Forum Settings
Forums

Smartphone Game 'Stand My Heroes' Receives OVA

New
May 9, 2021 6:48 PM

Mar 2017

The Wishful Spring Party premium event for the Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth anime series announced an original video anime (OVA) on Sunday. The official website also revealed an announcement promo.

The OVA will be based on the Narumi Seo character map story event that was featured in the smartphone game in April 2018. Seo, who has a unique memory disorder, will appear alongside other heroes of the Seo Research Laboratory in the OVA.

M.S.C. produced the Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth television anime that aired for 12 episodes in Fall 2019. Funimation distributed the series on home video in North America last October.

coly Inc. developed the Stand My Heroes smartphone game and released it on iOS and Android platforms in September 2016. In the game, the player assumes the role of the heroine, a new officer in the Narcotics Control Department of the Ministry of Health (Matori). As the only woman in the department, it is her job to scout "talented" men.

Announcement

Source: animate Times

Stand My Heroes OVA on MAL
ImperfectBlueMay 9, 2021 10:37 PM
May 9, 2021 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
Honestly, I remember this title more because the woke folks celebrated the lack of obvious romance in the show, almost openly saying that platonic relationships between characters of the opposite sex are very progressive.
May 9, 2021 11:36 PM

Apr 2016
I was really hoping for a second season, but an OVA is great news as well! Can't wait to see Shion and Ikuto animated!
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

May 9, 2021 11:42 PM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:
Honestly, I remember this title more because the woke folks celebrated the lack of obvious romance in the show, almost openly saying that platonic relationships between characters of the opposite sex are very progressive.

That honestly sounds really dumb. The show didn't have much romance most probably because of the lack of time and having too many characters. The game on the other hand has a lot of romance elements, because each of the characters' story is about dating them (all of their cards' stories as well).
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

May 10, 2021 12:10 AM

Apr 2016
Oof, one look at the user reviews and mean score tells me this is another one of those stellar mobile game adaptations.
May 10, 2021 6:24 AM

Jul 2017
A mindlessly boring reverse harem detective show got an OVA?

Thanks but no thanks, quickly remembered when it started and quickly forgot about it when it ended.
May 10, 2021 6:26 AM

Apr 2012
kasgier said:
RobertBobert said:

That honestly sounds really dumb. The show didn't have much romance most probably because of the lack of time and having too many characters. The game on the other hand has a lot of romance elements, because each of the characters' story is about dating them (all of their cards' stories as well).

Well, that's typical anime journalism today. They will praise the plot incredibly for the apparent lack of romantic interaction, but any subplot about the friendship of two guys or girls will immediately be extolled as the new Romeo and Juliet.
May 10, 2021 2:46 PM
May 2007
Koyasu ♥
Not all hope is lost. I get to finally see Seo animated. I'd love some more romance.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

11 by Yubisoft »»
6 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
42 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
8 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.