Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (136) « First ... « 131 132 [133] 134 135 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2020 6:43 AM
Nov 2020
deg said:

lol that spoiler damn ye that will certainly happen XD

Isayama is the second coming of Tomino (Gundam creator)

He did everything he can to hurt the readers 😎 ISAYAMA GOAT
Dec 9, 2020 6:53 AM

Jan 2009
hinako49 said:
deg said:

lol that spoiler damn ye that will certainly happen XD

Isayama is the second coming of Tomino (Gundam creator)

He did everything he can to hurt the readers 😎 ISAYAMA GOAT

he is also a math genius for sure

*insert the numbers Mason or Isayama what do they mean GIF here*
Dec 9, 2020 7:03 AM

Jul 2019
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Episode 2 Staff

Script: Hiroshi Seko
Storyboard and Director: Tokudo Daisuke (Storyboard and Director: AoT S1 ep17, director: OP1, Director: Owari no seraph)
Chief Animation Director: Daisuke Niinuma
Animation Director: Dae Yeol PARK, Kaori Kishi
I very much like the director, the AD on the other hand, not so much.
Dec 9, 2020 7:06 AM

Jan 2009
VP2003boi said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Episode 2 Staff

Script: Hiroshi Seko
Storyboard and Director: Tokudo Daisuke (Storyboard and Director: AoT S1 ep17, director: OP1, Director: Owari no seraph)
Chief Animation Director: Daisuke Niinuma
Animation Director: Dae Yeol PARK, Kaori Kishi
I very much like the director, the AD on the other hand, not so much.

its full of talking episode though so ye 2 ADs is enough and even mid level ADs is enough
Dec 9, 2020 7:09 AM

Jul 2019
Vercreek, a great animator, confirmed his presence on the show https://twitter.com/Vercreek/status/1336675554649464833 He is mostly just talking how bad the working conditions are, tho.
Dec 9, 2020 7:25 AM

Sep 2018
deg said:
VP2003boi said:
Vercreek, a great animator, confirmed his presence on the show https://twitter.com/Vercreek/status/1336675554649464833 He is mostly just talking how bad the working conditions are, tho.

I don't know, but from what I see, the corrections for the key animation (drawing quality check) is very very worrying...

I would compare it to opm s2

😬😬😬

maybe after episode 3 we will see that worry of his, its hard to maintain AD consistency on a very tight schedule anyway

And people were mad at me when I said first ep was only slightly better than OPM S2 lmao.
Dec 9, 2020 7:30 AM
May 2019
SirTristram said:
deg said:

I don't know, but from what I see, the corrections for the key animation (drawing quality check) is very very worrying...

😬😬😬

maybe after episode 3 we will see that worry of his, its hard to maintain AD consistency on a very tight schedule anyway

And people were mad at me when I said first ep was only slightly better than OPM S2 lmao.

in fact what you say is completely false. the first episode of this season of Attack on Titan is on a different level than OPM 2. For the future we will see but your negativity is only toxic
Dec 9, 2020 7:35 AM

Sep 2018
deg said:
lol also i suggest you read his comments on that thread its very interesting

Yeah, I already read it. I also read kViN's thread about MAPPA taking on too many projects and their 200 employee being enough for said projects is a terrible take in the anime community.

It's good to see people in the business, or people who involved in this stuff, say similar things to me.
Dec 9, 2020 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
deg said:
I've worked on a Attack on Titan and Jujutsu Kaisen. There are a lot of things I can't reveal but it was very hectic. Improper quality corrections, overburdened staff and sudden staff changes and everyone being busy. Most of us were a month late to the actual schedule https://twitter.com/Vercreek/status/1336662047849758721

yep looks like future episodes will not look as good as episode 1

😨😨😨

The same for jjk as well and no one is going pointing out that since persons always said, jjk is being priotize more than snk, so to them jjk production is perfect, but on a second thought jjk is much easier to produce than snk, because it looks really average looking and the first episode of snk looks 10x times better. Though I only watch 3 episodes of that series.

Also the production schedule has always been hell, acting like this is news when we new this all along.

I still come to this thread for interesting info, but if it's all about how the production is hellish, then its best I avoid it.

Dec 9, 2020 7:48 AM
May 2019
Exactly, I only know that s3 part 2 in theory should have been a complete disaster to feel the production conditions but then we all know how it turned out
Dec 9, 2020 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:
deg said:
I've worked on a Attack on Titan and Jujutsu Kaisen. There are a lot of things I can't reveal but it was very hectic. Improper quality corrections, overburdened staff and sudden staff changes and everyone being busy. Most of us were a month late to the actual schedule https://twitter.com/Vercreek/status/1336662047849758721

😨😨😨

The same for jjk as well and no one is going pointing out that since persons always said, jjk is being priotize more than snk, so to them jjk production is perfect, but on a second thought jjk is much easier to produce than snk, because it looks really average looking and the first episode of snk looks 10x times better. Though I only watch 3 episodes of that series.

Also the production schedule has always been hell, acting like this is news when we new this all along.

I still come to this thread for interesting info, but if it's all about how the production is hellish, then its best I avoid it.

dude lol im just stating a fact that JJK is still top priority of MAPPA because they are more higher in the production committee of it thats it i do not mean anything more than that just stating a fact lol

heck they are just slightly ahead than in the production committee of Attack on Titan so the final season will get priority for them too since the profit will be crazy if they delivered good

also in terms of first episode JJK has better animation or movements than Attack on Titan final season for sure

yes the production has always been hell but now its more hellish that even WIT studio quit and now MAPPA uses 3DCG for all main titans just to speed up the production (but personally im fine with 3DCG) and the 2D animation is just average on the first episode compared to other high profile shows and for a 1 cour show too
Dec 9, 2020 8:14 AM

Jan 2018
@keragamming
the first episode of snk looks 10x times better.

Lmao with all the blurr and cgi it looks 10x better than jjk? Yeah sure
SoukaTheRealDec 9, 2020 8:17 AM
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Dec 9, 2020 8:22 AM
Oct 2015
That 1 week holyday break almost seems pre ordained lol.

I am guessing once ep 6 and beyond start releaseing we will start noticing the production problems.

The first red flag will be the number of ADs for ep 5, lets see if they can keep it below 5
Dec 9, 2020 8:28 AM
Jun 2020
Yoshimichi Kameda worked on opening of final season so we can expect him in actual episodes and some one also said that titan transformation are done by him
CantFindGoodNameDec 9, 2020 8:32 AM
Dec 9, 2020 8:58 AM

Aug 2020
keragamming said:
deg said:

😨😨😨

10x times??? in what world?

i think you need to look at it from unbiased prespective
Dec 9, 2020 9:14 AM

Aug 2020
deg said:
VP2003boi said:

😬😬😬

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/Sake31456829/status/1336645087376384001

Q: From your point of view how is the working situation in MAPPA are they doing well or exhaustion is kicking in

A: t's not going well...I am worried about the quality and the staff..

I am not allowed to talk about it, but I think it will be reflected in the future episodes aot and jjk

there were also back-to-back episodes in productions so it was hectic

Yikes,i wanted to keep some of the hope i had god damn it

fking HELL,i really hope they cancel it if it gets to OPMS2 point and remake it at some point, i don't want AOT to get such a shiity end
Dec 9, 2020 9:14 AM

Jul 2020
@deg they gotta understand that Snk should be the top priority.I mean it's the final season.They should give us a proper send off.When Jujutsu Kaisen finishes airing it will be easily forgotten and will not be talked by the anime community like Mob psycho fandom is silent after season 2.Only the old big 3 attack on titan demon slayer and My hero academia are being talked about in the anime community.You've got the idea.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 9, 2020 9:16 AM

Aug 2020
Scordolo said:
@deg they gotta understand that Snk should be the top priority.I mean it's the final season.They should give us a proper send off.When Jujutsu Kaisen finishes airing it will be easily forgotten and will not be talked by the anime community like Mob psycho fandom is silent after season 2.Only the old big 3 attack on titan demon slayer and My hero academia are being talked about in the anime community.You've got the idea.

AOT has the possibility to be a classic that's talked about for decades unlike the three other series you put.

its really sad,i really hate pony/kodansha.
Dec 9, 2020 9:21 AM

May 2016
Are we really gonna ignore that Wit's working schedules was also pretty fucked and they managed?
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 9, 2020 9:26 AM

Jan 2018
Scordolo said:

You don't even know the future of jjk so how could you say it will be easily forgotten ?
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Dec 9, 2020 9:28 AM

Sep 2018
HyperL said:
Are we really gonna ignore that Wit's working schedules was also pretty fucked and they managed?

The main issue comes from the fact even from the first episode the schedule problems can be seen which shouldn't be the case if you don't want a failed production long before the half point.

Wit "managed", but as we all know the overall quality little by little fell throughout the season. Considering the S3P2 ep1 were miles better than this, anyone who think it wasn't don't need to worry about quality lol, you can get the idea what does that mean for this season.

Not every behind the scene issue reflect to the final product, but this already reflected many times be it rumors, leaks and the first ep. It's better to expect a failure at certain point.
Dec 9, 2020 9:29 AM

Nov 2008
Sad7727 said:
AOT has the possibility to be a classic that's talked about for decades unlike the three other series you put.

Yup. And honestly, we're talking Neon Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop generation-defining level of classic here. The Final Season just needs way more time and/or care to reach the kind of maturity that it deserves imho.
Dec 9, 2020 9:42 AM

Oct 2016
MironBiron said:
Sad7727 said:

Yup. And honestly, we're talking Neon Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop generation-defining level of classic here. The Final Season just needs way more time and/or care to reach the kind of maturity that it deserves imho.

Not sure what you guys are on about. Even with Mappa doing this final season, AOT will still reach that classic level as long as Mappa just provides a solid good adaptation, which I think they will definitely do. Now obviously if they had more time and a better schedule, than they could provide much more than just a good adaptation, however regardless AOT is still going to go down as a classic. The 3 seasons WIT did were fantastic in almost every department. And even if this final season is a step down from WIT, it will still be good in almost every department. The adaption of this final season is not going to be the verdict that determines the classic status of AOT. The verdict will be how the manga ends. As long as the manga gets a good ending, Mappa just needs to provide a good adaption. I will say so far after episode 1, Mappa is on the right track.
Dec 9, 2020 9:43 AM

May 2016
Yeah, but how profitable is AoT in Japan. Everyone knows legacy means shit to a industry. What always mattered in capitalism is the short term returns of a project. Does Aot adaptations make those quick big returns compared to those other shows getting A team treatment?
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 9, 2020 9:46 AM

Sep 2018
HyperL said:
Yeah, but how profitable is AoT in Japan. Everyone knows legacy means shit to a industry. What always mattered in capitalism is the short term returns of a project. Does Aot adaptations make those quick returns compared to those other shows getting A team treatment?

It was of course profitable, but not for Wit. If only they were treated right and had a seat in the committee they wouldn't need to work on other projects while working on AoT and eventually drop it because of the burnout.

After that, committee wouldn't search for a new studio and MAPPA wouldn't pick it up if it wasn't profitable.
Dec 9, 2020 10:03 AM
Aug 2019
SirTristram said:
HyperL said:
Yeah, but how profitable is AoT in Japan. Everyone knows legacy means shit to a industry. What always mattered in capitalism is the short term returns of a project. Does Aot adaptations make those quick returns compared to those other shows getting A team treatment?

It was of course profitable, but not for Wit. If only they were treated right and had a seat in the committee they wouldn't need to work on other projects while working on AoT and eventually drop it because of the burnout.

After that, committee wouldn't search for a new studio and MAPPA wouldn't pick it up if it wasn't profitable.

Actually the biggest problem was that the project was intended for Production I.G. a big studio that was capable of handling such a project while Wada and Araki who were associated with them moved to the new created wit studio.

Funny enough they still are on the commitee despite wit doing all the work after season 1, getting money and watching their child company bleed. That why I don‘t understand why they didn‘t step in to do anything in all this mess and letting another studio do the animation. It’s just so wierd what happened on the management level. I don‘t even think this can be blamed on the japanese work culture. These decisions from them aren‘t making any sense.

However in the end it‘s quite obvious that the quality of the end product was never really important for any member on the commitee. We only got this incredible treatment because wit‘s staff was so passionate about it.
ForwardMoverDec 9, 2020 10:09 AM
Dec 9, 2020 10:09 AM

Nov 2008
crypt0l0gy said:
However in the end it‘s quite obvious that the quality of the end product was never really important for any member of the commitee. We only got this incredible treatment because wit‘s staff was so passionate about it.

I'll be grateful and proud and eternally happy that they did it but fuck, this hurts.

At least we'll have WIT Studio's adaptation of Attack on Titan up until the Ocean to look back on. What a masterpiece.
Dec 9, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2016
MironBiron said:
crypt0l0gy said:
However in the end it‘s quite obvious that the quality of the end product was never really important for any member of the commitee. We only got this incredible treatment because wit‘s staff was so passionate about it.

I'll be grateful and proud and eternally happy that they did it but fuck, this hurts.

At least we'll have WIT Studio's adaptation of Attack on Titan up until the Ocean to look back on. What a masterpiece.

Is this season really that fucked to you?
Dec 9, 2020 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
WillofFire700 said:
Not sure what you guys are on about. Even with Mappa doing this final season, AOT will still reach that classic level as long as Mappa just provides a solid good adaptation, which I think they will definitely do.

Classics can't be born out of greed and desperation bro.

Classics happen when a group of talented individuals come together and create a passionate work that has its own distinguishable identity.

The first episode of The Final Season of Attack on Titan doesn't have its own identity and KODANSHA are to blame. I'm sure if they weren't working under such horrible pressure we would've gotten something incredibly unique.
Dec 9, 2020 10:23 AM

Nov 2008
HyperL said:

No no no! It's decent! It just isn't something that I would normally watch if it wasn't for the source material. I look for certain, cinematographic elements in anime and Attack on Titan used to have a lot of them, but those seem to be lacking in the first episode of its Final Season.
Dec 9, 2020 10:24 AM
Apr 2018
Despite the production issues I believe this season will still be by far the best season so far as long as it's faithful and is above average in animation.

I don't think we'll see a quality drop to OPM S2 (I don't think any of their works will drop to that level even through hell as their staff is still talented) as after the first climax as the effort required for the rest of the episodes till the next major fight will require demand much less from the staff. These episodes could be dependent on smart cutting and stills similar to WIT.

I don't expect a WIT level adaptation in the slightest but I think MAPPA will still pull off a good adaptation despite issues.
Dec 9, 2020 10:38 AM

May 2016
MironBiron said:
HyperL said:

No no no! It's decent! It just isn't something that I would normally watch if it wasn't for the source material. I look for certain, cinematographic elements in anime and Attack on Titan used to have a lot of them, but those seem to be lacking in the first episode of its Final Season.

Cinematographic elements such as what? Unorthodox and changing angles ala Eren vs Reiner in S2? Zoom out scenes like whenever a bunch of soldiers traveled on horseback? Multiframe sakuga moments like whenever Levi was the focus?
Dec 9, 2020 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
MAPPA added lots of new scenes and details, and it's only first episode.
Dec 9, 2020 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
Scordolo said:

the anime industry is a capitalist at first so maximizing profit while minimizing cost is their goal all along anyway so im sure they care about Attack on Titan when it comes to profit matters since they are part of the production committee and im sure they taken this project knowing full well they can be part of that ownership to rake up those royalties

One Punch Man Season 2 despite being a huge title still suffered from bad animation compared to other 1 cour show but to be fair JC Staff is not part of its production committee though
Dec 9, 2020 10:51 AM
Jan 2019
Don't forget guys with Mappa outsourcing all of these CGI scenes, a lot of weight is taken off the back of the studio, so, 80%sure the quality won't drop.
Dec 9, 2020 11:04 AM

Nov 2008
HyperL said:
Cinematographic elements such as what? Unorthodox and changing angles ala Eren vs Reiner in S2? Zoom out scenes like whenever a bunch of soldiers traveled on horseback? Multiframe sakuga moments like whenever Levi was the focus?

Really well composited scenes that bring out the texture of each object on the screen to its fullest. Color palettes with outspoken contrast. Dynamic camerawork during action scenes. Beautifully lit and well placed in-between backgrounds that made the series look like an oil-painting. Three-dimensional storyboards and clever angles that make one feel as if they are immersed into the scene. Lens flares and other photographic details that gave the series the visual appeal of a Hollywood film.
Dec 9, 2020 11:04 AM
Aug 2019
MironBiron said:
WillofFire700 said:
Not sure what you guys are on about. Even with Mappa doing this final season, AOT will still reach that classic level as long as Mappa just provides a solid good adaptation, which I think they will definitely do.

Classics happen when a group of talented individuals come together and create a passionate work that has its own distinguishable identity.

The first episode of The Final Season of Attack on Titan doesn't have its own identity and KODANSHA are to blame. I'm sure if they weren't working under such horrible pressure we would've gotten something incredibly unique.

I guess we‘re really thinking alike. While it‘s not bad it really missed the special touch it had before. I also mentioned „losing it identity“ in previous comments before just like you did. So I really understand your perspective and why it hurts thinking about what could have been and what we‘re used to before. The hype and anticipation didn’t help at all lmao. I myself decided to put it on pause and maybe catch up to the story after the manga finishes because if it continues this way there is no way I’ll be satisfied watching it.

But it is what is, all these discussions here and always thinking about it in a unhealthy way don‘t help to better your mood either. At least we now know where the bar is set and have to get over it.

So all we can do now is either adapt our expectations or dropping it completely. I‘m happy for the people who seem to enjoy it and don’t want to ruin their experience. The only thing that bugs me is that every critique on MAPPA is treated like hate. As if they couldn‘t do anything wrong and everything is perfect. Nobody here is trying to talk down the work they put in but objectively speaking the end product is a step down and more and more people will come to realize it when the production falls apart in the future episodes if the rumors are true.
ForwardMoverDec 9, 2020 11:12 AM
Dec 9, 2020 11:15 AM

May 2016
MironBiron said:
HyperL said:

Really well composited scenes that bring out the texture of each object on the screen to its fullest. Color palettes with outspoken contrast. Dynamic camerawork during action scenes. Beautifully lit and well placed in-between backgrounds that made the series look like an oil-painting. Three-dimensional storyboards and clever angles that make one feel as if they are immersed into the scene. Lens flares and other photographic details that gave the series the visual appeal of a Hollywood film.

So I was half right. Half of those are about camera angles. The other half are a matter of artstyle and lighting effects.
Dec 9, 2020 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
crypt0l0gy said:
I guess we‘re really thinking alike. While it‘s not bad it really missed the special touch it had before. I also mentioned „losing it identity“ in previous comments before just like you did.

The staff could've produced a show with its own identity. I'm 100% sure about that. Each of Hayashi's shows have their very own, distinct audiovisual identity and it sucks that there wasn't any time to develop that here. (I repeat: Hayashi was still working on Dorohedoro during the production of the first episode of The Final Season.)

crypt0l0gy said:
I myself decided to put it on pause and maybe catch up to the story after the manga finishes because if it continues this way there is no way I’ll be satisfied watching it.

So you're not a manga reader?

I decided to buy volumes 23-30 after the release of the PV and it was the best possible decision I could have made. The experience was as beautiful as my experience of WIT Studio's Attack on Titan.
Dec 9, 2020 11:21 AM
Oct 2015
Mark my words, I say this not as the huge AOT fan I am, and I am of the opinion the CGI titans while good, are no way a equal or better replacement than 2D animation, not even close. Its gonna be jarring when re watching the series jumping from S3 to this season every time.

what I say now is as someone who has seen the rise and fall of many series throughout the years, beyond just MAL or Reddit or Twitter

If the current quality in both animation and adaptation is maintained from the first ep, this first 16 episodes from the final season will be recognized as the best season of AOT alongside of S3p2 at the very least.

Animation quality is important, but AOT did not became the beloved series it is today with S1 or 2 or s3 p1 but with S3 p2, despite that season having a clear downgrade in animation, it still managed to enthroned AOT as a great series, no longer being regarded as overrated or very good, but truly great, in the same realm of FMA, HxH LOGH etc.

The same will happen to this season if they keep the same quality of the first ep ( which is still a who knows situation ).

Dec 9, 2020 11:22 AM
Aug 2019
MironBiron said:
So you're not a manga reader?

I decided to buy volumes 23-30 after the release of the PV and it was the best possible decision I could have made. The experience was as beautiful as my experience of WIT Studio's Attack on Titan.

I didn’t really read the manga yet. I felt like the anime of AoT always elevated the source material unlike other adaptations such has One Piece for example.

Thanks for the suggestion :) I probably will however I‘m not the fan of waiting one month per chapter tho. That‘s why I think I‘ll wait till the last chapter releases.
Dec 9, 2020 11:24 AM
Nov 2020
MironBiron said:
HyperL said:

Mostly agree with you.the second season was in different level but don't act like all of the seasons were that good.s3p2 lacked the most of things you mentioned too.storyboards were copy of manga panels ,no creative choice except imai action work),some scenes weren't translated good from manga to anime,the art was't as good as before,a lot of off models.at least for me the show lost a lot of its positive things(which made the show different with others) in s3 p2.
Dec 9, 2020 11:28 AM

Oct 2016
MAQS said:
Mark my words, I say this not as the huge AOT fan I am, and I am of the opinion the CGI titans while good, are no way a equal or better replacement than 2D animation, not even close. Its gonna be jarring when re watching the series jumping from S3 to this season every time.

what I say now is as someone who has seen the rise and fall of many series throughout the years, beyond just MAL or Reddit or Twitter

If the current quality in both animation and adaptation is maintained from the first ep, this first 16 episodes from the final season will be recognized as the best season of AOT alongside of S3p2 at the very least.

Animation quality is important, but AOT did not became the beloved series it is today with S1 or 2 or s3 p1 but with S3 p2, despite that season having a clear downgrade in animation, it still managed to enthroned AOT as a great series, no longer being regarded as overrated or very good, but truly great, in the same realm of FMA, HxH LOGH etc.

The same will happen to this season if they keep the same quality of the first ep ( which is still a who knows situation ).

Yep this is my exact point of view. Hard agree on this.
Dec 9, 2020 11:37 AM

Oct 2016
MironBiron said:
WillofFire700 said:

Nah it will still be a classic. I understand your point of view, but the majority of people really enjoyed this first episode. Yes greed does exist, but greed always exists. There is greed involved in every major production as money/profit is always the main goal. However, it is important that the actual staff members are passionate, and that still seems to be the case here. Also art and animation are not everything. You seem to be disregarding things like story, voice acting, soundtrack, etc. I know you found problems with those aspects as well, but even the people who hated the cgi, still agree that mostly every other aspect was done well. As long as the majority love the adaption and season, it will still be a classic.
In addition there is still seasons 1-3 of AOT that still make up for over half the series. Even if season 4 is a step down, everything in totality will still make AOT legendary.
Dec 9, 2020 11:51 AM

Oct 2020
How do you guys think they'll adapt the next Marley chapters? I had an idea like this:
I_Am_FreeballingDec 9, 2020 11:54 AM
Dec 9, 2020 11:57 AM

Nov 2008
MAQS said:
Animation quality is important, but AOT did not became the beloved series it is today with S1 or 2 or s3 p1 but with S3 p2, despite that season having a clear downgrade in animation, it still managed to enthroned AOT as a great series,

But S3P2 still had its very own and distinct audiovisual identity that had been crafted by a group of talented individuals over a period of 7 years. It might be lacking in animation but literally every frame is filled with so much research and identity that it can easily withstand its animation-bond limits.

mab03 said:
Mostly agree with you.the second season was in different level but don't act like all of the seasons were that good.s3p2 lacked the most of things you mentioned too.storyboards were copy of manga panels ,no creative choice except imai action work),some scenes weren't translated good from manga to anime,the art was't as good as before,a lot of off models.at least for me the show lost a lot of its positive things(which made the show different with others) in s3 p2.

I don't agree with this. S3P2, while being a much more limited adaptation, is still exploding with solid cinematographic and directional choices that all carry within them the distinctive identity of Attack on Titan.

Whether that's the beautiful camerawork during the transformation in "The Town Where It All Began", the perfectly scored monologue in "Thunder Spears", the easily readable layers of poetic flashbacks in "Descent", the clouds of blood in "Perfect Game", the perfectly staged, overwhelmingly tragic character moments in "Hero", the intense and deeply personal usage of close-ups in "Midnight Sun", the scenery/ruin porn in "The Basement", the fairytale-like storyboards in "That Day", the dancing, cloudy skies in "The Attack Titan" or the brightly saturated faces and backgrounds in "To the Other Side of the Wall", Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 2 is still filled with identity in each and every corner.
Dec 9, 2020 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
AnimeAjay - https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/1336756378505981959

Me a few weeks ago: Attack on Titan Season 4's schedule is tough, corrections are poor, and animators are struggling with the designs

Titan fans: Stop making things up and being a doomer. Who even are you?

MAPPA-affiliated animator today: confirming all of it

I love Attack on Titan, and I want this final season to succeed more than anyone. Me reporting on a problematic production doesn't change that. The state of the production doesn't even necessarily mean you'll even notice it on screen; I mean, just look at WIT's three seasons!

They all had terrible schedules, and very rarely would you notice outside of the odd low priority episode or choice moments that were fixed for the BDs. I don't say these things to "cover my back", I say them because they're the truth.

Regardless of whether it visibly falls apart (and it's too early to see yet!), it's essential to highlight the incredibly tough times the staff went through to bring it to the screen. It's about knowing why certain elements are the way they are (CG titans, for example).

Ultimately, nobody knows what it will be like until it airs. Chief AD corrections can solve poor regular AD corrections. Impressive direction can help overcome limited animation. CG can help overcome action animation schedule issues. Rotoscoping can help with character animation.

I know people who have followed me for a long time understand this, but there are a lot of new people who seem to conflate reporting unfortunate information with hating a show, wanting it to fail, or that it's 100% indicative that the show will look bad.

Do I personally think cracks will start to show as we progress further into the series?

Absolutely but I want to be wrong!

Is that a fact you have to agree with?

No.

Is it based on information you should definitely keep in mind?

Yes.
Dec 9, 2020 12:22 PM
Nov 2020
MironBiron said:
MAQS said:
Animation quality is important, but AOT did not became the beloved series it is today with S1 or 2 or s3 p1 but with S3 p2, despite that season having a clear downgrade in animation, it still managed to enthroned AOT as a great series,

But S3P2 still had its very own and distinct audiovisual identity that had been crafted by a group of talented individuals over a period of 7 years. It might be lacking in animation but literally every frame is filled with so much research and identity that it can easily withstand its animation-bond limits.

mab03 said:

I don't agree with this. S3P2, while being a much more limited adaptation, is still exploding with solid cinematographic and directional choices that all carry within them the distinctive identity of Attack on Titan.

Whether that's the beautiful camerawork during the transformation in "The Town Where It All Began", the perfectly scored monologue in "Thunder Spears", the easily readable layers of poetic flashbacks in "Descent", the clouds of blood in "Perfect Game", the perfectly staged, overwhelmingly tragic character moments in "Hero", the intense and deeply personal usage of close-ups in "Midnight Sun", the scenery/ruin porn in "The Basement", the fairytale-like storyboards in "That Day", the dancing, cloudy skies in "The Attack Titan" or the brightly saturated faces and backgrounds in "To the Other Side of the Wall", Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 2 is still filled with identity in each and every corner.

you mentioned very good things.but at least for me it lacked a lot of good things from the other seasons too.when i read the manga and compared them to season 1 bd and season 2, i found a lot of improvements in anime,but when i compared s3 p2 to manga,i found out that manga had done a better job,i don't say anime was bad(it was perfect compared to other titles)but i didn't found anything to make the anime a better experience than manga despite the other seasons.maybe it's just that i had very high expections for that after reading manga.
Dec 9, 2020 12:29 PM

Oct 2020
MironBiron said:
MAQS said:

mab03 said:

You are still the most reasonable person here but you speak as if S4E1 had none of those. The Reiner transformation is easily one of the best of the series to me, coupled with the score which, although overused, was never misplaced. The added anime only scenes of harsh treatment of Eldians along with the inhumane airborne operation were handled beautifully, again using the very same score. It was extremely uncomfortable. The censorship was done really well too, close-ups and backgrounds were as great and reminded me of WIT IMO. They changed the whole trench setting and have improved upon it and while skies may not be as 'popping' as WIT's, I find them much more fitting and realistic. The deeply contrasted/saturated color palette of WIT is not something I will miss, as I believe the duller one Mappa uses along with the infamous blur effect makes the whole package somehow 'lived in' if you will. IMO, in the worst case, S4E1 is still only as bad as the average WIT episode. Saying this, I believe your disappointment comes from reading the manga during the transition period from WIT to Mappa. I dare say you wouldn't be nearly as critical as you are had you gone into this as an anime only. While the manga is great, both WIT and Mappa so far have improved upon it.
Dec 9, 2020 12:33 PM
Nov 2019
Skjilani said:
Yoshimichi Kameda worked on opening of final season so we can expect him in actual episodes and some one also said that titan transformation are done by him
Skjilani said:
did he? Where's the source to confirm that?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (136) « First ... « 131 132 [133] 134 135 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.