Forum Settings
Forums

Final 'Fruits Basket' Anime Season Airs in 2021

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 22, 2020 9:10 AM

Nov 2017
I'm so excited for the third and final season!
ElyshionOct 10, 2020 2:50 AM
Sep 22, 2020 12:55 PM

Jul 2020
Let’s goooooo!!
Sep 22, 2020 9:31 PM

Jul 2019
O yeah, i was thinking of reading the manga. But, i'll just wait for the sequel to be released.
Sep 23, 2020 5:36 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Fffff I waited since April 2019 for it to finish so that I can binge it. Oh well, gonna wait another year lollll
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2020 6:29 AM

Apr 2012
KANLen09 said:
RobertBobert said:

When they first announced the complete adaptation of the manga, I thought, "wow, it might take a long time." But when I see this news and understand that the entire anime will consist of only three seasons, it no longer looks so impressive. Now I'm wondering how many hyped manga could be fully adapted in 2 or 3 seasons.
Actually when you think about it, each season is coherently paced well with each episode adapting 2 chapters of the manga. With Season 2's end at Chapter 97, the reminder (plus some omissions) will take at least another 13 episodes plus a few.

If I remember correctly, the entire manga re-adaptation is slated at 63 to 65 episodes, and actually announced by the production team along with the mangaka Natsuki Takaya herself prior to Season 1's airing back in 2018. With how much we've seen in both seasons, I do have doubts that the finalized episode count of the final season will make or break the entire series as a whole, but crossed fingers while it's probably another 2/3 seasons' worth of wait.

Are you suggesting that they can follow the path of SAO and ReZero?
Sep 23, 2020 9:11 AM

Aug 2010
My body is ready. I hope another Shojo manga can get this full adaption treatment one day.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 23, 2020 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
KANLen09 said:
Actually when you think about it, each season is coherently paced well with each episode adapting 2 chapters of the manga. With Season 2's end at Chapter 97, the reminder (plus some omissions) will take at least another 13 episodes plus a few.

If I remember correctly, the entire manga re-adaptation is slated at 63 to 65 episodes, and actually announced by the production team along with the mangaka Natsuki Takaya herself prior to Season 1's airing back in 2018. With how much we've seen in both seasons, I do have doubts that the finalized episode count of the final season will make or break the entire series as a whole, but crossed fingers while it's probably another 2/3 seasons' worth of wait.

I mean like, they DID mention it would be a complete adaptation of the manga, so I'm just hoping when it comes it'll stick its content and wrap up the way it should than the 2001 version. Obviously I can't account for missed content to adapt, so rest assured it's at least 99% faithful to the source material with the 1% outlier.
Sep 23, 2020 10:10 AM

Apr 2012
KANLen09 said:
RobertBobert said:

I mean like, they DID mention it would be a complete adaptation of the manga, so I'm just hoping when it comes it'll stick its content and wrap up the way it should than the 2001 version. Obviously I can't account for missed content to adapt, so rest assured it's at least 99% faithful to the source material with the 1% outlier.

Speaking of content, I'm wondering if the sequel counts as a separate part of the manga? Or was it just the original basket? Sure, it sounds insolent, but I heard it was short, so I wouldn't mind seeing it in the anime too.
Sep 23, 2020 10:19 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
KANLen09 said:

Speaking of content, I'm wondering if the sequel counts as a separate part of the manga? Or was it just the original basket? Sure, it sounds insolent, but I heard it was short, so I wouldn't mind seeing it in the anime too.
You mean Fruits basket Another? It's totally separate from the manga story-wise, but personally I don't ever think they'll add into the final season to keep within the confines of airtime.
Sep 23, 2020 10:25 AM

Apr 2012
KANLen09 said:
RobertBobert said:

You mean Fruits basket Another? It's totally separate from the manga story-wise, but personally I don't ever think they'll add into the final season to keep within the confines of airtime.

Then how about a separate season? Or has it never been so popular? I won't deny though, it would feel like a lazy attempt to revive an old 80s TV series lol.
Sep 23, 2020 10:37 AM
運命の天使

Dec 2011
I have read the whole manga including the sequel. I mean the sequel is short and it would not be practical to produce a separate anime for that. So I think the term "in its entirety" could mean that they've included at least the summary (if not the whole) of the sequel as well, because at least for me, I think that is the real ending.

⚔️ Cards Delivery | Challenges | Events ⚔️

Sep 23, 2020 10:51 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
KANLen09 said:

Then how about a separate season? Or has it never been so popular? I won't deny though, it would feel like a lazy attempt to revive an old 80s TV series lol.
I mean, there's really no purpose to resurrect classic material, if the reboot is anything to go by for a refresh in visuals alone.

Furthermore, if a manga/LN is just too short for material, don't expect it to be easily translated into anime as it's a waste of time and resources.
Sep 23, 2020 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
KANLen09 said:
RobertBobert said:

I mean, there's really no purpose to resurrect classic material, if the reboot is anything to go by for a refresh in visuals alone.

Furthermore, if a manga/LN is just too short for material, don't expect it to be easily translated into anime as it's a waste of time and resources.

Even for a movie or OVA series?

Also, thanks for the link to the signature creation service. Are they automatically updated?
Sep 23, 2020 11:02 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
KANLen09 said:

Even for a movie or OVA series?

Also, thanks for the link to the signature creation service. Are they automatically updated?
Even if it's an OVA, it also costs money, and in the anime industry, the money-tossing has always been the make-or-break, save for the novelists and mangaka's desire to make their material into anime.

As for the signature thing, don't mind you PM or comment on my DP? Haha thanks, otherwise this forum discussion is gonna be flooded with both of our commentaries xD
Sep 24, 2020 3:11 PM

Feb 2011
Putting my hype in here!

Wooo!!

Nov 3, 2020 8:49 PM

May 2020
Just finished the manga! I can't wait for the finale! :D

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 13, 2021 1:20 AM
May 2016
New trailer:

I can’t wait!
ninka22Mar 13, 2021 1:25 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.