if we got nothing in stead. Yeah we got our expectations shat on. But at least someone paid attention to what we wanted, even if they didn't care about what we needed.
Jun 16, 2021 2:54 AM

Oct 2008
BP3 said:
have you read the manga?

Nope I don't read the manga for any anime, after I've seen it. And I hadn't read it before finding out about the anime, so I'm anime biased.
Jun 16, 2021 3:57 AM
May 2021
zieek said:
BP3 said:
have you read the manga?

Nope I don't read the manga for any anime, after I've seen it. And I hadn't read it before finding out about the anime, so I'm anime biased.
ohh that makes sense. Do you know why season 2s controversy has to do with the manga?
Jun 16, 2021 11:18 AM

Dec 2019
I mean yeah if this is the best they can do
Jun 16, 2021 3:20 PM
May 2020
wild_drek said:

i think the manga ending was much better didn’t the anime just show a slideshow basically to finish it off??
Jun 16, 2021 4:17 PM

Oct 2008
BP3 said:
Do you know why season 2s controversy has to do with the manga?

Do tell, what does it have to do with the manga.
Jun 16, 2021 5:12 PM

Apr 2018
zieek said:

Fine it had a lot of issues and it's not as good as s1. But would it have been better if we got nothing in stead. Yeah we got our expectations shat on. But at least someone paid attention to what we wanted, even if they didn't care about what we needed.

To be honest - yeah, I would've preferred to have gotten nothing if the alternative was this hot mess. If the publishers or w/e had made it clear that there wasn't going to be a Season 2, I would've been much more willing to switch over to the manga, because I was very curious to see how things would play out post-Gracefield arc... but I didn't, because I, like most viewers (both manga readers and anime-onlies), trusted that Cloverworks would deliver a well-made, faithful follow-up to S1.

Instead, we got this rushed abortion that not only completely fails on its own terms, but also actively ruins many of the mysteries and plot points that were taken straight from the manga (such as how demon society really works, the truth behind William Minerva and the Promise, and
), because the showrunners just couldn't be bothered to go with a fully anime-original storyline.

They clearly didn't pay as much attention as you think, because I assure you that nobody wanted this, not in this manner. If I had known from the start that S2 was gonna turn out the way it did, I would've avoided it like the plague and at least spared myself all the manga spoilers it would give me.

Heck, if you go over to S1's MAL page, you'll even see there's a thread discussing how its score, favorites and character favorites counts have seen a notable decline in the months since S2's release; so it's undeniable that S2's existence is already retroactively, and negatively, affecting the goodwill that S1 still has.
Jun 16, 2021 5:18 PM
May 2021
o
zieek said:
BP3 said:
Do you know why season 2s controversy has to do with the manga?

Do tell, what does it have to do with the manga.
so you don't know. where to begin, they deleted multiple arcs, characters, and changed major plot points with an anime-only ending (1st season: 37 manga chapters adapted. 2nd season: finishes the story but bad. the manga has 186 chapters and is amazing) if you were read the manga for any anime, i think this would be the one
Jun 16, 2021 10:48 PM
Mar 2021
I mean ... as long as you are not a Norman fan you could. When i started tpn season 2 was getting animated and everyone said how shit it is so i actually planned on finishing season 1 and then dropping the anime ( I am a lazy bastard so i just continued with the anime tho )
Jun 17, 2021 3:07 AM

Oct 2008
Stygian_Prisoner said:

Heck, if you go over to S1's MAL page, you'll even see there's a thread discussing how its score, favorites and character favorites counts have seen a notable decline in the months since S2's release; so it's undeniable that S2's existence is already retroactively, and negatively, affecting the goodwill that S1 still has.

I agree that the 2nd season was a far cry from what we would have liked to get and the furthest from what we needed. But for me, if I've seen the first season of an anime, I feel obliged to watch any continuation that may follow. Or at least give it a try, before dropping it.
The fact is I didn't love s1 as much as the rest and even before all the shit surrounding s2 I put off watching it for a while. The fans and their reactions to s2 didn't help. But I still started it, with zero expectations and didn't end up dropping it. That tells me that it wasn't as bad as everyone belives it to be and I didn't need to avoid it as much as I did.
Lastly lowering the score of s1 , as a result of how people felt about s2, is the stupidest, most immature thing a bunch of buthurt children could have done. You guys liked s1 and now because you feel betrayed by s2 you are throwing a tantrum and making yourselves look bad.
Jun 18, 2021 1:33 AM
Jun 2016
Well I was lucky, after watching 1st ep, I lagged for two weeks and then saw, that this is some next level messed and so ignored it for the season and at the end when came back, I was sure, this is to be dropped and I got saved from disappointment.
Jun 20, 2021 9:28 PM
Sep 2011
personally i stopped watching at 3rd episode of 2nd season and very happy about it.
it is like extras after 1st season.
Jun 24, 2021 11:20 AM
Dec 2020
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
-Flaky- said:
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
-Flaky- said:

yea the manga.........................
Jun 24, 2021 12:32 PM

Nov 2020
Ruminas said:
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:

yea the manga.........................

sorry i didnt understand what u are trying to say....

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.