Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (95) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2020 4:32 PM
Feb 2020
AbrahamOmosun said:
Bunka_no_Otoko said:

Please help me ask them the connection between MAL rankings and funimation and Amazon dropping the show. How do the two correlate? Is coming to MAL to give IR 10 going to change anybody's mind about licensing it? Are the executives going to be quaking in their boots and have to beg for forgiveness for dropping it? If yes, please explain

It's called a protest. Most of Nux's fans were watching the uncensored 7 seas streams to begin with. As this is one of the most recognized Anime ranking sites in the west, this is where they came to make their voices heard.

As for the Japanese station dropping it. They were influenced by the same sjw pressure from feminists and the trans community that funimation was. There are 5 other stations in Japan airing it, and the fully uncensored version streaming from Taiwan isn't going anywhere.

Most of the fans of this series are dropping accounts over this, but it's quickly become an issue far greater than the anime itself, but rather one if censorship.

Ecchi fans frequent some dark corners of the interwebs. God help you when 4 chan and Anonymous catch wind of this.[/quote]

Ok "lets flex on funimation by going to MAL" has turned to a protest about censorship.Nice job sticking it to the man and big coperations. In the coming weeks we will see how effective your "flex" on this site or anywhere else will turn into tangible results like increased manga sales or funi re-licencing it. I wonder how many nux viewers actually had funi accounts or were legally streaming it and weren't just pirating it. I wonder how many "new fans" are also pirating it.

Anyway good luck with your "protest". Hope you have a nice time[/quote]

Apparently you haven't been to the Funimation forums or their YT channel. This is far from my (or Nux's) protest. (I guess we're just gonna gloss over the Lost Pause video here. Even tho he has 300k more subs.)

If you want to gatekeep here and censor the voices of thousands tell me one time that has ever ended well for a website?
Feb 8, 2020 4:36 PM
Feb 2020
Saito6689 said:
This is interesting, i saw the score and was thinking: No way THAT much people suddenly have good taste.
Well jokes aside, i can see the problem here and decided to pull my 10 vote away for now (i honestly like it that much huehue) but i'm afraid to be purged along with the fake accounts lol.

See? This is the chilling effect of your childish taste gatekeeping. Long time supporters of your site can not even voice their true opinion without fear of reprisal.
Feb 8, 2020 4:38 PM

Nov 2012
LegendaryRQA said:
Sarteck said:
but what about the others?

Those can stay as long as they become legitimate users like yourself.

So what's the cutoff?
An hour?
A day?
You must rate X amount of anime within 1 week?

Not trying to be difficult, but it's a blurry line there, you have to admit.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 4:41 PM

Nov 2009
Bunka_no_Otoko said:
Saito6689 said:
This is interesting, i saw the score and was thinking: No way THAT much people suddenly have good taste.
Well jokes aside, i can see the problem here and decided to pull my 10 vote away for now (i honestly like it that much huehue) but i'm afraid to be purged along with the fake accounts lol.

See? This is the chilling effect of your childish taste gatekeeping. Long time supporters of your site can not even voice their true opinion without fear of reprisal.

Nah im totally okay with this, i understand the problem and i honestly think the mods here are competent enough to not ban my 2009 created account. They're probably working their butts off right now.

And i wouldn't worry about being banned even if you have a newly created one, there should be at least a few entrys on your list to be save and if not....just create a new one since nothing big was lost anyways
Saito66Feb 8, 2020 4:53 PM
Feb 8, 2020 4:43 PM
Aug 2019
Bunka_no_Otoko said:
AbrahamOmosun said:
Please help me ask them the connection between MAL rankings and funimation and Amazon dropping the show. How do the two correlate? Is coming to MAL to give IR 10 going to change anybody's mind about licensing it? Are the executives going to be quaking in their boots and have to beg for forgiveness for dropping it? If yes, please explain

It's called a protest. Most of Nux's fans were watching the uncensored 7 seas streams to begin with. As this is one of the most recognized Anime ranking sites in the west, this is where they came to make their voices heard.

As for the Japanese station dropping it. They were influenced by the same sjw pressure from feminists and the trans community that funimation was. There are 5 other stations in Japan airing it, and the fully uncensored version streaming from Taiwan isn't going anywhere.

Most of the fans of this series are dropping accounts over this, but it's quickly become an issue far greater than the anime itself, but rather one if censorship.

Ecchi fans frequent some dark corners of the interwebs. God help you when 4 chan and Anonymous catch wind of this.

Ok "lets flex on funimation by going to MAL" has turned to a protest about censorship.Nice job sticking it to the man and big coperations. In the coming weeks we will see how effective your "flex" on this site or anywhere else will turn into tangible results like increased manga sales or funi re-licencing it. I wonder how many nux viewers actually had funi accounts or were legally streaming it and weren't just pirating it. I wonder how many "new fans" are also pirating it.

Anyway good luck with your "protest". Hope you have a nice time[/quote]

Apparently you haven't been to the Funimation forums or their YT channel. This is far from my (or Nux's) protest. (I guess we're just gonna gloss over the Lost Pause video here. Even tho he has 300k more subs.)

If you want to gatekeep here and censor the voices of thousands tell me one time that has ever ended well for a website?[/quote]

I don't want to gatekeep or censor anyone. If you want to protest about your favorite anime being dropped, go ahead and do it on funimation sites (which you said has already happened) Go and buy multiple volumes of the manga(which will definitely raise eyebrows to higher ups). If you really love the anime and want to see it re-licenced, this is a good thing and by all means do it to your hearts content.

What I am saying is that bringing MAL into a situation it has no involvement in or can influence to any degree is ultimately not helping anyone. Not your cause and certainly not MAL
AbrahamOmosunFeb 8, 2020 4:49 PM
Feb 8, 2020 4:46 PM

Oct 2014
Sarteck said:

If you haven't logged on in 3 months then your scores shouldn't count. You clearly don't care about the website anymore. If you come back then your scores are valid again. This stuff isn't rocket science, my dude.
Message me for Fate/ information
Feb 8, 2020 4:47 PM

Nov 2012
AbrahamOmosun said:

I don't want to gatekeep or censor anyone. If you want to protest about your favorite anime being dropped, go ahead and do it on funimation sites (which you said has already happened) Go and buy multiple volumes of the manga(which will definitely raise eyebrows to higher ups). If you really love the anime and want to see it re-licenced, this is a good thing and by all means do it to your hearts content.

What I am saying is that bringing MAL into a situation it has no involvement in or can influence to any degree is ultimately not helping anyone. Not your cause, not your fanbase and certainly not MAL

Agree and applaud 100%. But is there anything wrong with showing our appreciation for the show on MAL?

Forget the bots/dupes, I agree that crap should be purged. But legit fans showing their support for the show, that's always a good thing.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
Sarteck said:
Agree and applaud 100%. But is there anything wrong with showing our appreciation for the show on MAL?

Forget the bots/dupes, I agree that crap should be purged. But legit fans showing their support for the show, that's always a good thing.

What are we at, #5?

That was always the point. Nobody wants to invalidate you 7 year old account. We only care about the bots/fake/brigadier accounts.
Feb 8, 2020 4:51 PM

Nov 2012
LegendaryRQA said:
Sarteck said:

If you haven't logged on in 3 months then your scores shouldn't count. You clearly don't care about the website anymore. If you come back then your scores are valid again. This stuff isn't rocket science, my dude.

I don't necessarily agree, but I understand where you are coming from.

There would be several problems with this, though, not the least of which would be the "of all time" category. If an anime was popular 10 years ago but not popular now, should the votes and accounts of those people be purged?

I mean, I can see arguments in favor and against it. It would keep the ratings "fresh" but would invalidate anything else.

LegendaryRQA said:
Sarteck said:

What are we at, #5?

That was always the point. Nobody wants to invalidate you 7 year old account. We only care about the bots/fake/brigadier accounts.

But you're including legitimate accounts in your "fake/brigadier" definition.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 4:59 PM

Oct 2014
Sarteck said:
If an anime was popular 10 years ago but not popular now, should the votes and accounts of those people be purged?

Evangelion Aired in 1995. I have it scored as a 10. I have been online in the last 3 months. My score still counts. I stop watching anime, and don't use MAL anymore. 3 months pass. My score no longer counts. I am NOT one of the site developers. This is just what I would personally do
Feb 8, 2020 5:02 PM
Aug 2019
Sarteck said:
AbrahamOmosun said:

What I am saying is that bringing MAL into a situation it has no involvement in or can influence to any degree is ultimately not helping anyone. Not your cause, not your fanbase and certainly not MAL

No there is nothing wrong with showing your appreciation but with nux's 2 videos about coming to mal to give it ten, no one can differentiate between a real fan, a troll pretending to be a real fan and everything in between because asking any of them about if they watched and enjoyed the show will give you the same answer

"I totally loved this show 10/10" if they are particularly nasty they will add a quip about FMAB, sjws/prudes or MAL in general

Nux's videos have tainted this whole situation and made everything a giant mess.
Feb 8, 2020 5:02 PM
Nov 2007
Saito6689 said:

I am with you on this man. I loved episodes 4 so much that was going to give it 9 for the show, but then I saw the BS and will have to wait. I honestly think that show is hilarious and don't really care what Funi says, but I have to agree, messing with scores to such an extent is not cool, but kids so what can you say.
Feb 8, 2020 5:11 PM

Jan 2008
So because of funimation, youtubers are urging over ((((2 million)))) subscribers to take it out on MAL. And still, it does NOTHING to funimation. They couldn't give two flying ducks. All they're doing is causing the admins on MAL to have a stressful day.

If the youtubers were smart enough to actually know how to succeed at messing with funimation, they'd urge their viewers to unsubscribe from funimation. Not mess with a site that doesn't have a single dime in funimations operation.

Nobody should be justifying the skewing of a rating system. It defeats the ENTIRE purpose of having ratings to begin with.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenFeb 8, 2020 7:34 PM
Feb 8, 2020 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
This whole situation feels blown out of proportion, i know i may be alone with my opinion but i couldn't care less about scores, i only rate shows because it's an option and wouldn't bat an eye even if they were to remove the whole scoring system. Maybe, just maybe people would watch animes unbiased and trolls had a lot less to work with.
And maybe i just feel this way because im too old for this overly dramatic stuff.
Feb 8, 2020 5:18 PM
Aug 2019
Strayfe said:
So because of funimation, youtubers are urging over ((((2 million)))) subscribers to take it out on MAL. And still, it does NOTHING to funimation. They couldn't give two flying ducks. All they're doing is causing the admins on MAL to have a stressful day.

If the youtubers were smart enough to actually know how to succeed at messing with funimation, they'd urge their viewers to unsubscribe from funimation. Not mess with a site that doesn't have a single dime in funimations operation.

Nobody should be justifying the skewing of a rating system. It defeats the ENTIRE purpose of having ratings to begin with.

According to someone, this protest has become bigger than the show and is now about censorship and that we are trying to gatekeep them which will not end well for MAL. If this also confuses you, welcome to this thread.
Feb 8, 2020 5:20 PM

Aug 2018
Strayfe said:
I always imagined you guys would have the maturity of a toddler, but didn't think any of you would prove it so soon.

I still find it funny how hypocritical a lot of users like yourself act.

@Saito6689, You hit the nail, it is blown out proportion and doesn't matter in the long run. The people still arguing with and insulting Nux fans are just doing so to get attention.
Feb 8, 2020 5:21 PM
Feb 2020
Neji said:
Saito6689 said:

I am with you on this man. I loved episodes 4 so much that was going to give it 9 for the show, but then I saw the BS and will have to wait. I honestly think that show is hilarious and don't really care what Funi says, but I have to agree, messing with scores to such an extent is not cool, but kids so what can you say.

Most of the accounts aren't fake though. By the "illegitimate votes by ligitimate accounts" arguement, every vote in every election would be illegitimate cus someone else convinced those voters who to vote for. Also lets not pretend FMAB isnt kept number one due to "illegitimate votes."
Feb 8, 2020 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
Strayfe said:
So because of funimation, youtubers are urging over ((((2 million)))) subscribers to take it out on MAL.

Can you please not use this anti-semetic echo?

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/echo
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Feb 8, 2020 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
EvenJellyOn said:
Strayfe said:
So because of funimation, youtubers are urging over ((((2 million)))) subscribers to take it out on MAL.

That's 3 on each side. Mine had 4.

And I never even heard about that. Wow there's some stupid symbolism out there. And I've been doing mine as an eye grab since AIM in the 90's. It's almost as if they copied me, seeing as this "hate symbol" originated in 2014, and only picked up in 2016. So no, I'm definitely not going to stop.
ZakuF_Feb 8, 2020 5:37 PM
Feb 8, 2020 5:24 PM
Dec 2019
honestly i think this discussion should die down already, all arguments that could be made in defense from and for both sides have been used already múltiple times and now everything is derailing into insult ing each others IQ, i honestly stand in the Middle ground in all of this, i think ishuzoku reviewers is a great show, but i don't agree in the way that the show is getting recognized and boosted.
Feb 8, 2020 5:25 PM
Jan 2020
EvenJellyOn said:
Strayfe said:

lmao if we stopped using everything the adl claimed as bad we wouldnt have anythng else left.

also i hope all the 1/10 reviews will be removed with all the fake 10/10 reviews
Feb 8, 2020 5:27 PM

Oct 2014
iyokorke said:
i think ishuzoku reviewers is a great show, but i don't agree in the way that the show is getting recognized and boosted.

Then your not in the middle. Your on our side. The side that wants the bots removed. I like the show to, and was exited that it was getting an Anime. I was also happy it had a 7.66 and growing on MAL.
Feb 8, 2020 5:41 PM
Jun 2011
Don't worry guys, I'm sure the admins and mods will TOTALLY delete the 1 and 2 ratings just like the 10 ones.

I have total faith they won't abuse their power for a show they personally dislike. I mean, it's not like they're going to delete all of Nux's fanbases votes just because they're Nux's fans. They're legitimate people too. They're only gonna delete the 'one guy' who voted many times. I'm sure of it.
Feb 8, 2020 5:42 PM

Mar 2013
So much going on about Nux inciting people over Ishuzoku Reviewers & MAL.

My quick opinion is: making fake accounts to upvote is crossing the line. Though if you wanted to show Funimation your displeasure w/ their actions I don't see (much of) a problem with tenured accounts scoring it a 10 for the weekend. Then setting it back to their real opinion score on Monday. It's a form of peaceful protest in my opinion.

Once again just to express you displeasure to Funimation.

Everything else that is popping off is just childish & uncalled for. We'll all be on to the next thing come the spring season & this anime will largely be forgotten, but brought back up during the year end recap of 2020.
Feb 8, 2020 5:44 PM

Oct 2014
Oddjoke said:
Don't worry guys, I'm sure the admins and mods will TOTALLY delete the 1 and 2 ratings just like the 10 ones.

I have total faith they won't abuse their power for a show they personally dislike.

This sounds like projection.

Also, the mods aren't going to do anything. It's going to be some sort of algorithm.
Feb 8, 2020 5:48 PM
Jun 2011
Cladocera said:
Bunka_no_Otoko said:
If you want to gatekeep here and censor the voices of thousands tell me one time that has ever ended well for a website?
Twist it like that if you must. Fortunately unlike those websites, MAL is supported by a strong active community that may not always peaceful and many probably hated each other but is not easily influenced by nonsensical bullshits and they aren't dumb enough to follow you guys if you ever decided to boycott this site for stupidly unrelated events that have nothing to do with it at all. They were and always be what keep the site going, not old abandoned accounts coming back because of a shitty and pointless movement nor the flux of new accounts that came here for the same reason and never coming back again. Ofc I'm not forgetting about newcomers who have taken a liking and decided to stay and keep using MAL for what it is regardless of the intinital reasons that caused them to come here. They're always welcomed just like every new members in the last 15 years and I'd expect them to be able to understand if this happens to cause them any troubles at all.

We (the staff supported by regular users) made our decision and if something terrible truly happens because of that then we are ready for whatever it is. Just let me remind you that MAL became one of the biggest anime database not because it supports your child quarrels but because it's been doing a good job as a database and a place for fans to hang out with. And we have hard-working and responsible people doing their best to keep it like that. So yes, you can keep your pointless threats to yourself, I think MAL will continue doing just fine.

You literally have 4 posts. Not very active enough, I would argue.

Knock it off with the elitism, chief. Everyone's opinion matters.

Feb 8, 2020 5:53 PM

Nov 2012
AbrahamOmosun said:
Sarteck said:

No there is nothing wrong with showing your appreciation but with nux's 2 videos about coming to mal to give it ten, no one can differentiate between a real fan, a troll pretending to be a real fan and everything in between because asking any of them about if they watched and enjoyed the show will give you the same answer

"I totally loved this show 10/10" if they are particularly nasty they will add a quip about FMAB, sjws/prudes or MAL in general

Nux's videos have tainted this whole situation and made everything a giant mess.

I can't really disagree with that at all, except that I would only say that Nux's videos helped contribute to bringing the problem to light. It's existed for quite a while.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 5:55 PM

Nov 2012
Oddjoke said:

You literally have 4 posts. Not very active enough, I would argue.

Knock it off with the elitism, chief. Everyone's opinion matters.

That pretty much sums up the situation in a nutshell.

Some users are arguing that your opinion doesn't matter if you haven't used MAL pre-Nux.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 5:56 PM

Oct 2014
Wasn't even him. It was the Chihayafuru bots that brought it to light a few months ago.
Feb 8, 2020 5:56 PM

Jan 2008
Why did they encourage people to attack MAL, a site for fans, run by fans. That's just destructive to the anime fandom as a whole. If they want to damage Funimation, they should have urged people to unsubscribe from their streaming service. That's how a real boycott is done.
Feb 8, 2020 5:59 PM

Nov 2012
Strayfe said:
Why did they encourage people to attack MAL, a site for fans, run by fans. That's just destructive to the anime fandom as a whole. If they want to damage Funimation, they should have urged people to unsubscribe from their streaming service. That's how a real boycott is done.

Hallo, Nux fan, here, and also IR fan that rated it a 10/10.
I'm not here to boycott anything, and I'm also not here to "attack" MAL. I don't think that voting up your favorite anime is an attack. I do condemn the downvoters and the bot/dupes, but I think the majority are not in that group.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 6:00 PM

Oct 2014
Sarteck said:
I'm not here to boycott anything, and I'm also not here to "attack" MAL. I don't think that voting up your favorite anime is an attack. I do condemn the downvoters and the bot/dupes, but I think the majority are not in that group.

Statistically speaking, they are.

Edit:

Just scrolled a little and found one randomly. https://myanimelist.net/profile/pla1803k
Feb 8, 2020 6:02 PM
Aug 2018
iyokorke said:
honestly i think this discussion should die down already, all arguments that could be made in defense from and for both sides have been used already múltiple times and now everything is derailing into insult ing each others IQ, i honestly stand in the Middle ground in all of this, i think ishuzoku reviewers is a great show, but i don't agree in the way that the show is getting recognized and boosted.

Same though, I read the manga beforehand and I really enjoy it for many reasons and the anime made it a lot better with the animation and soundtrack and I was really happy that on its own it was already at 7.6 at episode 3 but after all this, this series is nothing but a meme and that makes me sad because it’s honestly one of the best ecchi series out there in my opinion and both sides are really annoying so I’m in the middle ground until this is settled because I get a headache reading this thread
Feb 8, 2020 6:03 PM

Nov 2012
LegendaryRQA said:
Sarteck said:

How do you mean? Can you extrapolate on that? I mean, I assume you've got some data set in mind if you bring up statistics.

LegendaryRQA said:
Sarteck said:

Edit:

Just scrolled a little and found one randomly. https://myanimelist.net/profile/pla1803k

Why do you call this a bot/dupe?

EDIT: Surely you're not claiming it's a downvoter, since it has no downvotes.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 6:07 PM

Oct 2014
Sarteck said:

Don't make me spell it out for you.
Feb 8, 2020 6:08 PM

Nov 2012
LegendaryRQA said:
Sarteck said:

--snip--

Don't make me spell it out for you.

Spell it out for me, because I'm not seeing any downvotes.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 6:12 PM

Oct 2014
Sarteck said:

The account was made after the video was release. I has exactly 1 show on it's list, and that just happens to be IR, and it has a 10, it's name appears to be randomly generated. It doesn't have a profile picture. It hasn't been online since adding the one show it has. If you asked me yes or no if it was real or fake, and if i guessed wrong you would shoot me. I would get it's not real.

These are the accounts the algorithm will get rid of.
Feb 8, 2020 6:12 PM

Jan 2008
LegendaryRQA said:
Sarteck said:

Edit:

Here's another https://myanimelist.net/profile/Andy1994
New acc, only anime listed are FMA:B at 1, and IR at 10
Feb 8, 2020 6:14 PM

Nov 2012
LegendaryRQA said:
Sarteck said:

The account was made after the video was release. I has exactly 1 show on it's list, and that just happens to be IR, and it has a 10, it's name appears to be randomly generated. It doesn't have a profile picture. It hasn't been online since adding the one show it has. If you asked me yes or no if it was real or fake, and if i guessed wrong you would shoot me. I would get it's not real.

These are the accounts the algorithm will get rid of.

So I was mentioning bots/dupes and downvoters, and you linked something that was neither. Got it.

Strayfe said:
LegendaryRQA said:

Edit:

I agree that accounts like that should be purged.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 6:14 PM
Mar 2019
Tbh my inbox is filled with deleted forum quotes now. But fr fr this anime is a 6/10. The themes and such are just no....
Feb 8, 2020 6:16 PM

Nov 2012
EdgeoftheLords said:
Tbh my inbox is filled with deleted forum quotes now. But fr fr this anime is a 6/10. The themes and such are just no....
Do ya plan to rate it?
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 6:17 PM

Jan 2008
Alright guys, it's been real. Imma head out and watch Try Knights.
Feb 8, 2020 6:20 PM

Jun 2015
Strayfe said:
LegendaryRQA said:

Edit:

There are many suspicious accounts, look at all these:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/gilmento
https://myanimelist.net/profile/LazarBosnjak
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Skarlaxion
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MidnaGamer64
https://myanimelist.net/profile/dave46
https://myanimelist.net/profile/BeigeKitsune
https://myanimelist.net/profile/iambackbig3
https://myanimelist.net/profile/L3afzera
https://myanimelist.net/profile/dodanrki8
https://myanimelist.net/profile/HellPwnage1337
https://myanimelist.net/profile/madlad22
https://myanimelist.net/profile/dreamerrr111
https://myanimelist.net/profile/meliodas433
https://myanimelist.net/profile/xisexa49
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Cashbrash
https://myanimelist.net/profile/NikNak514
https://myanimelist.net/profile/mycoxylic
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Flamingkm
https://myanimelist.net/profile/RazorEdgeRequiem
https://myanimelist.net/profile/zmortis
https://myanimelist.net/profile/DynastyStar2
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Lisetto
https://myanimelist.net/profile/ghost6942069
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Lupin32
https://myanimelist.net/profile/zeroblack69
https://myanimelist.net/profile/russianbot1

The funny thing is that accounts like these are like 90% of the post Nux accounts that need to be purged, contrary to Sarteck denial.
Fortune favours the bold!

Feb 8, 2020 6:22 PM

Oct 2014
Sarteck said:
So I was mentioning bots/dupes and downvoters, and you linked something that was neither. Got it.

For the sake of argument, he's a profile that should also be removed giving it a 1 and other shows a 10. https://myanimelist.net/profile/Alzyra

Like i said for the 7th time: Like whatever you want. We only care about the bots.
Feb 8, 2020 6:26 PM
Feb 2020
Dmitrihonev said:
So there are people out here who actually believe Ishuzoku reviewers... Should be alongside titles like Fullmetal Alchemist, Steins;gate, Shingeki no Kyojin, Hunter x Hunter, Gintama...? I'm sorry, I don't agree. I understand not all the users who are spamming 10 are not necessarily bot or dupe accounts, but they're still mostly people hopping on the bandwagon. Though I know there are people out there genuinely rating this show a 10, i don't believe it's enough people to raise its score to where it is right now.

No we actually believe it belongs ABOVE those shows considering there isn't a single ecchi show in the top 10. Funny how genre preferences work huh?
Feb 8, 2020 6:27 PM
Aug 2018
HaXXspetten said:
zebdal said:
also, to fix the scores, you have multiple ways :
- lower the weight of a score if the account is young, for a least the first months, and possibly do the opposite when the account is older.
- lower/higher the weight of a score depending of how many anime he has actually seen.
I mean, someone who just discovered anime will probably give shows like naruto a 10/10 just because he knows only that.
- lower/higher the weight of a score depending of the variance of his scores.
basically a guy that only gives 1/10 and 10/10 will have their scores extremely lowered compared to people who give scores that respect more the average law distribution.
you add those 3 systerms together and you ban bot accounts, and then you'll get a better score system.
Yeah I've been thinking something similar. Could also theoretically make it so that people who have seen a lot of anime from the same genre carry more weight when rating shows of that genre than someone who's got little to no experience of it but that might cause debate on what tags every entry should have so I'm not sure

But in general I think the most important changes should be to make accounts made in the last month or two carry little to no weight in scoring in order to dissuade account spamming, and also accounts that have not been logged into for a long time should carry little to no weight as well (since evidentially those people don't seem to care about the site anymore anyway, and also any leftover throwaway spam accounts will be nullified)

I actually think MAL could use an update like that. It might be initially a bit difficult for them to hash out, but if they can do it we may see the rating system in its best state yet.
But that's just like... my opinion... man
Feb 8, 2020 6:27 PM

Aug 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
Strayfe said:

The funny thing is that accounts like these are like 90% of the post Nux accounts that need to be purged, contrary to Sarteck denial.

What if even a single one of those is an actual real user and/or will be using the site in the future? If I didn't already have an account and I made one to support the show, I'd be pretty mad and offended if my account was just straight up deleted lol
Feb 8, 2020 6:31 PM
Aug 2018
zebdal said:
at least, it was fun to watch the world burn for a few hours.

though, you should fix something else too :

the fact that you can post a review for an anime after watching only 1 episode of a series instead of the whole show or season of a show.
like wtf, it's even worse than the 0-bombing/10-bombing.
how is it useful to read a review of a series that's not even finished to begin with ? I mean there's some exceptions like "one piece" or "meitantei conan", but how useful it is for members of MAL to watch reviews of only 1 episode of a show ?
how are you supposed to say that for example madoka is good after only 1 episode ? same for school days.
even the "3 episodes law" doesn't work, as shows like Steins;Gate really begin high after only half of the series.
3/4 of the reviews written on MAL are actually just useless garbage just because the reviewers didn't wait to watch the whole series before giving an opinion on it.
don't get me wrong, I have nothing against those reviewers, but this shouldn't be allowed.
you should seriously think about fixing that too.

also, to fix the scores, you have multiple ways :
- lower the weight of a score if the account is young, for a least the first months, and possibly do the opposite when the account is older.
- lower/higher the weight of a score depending of how many anime he has actually seen.
I mean, someone who just discovered anime will probably give shows like naruto a 10/10 just because he knows only that.
- lower/higher the weight of a score depending of the variance of his scores.
basically a guy that only gives 1/10 and 10/10 will have their scores extremely lowered compared to people who give scores that respect more the average law distribution.
you add those 3 systerms together and you ban bot accounts, and then you'll get a better score system.
I think that reviews from people who haven't watched the entire show should only really be allowed/or highlighted while said show is still airing. In this case it would make sense so that people who just heard about the show would have something more to look at before picking it up (if its airing).

On another note, I think that the possible solution for the rating system you brought up could cause some problems. I think that it might actually work better if there was some way for (hypothetically) a group of people chosen to check reviews by MAL or something. Say for instance someone wrote a review, one of these people could then go over what the reviewer had said and based on certain parameters give more weight to said person. The average MAL user who doesn't write reviews could keep rating shows as normal, but just have their ratings mean less than someone who took the time to write a full analysis on a show.

I think that it could be a possibility to re-invent the rating system as a whole. Maybe create a rating based on everyone's score (like the one currently installed) and then have a separate rating which comes from people who wrote detailed reviews.

I do also think that the community reviews should be watched. If MAL is going to implement a new system that will fix the current one they could just use it for what would be the "community rating".

I know that all of this would take a lot of up keep from the party who is maintaining and looking over every review and what not, but even so I think by instating something like it may build a positive community on MAL. I believe that doing something like this would prevent botting and deter people from purposefully giving a show a low rating for the hell of it.

Anyways, just a thought, would like to hear someone else's opinion on it
LeftBlankFeb 8, 2020 7:18 PM
But that's just like... my opinion... man
Feb 8, 2020 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
Zura1468 said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

What if even a single one of those is an actual real user and/or will be using the site in the future? If I didn't already have an account and I made one to support the show, I'd be pretty mad and offended if my account was just straight up deleted lol

Several of those are indeed real accounts, they were posting here on the forums.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 8, 2020 6:33 PM

Jan 2008
[quote=Zura1468 message=59106721]
DeathTheKid4 said:
Strayfe said:

Might get a bit messy if they go the deletion route. I'd prefer them just to reset all the scores so everything back to a blank slate. If they do purge them all then I still wouldn't feel all that bad.

Whose really taking the bigger hit, those new acc's who are likely trolling, or people who've use this site for ages and are now seeing the metrics get trashed.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (95) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

281 by Artromex »»
Aug 27, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ashhk - Mar 28, 2020

190 by Artromex »»
Aug 27, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

156 by Artromex »»
Aug 26, 5:48 AM

» Season 2?

1WanteD1 - Sep 17, 2023

2 by Kaneki456 »»
Jul 24, 10:49 AM

» Anime is underrated

Sasora - Jan 9, 2022

20 by Talamare »»
Jun 21, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.