Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2020 6:34 AM

May 2019
come on is this recap really needed ?
and the season gonna start in 25 April like wtf ? its like attack on titan all over again

AskaaApr 12, 2020 8:24 PM
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Feb 25, 2020 6:38 AM
Feb 2017
Perhaps people have short term memory, don’t forget their representation! /s

Yeah idk why they need a recap.
Feb 25, 2020 6:59 AM

Jan 2019
I don't get why you complain, just wait 7 more days, it'll be 6+ months since SAO UWO started airing, a recap wont hurt
Feb 25, 2020 7:01 AM

Nov 2019
Askaa said:
and the season gonna start in 25 April like wtf ? its like attack on titan all over again

It's a new trend. However, I appreciate similarities with AOT s3 part 2. Lol
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Feb 25, 2020 7:01 AM
May 2015
It's the way the Japanese TV scheduling works. They most likely purchased a 13 episode timeslot (Special on 11th and Recap on 18th) but since they only needed 11 episodes for this season, they're going to use the rest of the timeslot for recaps and whatnot.

Let's say that this season actually starts on Apr. 11. It's going to finish airing on June 20th and my question is, what are they going to air on June 27th? Remember, the Spring Season is not over yet at that point. Unfortunately, the Japanese TV scheduling is so damn strict that they have to do it this way.

Like you said, Attack on Titan did it for the same reason and SAO is also doing it. Hell, even Fate/Grand Order is doing it. They only have 21 episodes, which technically should have been done airing last week but they've now taken a total of 3 weeks of break because they can't finish in the middle of the season.
jc9622Feb 25, 2020 7:06 AM

Feb 25, 2020 7:08 AM

May 2019
jc9622 said:
It's the way the Japanese TV scheduling works. They most likely purchased a 12-13 episode timeslot but since they only needed 11 episodes for this season, they're going to use the rest of the timeslot for recaps and whatnot.

Let's say that this season actually starts on Apr. 11. It's going to finish airing on June 20th and my question is, what are they going to air on June 27th? Remember, the Spring Season is not over yet at that point. Unfortunately, the Japanese TV scheduling is so damn strict that they have to do it this way.

Like you said, Attack on Titan did it for the same reason and SAO is also doing it. Hell, even Fate/Grand Order is doing it. They only have 21 episodes, which technically should have been done airing last week but they've now taken a total of 3 weeks of break because they can't finish in the middle of the season.

i see that actually makes sense
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Feb 25, 2020 9:07 AM

Jun 2015
jc9622 said:
It's the way the Japanese TV scheduling works. They most likely purchased a 13 episode timeslot (Special on 11th and Recap on 18th) but since they only needed 11 episodes for this season, they're going to use the rest of the timeslot for recaps and whatnot.

As you said, Attack on Titan did it for the same reason and SAO is also doing it. Hell, even Fate/Grand Order is doing it. They only have 21 episodes, which technically should have been done airing last week but they've now taken a total of 3 weeks of break because they can't finish in the middle of the season.

That's a pretty good explanation of the situation, seems to be happening with every AAA title so far!
KillsFeb 25, 2020 9:12 AM
Nothing impressive!
Feb 25, 2020 9:39 AM
Nov 2019
And im not too concern if they are going to make an recap/special episode.
Feb 25, 2020 11:00 AM
Nov 2019
+1 free point in completed anime.

Feb 25, 2020 11:18 AM

Sep 2019
Why? For what reason?
Feb 25, 2020 11:20 AM

Sep 2019
jc9622 said:

woah that's actually make sense. That's a good explanation dude.
Feb 25, 2020 11:26 AM

Sep 2009
Well, let's see if by then the "Corona Recaps" stop...
Feb 25, 2020 4:44 PM

Jan 2018
Askaa said:

I hate the recaps after just 4 episodes cause they can´t get the job done on time.
but I love a recap before a new season.
for ejample I´m watching railgun now and I have no idea why kuroko is on a wheelchair
Feb 25, 2020 4:57 PM

May 2019
abyss_will said:
Askaa said:

I hate the recaps after just 4 episodes cause they can´t get the job done on time.
for ejample I´m watching railgun now and I have no idea why kuroko is on a wheelchair

she is in wheelchair because of what happen in index season 2
you did not watch index before railgun ?

MY ANIME LIST
Feb 25, 2020 5:15 PM

Jan 2018
Askaa said:
abyss_will said:

she is in wheelchair because of what happen in index season 2
you did not watch index before railgun ?

yeah I did but it was a long time ago, so a recap would be nice cause I still don´t remember
Feb 26, 2020 12:46 AM
Oct 2019
Thoughts on whether we really need a recap on this season?
Feb 26, 2020 2:01 PM

Jan 2018
Kobac99 said:
hahaha thats true. im almost at 450 completed but i will probably be past that by April 19th
Feb 27, 2020 6:30 AM
May 2019
That moment when a 4 hour anime needs a recap
Mar 2, 2020 11:51 PM

Jul 2008
jc9622 said:
It's the way the Japanese TV scheduling works..... Unfortunately, the Japanese TV scheduling is so damn strict that they have to do it this way.

It’s SO frustrating that it works this way. The scheduling demands wind up messing with the pacing of so many shows. Sometimes a full cour isn’t needed to tell the story succinctly without dragging it out with filler or recaps, and other times there are shows that would benefit so much from a few extra episodes so they don’t feel rushed. And then in the cases where the studio does commit to extra episodes beyond the limit, there’s generally that awkward wait for the physical releases that contain the rest of the story (something that can occasionally be botched by simulcasting too). Or then there is the classic “finish it with a movie,” except the movie winds up not being licensed and is a struggle to find (usually after a hellish wait between it’s theatrical and Blu-ray release). It’s time for the rules to change.
Mar 4, 2020 9:19 AM
Jun 2019
Even if they are doing a recap, its not like they are taking money from you to make it.
Mar 4, 2020 11:58 AM

May 2019
Blank2567 said:
Even if they are doing a recap, its not like they are taking money from you to make it.

its not about money its about the wait

MY ANIME LIST
Mar 8, 2020 2:14 PM
Nov 2017
You prefer the recap been part of the anime itself ?
Mar 9, 2020 1:54 AM

May 2019
BetterNew said:
You prefer the recap been part of the anime itself ?

we dont want recap in the first place
first there isnt much between this part and the part before
second if we count the whole alicization we already have 2 recaps and this is gonna be the third

MY ANIME LIST
Mar 9, 2020 2:54 AM

Apr 2015
Haven't seen this anime, but I'd like to mention you should just expect more and more re-caps for almost every new anime, even 12 episode anime typically get them after just 5 episodes. No one wants them, but re-caps are made anyway for some reason.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 9, 2020 4:29 PM

May 2019
Tropisch said:
Haven't seen this anime, but I'd like to mention you should just expect more and more re-caps for almost every new anime, even 12 episode anime typically get them after just 5 episodes. No one wants them, but re-caps are made anyway for some reason.

oh you really should check out sword art online its a good anime

MY ANIME LIST
Apr 4, 2020 10:21 PM

Dec 2014
well it is obviously a cash grab
Apr 12, 2020 1:19 PM

Dec 2014
Kobac99 said:

same,,,,,, ......
Apr 18, 2020 7:07 PM
Feb 2015
Kobac99 said:
Kobac99 said:

True lol. Couldn't have said it better
Apr 19, 2020 1:45 PM
Tyrant

Aug 2018
Well even if this recap is useless, we have this to watch while we're waiting for the delayed next season...
May 7, 2020 7:26 AM

Mar 2017
Zuit said:
Well even if this recap is useless, we have this to watch while we're waiting for the delayed next season...

This is delayed too haha
Jul 4, 2020 8:17 AM
Sep 2016
After recap expect recap of recap...gezzz...

More topics from this board

» Why is there only a RAW version?

hitoridoga - Jul 5, 2020

14 by lyron_aguiar »»
Jun 28, 2023 7:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Recap Episode 1 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 4, 2020

7 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jan 21, 2023 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.